Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 04:54 PM   #361  

This is day 9 for me.... and I don't feel so well. I am so sleepy and have absolutely no energy. What am I doing wrong? I am sticking to the diet, though. Will this pass? Have lost about 6 pounds, probably more by now, but I need to feel better. Any advice?
Old 02-17-2010, 04:59 PM   #362  
Brenda1980

S/C/G: 164/139/130

Height: 5'6"

Default Soy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
It made me laugh to read your post because the punk is my grandpa! He is constantly researching medical things online and he is very unhappy about the soy in these products. That is an issue that I have ran across on this blog. Is this the kind of soy that is harmful or is said to be such? If so, why is no one worried?
Sorry, Rachel. I didn't mean to insult your grandpa So, someone in my information session asked the IP rep about the soy because he was concerned. The rep said that since the soy product in the IP foods is all soy isolate, or soy protein, the portion of the soy bean that has everyone up in arms about health effects is not even an issue because it's discarded in the soy protein extraction process. Hope that helps. Besides, this is only a short-term thing. Although you'll likely change the overall way you eat for the long-term, it's only short-term (a few months, tops) that you're having 3 portions of the soy or milk whey protein per day. I think the people experiencing some of the bad side effects of soy are people who have incorporated it into their diet regularly over a much longer period of time.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:02 PM   #363  
Started Ip on 12/19/09

S/C/G: 189/148/130

Height: 5'5"

Litegirl -
Make sure you get enough protein and the vitamins. My coach said it is ok to eat an extra protein packet sometimes. I have from time to time, especially if I have been extra busy or exercised lots. Make sure you are drinking all the water too.
[/url]

Last edited by Eastcoastmama; 02-17-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:08 PM   #364  

Eastcoastmama -
Thanks for responding. I do the 3 protein packs every day and sometimes a protein bar. I am taking the vitamins like I am suppposed to. I could do better about the water. We were told not to exercise during this phase of the weight loss so I am not actively exercising. Maybe, I'm not getting the right vegetables; however, I eat a lot of green leafy ones. How did you feel the 1st and 2nd weeks on the program?
Old 02-17-2010, 05:14 PM   #365  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteGirl View Post
Eastcoastmama -
Thanks for responding. I do the 3 protein packs every day and sometimes a protein bar. I am taking the vitamins like I am suppposed to. I could do better about the water. We were told not to exercise during this phase of the weight loss so I am not actively exercising. Maybe, I'm not getting the right vegetables; however, I eat a lot of green leafy ones. How did you feel the 1st and 2nd weeks on the program?
Regarding fatigue you may have an imbalance in your blood electrolytes (magnesium, sodium & potassium). You may want to increase your potassium pills to 2 a day for 3 days and use your sea salt liberally. Are you getting all your sea salt? Have you tried increasing your potassium yet?

Last edited by jordanna; 02-17-2010 at 05:15 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:19 PM   #366  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Regarding fatigue you may have an imbalance in your blood electrolytes (magnesium, sodium & potassium). You may want to increase your potassium pills to 2 a day for 3 days and use your sea salt liberally. Are you getting all your sea salt? Have you tried increasing your potassium yet?
I will try increasing my potassium. I had been wondering if my potassium was low. I may not be using enuf sea salt, but will use more. Thanks for your reply, I am now encouraged. I was beginning to think that I could not sustain this another week. I will give it a try. Thanks again.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:22 PM   #367  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteGirl View Post
I will try increasing my potassium. I had been wondering if my potassium was low. I may not be using enuf sea salt, but will use more. Thanks for your reply, I am now encouraged. I was beginning to think that I could not sustain this another week. I will give it a try. Thanks again.
It seems foreign because we've always heard "stay away from salt" but you MUST have at least 1/2 a tsp of sea salt per day Sometimes more if you're feeling fatigued or light headed.

Upping your potassium for 2-3 days should help as well

I hope that works
Old 02-17-2010, 05:30 PM   #368  
Brenda1980

I am not sure how anyone could NOT drink enough water on this protocol. I am thirsty ALL THE TIME. I am half way through my third liter for the day.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:43 PM   #369  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenda1980 View Post
Sorry, Rachel. I didn't mean to insult your grandpa So, someone in my information session asked the IP rep about the soy because he was concerned. The rep said that since the soy product in the IP foods is all soy isolate, or soy protein, the portion of the soy bean that has everyone up in arms about health effects is not even an issue because it's discarded in the soy protein extraction process. Hope that helps. Besides, this is only a short-term thing. Although you'll likely change the overall way you eat for the long-term, it's only short-term (a few months, tops) that you're having 3 portions of the soy or milk whey protein per day. I think the people experiencing some of the bad side effects of soy are people who have incorporated it into their diet regularly over a much longer period of time.
No worries, I wasn't offended, just amused. I am going to save this post and show him over spring break so he can quit worrying. Actually I am going to email it to him right now so he can rest easy knowing I am not going to die from soy poisoning anytime soon! Thanks for the great info!!
Old 02-17-2010, 05:49 PM   #370  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenda1980 View Post
I am not sure how anyone could NOT drink enough water on this protocol. I am thirsty ALL THE TIME. I am half way through my third liter for the day.
Hi, Brenda, believe it or not, I am never thirsty. I have to force myself to drink the 64 required ounces. Then I have to get up twice a night to use the bathroom. I almost never had to get up during the night before this diet. I'm sure it's doing me a lot of good to drink the water though.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:52 PM   #371  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Hi, Brenda, believe it or not, I am never thirsty. I have to force myself to drink the 64 required ounces. Then I have to get up twice a night to use the bathroom. I almost never had to get up during the night before this diet. I'm sure it's doing me a lot of good to drink the water though.
Bev - I have to try to get all my water in before about 7pm or I'm up twice in the night too...it drives me crazy I'm personally trying to get in over 100 oz a day so some days its super challenging to get it in before 7 every night!!
Old 02-17-2010, 06:00 PM   #372  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post
Week 11 weigh-in this morning...down 8.4lbs from last week..YAHOO!!

Last week I went up .4# and was frustrated but not going to give up, and look what happened.

I have read all the posts from Monday and wanted to comment to those who are rducing their packets to 2 a day; I hope you are adding in the equivalent calories/protein in another way. If you are not careful, your body may begin to think you are starving it and it will hold on for dear life to what ever amount of weight you are trying to lose. Just be careful!
that is sooo awesome! congrats on the big loss!
Old 02-17-2010, 06:01 PM   #373  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
I was thinking I was going to have another 1 lb loss week. I went down 3.6 lbs so I was pleased. I don't know if I will ever see a 5 lb loss again but I like 3 lbs a week gone.
great loss! Congrats!!
Old 02-17-2010, 06:43 PM   #374  
Brenda1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Human beings are so complex. It's amazing to me how the exact same diet can affect us each so differently.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:53 PM   #375  

S/C/G: 161/150.5/130

Height: 5 ft 4 in

Default First day!!

HI all!! Today is my first day on IP! I'm proud of myself for making this committment but boy it's gonna be challenging I get so inspired by all of these posts! Wish me luck!! 8 hours in and so far so good!
Closed Thread