Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 07:33 PM   #376  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteGirl View Post
This is day 9 for me.... and I don't feel so well. I am so sleepy and have absolutely no energy. What am I doing wrong? I am sticking to the diet, though. Will this pass? Have lost about 6 pounds, probably more by now, but I need to feel better. Any advice?
I am finishing day 6 and this is the only concern I have. I thought I'd be so energetic by now. 9 pounds lost-- should be filled with energy BUT instead I am feeling tired. I lose my steam pretty early in the day and struggle to not just lie down the rest of the day. I will try more potassium and be deligent about the salt as others have suggested. I just wanted you to know I feel the same. I see the doctor tomorrow and will ask about it. I am hoping it's all part of the adjustment and will disappear as we lose pounds and get healthier. Aren't good carbs energy food? Maybe it's about eating less carbs?
Old 02-17-2010, 07:59 PM   #377  
IP start 1/11/2010

S/C/G: 226.6/176/140

Height: 5' 2"

Default Lettuce Shmettuce!

So I'm at the end of week 5 and had been doing really well, but this week has been a serious struggle for me. It was my TOM last week and so I figured I'd have a big loss this week, but my scale at home just isn't budging! I don't go into my clinic until Friday so I'm hoping some of you have some advice. I am so sick of salads that the mere thought of having one induces vomit to rise in the back of my throat. My coach really pushes the lettuce and expects us to get two salads a day. I'm lucky if I get one and this week I've probably only had two all week. I'm afraid that might be showing on the scale. Anyone have any input on this?
The only other thing I've done differently is I've started the 30 Day Challenge on the EA Sports Active on the Wii. Each day is only about a 30 minute workout and burns around 200 calories. I had been walking and doing an hour water aerobics class for the past 2-3 weeks so the Wii wasn't the first exercise I've done since starting the diet. I know my coach will give me some great feedback, but I love to hear what you all are experiencing.
Please share any advice you may have! I know we had a lettuce/salad discussion in previous threads, but recently my coach really started pushing the lettuce. Thank you all and great job to everyone on the great losses!
Old 02-17-2010, 08:07 PM   #378  

S/C/G: 208.4/195.8/140

Hi everyone! Thanks for all the suggestions about the chicken soup. I am not sure I am ready to try it just yet.

Today was day 2 and it was rough. I had the IP jello for breakfast and plenty of water, then for lunch I had some lettuce and broccoli and mushrooms and a bowl of the IP banana pudding. Well, I started out okay with the pudding, but by the end of the bowl, I thought I was going to gag. The aftertaste was so extreme for me. Yuck.

So the rest of the afternoon I felt like I was going to throw up and at one point I almost did, but luckily I got outside in the 35 degree weather to get some air. So, I came home and ate some chicken and cauliflower for dinner and I feel a lot better. However, there is no way I can eat the chicken soup or pudding again any time soon...ugh, I almost gag just thinking about it.
So, I guess it is chocolate shakes for me...I will have to stop by and get some more I guess or use one of the other brands I have read about on here. I can't wait to move to using the bars...the whole liquid meal is just not doing it for me! I think the texture and smell of the soup and pudding just added to my overall disgust!

Anyone else have to just use one product during the first 2-3 weeks because you didn't like the others? I hate buying a whole box just to find out I don't like it. Although, my coach said that they would probably be starting a packet swap program, so I can try to exchange them then perhaps.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:10 PM   #379  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Hiya everyone - has anyone used shirataki noodles before? I just got some in the mail and I'm wondering if anyone has any good recipes to fit with IP?

FYI: Shiritaki Noodles are 0 Calorie 0 Carb 0 Fat noodles
I bought the miracle noodles, the angel hair pasta. They are good in stir fry and good as a filler in the chili. My coach is the one that recommended them to me. They are 0 carbs, 0 calories, 0 fat. I think they are like a tough ramen noodle. You need to cook them with something they can absorb the flavor of. We have eaten them about 4 times. Go to miraclenoodle.com for these.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:18 PM   #380  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
I bought the miracle noodles, the angel hair pasta. They are good in stir fry and good as a filler in the chili. My coach is the one that recommended them to me. They are 0 carbs, 0 calories, 0 fat. I think they are like a tough ramen noodle. You need to cook them with something they can absorb the flavor of. We have eaten them about 4 times. Go to miraclenoodle.com for these.
Hey BlueMermaid, I got mine from Miracle Noodle too, they aren't bad. I made them "Mr. Noodles" style and they were a bit too chewy for my liking. I think they'd be much better in a stir fry or something, I'm going to try that next time.

For anyone interested I wrote a full review of them on my blog - link listed below
Old 02-17-2010, 08:28 PM   #381  

S/C/G: 170/143/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyva View Post
Hi everyone! Thanks for all the suggestions about the chicken soup. I am not sure I am ready to try it just yet.

Today was day 2 and it was rough. I had the IP jello for breakfast and plenty of water, then for lunch I had some lettuce and broccoli and mushrooms and a bowl of the IP banana pudding. Well, I started out okay with the pudding, but by the end of the bowl, I thought I was going to gag. The aftertaste was so extreme for me. Yuck.

So the rest of the afternoon I felt like I was going to throw up and at one point I almost did, but luckily I got outside in the 35 degree weather to get some air. So, I came home and ate some chicken and cauliflower for dinner and I feel a lot better. However, there is no way I can eat the chicken soup or pudding again any time soon...ugh, I almost gag just thinking about it.
So, I guess it is chocolate shakes for me...I will have to stop by and get some more I guess or use one of the other brands I have read about on here. I can't wait to move to using the bars...the whole liquid meal is just not doing it for me! I think the texture and smell of the soup and pudding just added to my overall disgust!

Anyone else have to just use one product during the first 2-3 weeks because you didn't like the others? I hate buying a whole box just to find out I don't like it. Although, my coach said that they would probably be starting a packet swap program, so I can try to exchange them then perhaps.

My husband and I are both on IP...we LOVE the omelette mix. I have one at least 3x a week. We are on week 2. I take red and green peppers and saute them for a few minutes with some PAM and then pour in the omelette mix. I find that my favorite 'meal' from IP. I also start the day with the cappuccino drink that I mix in a Bullet Blender and add some cinnamon. It is great. Hang in there. I think you and I must have similar tastes in food. I told you about the soup, and I have a hard time with the puddings. Although, again, I have added some cinnemon to the vanilla and that isn't too bad.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:45 PM   #382  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Hiya everyone - has anyone used shirataki noodles before? I just got some in the mail and I'm wondering if anyone has any good recipes to fit with IP?

FYI: Shiritaki Noodles are 0 Calorie 0 Carb 0 Fat noodles
Old 02-17-2010, 08:49 PM   #383  

Quote:

I did not like the soup either. The banana and lemon pudding don't taste good to me but the vanilla and butterscotch puddings are pretty yummy. The premade vanilla drinks are good too.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:53 PM   #384  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritiki19 View Post
So I'm at the end of week 5 and had been doing really well, but this week has been a serious struggle for me. It was my TOM last week and so I figured I'd have a big loss this week, but my scale at home just isn't budging! I don't go into my clinic until Friday so I'm hoping some of you have some advice. I am so sick of salads that the mere thought of having one induces vomit to rise in the back of my throat. My coach really pushes the lettuce and expects us to get two salads a day. I'm lucky if I get one and this week I've probably only had two all week. I'm afraid that might be showing on the scale. Anyone have any input on this?
The only other thing I've done differently is I've started the 30 Day Challenge on the EA Sports Active on the Wii. Each day is only about a 30 minute workout and burns around 200 calories. I had been walking and doing an hour water aerobics class for the past 2-3 weeks so the Wii wasn't the first exercise I've done since starting the diet. I know my coach will give me some great feedback, but I love to hear what you all are experiencing.
Please share any advice you may have! I know we had a lettuce/salad discussion in previous threads, but recently my coach really started pushing the lettuce. Thank you all and great job to everyone on the great losses!
I had TOM visit too and lost 1.6 lbs just the week before and did not think the scale was moving. I was feeling really crappy so I don't think I was in ketosis. I stopped the restricted IP items and it seemed to help me feel better. I usually only eat a salad at lunch because I am too full with 2 cups of vegetables at dinner and it seems to be working fine. Drink lots of water. I ended up losing 3.6 lbs to my surprise.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:54 PM   #385  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Quote:

The choc. shakes and bars are the only things I can tolerate. I don't usually have the bars unless I'm craving a sweet and I don't mind having the shakes 3 times a day because I like them. I feel picky on this diet because I've tried the eggs, the choc. pudding, vanilla pudding, and pomegranate drink and have found them all nasty. So that's why I stick with one thing. Just thought I would share my experience with you.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:01 PM   #386  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
I am finishing day 6 and this is the only concern I have. I thought I'd be so energetic by now. 9 pounds lost-- should be filled with energy BUT instead I am feeling tired. I lose my steam pretty early in the day and struggle to not just lie down the rest of the day. I will try more potassium and be deligent about the salt as others have suggested. I just wanted you to know I feel the same. I see the doctor tomorrow and will ask about it. I am hoping it's all part of the adjustment and will disappear as we lose pounds and get healthier. Aren't good carbs energy food? Maybe it's about eating less carbs?
I was really tired the first few weeks myself. I take 2 potassiums a day and feel much better as long as I maintain in ketosis. I was eating a restricted every day and think I was out of ketosis so I was really tired and headachey. I seem to feel much better.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:09 PM   #387  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
I was really tired the first few weeks myself. I take 2 potassiums a day and feel much better as long as I maintain in ketosis. I was eating a restricted every day and think I was out of ketosis so I was really tired and headachey. I seem to feel much better.
Thanks BlueMermaid - someone said something about taking the potassium at a specific time - I think it was in the evening. Do you know anything about this and is it ok to keep taking 2 potassiums a day or do I do it just until I have more energy?
Old 02-17-2010, 10:19 PM   #388  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteGirl View Post
This is day 9 for me.... and I don't feel so well. I am so sleepy and have absolutely no energy. What am I doing wrong? I am sticking to the diet, though. Will this pass? Have lost about 6 pounds, probably more by now, but I need to feel better. Any advice?
I felt the same way, even last week and I was into my third week. My coach just says to listen to your body, if you need to rest, do it. It didn't affect my weight loss.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:23 PM   #389  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritiki19 View Post
I love THIS!!!!!!! <<< I am so sick of salads that the mere thought of having one induces vomit to rise in the back of my throat.>>> Seriously, I just sat here and laughed my head off. I feel the same exact way!!!!!!!
Old 02-17-2010, 10:37 PM   #390  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Thanks BlueMermaid - someone said something about taking the potassium at a specific time - I think it was in the evening. Do you know anything about this and is it ok to keep taking 2 potassiums a day or do I do it just until I have more energy?
I have been taking one potassium in the morning and one in the evening. I took 2 in the 1st week because of cramps but then I read about taking 2 for fatigue and I just have kept taking them. There is only 22% of the DV in the potassium supplement. I am kind of shocked at how much calcium this diet has. The supplements have 91% of the DV taken as directed, by adding the second potassium, it is 111%.

Here is the exerpt in the Fatigue section of my dieter handout.
Electrolyte Imbalance: The two most common problems here are low sodium and low potassium. If the first two issues have been addressed (low blood pressure and low blood sugar) and fatigue still persists, the dieter should increase their potassium to 2 tablets per day for a couple of days and again, use the sea-salt liberally.
Closed Thread