Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 12:35 PM   #271  

S/C/G: 191.5/170/140

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Congrantulations to everyone who lost pounds this week!
Old 02-16-2010, 12:35 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 208.4/195.8/140

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone! I am on day 1 of IP and doing okay so far. However, the chicken soup is not working for me! I can't eat it...

What options do I have to make it into a more palatable meal for lunch time? I don't want to waste the packets, but I can't eat it like a regular bowl of soup! I have looked at some of the recipes, but they all seem to be dinner options. I could probably handle it like a gravy almost, but I wanted to see what things you folks might suggest.

I think I am going to plan to just do the drinks for now, until I can have the restricted packets.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:51 PM   #273  
Brenda1980

S/C/G: 164/139/130

Height: 5'6"

Had my first weigh-in yesterday. 5lbs 2oz in my first week. I am happy with that! I'd love to only have to do this strict regiment for 3-4 weeks. Although, I am not hungry anymore. I keep having to remind myself to have my third protein. The only thing I miss right now is the social aspect of eating and not having to be so picky when ordering off a menu or going to visit with friends when a meal is involved. GOOOOOOOO, Ideal Protein Ladies!!!
Old 02-16-2010, 12:59 PM   #274  
Brenda1980

Default Other option- Muscle Milk +

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
From wendylou: We have a lot of medical bills and other bills. So I do not have the $$ to do the real IP diet. I have been trying to follow the information that is on this site and do this by myself. I have been drinking EAS EDGE shakes from Walmart $4.22 for a 4 pack. Eating my 4 cups of veggies, and protein at dinner. I have to admit that I feel great I am losing a little bit slower then all of you awesome IPers. I have lost 19.6 pounds since January 5th. I have to do this diet for myself; I finally realized that I have to think of myself too.

Hi, wendylou. Great job on losing 19.6 pounds in 6 weeks! I started my diet on Jan. 5 as well, and I have only lost 20.8 pounds in the same amount of time using IP products. I really think as long as it's high-quality, low-carb protein being used, it doesn't matter if it's from IP. It's still going to work. Just be sure to use some high-quality supplements that are comparable to IP's.
BevS- Costco is also selling a big container of Muscle Milk Chocolate Protein Plus that's about $30 for a whole bunch of servings. It has slightly more protein and slightly more calories (about 120 per serving) than the IP drinks. Otherwise, it is almost identical. It is whey and milk protein isolates and the PLUS variety only has 2g of carbs and no sugars. Once I am done with my main loss, I plan on using that instead of continuing on with the IP packets.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:03 PM   #275  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
From wendylou: We have a lot of medical bills and other bills. So I do not have the $$ to do the real IP diet. I have been trying to follow the information that is on this site and do this by myself. I have been drinking EAS EDGE shakes from Walmart $4.22 for a 4 pack. Eating my 4 cups of veggies, and protein at dinner. I have to admit that I feel great I am losing a little bit slower then all of you awesome IPers. I have lost 19.6 pounds since January 5th. I have to do this diet for myself; I finally realized that I have to think of myself too.

Hi, wendylou. Great job on losing 19.6 pounds in 6 weeks! I started my diet on Jan. 5 as well, and I have only lost 20.8 pounds in the same amount of time using IP products. I really think as long as it's high-quality, low-carb protein being used, it doesn't matter if it's from IP. It's still going to work. Just be sure to use some high-quality supplements that are comparable to IP's.
Thank you for the compliment, advice and support. I am taking high-quality supplements also. My starting weight was 176.8 and my goal weight is 125. I am also 5'3. So we are pretty close to the same. I am so excited to see such progress and my hubby see it also. Makes me feel good!
Old 02-16-2010, 01:05 PM   #276  
Failure is not an OPTION!

S/C/G: 276/187/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyva View Post
Hello everyone! I am on day 1 of IP and doing okay so far. However, the chicken soup is not working for me! I can't eat it...

What options do I have to make it into a more palatable meal for lunch time? I don't want to waste the packets, but I can't eat it like a regular bowl of soup! I have looked at some of the recipes, but they all seem to be dinner options. I could probably handle it like a gravy almost, but I wanted to see what things you folks might suggest.

I think I am going to plan to just do the drinks for now, until I can have the restricted packets.
I use broccoli and kale or spinach Plus garlic powder and sea salt.

Last edited by love1384; 02-16-2010 at 01:06 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:18 PM   #277  
dad

S/C/G: 244/178/174

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:

I agree with you on the chicken soup. Not very good by itself. I actually took an unopened box of chicken soup back and swapped it for something else.

But I still had 6 left from the opened box so I had to figure out something. What I do now is chop up into small pieces one cup's worth of some of my favorite veggies. Saute them in olive oil before adding them to the soup.

After I heat up the soup with the veggies added, I add sea salt and LOTS of black pepper. I absolutely love the chicken soup now. Will be ordering more for next month.

I've used different combinations of the following: zucchini, asparagus, mushroom, onion, green onion, green bell pepper, tomato, even green beans.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:39 PM   #278  

S/C/G: 270/222/195

Another week in the books and 5 more lbs gone, and feeling the inches melt away. Finding it hard to eat soup for lunch all the time, so I started to mix up my meals a little to see how that goes? Also got the Sea Salt and Vinegar Ridges this week. I like them since at one point in time i like to sit with a bag of chips so it kills that irgue. Good luck to everyone this week...
Old 02-16-2010, 01:40 PM   #279  

Hey Rachel - sure I'm always up for a competition When do you need to lose your 15 lbs by? I have a month to get off that 10 so I think it's do-able! I had originally set my goal at 25 lbs but Showgirlaz convinced me to up it to 35 and I'm glad she did because it's been keeping me motivated to stay strict and focused. (and who doesn't want to be 35 lbs lighter at their birthday!)
Old 02-16-2010, 01:46 PM   #280  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Height: 5'5"

ogdog12 you are not alone....I didn't have a great week either (weigh in today & didn't lose a pound but didn't gain either).
So this is wk 4 for me & I'm back on track again and motivated. My husband rotates his shifts at work every 2 wks from days to afternoons and I find it so much easier when he's on the 2 wks of afternoons. The last time he was on afternoons I lost 12 lbs...one week of him on days & I lose zilch but I know where I went wrong & I'm going to make up for last week this week!!
At my weigh in today I told them that I wasn't buying my products from them & driving to a nearby town so that I could buy them by the package instead of by the box....they were very supportive & had absolutely no problem with me doing this & still going in for my weigh-ins with them. I do occassionally buy a box here and there from my own clinic. Today I bought a bottle of the BBQ Sauce & Thousand Islands Dressing because I know last week I was over doing it with the olive oil. I was also drinking way to much coffee & tea (no sugar but using cream or 1% milk). I didn't do that on the first two wks. I also didn't read everything they gave me because I discovered today that the cal-mag's should be taken at the end of the day....I was taking them in the morning and they were giving me indigestion. My coach really didn't tell me much...just gave me the starter back & sent me on my way. I also have gluten intolerance & I'll have to try to not have both soup & pudding on the same day because I find that bothers me.
This is work in progress for sure...and I'm learning as I move forward but not giving up!!
Congratulations to everyone who has had another good week and to those that are struggling.....just take it one day at a time and remember your goal. If it takes a little longer getting there.....so what, the struggles we go through now will be learning lessons for us when we've reached our goal and go into maintenance!!

Last edited by skittlescda; 02-16-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:19 PM   #281  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenda1980 View Post
BevS- Costco is also selling a big container of Muscle Milk Chocolate Protein Plus that's about $30 for a whole bunch of servings. It has slightly more protein and slightly more calories (about 120 per serving) than the IP drinks. Otherwise, it is almost identical. It is whey and milk protein isolates and the PLUS variety only has 2g of carbs and no sugars. Once I am done with my main loss, I plan on using that instead of continuing on with the IP packets.
Thanks, Brenda, for the suggestion. My husband uses Now whey protein isolate, unflavored, and this morning I actually tried some for breakfast. The scoop is 6 tablespoons for 25 grams of protein. I used a 5 tablespoon scoop in 8 ounces of water to cut the protein to just under 21 grams. I added a shake of stevia for sweetener and a dollop of Walden Farms chocolate syrup for flavoring and shook it up in my shaker bottle. It tasted like chocolate milk to me. It had under 1 gram of carb. It lasted me until lunchtime. Oh, yeah, it had 88 calories in it. I think we have lots of alternatives that would keep us losing the weight without spending so much money. One serving cost me 58 cents plus whatever the stevia and chocolate syrup added.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:25 PM   #282  

Default Help

I have a friend that has been on the program as long as I have. That would be 5 weeks. The last few days everything she eats is going through her like water if you know what I mean. I told her I would check with you other IP'ers and see if you have experienced this or know what may be causing it. I am not sure if her coach is going to know.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:46 PM   #283  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

One of my favorites is the following - measure two cups of frozen broccoli/cauliflower (they're sold in the frozen section and are often called harvest vegetables) - steam/boil until well done - drain - removed from heat and mash with a potatoe masher - pour mixed chicken soup (use about 8 oz of water) over vegetables and reheat. Add salt, pepper - yummy. We are also allowed to use chicken broth (supposed to be low sodium kind but i don't understand why we would use low sodium and then add salt but oh well) so try using the broth instead of water.

Also - one thing i learned - try some vegetables and some packets that you didn't like in the beginning. i have found that my taste has changed and vegetables i didn't like before - i actually like now. same with the packets - some i like better now than i did in the beginning.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:54 PM   #284  
Brenda1980

Default Uh oh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
I have a friend that has been on the program as long as I have. That would be 5 weeks. The last few days everything she eats is going through her like water if you know what I mean. I told her I would check with you other IP'ers and see if you have experienced this or know what may be causing it. I am not sure if her coach is going to know.
My coach told me that if I had either constipation OR diarreaha that I should invest in the enzymes supplement. Not sure that helps, but if she is not already taking the enzymes I would start there. Tell her to stay hydrated, too! If she's losing everything out of her system that's super important for her health.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:49 PM   #285  
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

Quote:

Hi Smiley. Some people love the soups but my sister and I both gagged on them. She switched to only shakes, puddings and bars and lost 35 pounds without touching the rest of her packages.

I still continued with the other meals like chili and hearty stew. I needed something substantial, warm and tasty.

Just recently, I tried the mushroom soup again and it was alright. I will probably use it like a gravy instead of a meal.
Closed Thread