Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 02:05 PM   #346  

S/C/G: 191.4/160.6/135

Height: 5'7"

I'm on day three of IP and feeling like the cafeteria in the high school I work for smells like a four star restaurant. Reading all of the posts really encourages me though. What a great support system. . .I'm really glad to have found this website. I'm excited to try many of the recipes too. Crazy question though, how do I get a counter like many of you have at the bottom of your posts? They are very cool.

Last edited by newsiemom; 02-17-2010 at 02:06 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:05 PM   #347  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Height: 5'5"

Thank-you my fellow canucks, healthisnumberone and jordanna....I'll have to find myself a Kitchen Stuff Plus and what is a "mandolin"....sounds like a musical instrument lol.

Sarkbait...Jelly Fish ewe, people eat that? What does it taste like (or do I want to know lol).
Old 02-17-2010, 02:10 PM   #348  
Brenda1980

S/C/G: 164/139/130

Height: 5'6"

I used a sharp chef knife- my slices were not super thin, which is why the consistency was somewhere between a chip and a crinkle-cut french fry. You would probably be better off using another tool like the other ladies suggested.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:18 PM   #349  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Hi, Rachel, I can't remember if you've tried the turnip fries, but for me they work like a laxative. I have to be sure to have only my 2 cups' worth or my stomach completely rebels. (I have a spastic colon.)
I tried the turnip fries a few weeks ago and either I cooked them wrong or all of you who like them are crazy!! LOL just kidding but I had to force them down so I looked into some "stool softening" pills which was a first for me and we will see how they go!
Old 02-17-2010, 02:21 PM   #350  
Brenda1980

S/C/G: 164/139/130

Height: 5'6"

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsiemom View Post
I'm on day three of IP and feeling like the cafeteria in the high school I work for smells like a four star restaurant. Reading all of the posts really encourages me though. What a great support system. . .I'm really glad to have found this website. I'm excited to try many of the recipes too. Crazy question though, how do I get a counter like many of you have at the bottom of your posts? They are very cool.
Unfortunately, us newbies have to wait until we've been members for 20 days (I think) AND posted 20 times.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:23 PM   #351  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlescda View Post
Thank-you my fellow canucks, healthisnumberone and jordanna....I'll have to find myself a Kitchen Stuff Plus and what is a "mandolin"....sounds like a musical instrument lol.

Sarkbait...Jelly Fish ewe, people eat that? What does it taste like (or do I want to know lol).
This is a mandolin

Mine has a grater, a slicer, a crinkle cutter...a few different attachments to help slice and dice veggies
Old 02-17-2010, 02:28 PM   #352  

S/C/G: 191.4/160.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Thanks brenda1980. I'll have to get posting then!
Old 02-17-2010, 02:31 PM   #353  
1/5/11

Ok so I bought a trial box of the EasEdge protein drinks today and am going to have one as my 3rd "packet". I went back to reread the posts about this product from the past few days and everyone seems to think it's ok. I noticed that the IP shakes are only 8 oz while the EE are 11 oz. Should I let some goto waste or drink the entire 11 oz? By the looks of things the EE are a little better because they are less in carbs and fat. I believe there was someone who had posted that this is all they'd been using for a month and was down 19.6 lbs so it doesn't look like it is effecting weight loss at all and it's soooo much cheaper! Who knew!
Old 02-17-2010, 02:46 PM   #354  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
You have to be a certain number of days/posts into this before they let you do one. But once you can, go to the top purple bar and click on quick links and you'll see signature tracker or weight tracker or something like that.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:55 PM   #355  

S/C/G: 159/131.5/115

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlescda View Post

I have an asian background, so strange food is my specialty.

It has a bit of a chewy texture, and when you bite into it, it feels a little like jello? It's one of those things you have to try I guess. It's worth trying, because it could save the boredom of this diet, when you are in desperate need of some noodle like substance. I found it at whole foods for around $1, but any healthy grocery shop should carry it. It will be in the refrigerated section, possibly near the tofu. And no, you shouldn't drink the liquid it is packed with. *shudder*
Old 02-17-2010, 03:43 PM   #356  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
Ok so I bought a trial box of the EasEdge protein drinks today and am going to have one as my 3rd "packet". I went back to reread the posts about this product from the past few days and everyone seems to think it's ok. I noticed that the IP shakes are only 8 oz while the EE are 11 oz. Should I let some goto waste or drink the entire 11 oz? By the looks of things the EE are a little better because they are less in carbs and fat. I believe there was someone who had posted that this is all they'd been using for a month and was down 19.6 lbs so it doesn't look like it is effecting weight loss at all and it's soooo much cheaper! Who knew!
I would drink the 11 oz - as long are you're not consuming a lot more carbs by drinking more then it's just basically more water.

I went shopping yesterday and found a soy protein isolate product that's really low in carbs - 3 i think - no sugar and the plain only cost $20 for 30 servings - that's .67 per serving as compared to $3.86 for IP. It's a president's choice brand sold at Extra Foods (Loblaws, Superstore). Flavors are plain, vegetarian, chocolate, strawberry, orange cream and vanilla. The flavored are more expensive $29 - which still only works out to $1/serving - still cheaper. Watch as some of the flavoured ones have a bit of sugar 1g as i recall. Also available in whey or soy. And that's all in my little town grocery store!

I bought the plain and am going to mix it with chicken broth - which we're allowed as my lunchtime soup and maybe some oxo - it might turn out gross - i'll let you know - but it was still only $20 and if it's good, it will reduce my costs by $22/week (difference between .67x7 and $3.86x7) and almost $90 a month!
Old 02-17-2010, 04:16 PM   #357  
1/5/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenda1980 View Post
I wish that negative people who try to keep us down could just keep their opinions to themselves. Rachel- I hope that the punk who told you it wasn't possible has to pick his/her jaw up off the floor when they see you in a few weeks!
It made me laugh to read your post because the punk is my grandpa! He is constantly researching medical things online and he is very unhappy about the soy in these products. That is an issue that I have ran across on this blog. Is this the kind of soy that is harmful or is said to be such? If so, why is no one worried?
Old 02-17-2010, 04:26 PM   #358  
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
I was thinking I was going to have another 1 lb loss week. I went down 3.6 lbs so I was pleased. I don't know if I will ever see a 5 lb loss again but I like 3 lbs a week gone.
It seems that 3 pounds per week is the "average." Some weeks are 5, some weeks are 2, etc. Also some weeks are 6, some are 1. Bottom line, stick with it.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:30 PM   #359  

Quote:
Hi Newsiemom and Welcome. The temptation from the food smells will go away as you go into ketosis. Don't forget that you can create or borrow IP friendly recipes (see recipe thread) that have the same "smell" and taste as your favorite cafeteria foods.

To create the counter at the bottom, click on "User CP" above left and follow the links.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:31 PM   #360  

Quote:
Hi Newsiemom and Welcome. The temptation from the food smells will go away as you go into ketosis. Don't forget that you can create or borrow IP friendly recipes (see recipe thread) that have the same "smell" and taste as your favorite cafeteria foods.

To create the counter at the bottom, click on "User CP" above left of this screen and then click on Edit Signature.
Closed Thread