Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 09:56 PM   #316  
Started Ip on 12/19/09

S/C/G: 189/148/130

Height: 5'5"

Everyone is posting such great numbers. Keep up the super job! I hope I can post a big loss this week too.
I am going to go drink some water!
Old 02-16-2010, 11:44 PM   #317  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
I have a friend that has been on the program as long as I have. That would be 5 weeks. The last few days everything she eats is going through her like water if you know what I mean. I told her I would check with you other IP'ers and see if you have experienced this or know what may be causing it. I am not sure if her coach is going to know.
I personally haven't had this issue but I have read about it. It seems it can be a side effect for some. I haven't read why. I have also read that if the person had irritable bowel or other bowel disorders it could make them more prone to this. She really should talk to her coach or the doctor in charge of monitoring this program.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:08 AM   #318  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Hey Rachel - sure I'm always up for a competition When do you need to lose your 15 lbs by? I have a month to get off that 10 so I think it's do-able! I had originally set my goal at 25 lbs but Showgirlaz convinced me to up it to 35 and I'm glad she did because it's been keeping me motivated to stay strict and focused. (and who doesn't want to be 35 lbs lighter at their birthday!)
I need to lose 15 more lbs by Mar. 17th because I'm going to be in a wedding and I'm trying to prove something to a family member that said "There is no way anyone could lose weight on THAT diet (meaning IP) so they will have no choice but to believe me when i show up 26 lbs. lighter since they saw me at Christmas.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:21 AM   #319  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post
Thanks!

The two packet issue is interesting, I was just having that conversation with my coach this morning. She was gone last week when I had my slow week and asked how things went this week. I told her I felt like I needed another packet and so most days I increased it to 4. There were a couple of 3 days, just depended on what I felt my body needed. She said that was a good plan for now and then mentioned how she has had clients who come in and say they can't figure out why they aren't losing when they are only having 2 packs a day. She said the body needs fuel to work and burn efficiently and when we restrict it too much it rebels. Just found it interesting that it coincided with the most recent topics here.
This definitely makes sense because on my second week I didn't eat and "forbidden" foods but did not eat all my veggies or packets and the scale didn't move one way or the other.. oh and I have a problem with getting all my water in.. I don't mind drinking water I just forget.. does anyone have any suggestions? Also, you all have convinced me to start having a 3rd packet in the evenings or some extra protein like a boiled egg. We will see what happens this week on the scale.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:14 AM   #320  

S/C/G: 159/131.5/115

Height: 5'2"

Hi,

So I just started the ideal protein diet 8 days ago, and I have to say, it is pretty amazing. I am not losing as much weight as I would have liked, but 6# is still 6#. My pants are already feeling looser! And my appetite and cravings are almost non-existent.

I am aiming to lose the rest of my 34# by my birthday in May. Any tips? Does it even sound plausible?

Last edited by Sarkbait; 02-17-2010 at 04:22 AM.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:57 AM   #321  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
I need to lose 15 more lbs by Mar. 17th because I'm going to be in a wedding and I'm trying to prove something to a family member that said "There is no way anyone could lose weight on THAT diet (meaning IP) so they will have no choice but to believe me when i show up 26 lbs. lighter since they saw me at Christmas.
You hang in there Rachel and prove that naysayer wrong. I don't understand how people think they know what the diet is about without trying it for themselves. I have a few people I work with who are wishing they had never sad anything about the diet. You go girl!
Old 02-17-2010, 07:01 AM   #322  

Quote:
This definitely makes sense because on my second week I didn't eat and "forbidden" foods but did not eat all my veggies or packets and the scale didn't move one way or the other.. oh and I have a problem with getting all my water in.. I don't mind drinking water I just forget.. does anyone have any suggestions? Also, you all have convinced me to start having a 3rd packet in the evenings or some extra protein like a boiled egg. We will see what happens this week on the scale.
I drink about 100 oz of water a day. I start the morning with a glass I know holds 16 oz and fill it up and drink all of it to replenish my hydration I lost over night. Then at work I have a liter water bottle that I fill up and sit on my desk. I make sure I drink it before lunch and then do the same for the afternoon. I have had such a dry mouth though that I usually end up drinking a 3rd bottle through the day. I then drink water in the evening but don't worry about measuring it because I already have over 64 oz plus enough water to cover my coffee consumption in the morning. When I am home and I have to pay a little more attention that I drink my water.

Last edited by BlueMermaid; 02-17-2010 at 07:02 AM.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:07 AM   #323  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarkbait View Post
Hi,

So I just started the ideal protein diet 8 days ago, and I have to say, it is pretty amazing. I am not losing as much weight as I would have liked, but 6# is still 6#. My pants are already feeling looser! And my appetite and cravings are almost non-existent.

I am aiming to lose the rest of my 34# by my birthday in May. Any tips? Does it even sound plausible?
Hi Sarkbait, welcome aboard. 6 lbs is terrific for your 1st week. I think 34 lbs is doable by May. My plan was to lose 55 lbs by May and I think I am on track to do so. It may not be May 1st but anywhere before June 1st will be fine with me. I calculated my losses to be 3 lbs a week and even though I had a week where I did not lose 3, the other weeks have made up for it. Try to stay away from the restricted IP packets for awhile unless you get bored. Don't deviate from the plan if you can help it. Drink all the water!
Old 02-17-2010, 07:11 AM   #324  

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
I personally haven't had this issue but I have read about it. It seems it can be a side effect for some. I haven't read why. I have also read that if the person had irritable bowel or other bowel disorders it could make them more prone to this. She really should talk to her coach or the doctor in charge of monitoring this program.
Thanks Carla! I was hoping to hear from you.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:28 AM   #325  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Hi, Rachel. Keep up the good work! The way I remember my water is I fill up a 64-oz. water bottle first thing in the morning. I also measure out my 1 teaspoon of salt into a small bowl. I try to drink a 14 oz. glass with each meal and IP snack. After dinner if I have any salt left in the bowl I mix it into a couple ounces of the water and drink it down like medicine. Then at bedtime I take my last 2 liquid calcium capsules with the remainder of the water. You can always drink more water. But if you do, prepare to get up more frequently at night to use the bathroom.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:36 AM   #326  

S/C/G: 220/218/170

Height: 5'7

Blue mermaid and want2run great losses this week!!! Keep it up!!

Rachel I know you can lose those 15 lbs and prove all those haters wrong!

Sarkbait, welcome and congrats on 6lbs, that's awesome!!

If I missed anybody I'm sorry. I can't believe the amount of posts since I was on yesterday! Great job to everyone out there who is making this work for them. Hopefully tonight I have a decent number as well.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:31 AM   #327  

S/C/G: 264/250/135

I had my weigh in after my third week yesterday and I am down 17.6 lbs. Yeah! I can start eating restricted foods now and I was wondering have any of you seen a bigger weight loss by eating fewer restricted foods or does one a day have no effect? Thanks for any info.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:48 AM   #328  

To get my water in (I drink over 100oz) I fill four 32oz water bottles first thing in the morning and they go with me to work. I try to drink at least one before lunch. It helps me to have it all measured out in the morning and then I know where I am.

Hotmamatobe: The restricted bars don't seem to affect me one way or the other, but everyone is different and there are differing opinions. I think you just have to try them out and find what works for you.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:34 AM   #329  

S/C/G: 264/250/135

I had another question if anyone could help me with it. Does it matter if you have your vegies with you lunch or a couple hours later as a snack? Does it affect weight loss?
Old 02-17-2010, 10:38 AM   #330  
Brenda1980

S/C/G: 164/139/130

Height: 5'6"

I wish that negative people who try to keep us down could just keep their opinions to themselves. Rachel- I hope that the punk who told you it wasn't possible has to pick his/her jaw up off the floor when they see you in a few weeks!
Closed Thread