Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 10:57 AM   #331  
RJC

S/C/G: 250/235/225

Height: 6'0

Just wanted to chime in on the 3rd packet deal.

I've only been doing 2 packets/day but have added a bit protein to my lunch/dinner salads. So I'm having boiled egg/chicken/beef or something on top of my salads. I think my total calories are a little higher then just the packets.

Seems OK so far. If I'm anywhere near the 2.0-2.5 down range for week 3 I'll be very happy. Not sure when I'll weigh though....busy week with travel.

RJC
Old 02-17-2010, 11:18 AM   #332  

Height: 5' 0"

Hi everyone!! I have my first appointment with the Doctor to start the Ideal Protein Diet TONIGHT!! Looking forward to this!!!
Old 02-17-2010, 11:18 AM   #333  

S/C/G: 270/222/195

I had the 2 packet issue also. It was my impression that we could have the 3rd packet if we were hungry at night? Well how wrong were we? Though we both lost last week, our coach reinforced the fact that we need all 3 packets and that the 3rd one plays just as an important role as the first two.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:32 AM   #334  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotmamatobe View Post
I had another question if anyone could help me with it. Does it matter if you have your vegies with you lunch or a couple hours later as a snack? Does it affect weight loss?
I don't know how anyone else here feels but I would suggest saving your veggies for a snack. It will keep you from feeling hungry between lunch and dinner and help those of us who eat out of "boredom" not eat something we shouldn't.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:38 AM   #335  

S/C/G: 170/143/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
I don't know how anyone else here feels but I would suggest saving your veggies for a snack. It will keep you from feeling hungry between lunch and dinner and help those of us who eat out of "boredom" not eat something we shouldn't.
I use my veggies for a snack too. I am only on week 2, day 4, but have been eating an english cucumber peeled and sliced topped with the sea salt. it is great!
Old 02-17-2010, 11:43 AM   #336  
Brenda1980

S/C/G: 164/139/130

Height: 5'6"

HotMama and fellow IPers. My coach told me that it does not matter at all when you eat your veggies or packets or meal, as long as you are eating them all in the day AND as long as you are kickstarting your body with the morning packet. I usually eat 1 cup of veggies between breakfast and lunch, 1C with lunch, 1C and my third packet before dinner (since I eat kind of late) and then meat and 1C of veggies for dinner. That helps keep me full throughout the day. I am only in my second week, but I lost 5lbs the first week, so I think that is working just fine.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:49 AM   #337  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for all the suggestions about water!! I am going to be more disciplined about it this week. I also may have to invest in some laxatives because things haven't been going in that area much the past few weeks. Not good!
Old 02-17-2010, 12:12 PM   #338  
RJC

S/C/G: 250/235/225

Height: 6'0

Quote:
I also may have to invest in some laxatives because things haven't been going in that area much the past few weeks. Not good!
Not sure if it will help but I found that a little fattier protein + coffee in the PM helped me out.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:14 PM   #339  
IP Start Date: 12/16/09

S/C/G: 145/124/120

Height: 5' 2"

Blue mermaid and want2run GOOD JOB!!!

Rachel- You CAN do the 15 lbs. I also had people tell me that this diet wouldn't work... well one of them started it! Also, I had big weight loss weeks when I ate seafood (fish and shrimp) as my protein, and tried to stick to the unlimited and 2-4 cup veggie list.

hotmamatobe-I chose not to eat the restricted foods, I am scared that they would affect me. But I do have red and yellow peppers more than 2 times per week.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:30 PM   #340  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Thanks for all the suggestions about water!! I am going to be more disciplined about it this week. I also may have to invest in some laxatives because things haven't been going in that area much the past few weeks. Not good!
Hi, Rachel, I can't remember if you've tried the turnip fries, but for me they work like a laxative. I have to be sure to have only my 2 cups' worth or my stomach completely rebels. (I have a spastic colon.)
Old 02-17-2010, 01:06 PM   #341  

Hiya everyone - has anyone used shirataki noodles before? I just got some in the mail and I'm wondering if anyone has any good recipes to fit with IP?

FYI: Shiritaki Noodles are 0 Calorie 0 Carb 0 Fat noodles
Old 02-17-2010, 01:14 PM   #342  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Height: 5'5"

I made some super yummy turnips this weekend if anyone is interested. I cut them thin like potato chips and sprayed a cookie sheet with olive oil and sprinkled them with cajun seasoned salt. Baked them on 400F for about 15minutes on each side. They were yummy- like some tasty combination of chips and french fries. "Quote"

I'm not sure now who posted the above recipe but I have a dumb question....but my daddy always told me NO question is a dumb question LOL

Does anyone know how to easily cut a turnip.....I can't even begin to imagine trying to cut thin potato chip slices from a turnip. I always have to recruit my husband to help cut up the turnip but he tries to hide when he knows I've brought one home because he HATES the smell of cooking turnip.

Good luck ladies....many are doing REALLY well and welcome to all the newbies too!!
Old 02-17-2010, 01:24 PM   #343  

S/C/G: 159/131.5/115

Height: 5'2"

Thanks bluemermaid and alihal. All the ladies on this forum and their stories got me through the first week

jordanna - the shiratake noodles have a very different texture to them. Kind of like jellyfish (if you ever had that). I used to throw them into a stirfry with chicken and veges, and a recommend not eating them by themselves. I have been eating healthier for about a year now and those noodles used to be a staple in my diet. but at the same time, I like jellyfish ._.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:27 PM   #344  

Height: 5' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlescda View Post
I'm not sure now who posted the above recipe but I have a dumb question....but my daddy always told me NO question is a dumb question LOL

Does anyone know how to easily cut a turnip.....I can't even begin to imagine trying to cut thin potato chip slices from a turnip. I always have to recruit my husband to help cut up the turnip but he tries to hide when he knows I've brought one home because he HATES the smell of cooking turnip.

Good luck ladies....many are doing REALLY well and welcome to all the newbies too!!

Thanks for the welcome to a Newbie like me!!

I have a great kitchen gadget for cutting turnip like you want - it is sold at Kitchen Stuff Plus and it made for slices potatoes into chips. If you go there and ask them I am sure that they can point it out for you! It was only a few $$'s as well!
Old 02-17-2010, 01:35 PM   #345  

I use a mandolin, mine has all different settings for how thick you want to slice things
Closed Thread