Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 09:45 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Height: 5'5"

SylvieG -- I am in awe!! So great to put a face on the name after all these months!! You look wonderful!! I am so proud of you.

SandraB -- I totally understand about the boredom with the diet.....but then, I get bored on most diets, even Atkins. I, too, had considered going another way....but only have 6# more to goal....and really want to get to Phase 3 and maintenace to see if I can actually "live it."

OK -- here's what my doctor said about the packets. I took some Lindora packets into her last week. I had not done comparisons with Lindora vs. IP. She told me I might as well eat REAL oatmeal, for as many carbs as Lindora's had. She said the puddings were okay - altho she wished they weren't sweetned with aspartane. She suggested that I could switch real food with some of the packets...and I can't find the list as to the EXACT amount. She suggested tuna, 1T.peanut butter...nofat cottage cheese, eggs and nuts (much moderation here). I think that is all she said....I boiled up some eggs, and bought some blanched almonds and have eaten those. I REALLY like IP's puddings and oatmeal and bars...tho....and can't figure out what I could do to replace those. Lindora's bars and puddings are okay....just not as thick (and satisfying as IP's).

As far as WHEN to take the IP packets....I was told to start out the day with protein and END the day with protein. I always do that....usually a bar at night....cut up in little pieces. I was told that the protein at night will help your muscles do....ahhhh....mmmmm....well, I forgot what...but it made good sense to me!
Old 02-15-2010, 09:55 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 226.4/166.5/160

Height: 5'3

SylvieG-WOW! We have a similar start weight. I am very motivated by your photos, thank you for sharing.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:28 PM   #243  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
I told my IP rep that I didn't feel hungry and was just eating my snack because it was there and she said that I should just drink 2 cold large glasses of water instead and that it wasn't a big deal. I hope she was right because this was after my very first week! I now feel a little worried! Could I eat my protein at dinner?
my coach told me that you should eat the third packet about 1 hr. before bed that way it is continuing to help your body burn fat during sleeping hours. Otherwise your body will burn muscle...which we dont want to happen
Old 02-15-2010, 10:31 PM   #244  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post
SylvieG -- I am in awe!! So great to put a face on the name after all these months!! You look wonderful!! I am so proud of you.

SandraB -- I totally understand about the boredom with the diet.....but then, I get bored on most diets, even Atkins. I, too, had considered going another way....but only have 6# more to goal....and really want to get to Phase 3 and maintenace to see if I can actually "live it."

OK -- here's what my doctor said about the packets. I took some Lindora packets into her last week. I had not done comparisons with Lindora vs. IP. She told me I might as well eat REAL oatmeal, for as many carbs as Lindora's had. She said the puddings were okay - altho she wished they weren't sweetned with aspartane. She suggested that I could switch real food with some of the packets...and I can't find the list as to the EXACT amount. She suggested tuna, 1T.peanut butter...nofat cottage cheese, eggs and nuts (much moderation here). I think that is all she said....I boiled up some eggs, and bought some blanched almonds and have eaten those. I REALLY like IP's puddings and oatmeal and bars...tho....and can't figure out what I could do to replace those. Lindora's bars and puddings are okay....just not as thick (and satisfying as IP's).

As far as WHEN to take the IP packets....I was told to start out the day with protein and END the day with protein. I always do that....usually a bar at night....cut up in little pieces. I was told that the protein at night will help your muscles do....ahhhh....mmmmm....well, I forgot what...but it made good sense to me!
I compared the IP Pre-made choc. drinks to the Lindora Pre-made choc. drinks and the only difference was 10 calories... so was your coach talking about a specific product? Unless the nutrition label on the Lindora products was misleading I don't see a problem with my substitution..what do you think?
Old 02-15-2010, 10:33 PM   #245  
1/5/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffymama View Post
my coach told me that you should eat the third packet about 1 hr. before bed that way it is continuing to help your body burn fat during sleeping hours. Otherwise your body will burn muscle...which we dont want to happen
Thanks for asking your coach I will definitely consider that!
Old 02-15-2010, 10:39 PM   #246  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

Default feelin better now

Quote:
I actually went on IP for 3 weeks prior to Thanksgiving and when I quit I didn't do it gradually, I jumped right back into "normal" mostly unhealthy foods and at first my stomach would get really upset so I would imagine that's why they have you go off the diet slowly. At least control portion size and sugar intake for the first few weeks following the end of IP. I would think that my coach would not lead me in the wrong direction when it comes to my health! Ah .. input anyone?
First...Rachel, I am not sure the "coach" is as knowledgable as some of these people. I asked her today about her experience, she only used IP long enough to try it all, she herself has not struggled with her wieght as an adult.
This clinic is in an urgent care center and before starting they want a physical and blood work up. Rachel, did you have to do all that? I didn't think it a bad idea.
Well, when I went to my fitness center tonight, I showed the owner my packet of info from my consultation and shared with him my and my husband's concern over the price. He kind of laughed that they are charging such a high price to "help" people. He looked through the paperwork and agreed it is a good diet to loose wieght quickly and said if I would print off the nutritional information and bring it in on Wednesday he will help me find something comparable and help me come up with a plan to put and keep me in Ketosis for awhile...I was so excited! Anyways, I will certainly share what information I get from him.
Thanks to all of you for your support and suggestions!!
Old 02-15-2010, 10:41 PM   #247  
back at it

Height: 5'6"

Default hello fellow Wyomingite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyo Sky View Post
Hi to all! I am new to all of this. I've been busy reading previous threads and I see much success and support posted here. Great job, guys!

I have been on the HCG injection (diet) for the last 37 days and have 3 days left on that (have lost about 20lbs). Then, per my doctor's advice, I am looking to start the Ideal Protein program this Friday....

Does anybody here have experience with starting with HCG then moving to Ideal Protein like I am doing? Any insights or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Welcome! I have no clue what the HCG injection diet is....do tell. But I do know that with low carb diets when you switch to another low carb diet you won't see the dramatic first week or two losses. Even South Beach addresses that in the book as a possible reason someone has low numbers at first (first two weeks of south beach is really Atkins in disquise). So if HCG has anything to do with carbs......
But that said, I think you will like IP. It may be quicker than the one you are on now. Look at other people's losses to see what's possible!
Old 02-15-2010, 10:50 PM   #248  
back at it

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrab View Post
hi everyone. trying to read and reread posts to find out where my motivation has gone! and trying so hard to get it back. i started IP on sept 19 at 227lbs. by december 19th i had lost 47lbs. i was very motivated those first 3 months. i to this day have not purchased restricted items. i had tried the snacks at an info session, and agreed they tasted good. but i found it easier to not have them in the house. during my second month, i allowed myself to buy a few of the sauces to enhance puddings, drinks etc. i basically did this diet of the choc drinks, soups, pudding and crispy cereal and omelettes. in the second month i did allow myself tomatoes twice a week from the restricted list. only ate red meat once a week, if that. lots and lots of spinach, bok choy, broccoli. stayed away from green cabbage, onions, cauliflower. used chicken broth in all shapes and forms, whenever and however much i wanted. it was a staple for me, and a bit of a filler in the afternoons. after christmas i have had good weeks and bad weeks, adding in a few unexpected trips. had a real problem keeping focused. then we had mexico. i have been home for 3 weeks now, seem to get thru the week great, without any problems. then the weekends seem so much more difficult than they used to be. i think it is because i have maintained my loss, even down a few more pounds, ( 4 whole pounds since dec! lol) but without that scale moving it is so hard to do the packets!! i am happy that i can report no weight gain, and i know it is because of my perserverance during the week and the fact that even if it stray, i make wiser choices. but however, without the continuity of constant loss, it is harder and harder to stay on task. so i would not recommend many breaks if they can be helped...i had thought i wanted to move to phase 2, but have opted to stay on phase 1 for the time being. i just really need to have a full good week, get some results. my husband figures i should be motivated just because i never gained any back. i am happy about that but the 'attraction' seems to be gone from the diet. i wish i could find the motivation most of you are experiencing. i know its because i had it once, and you just cant get the same feeling back the second time round, thats what i think anyways!! so good luck all! maybe this will be the week i find some renewed motivation!
Sandrab.....Please....I sooo understand the motivation thing. Have you been on the alternative thread? I find that it is more reader friendly because us oldies don't post as much. Sorry all you newer folks. But when I miss a day here I have like 10 pages to read and it takes all night. On the other thread I have one page to read. Plus a lot of us there are having the same issues. Let's face it, it does get old being in "restricted" mode for so long. I wanted to jump to Atkins for awhile so I could stay in Ketosis but have some cheese, etc.

Someone mentioned going on another diet and I think they are right. I was back on IP but started having some medical issues, so will get on as soon as I can. In the mean time I am trying just to maintain.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:51 PM   #249  

Hey everyone, went for my week 4 weigh in and I'm down another 3.2 lbs for a total of 23.9 lbs in a month! I was hoping for .5 more so that I could get down in to the 240's but oh well, I'll get there next week

Hope everyone has a good night!
Old 02-15-2010, 11:44 PM   #250  
1/5/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by motiv8edmama View Post
First...Rachel, I am not sure the "coach" is as knowledgable as some of these people. I asked her today about her experience, she only used IP long enough to try it all, she herself has not struggled with her wieght as an adult.
This clinic is in an urgent care center and before starting they want a physical and blood work up. Rachel, did you have to do all that? I didn't think it a bad idea.
Well, when I went to my fitness center tonight, I showed the owner my packet of info from my consultation and shared with him my and my husband's concern over the price. He kind of laughed that they are charging such a high price to "help" people. He looked through the paperwork and agreed it is a good diet to loose wieght quickly and said if I would print off the nutritional information and bring it in on Wednesday he will help me find something comparable and help me come up with a plan to put and keep me in Ketosis for awhile...I was so excited! Anyways, I will certainly share what information I get from him.
Thanks to all of you for your support and suggestions!!
Well I had a recent physical on file that my doctor faxed from earlier in the fall and that's all they needed. I don't remember what our conversation was regarding the blood work but I never had anything drawn. It's so great that you have joined that gym and have someone willing to help you out! That sounds like a nice alternative to me She doesn't seem to know much sometimes that's why I ask a lot of questions on here but it's the closest place I've found that offers the plan and it's been working wonders so far so I'm going to stick with it.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:25 AM   #251  
1/5/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Hey everyone, went for my week 4 weigh in and I'm down another 3.2 lbs for a total of 23.9 lbs in a month! I was hoping for .5 more so that I could get down in to the 240's but oh well, I'll get there next week

You have had a great first month!! I would have to lose 10 this week to catch up haha! Isn't it nice to know that with every week we work hard we have a reward waiting at the end?
Old 02-16-2010, 12:29 AM   #252  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
I have been told more than once that any high protein diet strains the liver and kidneys.
have a look at Dr. Tran's book (which you can do online) - once you get past the hair, there is a lot of really good info in there. here's the bottom line - this is NOT a high protein diet - it is a low carb, low calorie diet that is balanced for protein. at your first consultation, they have you fill out a questionaire to determine if you have normal liver and kidney function. People with compromised kidney or liver function should not go on a reduced carb/calorie diet however it is safe for those with normal liver/kidney function.

Last edited by Mom22; 02-16-2010 at 12:31 AM.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:17 AM   #253  

Quote:
You have had a great first month!! I would have to lose 10 this week to catch up haha! Isn't it nice to know that with every week we work hard we have a reward waiting at the end?
Thanks Rachel, you're doing great as well!! I have a lot farther to go to get to where you are This diet is amazing in that you get rewards so quickly that it really helps to keep you motivated week after week.

I remember the first week feeling like it was going on and on and lasting forever, and now I'm on my fifth week and down 23 lbs and it feels like it went by so quickly.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:51 AM   #254  

Quote:

GREAT JOB JORDANNA! How exciting 23.9 lbs in 1 month. You are doing well. I can't wait to hear what your hubby has to say when he gets home. Keep up the great losing!
Old 02-16-2010, 07:49 AM   #255  

S/C/G: 220/218/170

Height: 5'7

Quote:

Great job Jordanna!!! Those are very impressive numbers for your first month, congrats!!
Closed Thread