Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #286  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi there everyone. Sounds like we are all in the same boat. I sort of feel like I did once I started to cheat and not follow a strict eating plan when I lost weight on weight watchers. I am having a heck of a time having a pure phase 1 day- at the end of the day is my problem when the cheese and nuts start screamimg my name from the kitchen. Need to quit buying them- am up to ~ 165 due to holiday gorging. I have decided to get to 150. So here is to a 100% phase 1 on plan day! We can do it! Drink water drink water drink water drink water- my mantra for the day
Old 01-11-2012, 12:00 PM   #287  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

mine too.

Okay ladies, Lynn, Linden maybe you have the answer to this one. Does anyone add chia to their drinks or yogurt? and do you like it better than flax. One of the ladies here gave me a sample, she says it fills her up when she adds it to her drink. Just wondering... has 60 cal per 2 level tablespoons, fat 5 g, saturated .5 omega 6 1g, omega 3 3g, sodium 3mg, carbs 6g fibre 5g sugar 0g, protein 3g...
Old 01-11-2012, 12:42 PM   #288  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
mine too.

Okay ladies, Lynn, Linden maybe you have the answer to this one. Does anyone add chia to their drinks or yogurt? and do you like it better than flax. One of the ladies here gave me a sample, she says it fills her up when she adds it to her drink. Just wondering... has 60 cal per 2 level tablespoons, fat 5 g, saturated .5 omega 6 1g, omega 3 3g, sodium 3mg, carbs 6g fibre 5g sugar 0g, protein 3g...
I don't but I do add it to the stuff I bake for the family on the rare occasions I bake these days. If I have extra calories and carbs to spare, equally rare, I prefer to have a tablespoon of organic unsweetened cocoa powder. 12 cal, 1.06 protein, 3.13 carbs, .74 fat, .09 sugar, and 1.8 fiber. Fatty acids: .436 saturated fat, .247 MUFAs, .024 polyunsaturated, no omegas, but all the amino acids. Plus stevia plus hot water. Nice.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:15 PM   #289  

Went to my IP coach this morning and weighed in at 157! I am happy to report Ilost 6 of the 7 pounds I gained on my 4 day binge! Boy , having some phase 1 days really helps!!! I am also doing water aerobics so maybe that helped too!
Old 01-11-2012, 03:32 PM   #290  
start IP Feb 8 2011

good for you keep it up.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #291  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinedat47 View Post
Hi there everyone. Sounds like we are all in the same boat. I sort of feel like I did once I started to cheat and not follow a strict eating plan when I lost weight on weight watchers. I am having a heck of a time having a pure phase 1 day- at the end of the day is my problem when the cheese and nuts start screamimg my name from the kitchen. Need to quit buying them- am up to ~ 165 due to holiday gorging. I have decided to get to 150. So here is to a 100% phase 1 on plan day! We can do it! Drink water drink water drink water drink water- my mantra for the day
Boy, I am right there with you!! I do great all day long and in the evening, I cave. I know I'm just tired and I would go to bed if I could but still caring for Dad (Turned 90 on Sunday!!) so I have to stay up. Definitely the hardest time for me.

Quote:
mine too.

Joanne,

Not sure if you mean me but I haven't ever used chia. Not even sure what it is. All I can think of is "Chia Pet".

Lynn
Old 01-11-2012, 03:44 PM   #292  
start IP Feb 8 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolberger View Post
Boy, I am right there with you!! I do great all day long and in the evening, I cave. I know I'm just tired and I would go to bed if I could but still caring for Dad (Turned 90 on Sunday!!) so I have to stay up. Definitely the hardest time for me.

Joanne,

Not sure if you mean me but I haven't ever used chia. Not even sure what it is. All I can think of is "Chia Pet".

Lynn
Yes it was you, I thought I would drag you out of hiding with a question... hee hee... that is exactly what it is or so that is what the lady gave me a little bit of it said... it helps fill you up apparently as it expands... but still has calories so am going to watch it when I use it...

It is hard time for you take care.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:48 PM   #293  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Ugh. I am having a he** of a time convincing myself to stay on P1 for this reboot. I have 2.5 phase 1 days under my belt and I am sitting well within my window (132-134) and I can't seem to talk myself into staying with P1.

I am second guessing my "need" to get to 125. Sure it would be great to lose a few more vanity pounds, but man, I just can't seem to do a 100% P1 day and I can't seem to convince myself as to why I should.

My head is just not in the game right now. I am going to try to at least get through the rest of today and then make a decision tomorrow. I just don't know... All of my holiday weight is gone and I think that could be why I am struggling. And other than "because I want to", there really isn't a reason for me to lose any more. I think that this is what is messing with my head.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:56 PM   #294  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Went to my IP coach this morning and weighed in at 157! I am happy to report Ilost 6 of the 7 pounds I gained on my 4 day binge! Boy , having some phase 1 days really helps!!! I am also doing water aerobics so maybe that helped too!
Way to go! I've been in the 158s the past few days and wanted to be 155 by tomorrow. Not going to happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Ugh. I am having a he** of a time convincing myself to stay on P1 for this reboot. I have 2.5 phase 1 days under my belt and I am sitting well within my window (132-134) and I can't seem to talk myself into staying with P1.

I am second guessing my "need" to get to 125. Sure it would be great to lose a few more vanity pounds, but man, I just can't seem to do a 100% P1 day and I can't seem to convince myself as to why I should.

My head is just not in the game right now. I am going to try to at least get through the rest of today and then make a decision tomorrow. I just don't know... All of my holiday weight is gone and I think that could be why I am struggling. And other than "because I want to", there really isn't a reason for me to lose any more. I think that this is what is messing with my head.
If you are comfortable AND happy where you are, I'd say just go back to where you were. You aren't a horrible eater in the first place. I am comfortable where I am for the most part but not the least bit happy, that is why I am continuing on. Good luck with your decision.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:57 PM   #295  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Jenny~ Why don't you try phase 2?... maybe you just need some "real" protein. I am sure you still lost well with that phase. and maybe that's all you need is a week or two to get down to 125. (Heck, in phase 3 I lost an additional 2 lbs.) That way you have some extra room if you gain a couple LBs and never HAVE to feel like you need to do Phase 1 ever again. With the way you work out too, I bet you will get to 125 maintaining hardly even thinking about it!

Last edited by leganegan; 01-11-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:02 PM   #296  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post

I could be wrong, and lord knows I've been there again and again, but I thought the reason for the January reboot was to reset the pancreas, not to lose weight. The reason I say this is because in many ways the whole program seems to be about the pancreas, insulin, etc. I think. I think? This is NOT criticism or anything even closely related. The reason I ask questions is because I want to know. I TRULY want to know what you all think.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #297  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Linden- maybe you are right. I think maybe someone might have mentioned reading that??? If anyone could chime in, it would sure be helpful.

Right now I am just taking it one meal at a time. Legan- I didn't really lose on anything other than P1, so for me, weight loss is strictly P1. I am also doing the reboot with alternatives (I am pretty sure a lot of us are) and they just don't taste as good as IP.

Anyway, I am off to the gym to try and get my head in a better place. I always feel so much better after a good sweat! Hopefully I can turn my mind around and get mentally into the game with this reboot.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:55 PM   #298  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Was it meant to be a January reboot or a once a year reboot?
I don't know the reasoning behind this either. But I'm wondering if it is supposed to be done so soon after you have lost the weight and have gone through the phases? If it is to reset the pancreas wouldn't it make sense to do it later as your pancreas should be chugging along pretty reasonably already?
Obviously I am not baseing this on any medical knowledge but just wondering.

Last edited by patns; 01-11-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:29 PM   #299  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

I read also that the reboot was to reset the pancreas.

I am having a down day. My boss walks by and says. " You can stop losing now. You are thin enough." So what I really wanted to say was: You have overstepped your bounds. You have no right telling me what I should weigh."
I am ticked. I seriously am going to take a copy of my BMI healthy index in and show it to him tomorrow. I am going to tell him that I would like his support as I stay healthy.( and not his criticism)
Then to top it off my husband drops out that he is not sure that he likes me at this weight. He thinks I might be too thin as " I am big boned." It is those size 6 pants that actually fit me. So now I am not happy with my husband either. He has supported me all of these months, but is not sure about the current slender me. Plus I hate the big boned comment. Why can't you be thin and be big boned?
So action plan for my husband is to show him my healthy BMI index as well as remind him that my Dr., my family, my children, my friends, my gym coach, and my IP coach all think I look great.
Thanks for letting me vent.

Last edited by Maile; 01-11-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:15 PM   #300  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Thanks Darbs, I miss you, how are you doing?
Hey miss all of you too. I have been okay....finding maintenance difficult. I beat myself up constantly. I wish I could just be satisfied. I make it through 3-4 days of perfect phase 1 and then I blow it. I am up about 5 pounds, but my size 8's fit wonderfully still. Maybe I just need to relax.
Closed Thread