Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 03:21 PM   #196  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alihal View Post
I haven't lost a pants size yet either and I am also down 15lbs. I heard the middle is usually the last place it starts coming off . I'm sure it will catch up with us soon and then we won't know what to do because our pants don't fit, lol. I did notice the loss in my bra and I think my pants might have a little more room in them, but I can't wait for them to be at the falling off point!!! Great job with the weigh in I hope I have good news when I go Wednesday.
thanks so much! I'm sure your weigh in will be great! Will you be starting your forth or fifth week on Wed?
Old 02-15-2010, 03:24 PM   #197  

Quote:
Originally Posted by denialdoesntwork View Post
I made it through Valentines day unscathed....actually had my husband eat the same dinner I did- made him some rice but didn't touch it. He was amazed that you can actually eat well on the diet as well as use the packets. I think he is cautious because of course we have all failed on diets before so he is being very understanding.
It is terrific that your husband understands and sees that you are actually eating very healthy foods.

I think people hear the word diet and think you are starving. I know my mother thinks I am deprived but I keep telling her that I am eating healthier than she is. We have freinds at work that think they need to pity us but they just don't understand that we don't feel like we are starving to death. We are doing without certain foods for awhile and when we reach our goal we can have our favorite foods again on a limited basis. It will be about making good choices.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:24 PM   #198  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Thanks BlueMermaid! I have scanned the recipes (there are tons) and haven't found one for beef meatballs. What is throwing me off is the breadcrumbs. We can't have bread so I am confused on what to substitute that with. I'm new to the cooking thing. If anyone has a recipe at hand I would appreciate it. Thanks!
Old 02-15-2010, 03:30 PM   #199  

Default meatballs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
Thanks BlueMermaid! I have scanned the recipes (there are tons) and haven't found one for beef meatballs. What is throwing me off is the breadcrumbs. We can't have bread so I am confused on what to substitute that with. I'm new to the cooking thing. If anyone has a recipe at hand I would appreciate it. Thanks!
Wow Rachel, we are thinking alike. I actually just prepared my dinner for tonight. I love jalepeno's but you could just make the meatballs. I used ground turkey instead of hamburger and made some 2.5 oz meatballs and then stuffed half of them in a half of jalepeno. I have been wanting taco meat so I used the taco seasoning on page 33 of the recipe forum and the meat seemed to hold together well. I added some chopped green onion to the meat also. I can't wait to try it.

I read on here to use the salt and vinegar soy chips ground up fine to make your meatballs. Are you allowed the restricted items yet? You would want to account for the protein though.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:33 PM   #200  
IP Start Date 11/18/2009

S/C/G: 191/145/140

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylvieG View Post
Yes I did! Started wearing size 22 pants... now I wear size 9! My weightloss gets tougher and tougher... not as motivated as before and already feeling much better at this weight. If it can help some of you, these pictures were taken in july and december 2009... Not sure if I will post THE picture of me in a swimsuit with snow in the background when I reach goal as told in november!!
OMG - YOU LOOK WONDERFUL...Congratulations...

What a spokeperson for the Ideal Protien. Do you seem to be maintaining or still losing - but smaller numbers each week?

What phase are you doing? How many carbs?

Sorry for so many questions...

Again CONGRATS!
Old 02-15-2010, 03:46 PM   #201  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Hi, Tricia, I was told at my "educational workshop" that IP is not considered a high protein diet. It is an adequate protein diet. On IP I eat approximately 70 grams or less of protein per day, while a high-protein diet is considered about 1 gram per pound of body weight per day, which would be 165 grams of protein for me.
Bev S Thanks for correcting me. That is great news. I have met with the IP physician just once and still need to learn a lot about this program..I'm only at day 4. But I was worried about all the protein so I appreciate the clarification. 6 pounds lost so far!
Old 02-15-2010, 03:58 PM   #202  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylvieG View Post
Wow... Your weightlosses are terrific!! Keep on the good work!
I would really like to know your numbers from when you began like how much you lost during month one and months three, four, five. Did you exercise?
Congratulations on your success and enjoy Disney World!
(Whenever I try to diet for an occasion I fail miserably-- like I usually gain weight)== good luck to you in these few weeks. I admire your sucess.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:00 PM   #203  
Started IP Aug 4/09

S/C/G: 235/146/130 Healthy BMI=140

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagnomore View Post
Do you seem to be maintaining or still losing - but smaller numbers each week? What phase are you doing? How many carbs? Sorry for so many questions... Again CONGRATS!
Don't be sorry, we all started that way!

I am still losing... at least trying to! After ending the program in December by doing 1 1/2 week phase 2, 1 1/2 weeks phase 3 and trying to do maintenance (yeah... did not work out with the Holidays!) and gaining back 5 pounds only(!), I decided to reach a healthy BMI in 2010. So, on January 4, jumped right back in on Phase 1... but less motivated than the 1st time around and cheated sometimes a little, sometimes a lot on weekends... I know it has slowed down my weightloss but after a while, you miss some food products! I never counted how many carbs I eat each day... just trying to stick to the plan as all of you do!

In the "break", started going at the gym on my lunch break so that makes it different this time around. Added 1/2 an IP bar after workout to help the muscles to heal (and to get me to lunch!)

Hope it helps! The best way to lose at a steady state is not to cheat... believe me!!
Old 02-15-2010, 04:13 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 220/218/170

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffymama View Post
thanks so much! I'm sure your weigh in will be great! Will you be starting your forth or fifth week on Wed?
I will be starting my 5th week, it will be my 4th weigh in. But not sure if I am going to continue with their food, just too expensive so I may do a modified version and keep taking my vitamins and avoiding carbs. See how that goes for a week and play it by ear. Although if the scale shows a big loss I may not want to stray!!
Old 02-15-2010, 04:55 PM   #205  
dad

S/C/G: 244/178/174

Height: 5' 10"

Default Salad and vegetables

Can any of you IPers with good coaches clarify something for me?

The piece of paper I have that lists which foods are acceptable, which are restricted, which are prohibited and daily amounts just doesn't contain enough information for me.

1) Restricted vegetables. Items like tomato, green beans. The sheet says you can have these items twice per week after 15 days on the plan. What it doesn't say is how much of them. For example, if I decide to add tomato to my diet this week, how much do I add? 1 cup of tomato twice during the week? 1/2 cup trwice during the week? Can I have an 1/8 of a cup everyday? To me, twice a week seems arbitrary without specifiying an amount.

2) We're supposed to have 4 cups of select vegetable per day. Lettuce is unrestricted...as much as you need. But romaine is listed with the vegetables and counts toward the 4 cups. Are we supposed to eat 4 cups of veggies per day AND ALSO eat lettuce?

3) Exercise. There are 2 coaches at the clinic I'm using. One of them says no exercise. The other says I can exercise if I want to. Anyone have good information on the exercising? Are we told not to exercise because it could affect our weight loss or because it's not safe with our low caloric intake or ???

Sorry for the long post. I was getting very consistent weight loss for three weeks and have been stalled for about the past 3 days. The three things above are the only places I can think of that could have an affect.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Scott
Old 02-15-2010, 05:06 PM   #206  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad View Post
Can any of you IPers with good coaches clarify something for me?

The piece of paper I have that lists which foods are acceptable, which are restricted, which are prohibited and daily amounts just doesn't contain enough information for me.

1) Restricted vegetables. Items like tomato, green beans. The sheet says you can have these items twice per week after 15 days on the plan. What it doesn't say is how much of them. For example, if I decide to add tomato to my diet this week, how much do I add? 1 cup of tomato twice during the week? 1/2 cup trwice during the week? Can I have an 1/8 of a cup everyday? To me, twice a week seems arbitrary without specifiying an amount.

2) We're supposed to have 4 cups of select vegetable per day. Lettuce is unrestricted...as much as you need. But romaine is listed with the vegetables and counts toward the 4 cups. Are we supposed to eat 4 cups of veggies per day AND ALSO eat lettuce?

3) Exercise. There are 2 coaches at the clinic I'm using. One of them says no exercise. The other says I can exercise if I want to. Anyone have good information on the exercising? Are we told not to exercise because it could affect our weight loss or because it's not safe with our low caloric intake or ???

Sorry for the long post. I was getting very consistent weight loss for three weeks and have been stalled for about the past 3 days. The three things above are the only places I can think of that could have an affect.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Scott
According to my coach you can have up to 4 cups of occasional or restricted veggies per week (or 2 - 2 cup servings). She says you can split that up however you want. You can have half a cup of this and half a cup of that throughout the week just as long as it doesn't equal more than 4 cups over the course of the week.

Regarding lettuce - you must eat your 4 cups of veggies per day and you can have unlimited lettuce on top of that four cups of veggies. According to my coach, romaine is unlimited like any other lettuce is, and not counted as part of your 4 cups of veggies.

As far as exercise is concerned this is what I've heard: if you were already doing it, continue as you were but don't introduce anything new into your routine for at least a month until your body gets used to the diet. If you are going heavy on cardio it is recommended that you eat an extra IP package of food after you work out to refuel your muscles. Some people opt for a hard boiled egg instead. Most coaches recommend low impact non-cardio workouts such as weights etc as an exercise.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:08 PM   #207  
1/5/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
Wow Rachel, we are thinking alike. I actually just prepared my dinner for tonight. I love jalepeno's but you could just make the meatballs. I used ground turkey instead of hamburger and made some 2.5 oz meatballs and then stuffed half of them in a half of jalepeno. I have been wanting taco meat so I used the taco seasoning on page 33 of the recipe forum and the meat seemed to hold together well. I added some chopped green onion to the meat also. I can't wait to try it.

I read on here to use the salt and vinegar soy chips ground up fine to make your meatballs. Are you allowed the restricted items yet? You would want to account for the protein though.
I have been allowed the restricted since day 1, the clinic that I goto hasn't given me a real "coach" it's just a lady who weighs me every week and gives me my food. Fortunately, after discovering this blog I have learned that I should hold off on the restricted foods for a while to see maximum results. I really like your idea of using the taco seasoning! I have been craving tacos all week. I am really looking forward to dinner tonight. I never have been a big fan of peppers but I hope your meal tastes great! Let me know!
Old 02-15-2010, 05:14 PM   #208  
1/5/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by alihal View Post
I will be starting my 5th week, it will be my 4th weigh in. But not sure if I am going to continue with their food, just too expensive so I may do a modified version and keep taking my vitamins and avoiding carbs. See how that goes for a week and play it by ear. Although if the scale shows a big loss I may not want to stray!!
If cost is getting to you, you should check out Lindora products. I drink the IP Pre-made Chocolate drink twice a day. I found a product that is almost identical except there is 10 extra calories in the Lindora. I bought 2 weeks worth and spent $93 with shipping where I would have spent $128 on 2 weeks worth on IP food. Just a consideration
Old 02-15-2010, 05:14 PM   #209  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
I have been allowed the restricted since day 1, the clinic that I goto hasn't given me a real "coach" it's just a lady who weighs me every week and gives me my food. Fortunately, after discovering this blog I have learned that I should hold off on the restricted foods for a while to see maximum results. I really like your idea of using the taco seasoning! I have been craving tacos all week. I am really looking forward to dinner tonight. I never have been a big fan of peppers but I hope your meal tastes great! Let me know!
The taco seasoning works great to make taco's out using romaine lettuce as the taco shell. I also use it to season turkey burgers etc...it really helps when I'm craving tacos which are one of my favorites!!
Old 02-15-2010, 05:15 PM   #210  
dad

S/C/G: 244/178/174

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
According to my coach you can have up to 4 cups of occasional or restricted veggies per week (or 2 - 2 cup servings). She says you can split that up however you want. You can have half a cup of this and half a cup of that throughout the week just as long as it doesn't equal more than 4 cups over the course of the week.

Regarding lettuce - you must eat your 4 cups of veggies per day and you can have unlimited lettuce on top of that four cups of veggies. According to my coach, romaine is unlimited like any other lettuce is, and not counted as part of your 4 cups of veggies.

As far as exercise is concerned this is what I've heard: if you were already doing it, continue as you were but don't introduce anything new into your routine for at least a month until your body gets used to the diet. If you are going heavy on cardio it is recommended that you eat an extra IP package of food after you work out to refuel your muscles. Some people opt for a hard boiled egg instead. Most coaches recommend low impact non-cardio workouts such as weights etc as an exercise.

Thanks, Jordana.

Wow, your coach is a lot more informative than mine!

Thanks for the info regarding restricted vegetable quantities. Very helpful.

Good to know on the romaine. I had 2 cups of romaine twice this week and counted it as vegetables, which means I shorted myself 4 cups of vegetables.

I think I'm going to start doing some resistance training. I figure if I can add a little muscle as I go, that additional can muscle can help burn more calories (and fat) along the way, increasing my metabolism.

Thanks again,

Scott
Closed Thread