Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 08:03 PM   #301  

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenda1980 View Post
My coach told me that if I had either constipation OR diarreaha that I should invest in the enzymes supplement. Not sure that helps, but if she is not already taking the enzymes I would start there. Tell her to stay hydrated, too! If she's losing everything out of her system that's super important for her health.
Thanks! I shared the info with her. She does not take IP vitamins because she takes Usana vitamins. She thinks they have enzymes but she may want to check again. She is almost to her 20 lb goal.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:07 PM   #302  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
What's everyone having for dinner tonight?? I'm having sweet & sour meatballs again because they're delicious. Tomorrow night I'm having Taco Lettuce cups...

Just thought we could share dinner ideas and maybe get some new I hadn't thought of!
how do you make the meatballs?
Old 02-16-2010, 08:09 PM   #303  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
What's everyone having for dinner tonight?? I'm having sweet & sour meatballs again because they're delicious. Tomorrow night I'm having Taco Lettuce cups...

Just thought we could share dinner ideas and maybe get some new I hadn't thought of!
I had my leftover turkey meatball stuffed jalapeno's. I think I cooked them too long, they were kind of dry but I put some worcestire sauce on them tonight and they were good. I saved my vegetable allowance for dessert and had the zuchinni recipe with some apple pie spice and splenda on it. I cooked it in the microwave, I think I should have added a little bit of water and I left the peels on. They were different, I will probably try them again.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:14 PM   #304  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffymama View Post
NO!! If anything it has been the other way around. I have to take milk of magnesia almost everyday just to keep things moving! Can't even imagine what she is going through!
I am with you fluffymama, I take the calcium citrate and the enzymes. I feel for her.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:35 PM   #305  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffymama View Post
how do you make the meatballs?
Turkey Meatballs - or beef or chicken...whatever

1 lb ground turkey
2 Egg Whites
1/4 c dried parsley
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp onion powder
1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
3/4 c grated zucchini
3/4 c grated cauliflower
1/2 c finely chopped mushrooms or spinach

Mix ingredients together, make into balls. Place on non stick baking sheet & bake at 425 for 20 mins.

Or: brown off for 15 mins and keep in freezer for quick meals

Then I just throw some green peppers in to a skillet, saute, pour on the sweet & sour sauce and place the already cooked meatballs down in to the sauce for a minute or two and serve. (I like to pre-cook the meatballs in the oven because they get more browned, and stay together better than if you throw them in a crockpot with sauce IMHO)

Sweet & Sour Recipe:

1/2 Tbsp Worchester
1/4 c Vinegar
1/2 c Water
3 Tbsp Splenda
1/2 C Homemade Ketchup Recipe (Or other low carb sugar free ketchup)
1 tsp Onion Powder

Mix all ingredients together
Old 02-16-2010, 08:45 PM   #306  

Week 11 weigh-in this morning...down 8.4lbs from last week..YAHOO!!

Last week I went up .4# and was frustrated but not going to give up, and look what happened.

I have read all the posts from Monday and wanted to comment to those who are rducing their packets to 2 a day; I hope you are adding in the equivalent calories/protein in another way. If you are not careful, your body may begin to think you are starving it and it will hold on for dear life to what ever amount of weight you are trying to lose. Just be careful!
Old 02-16-2010, 09:11 PM   #307  

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post

Last week I went up .4# and was frustrated but not going to give up, and look what happened.

I have read all the posts from Monday and wanted to comment to those who are rducing their packets to 2 a day; I hope you are adding in the equivalent calories/protein in another way. If you are not careful, your body may begin to think you are starving it and it will hold on for dear life to what ever amount of weight you are trying to lose. Just be careful!
WOOHOO! ! Great Job! That is a terrific loss. Thanks for backing me up on the 2 packet things. I always worry about what we do to our metabolism when we diet.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:22 PM   #308  

Default Weekly weigh in

I was thinking I was going to have another 1 lb loss week. I went down 3.6 lbs so I was pleased. I don't know if I will ever see a 5 lb loss again but I like 3 lbs a week gone.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:25 PM   #309  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
I was thinking I was going to have another 1 lb loss week. I went down 3.6 lbs so I was pleased. I don't know if I will ever see a 5 lb loss again but I like 3 lbs a week gone.
Congratulations on the 3.6 lbs Bluemermaid!! That's Fantastic
Old 02-16-2010, 09:26 PM   #310  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
WOOHOO! ! Great Job! That is a terrific loss. Thanks for backing me up on the 2 packet things. I always worry about what we do to our metabolism when we diet.
Thanks!

The two packet issue is interesting, I was just having that conversation with my coach this morning. She was gone last week when I had my slow week and asked how things went this week. I told her I felt like I needed another packet and so most days I increased it to 4. There were a couple of 3 days, just depended on what I felt my body needed. She said that was a good plan for now and then mentioned how she has had clients who come in and say they can't figure out why they aren't losing when they are only having 2 packs a day. She said the body needs fuel to work and burn efficiently and when we restrict it too much it rebels. Just found it interesting that it coincided with the most recent topics here.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:26 PM   #311  

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post
woohoo congrats on the loss want2run...way to persevere through your hard week!!
Old 02-16-2010, 09:27 PM   #312  

Congrats on e3.6# BlueMermaid
Old 02-16-2010, 09:33 PM   #313  

S/C/G: 177/174.4/145

Height: 5'9"

Default New to IP

Good evening!

I will be starting IP on Thursday and am very anxious and excited after reading some of your posts. I've been battling my weight for almost 2 years, since having my beautiful little girl. I gained 65 pounds while pregnant and have had a terrible time losing it! I look forward to sharing this journey with you all!
Old 02-16-2010, 09:44 PM   #314  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmasMommy View Post
Good evening!

I will be starting IP on Thursday and am very anxious and excited after reading some of your posts. I've been battling my weight for almost 2 years, since having my beautiful little girl. I gained 65 pounds while pregnant and have had a terrible time losing it! I look forward to sharing this journey with you all!
This will be the diet you are looking for. The convenience will really help since you have a little girl to chase after. Welcome to the journey. You will be amazed how quickly the weight comes off as long as you stick to the plan. Here is a good luck charm!
Old 02-16-2010, 09:52 PM   #315  
Started Ip on 12/19/09

S/C/G: 189/148/130

Height: 5'5"

We had meatballs for dinner.
Tomorrow is a roast in the crock pot. Thursday is Salmon and roasted asparagus. We had the tacos last night. Very good.
Closed Thread