Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 11:49 AM   #421  

S/C/G: 191.5/170/140

Height: 5 ft 5 in

I think the comparison sheet is a great idea. I don't plan on using other brands until I reach my goal weight but I'll probably always use one of the protein shakes for breakfast and emergencies. It would be wonderful to have one sheet that compared all the nutritional info.

Last edited by shelleydar; 02-18-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:53 AM   #422  

S/C/G: 220/218/170

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlescda View Post
Hi everyone....Wow some really good posts on here over the last few days. Is anyone aware if there is a place online or here at 3FC's that compares other products (in one document) to the IP products? I'm making all these notes and trying to keep track. I could make a summary/spreadsheet and post on here for quick view. This may be helpful for those who are on a tighter budget. I'm thinking items that can be purchased at places like Walmart/Zellers/Pharmacies/Shoprite/Costco/Sam's (sorry not sure of exact store names in the US). If you have found other items and have their nutritional values....post on here and I'll compile from old posts what I can find.

Congratulations to those of you who have lost pounds this week!!

Question. What is NSV short for?

Wow, I've been eating quite a bit of brocolli and cauliflower....I didn't realize that these were "in moderation". My IP paperwork says I can have 2 cups of these twice daily.
NSV is non scale victory.

As far as broccolli and cauliflower go there seems to be a couple different views. I am VERY picky with vegetables, in fact I only like broccolli, cauliflower and corn (which is a no-no). The 2 weeks I had my best losses I ate only those 2 vegetables everyday. So i think it may be how your body reacts to them. These last 2 weeks I haven't been getting in my vegetables everyday and my weight loss slowed.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:55 AM   #423  

S/C/G: 191.4/160.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Hi everyone....Wow some really good posts on here over the last few days. Is anyone aware if there is a place online or here at 3FC's that compares other products (in one document) to the IP products? I'm making all these notes and trying to keep track. I could make a summary/spreadsheet and post on here for quick view. This may be helpful for those who are on a tighter budget. I'm thinking items that can be purchased at places like Walmart/Zellers/Pharmacies/Shoprite/Costco/Sam's (sorry not sure of exact store names in the US). If you have found other items and have their nutritional values....post on here and I'll compile from old posts what I can find.

Congratulations to those of you who have lost pounds this week!!

Question. What is NSV short for?

Wow, I've been eating quite a bit of brocolli and cauliflower....I didn't realize that these were "in moderation". My IP paperwork says I can have 2 cups of these twice daily.
I think this sounds like a great idea skittlescda. I'm overwhelmed with all of the info and if I could get all the comparisons in one document, that would be extremely helpful. I can't believe how fast the veggies disappear and with four boys to feed on top of my IP products and veggies, it gets tight. Besides that, I'm sucker for a spreadsheet.
Thanks for the pudding feedback. I'll try the banana pudding as a shake. I'm hopeful. . .what shake can be bad?
Old 02-18-2010, 12:03 PM   #424  
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma View Post
Hello everyone! Wow - I have been gone for a few days and couldn't believe the amount of posts that are flying on here! Awesome!!!

Took family day off from work and have been paying for it all week with a major backlog of crap!!! So have been working late everyday to try and catch up! Totally exhausted!

But on to a much happier topic........ I weighed in yesterday and dropped another 4.5 lbs!!! Making it a total of 27.5 lbs since January 2!!!

Also had my coach measure me for first time since I began the program and have lost 15.75 inches from my body! Sooooooo happy with that!

Really gives me the boost I need to keep on keeping on!

Have a great day everyone! The weekend is almost here!
Congratulations! Keep up the great work. Give us an example of your daily menu, some of us need encouragement. TIA.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:17 PM   #425  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alihal View Post
I was thinking about doing the egg white thing. My mom mentioned "egg beaters" to me that you can buy in shoprite already mixed in a carton, but I'm not sure if they are ok...
I bought two packages of those liquid egg cartons. one is an original flavor and cost 1.50 the other is egg whites and cost 2.29 - they are both 500g or 2 cups each. of course there are other flavors like south west and so on. i just wanted to buy a couple and take them home to compare to the IP scrambled eggs - which cost 3.86 and makes approx a 1/2 cup serving (add 4 oz of water).

here's the basic nutritional info for 1/2 cup of each product (so we're comparing apples to apples):
IP eggs/Egg white/original creations
Calories 100/ 60/ 60
Fat(g) .7/ 0/ 0
cholesterol mg 1/ 0/ 0
carbs g 3/ 0 / 2
sugars 0/ 0 / 0
Protein g 20/ 14/ 14 g
Cost (for 1/2 cup) $3.86/ .70/ .38

So - I'm not buying the IP eggs anymore - and i was having them everyday for breakfast. This morning I had 3/4 of a cup of the orginal egg beaters - that works out to - a bigger serving of food for 90 calories, 21 g of protein and 3 carbs - almost exactly the same as the IP eggs. $.56 as compared to $3.86. That's $23/week and $99/month of savings!!

Last edited by Mom22; 02-18-2010 at 12:23 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:24 PM   #426  
RJC

S/C/G: 250/235/225

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom22 View Post
That's $23/week and $99/month of savings!!

Nice!
Old 02-18-2010, 12:51 PM   #427  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma View Post
But on to a much happier topic........ I weighed in yesterday and dropped another 4.5 lbs!!! Making it a total of 27.5 lbs since January 2!!!

Also had my coach measure me for first time since I began the program and have lost 15.75 inches from my body! Sooooooo happy with that!

Really gives me the boost I need to keep on keeping on!

Have a great day everyone! The weekend is almost here!
Hey Mystical - Well Done!! Congrats on the weight loss and inches!!

You're doing amazing, keep it up
Old 02-18-2010, 01:29 PM   #428  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post
congrats on your weight loss Alihal! And your NSV!!!!! It really is nice when others notice. Regarding the trying of other products. IP is expensive, but it does work. Just remember that if you find you aren't losing weight by trying other methods you can always go back. That goes for everyone actually. I've successfully been substituting a cup of egg whites with my owne herbs in and still have been losing weight.
I think you point out a superb way of looking at it doing alternatives, Ogdog -- if it doesn't work you can always go back.

By the way, I just completed my first week on the diet, using solely alternatives. As Ogdog has pointed out before, we vegetarians won't lose weight as fast due to the dearth of carb-free proteins available for our evening meal. Still, I just finished my first week and lost 8 lbs. I'm pretty happy with that.

Last edited by Birman; 02-18-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:41 PM   #429  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alihal View Post
Blue mermaid, Ogdog13 and Libbyshims thank you for the support!!

Libbyshims I am sure you have have a great number tonight when you get on the scale!!

Ogdog13 I tried the chocolate EAS edge shake today. It was different from IP's. I think it was a little more watered down....kind of reminded me of yoo-hoo, definitely enjoyable though. I will be going out to get more of these especially since it is about 1/4 of the price. Let me know what you think if you decide to try them and I was thinking about doing the egg white thing. My mom mentioned "egg beaters" to me that you can buy in shoprite already mixed in a carton, but I'm not sure if they are ok...
Just look at what the calorie/protein content of egg beaters is and give yourself as close to 120 calories is and whatever the protein content is for IP eggs. Sorry, I don't know anymore. I use a cup of egg whites, you may only need 1/2 cup of egg beaters.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:47 PM   #430  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Quote:
Hi everyone....Wow some really good posts on here over the last few days. Is anyone aware if there is a place online or here at 3FC's that compares other products (in one document) to the IP products? I'm making all these notes and trying to keep track. I could make a summary/spreadsheet and post on here for quick view. This may be helpful for those who are on a tighter budget.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...-diet-faq.html

I have taken the time to put together most of Lindora and New Life Style Diet and Matol foods into pdfs. I think that I even posted IP foods. It is up to you to print and compare.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:10 PM   #431  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Ogdog13

You have put alot of work into that and it's really helpful and always good to post here every once in a while what you've compiled so to direct newbies to this very useful info. Thanks a bunch :-)
One thing for Canadians....Lindora does not ship to Canada and I have know idea if you can purchase their product here or not. If anyone knows...please post for us.
Thanks
Trish

Last edited by skittlescda; 02-18-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:12 PM   #432  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom22 View Post
I bought two packages of those liquid egg cartons. one is an original flavor and cost 1.50 the other is egg whites and cost 2.29 - they are both 500g or 2 cups each. of course there are other flavors like south west and so on. i just wanted to buy a couple and take them home to compare to the IP scrambled eggs - which cost 3.86 and makes approx a 1/2 cup serving (add 4 oz of water).

here's the basic nutritional info for 1/2 cup of each product (so we're comparing apples to apples):
IP eggs/Egg white/original creations
Calories 100/ 60/ 60
Fat(g) .7/ 0/ 0
cholesterol mg 1/ 0/ 0
carbs g 3/ 0 / 2
sugars 0/ 0 / 0
Protein g 20/ 14/ 14 g
Cost (for 1/2 cup) $3.86/ .70/ .38

So - I'm not buying the IP eggs anymore - and i was having them everyday for breakfast. This morning I had 3/4 of a cup of the orginal egg beaters - that works out to - a bigger serving of food for 90 calories, 21 g of protein and 3 carbs - almost exactly the same as the IP eggs. $.56 as compared to $3.86. That's $23/week and $99/month of savings!!
Thanks for the info!!! You really do your research. I think this is the way I will be going from now on, thank you so much!!
Old 02-18-2010, 02:21 PM   #433  

Height: 5'4"

The Ideal Protein Protocol clearly states on the Phase 1 Dieter Handout:
You need 3 IP packs per day. Also in your initial set up, your coach should have tolds you that adding an additional pack per day the first week was ok to get you through your hardest week. You need to take your snack before bed to keep feeding your body....you lose weight through the night and from dinner to breakfast you are not feeding yourself if you skip the last pack!
Ideal Protein is not a high protein diet....it is the, if followed, "ideal" amount of protein.

Ideal Protein does cost money...but so did all the food you took in to become overweight. If you chose Ideal Protein, follow the program and the health and weightloss benefits are fast and lasting.

I also do not like all the products but the good thing is that they are only different flavors... the protein count is similar regardless of the pack/flavor you pick. So you can succeed on just the chocolate drink.

If your coaches or clinics are not telling you what you need to know or offering inv. packs vs boxes...CHANGE CLINICS...Diets are hard work and you need the coaching and all the support you can get.

Keep focused and rememner it's only for a few months out of your life! (for me about a year) You Can Do It !!!!!!!!!
Old 02-18-2010, 02:25 PM   #434  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birman View Post
By the way, I just completed my first week on the diet, using solely alternatives. As Ogdog has pointed out before, we vegetarians won't lose weight as fast due to the dearth of carb-free proteins available for our evening meal. Still, I just finished my first week and lost 8 lbs. I'm pretty happy with that.
8lbs way to go!!!!! And on all alternatives! Now I have more confidence that I will be able to do this without breaking the bank!
Old 02-18-2010, 02:37 PM   #435  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
It was good in my opinion ! I think I may like the chocolate better though. Definitely worth the $6
how did the vanilla taste compared to the i.p. vanilla? That is the only kind I drink.
Closed Thread