Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 02:18 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
I am a WEN girl and have been for many, many years. The best cleansing conditioner EVER. I also discovered his oils by accident and my thick, naturally curly hair has never been the same. I am proud to say I am no longer a "hair product junkie". As for the rest of the body.......shea butter is all you'll ever need.
OMG! Me too! I will never use anything else on my hair again. I use "Fig". Best. Hair. Product. Ever.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:02 PM   #257  

Hi All!
I have been away from the boards for a few days and am finally caught up. I am finally in my "re-boot", starting today. I must admit that I am struggling a little bit knowing that I am going to be in P1 for a little while. I also know that I am struggling because of the carb and sugar detox. Yesterday was the biggest, craziest cheat day I have ever had since before starting IP.

I did the most amazing, crazy endurance race this past weekend, which is why I have been holding off on my reboot until today. I did the Ragnar Relay FL Keys. It is a team endurance event where you run from Miami to Key West (199 miles) as a relay team (12 people). I ran 3 different times for a total mileage of 21.3. It took about 34 hours for the 12 of us to complete the 199 miles. Needless to say, lots of carbs were ingested to sustain energy through out and yesterday, my appetite was insatiable, hence the crazy cheat day. Lots and lots of sugar and carbs. It was very easy to justify that I could eat that way after running 21.3 miles.

Because of all the eating that happened over the weekend, I am WAY up on the scale with a number that I DO NOT LIKE ONE BIT (136.2). But I am back on track and looking to spend 21-28 days on P1 to see if I can get to 125#. I am not willing to commit to any more than 3-4 weeks at P1, so I will see where I can get to in that time frame. More than anything, I just need a few weeks to get back in control and get back that "good feeling". I agree with what a lot of you said that I hate the "fluffy" feeling of eating too many carbs and I prefer the "hollow" feeling of P1. I know my pound gain is not real, but I still feel bloated and fluffy, and I just don't like that.

On the 3 days before the relay (Jan 3-5), I was able to string together (3) great P1 days and hit an all time low of 131.2. I was starting to feel really good again, and was still able to feel really good through out my runs, but I am feeling kinda crappy today and looking forward to getting over the hump.

To jump in with some of the clothing talk, I am a solid size 4, with some 6's and some 2's (where the sizing runs either small or large). I have held onto (1) pair of size 6 jeans and (2) pairs of size (6) dress slacks. I do not ever intend to go back, but should I have a spell of "out of control-ness", I felt like I should have 1-2 things that I can wear until I am back comfortably in my 4's. I know it is a little bit of a crutch or safety net, but right now, I feel like I need it. But other than that, I have consigned or donated all of my medium and large items as well as everything from size 8 up.

That is also part of the reason that I would like to get down a couple of more pounds, so that I can have just a bit of leeway in my 4's. I do not like my pants to feel tight (does anyone???) so if I can can have a finger or 2 of room, I would feel so much better.

In a general summary of the talk about the oils, I have used coconut oil on brown rice for years (yummy!) and I am going to look for Jojoba oil for my face.

Ever since I was in my teens, I have been very strict about my "face regime" (thanks mom!) and have always used facial cleaners and moisturizers and I NEVER, EVER, EVER sleep with make up on. I wear sunscreen every day (now) and I never get tan on my face (I always wear a hat on the beach or out on the boat). As a result, I get a lot of compliments on my skin and look years younger than my age. However, I am always looking for ways to keep my skin looking great, and am always up for trying anything "toiletry" related. I just love beauty products in general. Especially now that I am in my late 30's and having lost weight, I welcome anything to help keep the wrinkles at bay.

Off to continue to battle the headache that is carbs and sugar leaving the body...
Old 01-09-2012, 03:17 PM   #258  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
OMG! Me too! I will never use anything else on my hair again. I use "Fig". Best. Hair. Product. Ever.
I just ordered... I didn't an option to select a type. I think I got sweet almond.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:29 PM   #259  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
In the shower I alternate between fig, lavender and tea tree (in the summer). This morning I had the wonderful pleasure of trying vanilla mint for the first time. Reminds me of the tea tree. On the counter, I have the corresponding oils that I use after I add a couple small squirts of either sweet almond or fig as a leave in. I will NEVER use anything else on my hair and don't know how I'd tame my curls without it. I noticed my fig oil was running low over the weekend......slight panic. Thanks for reminding me to order some more soon.

I slightly water mine down (works just as well and last so much longer) and always use less than their recommened amount of pumps. I always comb it through and leave it on as long as possible. It's just a trial and error type thing until I find what works best for my hair.

Have you tried the remoist mask?
Old 01-09-2012, 03:36 PM   #260  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I just ordered... I didn't an option to select a type. I think I got sweet almond.
Sweet Almond is their "general" formula that works on all hair types. I color my hair and my hair is typically dry and a bit frizzy, so the "fig" formula works best for me.

I have found the best place to purchase is QVC or Amazon.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:40 PM   #261  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Sweet Almond is their "general" formula that works on all hair types. I color my hair and my hair is typically dry and a bit frizzy, so the "fig" formula works best for me.

I have found the best place to purchase is QVC or Amazon.
I just saw it on amazon. I got the starter pack from their own website, and I got a starter kit, so we'll see how it goes.
Thanks for the information.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #262  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
In the shower I alternate between fig, lavender and tea tree (in the summer). This morning I had the wonderful pleasure of trying vanilla mint for the first time. Reminds me of the tea tree. On the counter, I have the corresponding oils that I use after I add a couple small squirts of either sweet almond or fig as a leave in. I will NEVER use anything else on my hair and don't know how I'd tame my curls without it. I noticed my fig oil was running low over the weekend......slight panic. Thanks for reminding me to order some more soon.

I slightly water mine down (works just as well and last so much longer) and always use less than their recommened amount of pumps. I always comb it through and leave it on as long as possible. It's just a trial and error type thing until I find what works best for my hair.

Have you tried the remoist mask?
I NEVER use the recommended amount either. I notice it takes me about 5 pumps to sufficiently coat my hair and have enough "lather" to let it sit as a deep conditioner while I wash up and shave. I then use (1) pump as a leave in conditioner.

My hair has never looked better in my whole life. I have naturally wavy hair that can go either straight or curly depending on how I style it. I prefer it straight with body. WEN makes my hair look so healthy, shiny and full. Geez, I sound like a spokesperson, but I promise you, I am not! I have used the mask, especially after a coloring session. It is an amazing deep conditioner.

My other "go-to" WEN product is the replenishing mist. Have you tried this? I do not "wash" my hair everyday, so this product comes in super handy for styling on days that I do not wash. My typical routine is to shower at night after working out and I rinse out my hair. I go to bed with wet hair and then need to style it the next day for work. I use the replenishing mist to "wet" my hair to prepare for styling. It works like a gem. It is also really awesome as a make-up "setter". I spray a couple of mists on my face after I apply my make-up and my make-up stays put all day- no smears, no rubbing off. It stays perfect all day.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:48 PM   #263  

Quote:
I just saw it on amazon. I got the starter pack from their own website, and I got a starter kit, so we'll see how it goes.
Thanks for the information.
That is what I did as well. Make sure you call them and cancel the "auto-ship". When you order it, they automatically sign you up. The pricing is way better at Amazon or QVC. Plus, you may want to try some other formulas to see what works best for you.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #264  
aka CAT

Quote:
If your ordered from the infomercial, sweet almond is your only choice. That's how I was first introduced to the product.

QVC usually has some nice pacakge deals....even a few samplers.

http://www.qvc.com/WEN-Beauty.catego...822+4294966535
Old 01-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #265  
aka CAT

Quote:
I NEVER use the recommended amount either. I notice it takes me about 5 pumps to sufficiently coat my hair and have enough "lather" to let it sit as a deep conditioner while I wash up and shave. I then use (1) pump as a leave in conditioner.

My hair has never looked better in my whole life. I have naturally wavy hair that can go either straight or curly depending on how I style it. I prefer it straight with body. WEN makes my hair look so healthy, shiny and full. Geez, I sound like a spokesperson, but I promise you, I am not! I have used the mask, especially after a coloring session. It is an amazing deep conditioner.

My other "go-to" WEN product is the replenishing mist. Have you tried this? I do not "wash" my hair everyday, so this product comes in super handy for styling on days that I do not wash. My typical routine is to shower at night after working out and I rinse out my hair. I go to bed with wet hair and then need to style it the next day for work. I use the replenishing mist to "wet" my hair to prepare for styling. It works like a gem. It is also really awesome as a make-up "setter". I spray a couple of mists on my face after I apply my make-up and my make-up stays put all day- no smears, no rubbing off. It stays perfect all day.
I like the replenshing mist on my face but not so much on my hair. Due to my curls, I shower and "do" my hair in the mornings. I never run a brush through my hair....it is "finger-styled" and then left alone.

I sound like a spokesperson too......but it's worth spreading the word.

OMG....have you shaved your legs with it yet????? Perfection!
Old 01-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #266  

S/C/G: 182.6/142.8/135

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
Wildflower- I don't envy you your predicament. Being pregnant and trying to watch your weight is incredibly difficult. Near as I can tell you'll probably have to forgo a free day as you will not be able to balance it with a phase 1 day. Probably will have to follow maintenance style eating with the odd indulgence and keep up with exercise as that is what will help the most. Pre natal yoga and swimming are both pretty good...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinedat47 View Post
I missed something! Are you pregnant wildflower? Or were you just talking about the stretch marks you developed during a past pregnancy?
Right what she said not yet…
Yeah I'm nervous about the whole thing. I think I will do just that. Maintenance with the extra needed for pregnancy and then occasionally splurge while carefully watching…will keep you all posted! Unless of course I get pregnant and become horribly overweight then well I'll see ya'll back on phase 1 after I'm done nursing haha!

Quote:
I love the quote... and you have such a great attitude.

I finally feel like I am back in the zone. I think December was a train-wreck of a month. I had a few 1.5 cheat day weeks, when I would start eating what I wanted on a Friday night and then continue the fun into Saturday. I did this once early in the month for my company holiday party (and the food wasn't even worth it), then Christmas Eve. I started getting things back under control around New Year's, but still thought that I deserved at least half a cheat day, even if I was outside my goal range.

I don't quite know what happened to my strict rules about when/if I got a cheat day. Anyway, I skipped my cheat day this Saturday (watched people eat pizza and bday cake at a kid's bday party), and I'm happy to report that I lost 4 lbs this week and am back at 148 (goal range 145 - 150).

I feel so much better now that I'm back in control and back in my weight range. I think I needed to go through that to see what it felt like mentally. I didn't feel my clothes get too tight, although they were a little tighter - especially jeans out of the dryer.

Here are my reflections.

It was important for me to feel slightly out of control. I was part of the lessons of life of maintenance. Looking back, I was stressed for several weeks, but somehow kept allowing myself the exceptions to the rules that I had set up. The guilt made it worse, not better. The food was not comforting, and I really didn't like the end result.

I kept flip-flopping about what to do in January. I think part of my mental issue is that I was considering going on strict Phase 1 in order to lose another 10lbs and get down to 135. I know that I would lose the remainder of the tummy/leg flab if I did that. I think I was secretly lashing out against myself all of December because of that decision looming over me. Well, here is what I've decided to do.

I think that I will aim to get back to my real goal weight of 145 before I make any more decisions. I haven't been there for over a month now. Then I can decide if I want to go to 140... I am not planning strict phase 1, but might introduce more phase 1 days during the week. I really like my phase 3 breakfasts, and I don't see the need to deprive myself of that if I am still within my goal range. Of course, I could change my mind tomorrow and decide to something totally different.

I hope everyone else is doing well. If there is one thing that I really learned over the past month. This program REALLY does work. It's only been since I strayed from the guidelines that I had any problems at all. The first two months of maintenance, I did exactly what the program called for and I was NEVER outside my range.

Thanks for listening to me ramble.
Wow, I just really feel like I could have written this. It is exactly how I felt and acted in the last few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Good morning all! I just remembered the challenge starts today over at Fatsecret. I have been eating and binging for 4 days and the scale shows it. I hopped on it this morning after getting dressed as I forgot to earlier and I was up 7 pounds since last Wed.! I am going to do an all liquid day with 4 protein drinks to get my body used to this again. I really have to learn maintenance properly! Part of my problem is the mental game I play with myself that I need to learn to eat without buying IP products (or alternatives) for the rest of my life!! ugh. I am going to do this.

Thanks for your support and encouragement. It is nice to know I am not alone.

PS. I was over at FAtsecret and recorded my starting weight. It says the challenge starts in 16 hours so I assume we record how we did AFTER this first day. I have to get used to that site!
I would absolutely love to do this challenge, can anyone invite me? I have the same user name there.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:23 PM   #267  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower613 View Post
Right what she said not yet…
Yeah I'm nervous about the whole thing. I think I will do just that. Maintenance with the extra needed for pregnancy and then occasionally splurge while carefully watching…will keep you all posted! Unless of course I get pregnant and become horribly overweight then well I'll see ya'll back on phase 1 after I'm done nursing haha!
Honestly, Wildflower, you don't have to gain a ton of weight when you're pregnant and not everyone does anymore. I probably ate more healthily when I was pregnant with my son than ever; have NEVER been healthier in my life; gained just under 20 pounds AND had a 7 lb 14 oz beautifully-proportioned baby. What to watch is when you stop nursing. Being able to eat up to a 1,000 calories more than normal is lovely until you realize that can't go on forever. Just thought I'd try to give another perspective.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:50 PM   #268  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

pxlkitty - you said it... I think my mind is having a little hissy fit as it so wants to eat whatever it wants... been doing phase 1 for a few days, so much tougher, and my scale isn't helping not losing so another hissy fit in progress... okay so I cheated with some half/half but I do use mostly skim milk or now that I found it soy creamer for my coffee... that I am cutting way back, as my keurig has become a habit and I have way too many cups at night... the morning I have tea but the afternoon/evenings I come back from my walk and am cold first thing I do is brew a cup and then start dinner and have another cup afterwards...

Ladies I have seen the WEN advertisements but will have to do some research on where to buy in canada. Don't like paying duty and taxes and shipping unless really have to. Really need something as my hair is kind of frizzy and nothing seems to help lately.

I am hoping to do the reset and then get back to the business of maintenance... would like to get to my goal weight but didn't happen in phase 1 the first time soooo am not really expecting much.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:03 PM   #269  

S/C/G: 182.6/142.8/135

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Honestly, Wildflower, you don't have to gain a ton of weight when you're pregnant and not everyone does anymore. I probably ate more healthily when I was pregnant with my son than ever; have NEVER been healthier in my life; gained just under 20 pounds AND had a 7 lb 14 oz beautifully-proportioned baby. What to watch is when you stop nursing. Being able to eat up to a 1,000 calories more than normal is lovely until you realize that can't go on forever. Just thought I'd try to give another perspective.
I know, I'm going to do my very best and thanks to ideal protein teaching me how to eat it will be so much easier this time around. I guess I just feel a loss of being in control knowing I can't just jump on phase 1 at any time. I just have to accept that I will gain some weight and know that I have the tools to lose it after.

haha I dread stopping nursing that is when it allll went downhill for me last time. Good incentive to do it longer though!
Old 01-09-2012, 05:12 PM   #270  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Wow you look amazing in your new picture!
Thanks Darbs, I miss you, how are you doing?
Closed Thread