Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2010, 05:21 PM   #211  
IP Start Date 11/18/2009
 
wagnomore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Midwest
Posts: 66

S/C/G: 191/145/140

Height: 5'9"

Default Walden Farms

purchased the caramel sauce today - to satisfy the sweet tooth or help me avoid those extra calories when I usually go for extra protien.

Its pretty good - may try to add it coffee or one of the shakes to mix things up a bit.

Officially this week - been on IP 3months - lost 3 more this week. Still thrilled with the program and how its changing my whole approach to food & this forum has helped me stay focused.

Last edited by wagnomore; 02-15-2010 at 05:22 PM.
wagnomore is offline  
Old 02-15-2010, 05:41 PM   #212  
Senior Member
 
libbyshims's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 113

S/C/G: 170/143/130

Height: 5'4''

Default

I am on day 3 of week 2 on IP. I love it. I am down 4 pounds so far. I have a question about edamame. On the list of approved veggies, soya is listed as ok. However, beans are not. Edamame is a soybean. I left a message with my rep. and haven't heard back yet. I love edamame and it would seem like a great snack. Especially with the sea salt on it. Thoughts?
libbyshims is offline  
Old 02-15-2010, 05:48 PM   #213  
Senior Member
 
skittlescda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Coldwater Ontario Canada
Posts: 113

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Height: 5'5"

Default

Hi Wagnomore, Congratulations...you are an inspiration to me, 40 lbs in 3 months is fantastic!! Can you tell me please what approach you've taken to this diet from day 1? Some people eat NO restricted items at all for a period and then add later on. Others used 4 packs instead of 3 and few are combining IP products with other products such as Lindora and New Style. Since you have done so well I'm hoping that I'm doing the program in the same manner as you have.
Weigh (lol) to go!!

Last edited by skittlescda; 02-15-2010 at 05:49 PM.
skittlescda is offline  
Old 02-15-2010, 06:42 PM   #214  
Member
 
Wyo Sky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 55

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by libbyshims View Post
I am on day 3 of week 2 on IP. I love it. I am down 4 pounds so far. I have a question about edamame. On the list of approved veggies, soya is listed as ok. However, beans are not. Edamame is a soybean. I left a message with my rep. and haven't heard back yet. I love edamame and it would seem like a great snack. Especially with the sea salt on it. Thoughts?

Hi there....I am new to this and won't actually start Ideal Protein until this Friday. Today is my first day posting.

This question you have here is one I asked of my doctor just today and she said: " You can have it as a veg. You should limit the amount of soy because of the hormone activity in soy- when it effects you. not everyone is effected by the estrogen like compound in soy."

So seems it would be ok but maybe to limit it. It is good slightly warm with soy sauce and sea salt. My doctor (a purist) says when it comes to soy sauce to buy Nama Shoya, which is organic, unpasteurized and less processed than others out there.

My doctor answered about 20 questions I had today, seems she might be a stickler for staying very pure about what you put into your body. So this is what I will be trying to do.
Wyo Sky is offline  
Old 02-15-2010, 06:46 PM   #215  
Senior Member
 
motiv8edmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 303

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
I have been allowed the restricted since day 1, the clinic that I goto hasn't given me a real "coach" it's just a lady who weighs me every week and gives me my food. Fortunately, after discovering this blog I have learned that I should hold off on the restricted foods for a while to see maximum results. I really like your idea of using the taco seasoning! I have been craving tacos all week. I am really looking forward to dinner tonight. I never have been a big fan of peppers but I hope your meal tastes great! Let me know!
Rachel,
I believe we go to the same clinic. I had my consultation today and found out if two or more people are going through together you can save 10%, so I asked if a young Rachel comes in and she said there is a Rachel, do you go in Pittsburg? If so, we should go through together and save 10%. I have more thinking and advice to gather before making my final decision, a whole other matter entirely...
motiv8edmama is offline  
Old 02-15-2010, 06:56 PM   #216  
Senior Member 2/12/2010
 
HopefulTricia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 420

Height: 5'4"

Default

WAGNOMORE== just like skittlescda I want to say congratulations and please share the details. I would love to know right now I could achieve a 40 pound weight loss in three months. Could you tell us how much you lost when and how strict you were and about exercise? Thanks.
HopefulTricia is offline  
Old 02-15-2010, 06:59 PM   #217  
Senior Member
 
committed1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 100

Default

Quick Post...Happy Valentines Day!

I changed my VDay gifts this year to something NOT candy/chocolate/food related and it was awesome. No temptation at all.

But not the purpose for the thread...anyone else having pains under the rib cage? Its been going on for several days which conincides with me not being able to eat all my veggies....(just too full). I also traveled and ate some peanuts to avoid another more tempting, not on plan option. Not sure if those affected it or not. I have taken all my vitamins and been good about the salt.

Just wondering if any one else has experienced the pain or if it may be IP related. Its dull and annoying, worse when I eat, not enough to call a Dr, but enough for me to just want to rest and make it go away. No other symptoms (no gas, belching, pain anywhere else, etc).

On a happier note, I traveled to see some family who hasn't seen me since starting IP and everyone noticed my weight loss. Awesome feeling.
committed1 is offline  
Old 02-15-2010, 07:03 PM   #218  
Senior Member
 
motiv8edmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 303

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

Default In need of a boost...

Hello all!
I went to my consultation today...that was exciting. I believe Rachel and I go to the same clinic so hope she has some suggestions here.
I am soooo excited and motivated to do this. I discussed with the lady the troubles I have regarding the expense of the diet and asked what options I have. She said if I know someone else going through the clinic we can each save 10% and that other than the calcium/potassium vitamins, I can get the rest of the vitamins elsewhere. I shared with her that I have considered getting part of my products through IP and some through a more cost effective route. She told me the doctor would not monitor me if I were to do that, something to do with legality. This was a bummer for me as I don't know how on Earth I can pay the amount to do this all IP. As I have said earlier, I am commited through May to a gym and personal trainer and am contractually obligated, and I enjoy going, it is good for me. However, I have lost no weight. I have lost inches, not sure how much, my pants are so saggy and I can pull them on and off without undoing them, I feel better, etc. etc. I thought my husband was on board with this IP plan, even aware of the costs, knowing I was looking for a more affordable way to do this. After the consultatin, I talked to him and he said that I may be "jumping the gun", I told him I thought he wanted me to do this just like I wanted to. He does not see how we can afford this. (Our daughter is in a tutoring program that we pay for each week also, so we have a lot of other obligations, as I am sure many of you also have.) Now, I feel so alone in this and unsure and just don't know what to do. He said he thinks I am doing good going to the gym, I reminded him I have not shed one pound in almost a year. He really has nothing to say about that one, oh you know, maybe well, you know muscle weighs more than fat. Sorry for the long post and I am sure some of my spelling is off. I needed to vent and would like any suggestions any of you may have. I want to do this soooo badly that this has put me in the temporary dumps.

By the way...
You all have been doing amazing at shedding those pounds and the inches...WOW!!
motiv8edmama is offline  
Old 02-15-2010, 07:24 PM   #219  
Senior Member
 
skittlescda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Coldwater Ontario Canada
Posts: 113

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Height: 5'5"

Default

Motiv8 Hi and it's ok to vent...that's why we are here is for support.

What are the chances of you and Rachel splitting the cost of the ideal packs...finding products that you both like and dividing up the box and the $27. This will at least give you more of a variety of foods and get you started. I went to a dollar store and bought a shaker.

I have to drive an hour away to get my food because I prefer to buy them by the pack instead of by the box and my clinic will not do this. For $125 I got 28 pks and a very good variety of drinks/puddings/puffs/soups/breakfasts and a few spaghetti and stews (only allowed 1/wk). This will allow me to make my meal plans for a few weeks. If I had gone to my own clinic I would only have been able to buy 4 boxes for the same $125 and I know I couldn't just eat the same four things everyday. I know some people don't understand this being a problem but for me to spend $125 every 2 weeks when I get paid is absolutely all I can afford and I know I wouldn't be successful on this diet if I didn't have the variety of foods to eat.
So I'm not sure if it's an option but if you can find a clinic that will sell you by the package instead of the box this may help.
I should add that I do have to buy in quantities of 7.
Just a thought and I do hope you can work this out because the IP plan is a very good one.

Last edited by skittlescda; 02-15-2010 at 07:30 PM.
skittlescda is offline  
Old 02-15-2010, 07:24 PM   #220  
september 21/2009
 
Sandrab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 127

S/C/G: 227/162/160

Height: 5ft7"

Default

hi everyone. trying to read and reread posts to find out where my motivation has gone! and trying so hard to get it back. i started IP on sept 19 at 227lbs. by december 19th i had lost 47lbs. i was very motivated those first 3 months. i to this day have not purchased restricted items. i had tried the snacks at an info session, and agreed they tasted good. but i found it easier to not have them in the house. during my second month, i allowed myself to buy a few of the sauces to enhance puddings, drinks etc. i basically did this diet of the choc drinks, soups, pudding and crispy cereal and omelettes. in the second month i did allow myself tomatoes twice a week from the restricted list. only ate red meat once a week, if that. lots and lots of spinach, bok choy, broccoli. stayed away from green cabbage, onions, cauliflower. used chicken broth in all shapes and forms, whenever and however much i wanted. it was a staple for me, and a bit of a filler in the afternoons. after christmas i have had good weeks and bad weeks, adding in a few unexpected trips. had a real problem keeping focused. then we had mexico. i have been home for 3 weeks now, seem to get thru the week great, without any problems. then the weekends seem so much more difficult than they used to be. i think it is because i have maintained my loss, even down a few more pounds, ( 4 whole pounds since dec! lol) but without that scale moving it is so hard to do the packets!! i am happy that i can report no weight gain, and i know it is because of my perserverance during the week and the fact that even if it stray, i make wiser choices. but however, without the continuity of constant loss, it is harder and harder to stay on task. so i would not recommend many breaks if they can be helped...i had thought i wanted to move to phase 2, but have opted to stay on phase 1 for the time being. i just really need to have a full good week, get some results. my husband figures i should be motivated just because i never gained any back. i am happy about that but the 'attraction' seems to be gone from the diet. i wish i could find the motivation most of you are experiencing. i know its because i had it once, and you just cant get the same feeling back the second time round, thats what i think anyways!! so good luck all! maybe this will be the week i find some renewed motivation!
Sandrab is offline  
Old 02-15-2010, 07:32 PM   #221  
Senior Member
 
BlueMermaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 425

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by committed1 View Post
Quick Post...Happy Valentines Day!

I changed my VDay gifts this year to something NOT candy/chocolate/food related and it was awesome. No temptation at all.

But not the purpose for the thread...anyone else having pains under the rib cage? Its been going on for several days which conincides with me not being able to eat all my veggies....(just too full). I also traveled and ate some peanuts to avoid another more tempting, not on plan option. Not sure if those affected it or not. I have taken all my vitamins and been good about the salt.

Just wondering if any one else has experienced the pain or if it may be IP related. Its dull and annoying, worse when I eat, not enough to call a Dr, but enough for me to just want to rest and make it go away. No other symptoms (no gas, belching, pain anywhere else, etc).

On a happier note, I traveled to see some family who hasn't seen me since starting IP and everyone noticed my weight loss. Awesome feeling.
Is this on your right side under your rib cage? It could be your gall bladder. Lettuce and peanuts can irritate your gall bladder. You might want to call your coach tomorrow.
BlueMermaid is offline  
Old 02-15-2010, 07:35 PM   #222  
1/5/11
 
rachel13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pittsburg, KS
Posts: 149

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by motiv8edmama View Post
Rachel,
I believe we go to the same clinic. I had my consultation today and found out if two or more people are going through together you can save 10%, so I asked if a young Rachel comes in and she said there is a Rachel, do you go in Pittsburg? If so, we should go through together and save 10%. I have more thinking and advice to gather before making my final decision, a whole other matter entirely...
Wow what a small world! Yes, I goto the SEK Weight Loss Center here in Pittsburg. How exactly does the 10% work? I just ordered my choc. shakes (2 weeks worth) from Lindora.com. I have until this point been purchasing my food from the clinic but after realizing that I can save so much money ordering an identical product online I decided to go that way. I'm not sure they would even know I was no longer buying food from the clinic though. I would sometimes come in during the week and I'm not sure they keep track. If I could possibly do something to help you save the 10% I would. Just let me know for sure what you decide. This lifestyle isn't the easiest...BUT with such fast results it would be nearly impossible to beat. Good luck!
rachel13 is offline  
Old 02-15-2010, 07:36 PM   #223  
Senior Member
 
BlueMermaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 425

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by motiv8edmama View Post
Hello all!
I went to my consultation today...that was exciting. I believe Rachel and I go to the same clinic so hope she has some suggestions here.
I am soooo excited and motivated to do this. I discussed with the lady the troubles I have regarding the expense of the diet and asked what options I have. She said if I know someone else going through the clinic we can each save 10% and that other than the calcium/potassium vitamins, I can get the rest of the vitamins elsewhere. I shared with her that I have considered getting part of my products through IP and some through a more cost effective route. She told me the doctor would not monitor me if I were to do that, something to do with legality. This was a bummer for me as I don't know how on Earth I can pay the amount to do this all IP. As I have said earlier, I am commited through May to a gym and personal trainer and am contractually obligated, and I enjoy going, it is good for me. However, I have lost no weight. I have lost inches, not sure how much, my pants are so saggy and I can pull them on and off without undoing them, I feel better, etc. etc. I thought my husband was on board with this IP plan, even aware of the costs, knowing I was looking for a more affordable way to do this. After the consultatin, I talked to him and he said that I may be "jumping the gun", I told him I thought he wanted me to do this just like I wanted to. He does not see how we can afford this. (Our daughter is in a tutoring program that we pay for each week also, so we have a lot of other obligations, as I am sure many of you also have.) Now, I feel so alone in this and unsure and just don't know what to do. He said he thinks I am doing good going to the gym, I reminded him I have not shed one pound in almost a year. He really has nothing to say about that one, oh you know, maybe well, you know muscle weighs more than fat. Sorry for the long post and I am sure some of my spelling is off. I needed to vent and would like any suggestions any of you may have. I want to do this soooo badly that this has put me in the temporary dumps.

By the way...
You all have been doing amazing at shedding those pounds and the inches...WOW!!
Has anyone heard of Medifast? I work with a girl that says it is along the same lines as IP and her and her husband do it because it is cheaper. They order it off the internet. I have not looked into it but those of you looking for a lower cost alternative might want to google it.
BlueMermaid is offline  
Old 02-15-2010, 07:40 PM   #224  
Started Ip on 12/19/09
 
Eastcoastmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 48

S/C/G: 189/148/130

Height: 5'5"

Default

Yum - Yum! Just made the taco recipe and it was wonderful. I added some of my salt for the day.

Tried the turnip fries yesterday and they didn't turn out so good. Not sure what I did wrong.

Way to go Wagnomore! You are almost there. You must be so excited! Proud of you!

I exercised before I began the program so I have continued to exercise since the beginning. I do have to be careful not to over do it. It helps me in a few ways. I drink alot more water when I do. The days I don't exercise it is hard to get all the water in. I think it helps keep things moving if you know what I mean. I have on occasion had an extra protein on days I have exercised if I am super tired. It really helps.
Eastcoastmama is offline  
Old 02-15-2010, 07:42 PM   #225  
Junior Member
 
morgkell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1

S/C/G: 247/216/170

Height: 5' 6"

Default I'm new here

Hi all - just found this site - great!!! Nice to talk to others doing the IP program. Started Jan 12 and have lost 27 pounds so far. Do need to start exercising though. Finding I'm having a hard time liking the soup and eggs. Any ideas how to fix up the soup so it's more palatable?
morgkell is offline  
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ideal Protein Monthly Chat -February torchlaker Ideal Protein Diet 534 02-12-2010 01:37 PM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:57 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.