Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 02:47 PM   #436  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSweet View Post
The Ideal Protein Protocol clearly states on the Phase 1 Dieter Handout:
You need 3 IP packs per day. Also in your initial set up, your coach should have tolds you that adding an additional pack per day the first week was ok to get you through your hardest week. You need to take your snack before bed to keep feeding your body....you lose weight through the night and from dinner to breakfast you are not feeding yourself if you skip the last pack!
Ideal Protein is not a high protein diet....it is the, if followed, "ideal" amount of protein.

Ideal Protein does cost money...but so did all the food you took in to become overweight. If you chose Ideal Protein, follow the program and the health and weightloss benefits are fast and lasting.

I also do not like all the products but the good thing is that they are only different flavors... the protein count is similar regardless of the pack/flavor you pick. So you can succeed on just the chocolate drink.

If your coaches or clinics are not telling you what you need to know or offering inv. packs vs boxes...CHANGE CLINICS...Diets are hard work and you need the coaching and all the support you can get.

Keep focused and rememner it's only for a few months out of your life! (for me about a year) You Can Do It !!!!!!!!!

There aren't coaches readily available to everyone. The nearest coach for me is an hour away. Also, my coach said it doesn't matter when you eat your three packets a day. Just as long as you eat your 3 packets it is okay!!
Old 02-18-2010, 02:58 PM   #437  

S/C/G: 191.4/160.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Has anyone tried the turnips chips in a dehydrator? Just wondering if the results of dehydrating alter what we are supposed to be getting from the veggies. I would like to try it, but wanted to double check first. Thanks.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:08 PM   #438  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffymama View Post
how did the vanilla taste compared to the i.p. vanilla? That is the only kind I drink.
Sorry, I haven't had the vanilla IP just the chocolate.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:10 PM   #439  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post
There aren't coaches readily available to everyone. The nearest coach for me is an hour away. Also, my coach said it doesn't matter when you eat your three packets a day. Just as long as you eat your 3 packets it is okay!!
That is true and at the clinic I go to I know they have long distance customers due to the fact those dieters either don't have any clinics in their State or don't like the ones available to them. I was told at the clinics last Intro meeting, from the IP reps that were there, that IP is making a great effort to be more present throughout the US in this coming year.

It is a shame that that all coaches don't say the same things...I am just going off of what our coach trains regarding the night snack. It also follows along with the IP paperwork.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:08 PM   #440  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsiemom View Post
Has anyone tried the turnips chips in a dehydrator? Just wondering if the results of dehydrating alter what we are supposed to be getting from the veggies. I would like to try it, but wanted to double check first. Thanks.
that's a really good idea - and will change things up a bit. all that's removed is the liquid/water so it should be o.k. can't guarantee the taste though..
Old 02-18-2010, 05:31 PM   #441  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Hi, Tricia, I was told to take my potassium pill with my breakfast. I have a hard time getting it to go down because it is so fat it gets stuck almost every time. I can't imagine having to take two of them in a day. All the other supplements go down so easily. Are you measuring your sea salt? I was told to take at least one full teaspoon a day so I measure it out in the morning and whatever is left before bedtime, I mix with water and drink it down. I really haven't had a problem with lack of energy. But my IP diet buddy was very tired for the first week or so. She works a lot harder than I do though. She owns and takes care of eight horses every day and runs her own cleaning business. So she has not followed the diet to a T. When she's hungry, she has an extra packet or bar and doesn't worry so much about whether they're restricted or not. She is still managing to lose weight and says she has a lot more energy now.
Thanks Bev. I went to the doctor today. She said what you are saying. 1 potassium in the morning. I was talking about 2 online because someone suggested it as a strategy for being tired. The doc suggested a 4th protein if I need it-
but not a second potassium. 6 days completed and 9 pounds lost. All I need is a little increase in energy! Otherwise this diet is perfect...
Old 02-18-2010, 05:41 PM   #442  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Thanks Bev. I went to the doctor today. She said what you are saying. 1 potassium in the morning. I was talking about 2 online because someone suggested it as a strategy for being tired. The doc suggested a 4th protein if I need it-
but not a second potassium. 6 days completed and 9 pounds lost. All I need is a little increase in energy! Otherwise this diet is perfect...
All doctors and coaches have different opinions, I think you have to find what works for you and stick with it.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:42 PM   #443  
IP start 1/11/2010

S/C/G: 226.6/176/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSweet View Post
The Ideal Protein Protocol clearly states on the Phase 1 Dieter Handout:
You need 3 IP packs per day. Also in your initial set up, your coach should have tolds you that adding an additional pack per day the first week was ok to get you through your hardest week. You need to take your snack before bed to keep feeding your body....you lose weight through the night and from dinner to breakfast you are not feeding yourself if you skip the last pack!
Ideal Protein is not a high protein diet....it is the, if followed, "ideal" amount of protein.

Ideal Protein does cost money...but so did all the food you took in to become overweight. If you chose Ideal Protein, follow the program and the health and weightloss benefits are fast and lasting.

I also do not like all the products but the good thing is that they are only different flavors... the protein count is similar regardless of the pack/flavor you pick. So you can succeed on just the chocolate drink.

If your coaches or clinics are not telling you what you need to know or offering inv. packs vs boxes...CHANGE CLINICS...Diets are hard work and you need the coaching and all the support you can get.

Keep focused and rememner it's only for a few months out of your life! (for me about a year) You Can Do It !!!!!!!!!
AMEN SuperSweet! The cost is steep, but my boyfriend and I would easily spend $100 a week just on eating out! That doesn't include the normal everyday groceries or the money I'd spend on a food binge. I know budgets are tight and don't want to turn anyone away, but maybe we could create another thread dedicated to those of you doing alternative IP diets.
Sorry if this is offensive to anyone! I truly want everyone to succeed, but I'm sticking to straight IP and it gets confusing when different products are the focus.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:28 PM   #444  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Sweetie View Post
I almost found this out last night. I sprinkled EVOO onto asparagus & mushrooms and put them in the oven at 500 degrees for 10 minutes. Within 5 minutes I thought there was a fire in the oven Tonight I used grape seed oil in 450 degrees and no problem. Just thought I'd pass the info along.

I do have a question about the H2O. I've seen various people reporting up to 100 oz a day I can barely get in 64oz. I've never been a big water drinker, but I'm finding that I can get it down easier if it's tea or crystal light. Is it okay if I do most of my water consumption through this method as long as they are decaf?

While I'm here...I think I've mentioned before I have serious intestinal issues. Anyway, when I eat too much raw veggies (i.e., salads everyday) for consecutive days it tears me up From what I've read, the salad is basically used as a "filler". Is this a correct assumption? At most, I can usually only have 2 salads a week. I'm hoping this is okay. Any thoughts?

I too have a hard time getting my water in. I started a water challenge with a coworker and we drink 1 liter by two and then fill up and try to have the second one gone by the time we go home. I love tea and she is a soda lover. We have done this all week and today we talked about how much we don't miss the old drinks. It really helps having each other to report to on how we are doing (her office is in another town). When I had my consultation, the lady I spoke with said the lemonade and other drinks would not count to my water but tea would. I really did not quite understand that as I have always been told water properties change when you mix in anything except maybe lemon juice. I like to go to Sonic and order a Rt. 44 lemon water and it is much easier to drink. I do this every few days to shake it up. Good luck!! I hope things are going well for you. I am waiting for the weekend and will pick my mom up to go to Sams Club and get some EAS Edge shakes and I am going to try this on my own to save money.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:46 PM   #445  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alihal View Post
Forgot to write this in my last post. Had a NSV last night. Our cousin stopped by last night and looked at me and said "mami estas mas flaka" which pretty much means you look skinnier!! It was so nice to hear since he hasn't seen me since I started this diet. I still have a way to go but it sure felt good to know he could see a difference.
Sixteen pounds in four weeks is AWESOME!!! WOO HOO!! Can't wait to hear how this progresses doing this more on your own.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:59 PM   #446  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlescda View Post
Hi everyone....Wow some really good posts on here over the last few days. Is anyone aware if there is a place online or here at 3FC's that compares other products (in one document) to the IP products? I'm making all these notes and trying to keep track. I could make a summary/spreadsheet and post on here for quick view. This may be helpful for those who are on a tighter budget. I'm thinking items that can be purchased at places like Walmart/Zellers/Pharmacies/Shoprite/Costco/Sam's (sorry not sure of exact store names in the US). If you have found other items and have their nutritional values....post on here and I'll compile from old posts what I can find.

Congratulations to those of you who have lost pounds this week!!

Question. What is NSV short for?

Wow, I've been eating quite a bit of brocolli and cauliflower....I didn't realize that these were "in moderation". My IP paperwork says I can have 2 cups of these twice daily.
That is so nice of you to take the time to put this together and share it with us. It will sure be a tremendous help for me as I am trying to get this started and need a budget friendly way of doing so.
I wish brocolli and cauliflower were on the daily list. It is nice not only to have more of a selection but it is nice to have the different textures of foods.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:03 PM   #447  
Started IP 2/16/10

S/C/G: 242/235.8/165

Height: 5'10"

Question for anyone/everyone...you know how Atkin's products have the net carbs listed on them? I thought that you found net carbs by subtracting the fiber gms from the total carb grams. So how is it that some of their products don't follow that equation and some do? Am I missing something?

Let me show you 2 examples:
Choc. Peanut Butter Bar - Calories 240/Total Fat 12g/Sat Fat 6g/Trans Fat 0g/Total Carb 22g/Dietary Firber 10g/Sugars 1g/Sugar Alcohols 0g/Protein 18g/Net Carbs 2g

Choc. Chip Granola - Calories 200/Total Fat 8g/Sat Fat 4g/Trans Fat Og/Total Carbs 18g/Dietary Fiber 6g/Sugars 1g/Sugar Alcohols 2g/Protein 17g/Net Carbs 3g

So, if I do the math Total Carbs - Dietary Fiber = Net Carbs the first example makes sense to have 2g net; but the second example makes absolutely no sense to me. Am I dense?

I would appreciate it greatly if someone could make sense of this for me.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:04 PM   #448  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritiki19 View Post
AMEN SuperSweet! The cost is steep, but my boyfriend and I would easily spend $100 a week just on eating out! That doesn't include the normal everyday groceries or the money I'd spend on a food binge. I know budgets are tight and don't want to turn anyone away, but maybe we could create another thread dedicated to those of you doing alternative IP diets.
Sorry if this is offensive to anyone! I truly want everyone to succeed, but I'm sticking to straight IP and it gets confusing when different products are the focus.
I think the main focus of this forum is weight loss. Whether it's IP or another form of the same diet that has us using 3 "packet" proteins a day, vegetables, and a protein for dinner. I use a combination of IP products and various less expensive comparable products. This forum is fine for anyone that needs support to reach their weight loss goals. This is only my opinion though.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:06 PM   #449  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birman View Post
I think you point out a superb way of looking at it doing alternatives, Ogdog -- if it doesn't work you can always go back.

By the way, I just completed my first week on the diet, using solely alternatives. As Ogdog has pointed out before, we vegetarians won't lose weight as fast due to the dearth of carb-free proteins available for our evening meal. Still, I just finished my first week and lost 8 lbs. I'm pretty happy with that.
What a fantastic loss!!
Old 02-18-2010, 11:10 PM   #450  
Started IP 2/16/10

S/C/G: 242/235.8/165

Height: 5'10"

I made the roasted cauliflower tonight with dinner and much to my surprise, both of my kiddos loved it! I was especially surprised by my daughter's reaction as she's not much of a veggie lover. I think I'm converting her!!! I made roasted asparagus and mushrooms earlier in the week and she loved those too. On a side note...the family has complained at all this week since I started IP. I guess it's b/c not much of their dinners have changed except more/different veggies. These things in itself are worth a NSV for me. Yeah!
Closed Thread