Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 09:22 AM   #256  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffymama View Post
my coach told me that you should eat the third packet about 1 hr. before bed that way it is continuing to help your body burn fat during sleeping hours. Otherwise your body will burn muscle...which we dont want to happen
Yesterday I had the beef stew at lunch with salad of course and fish and cauliflower for dinner. The boxed vanilla drink for breakfast. Around 10:30pm I realized I hadn't had the 3rd package and was torn about whether to skip it. This happened Valentine's night when I was afraid I had too much steak at dinner and wondered if I should pass on the 3rd then too. But both times I followed the rules and had them. I have lost 7 pounds after completing 4 days of dieting (need to lose at least 50 total) so I believe you are right. My doctor said something similar-- you want your body to burn protein at night.

I couldn't eat those Valentine chocolates so I did the next best thing-- I bought a lot to give to other people as gifts!
Some are in the house and I'm not even tempted. What a great diet. (All will be gone by tomorrow-- let's not tempt fate too much...)
Old 02-16-2010, 09:24 AM   #257  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alihal View Post
Not sure if anyone has a Sam's Club by them, but my Mom made a great find this weekend. They have the premade shakes, almost identical to IP, they are 3oz bigger and have 2g more protein and 20 cal more but she bought 24 for $27!!! That is a HUGE difference from the 6 for $27, if need be I will just let a little bit go to waste. Just wanted to pass this on to everyone, I am starting to feel the purse strings get tight with this diet. I am going to go to BJ's tonight and check there since that is closer to me, but those place's usually all have the same stuff. If not I guess I will be asking my Mom to pick some up for me, lol.
What is the name of the shake and what does it taste like?
Old 02-16-2010, 09:36 AM   #258  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

torchlaker- I will be interested to hear how you do after goal- congratulations that you are so close. Maintaining is so much harder than losing for me, though both aren't easy. I hope this IS a plan we can sustain once we eat fruit again.
Just a comment on the bars at night. I was told that you should avoid any restricted items as your last protein at night. I am restricted to one per day and none at night.(I'm in my first week.)
I am learning from all of you -- and it seems we don't all
have the same rules for this program.
Congratulations again!
Old 02-16-2010, 09:43 AM   #259  
Failure is not an OPTION!

S/C/G: 276/187/145

Height: 5'6

hello All, i have been on the IP diet for three days now. I have been working out *secretly* even though its been suggested not too. I just try and keep my heart rate down. HOwever, i have been one to work out RATHER INTENSELY Before (4hrs/daily). Do you think this will affect my weight loss results.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:10 AM   #260  

Default Hello everyone!

First I would like to say that I have been on this forum since January. I have not posting anything yet, I have been coming here to keep me motivated just by reading all of the awesome success.

I would like to tell you a little bit about myself. I have been married for 15 years and have two beautiful children with medical problems. My son has had severe food allergies since he was 1 and is now 8. My daughter was born with a bad heart and Pfeiffer Syndrome. She has had many many operations since birth including a heart transplant. She is now 5. With this being said I have always put my kids first before myself. I have let myself go down the dumps.

We have a lot of medical bills and other bills. So I do not have the $$ to do the real IP diet. I have been trying to follow the information that is on this site and do this by myself. I have been drinking EAS EDGE shakes from Walmart $4.22 for a 4 pack. Eating my 4 cups of veggies, and protein at dinner. I have to admit that I feel great I am losing a little bit slower then all of you awesome IPers. I have lost 19.6 pounds since January 5th. I have to do this diet for myself; I finally realized that I have to think of myself too.

Anyway I just wanted to say Hi to all of you and I want to thank each and every one of you for the courage and the awesome information to keep me going. Each and everyone of your sucess stories are amazing. You are my hero's!!

Week -1 6.6
Week -2 4
Week -3 3.2
Week -4 1
Week -5 2.4
Week -6 2.4
Total so far 19.6
Old 02-16-2010, 10:31 AM   #261  

S/C/G: 220/218/170

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post
What is the name of the shake and what does it taste like?
EAS edge, my mom said it tastes the same as IP's. She had the chocolate, I am going to look for the vanilla tonight I think....I will let you know if it is good.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:41 AM   #262  

S/C/G: 220/218/170

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendylou View Post
First I would like to say that I have been on this forum since January. I have not posting anything yet, I have been coming here to keep me motivated just by reading all of the awesome success.

I would like to tell you a little bit about myself. I have been married for 15 years and have two beautiful children with medical problems. My son has had severe food allergies since he was 1 and is now 8. My daughter was born with a bad heart and Pfeiffer Syndrome. She has had many many operations since birth including a heart transplant. She is now 5. With this being said I have always put my kids first before myself. I have let myself go down the dumps.

We have a lot of medical bills and other bills. So I do not have the $$ to do the real IP diet. I have been trying to follow the information that is on this site and do this by myself. I have been drinking EAS EDGE shakes from Walmart $4.22 for a 4 pack. Eating my 4 cups of veggies, and protein at dinner. I have to admit that I feel great I am losing a little bit slower then all of you awesome IPers. I have lost 19.6 pounds since January 5th. I have to do this diet for myself; I finally realized that I have to think of myself too.

Anyway I just wanted to say Hi to all of you and I want to thank each and every one of you for the courage and the awesome information to keep me going. Each and everyone of your sucess stories are amazing. You are my hero's!!

Week -1 6.6
Week -2 4
Week -3 3.2
Week -4 1
Week -5 2.4
Week -6 2.4
Total so far 19.6
Awesome job on the weight loss!! 19.6 lbs in 6 weeks is great! My mom had just found the same shakes you mentioned at Sam's, I didn't know Walmart has them. I will have to stop and see if they have them in the one by me. Welcome to 3FC's, keep us posted on how you do and what you are doing to lose the weight. I am planning to come off IP because it is so expensive so any tips that are working for you are appreciated.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:02 AM   #263  
Kar

S/C/G: 180/180/125

Height: 5'3"

Morning everyone. I'm way behind on posts, really need to catch up, but I just wanted write in with my weigh in last night. I'm starting out at 180.3 and today is my first day of the program! I'm excited and can't wait for next Monday to weigh in again!
Old 02-16-2010, 11:07 AM   #264  

Welcome all you newbies! Stick to the plan and you will lose weight. I've gone astray over the xmas and new year holiday and getting back on has been tough. I blew it this weekend with pizza and wine but am back on today, strong and clear!! Regarding using cheaper products, if you are comparing apples to apples and they are the same/similar ingredients, I see no reason why not to buy the cheaper. The goal is to lose weight, and then to learn to maintain the weight after we lose. If you understand this diet, how it works and follow that goal, I don't see any harm. I, for example, and not paying $4 a packet for an herbed omelet. I can get the same calories, protein and carbs from eating a cup of egg whites with my own herbs. So I am down to 2 packets of IP protein per day. I agree with Birman in using protein powder. I bought some from Netrition that was on sale and it is yummy. Given I mix it with a little bit of ff chocolate pudding which ups the carbs a little, but doesn't effect ketosis. Again, if you are adhering to the PRINCIPLES of the diet, what does it matter where you are getting your products from (as long as they are the same/similar)??!! I know there are those out there who will disagree with us, that IP has to be all IP. Well, we live in a world of choices and some of us just need the cheaper choices that still work. Given all of that, the other cheaper choices don't have the butterscotch pudding (I make it into a shake) and that is my ultimate fav!!
Old 02-16-2010, 11:26 AM   #265  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Hello everyone. WOW congrats on all the weight loss and inches. You new people rock. I have been on IP since Oct 1. I am like some of the "oldies" who are struggling. I seem to do well for a few days then loose interest. My goal is to do really well this week. So this morning I began measuring my food again and meal planning. I am basically maintaining right now and have been for a few weeks. I keep loosing and gaining the same pound. I hope to find some renewed motivation. Wish me luck.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:28 AM   #266  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Thanks Rachel, you're doing great as well!! I have a lot farther to go to get to where you are This diet is amazing in that you get rewards so quickly that it really helps to keep you motivated week after week.

I remember the first week feeling like it was going on and on and lasting forever, and now I'm on my fifth week and down 23 lbs and it feels like it went by so quickly.
The 2nd week was hard for me both times around. That's why my numbers go -7 -0 -5 LOL but I'm always fine after that dreaded 2nd week. You have little over 10 lbs. to go before reaching your birthday goal and I know you will make it! My mini goal is to lose about 15 more by your birthday (my spring break) so maybe we can have a healthy competition!
Old 02-16-2010, 11:30 AM   #267  

Oops, and CONGRATULATIONS to all you who are having the awesome losses!!!!! YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Old 02-16-2010, 11:54 AM   #268  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

from wagnomore: The last 2 weeks I have concentrated on reducing my carbs and have given up the bars. I also oopsed in the early day on watching those restricted veges...brocolli being the big mistake...I loved those bags you can steam in the microwave that make 4c. - far too easy. Now I limit brocolli, tomatoes and green beans - to once a week if that.

Hi, wagnomore. My IP food sheet lists broccoli in the select vegetables, not restricted. I know Dr. Chanh's book says something about it being higher in carbs, but I'm not sure it's right. I also love those bags that make 4 cups. If you read the nutritional content on the back, half the bag contains 6 grams of carbs and 3 grams of fiber, the same as in 2 cups of chopped celery. So I'm continuing to eat lots of steamed broccoli.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:12 PM   #269  
Started IP 2/16/10

S/C/G: 242/235.8/165

Height: 5'10"

Okay, so my plan to officially start IP yesterday, 2/15 didn't exactly go as planned. I believe I mentioned it was my Wedding Anniversary. The day started off hectic and stayed that way all day. My first mistake was my typical morning stop at Starbucks (fraps and a pastry - UGH!), ate a light lunch and had a salad & pasta for dinner. Oh well. Today is my fresh start!!!

On the plus side, my half-hearted (basically less than half really) attempt last week resulted in a 1.6 loss! So I'm really praying that I stay strong this week, resists temptations and have a big loss next week.

Thanks for listening!
Old 02-16-2010, 12:21 PM   #270  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

From wendylou: We have a lot of medical bills and other bills. So I do not have the $$ to do the real IP diet. I have been trying to follow the information that is on this site and do this by myself. I have been drinking EAS EDGE shakes from Walmart $4.22 for a 4 pack. Eating my 4 cups of veggies, and protein at dinner. I have to admit that I feel great I am losing a little bit slower then all of you awesome IPers. I have lost 19.6 pounds since January 5th. I have to do this diet for myself; I finally realized that I have to think of myself too.

Hi, wendylou. Great job on losing 19.6 pounds in 6 weeks! I started my diet on Jan. 5 as well, and I have only lost 20.8 pounds in the same amount of time using IP products. I really think as long as it's high-quality, low-carb protein being used, it doesn't matter if it's from IP. It's still going to work. Just be sure to use some high-quality supplements that are comparable to IP's.

Last edited by BevS; 02-16-2010 at 12:24 PM.
Closed Thread