Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 04:15 PM   #286  
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

This is work in progress for sure...and I'm learning as I move forward but not giving up!!
Congratulations to everyone who has had another good week and to those that are struggling.....just take it one day at a time and remember your goal. If it takes a little longer getting there.....so what, the struggles we go through now will be learning lessons for us when we've reached our goal and go into maintenance!![/QUOTE]

Thanks Skittles, I needed to realize that I am "learning lessons" as I struggle to reach my goal. One lesson I have learned is that my stomach has shrunk and even when I try to eat a huge plate of something "bad" I just can't finish it. So I am automatically eating less than I used to before IP.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:15 PM   #287  
IP Start Date: 12/16/09

S/C/G: 145/124/120

Height: 5' 2"

Hello Everyone,
I tried to catch up on Feb posts, congrats to everyone that has had weight lost successes, NSV, and welcome newbies!!

I had my weigh in today, and I'm down 2lbs. to 124lbs. My coach still has me on Phase 1 until next week. Some big NSV's for me have been getting through Valentine's Day with no candy!!! Also, I went clothes shopping for the first time (I was a 10 or 12 before depending on the brand) and loaded my cart with size 8's and they were all TOO BIG!!! I now wear a size 6 and can't tell you the last time I fit into that size. I cheated on Superbowl Sunday and have really had a hard time getting movtivated for the last few pounds. I'm gearing up for Phase 2, and am thinking I can do this! Get rid of your big clothes as soon as you grow out of them!!!

Stay Strong! The cheats are so not worth it!
Old 02-16-2010, 04:17 PM   #288  
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

Okay, here's another "lesson" I've learned.

You can "restart" IP in the middle of the day! Just 'cause you blew it for breakfast doesn't mean the rest of the day is ruined. Drink a big glass of water to "mark" your return to IP way of eating.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:18 PM   #289  
Brenda1980

S/C/G: 164/139/130

Height: 5'6"

I made some super yummy turnips this weekend if anyone is interested. I cut them thin like potato chips and sprayed a cookie sheet with olive oil and sprinkled them with cajun seasoned salt. Baked them on 400F for about 15minutes on each side. They were yummy- like some tasty combination of chips and french fries.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:20 PM   #290  
Brenda1980

S/C/G: 164/139/130

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up Six?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballmom5 View Post
Hello Everyone,
I tried to catch up on Feb posts, congrats to everyone that has had weight lost successes, NSV, and welcome newbies!!

I had my weigh in today, and I'm down 2lbs. to 124lbs. My coach still has me on Phase 1 until next week. Some big NSV's for me have been getting through Valentine's Day with no candy!!! Also, I went clothes shopping for the first time (I was a 10 or 12 before depending on the brand) and loaded my cart with size 8's and they were all TOO BIG!!! I now wear a size 6 and can't tell you the last time I fit into that size. I cheated on Superbowl Sunday and have really had a hard time getting movtivated for the last few pounds. I'm gearing up for Phase 2, and am thinking I can do this! Get rid of your big clothes as soon as you grow out of them!!!

Stay Strong! The cheats are so not worth it!
You rock, Miss size 6! I am proud of you!
Old 02-16-2010, 04:31 PM   #291  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Height: 5'5"

yummy brenda1980 those turnip chips sound great!!
Old 02-16-2010, 04:55 PM   #292  

Thanks Brenda1980! It has certainly not been easy, but the best thing, is that I am completely off my (psoriatic) arthritis medication!!!! I had an auto immune disorder, stuck to this diet pretty darn good, and have been 5 weeks without medication. Sugars are toxins to your body, mine was an example of that and I will have to live the rest of my life careful about what I eat. Not a bad trade off to live without those nasty meds!

Welcome to the boards!
Old 02-16-2010, 05:00 PM   #293  

What's everyone having for dinner tonight?? I'm having sweet & sour meatballs again because they're delicious. Tomorrow night I'm having Taco Lettuce cups...

Just thought we could share dinner ideas and maybe get some new I hadn't thought of!
Old 02-16-2010, 05:03 PM   #294  

wow baseballmom a size 6!!!!! that's amazing - Congratulations.

That must have felt great I can't wait until I can shop in a normal (non-plus sized store...nevermind a size 6!!)

Thanks for sharing your nsv!
Old 02-16-2010, 05:26 PM   #295  

S/C/G: 170/143/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyva View Post
Hello everyone! I am on day 1 of IP and doing okay so far. However, the chicken soup is not working for me! I can't eat it...

What options do I have to make it into a more palatable meal for lunch time? I don't want to waste the packets, but I can't eat it like a regular bowl of soup! I have looked at some of the recipes, but they all seem to be dinner options. I could probably handle it like a gravy almost, but I wanted to see what things you folks might suggest.

I think I am going to plan to just do the drinks for now, until I can have the restricted packets.
I agree about the soups--ick! However, I did put some soy sauce in mine and it tasted okay. I am pretty sure I won't be using it at lunch. My 'coach' said to try the packets as a gravy over meat. I guess the mushroom soup is good over chicken. My only issue is that right now (day 3 week 2) I am still trying to get the timing right with when I eat to maximize not being hungry. Right now, I will have a shake in the morning, an omlette with veggies for lunch, a protien for supper and then my last packet at night. I usually save it for when i watch TV as I am used to eating a giant bowl of butter popcorn! Hang in there!
Old 02-16-2010, 05:42 PM   #296  

Thanks jordanna, you are doing fantastic as well!!! You will be there soon enough!

Dinner Ideas-
shrimp cocktail (I use Heinz sugar free ketchup, horse radish, pepper and garlic powder as the dip and use it for my tomato serving) I also usually cut up a bell pepper and eat a salad with this.

Turkey Burgers with smothered mushrooms (just really in olive oil) and turnip fries
Pork Chops and Sauerkraut
Cabbage and Ham
Buffalo Chicken Salad (posted in recipes)
Taco Salad
Baked Fish and roasted asparagus
Grilled Shrimp and Veggies (I use my Pampered Chef grill pan)

That's all I can think of right now. I usually don't cook a different meal for myself than I do for my family. My DH has lost 10 pounds with the changes. He didn't have much to lose and is in the healthy range. Not fair, huh??

Tonight, I am craving a Chi Town dog like crazy, so I'll have the "healthy" hot dog, with some fixing's and a salad. I also posted a raspberry dressing using the IP jelly!
Old 02-16-2010, 05:44 PM   #297  

Oh, and I was doing the box of frozen spinach with my chicken soup, and I got to the point where it was making me gag! So, I'm done with soups. I now eat lots of veggies at lunch and finish with a pudding, puffs, nuts or a peach mango drink.

Last edited by baseballmom5; 02-16-2010 at 05:45 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:01 PM   #298  

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanycats View Post
Welcome! I have no clue what the HCG injection diet is....do tell. But I do know that with low carb diets when you switch to another low carb diet you won't see the dramatic first week or two losses. Even South Beach addresses that in the book as a possible reason someone has low numbers at first (first two weeks of south beach is really Atkins in disquise). So if HCG has anything to do with carbs......
But that said, I think you will like IP. It may be quicker than the one you are on now. Look at other people's losses to see what's possible!
Hi there toomanycats!

Here is one link that explains the HCG diet protocal: //wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_HCG_Diet_Protocol

I can tell you a few things about it:
-It's controversial (I've been doing it under a doctor's recommendation and care). I spent much time researching the pros and cons before deciding to do it.
-It can only be done for 40 days max but another course can be done (if needed) after 5-6 weeks
-Is very strict (500 calories a day) but shots DO make it so you are not hungry so it has been easy to stick to for me. The remaining calories come from burning your own fat.
-Drinking much water (about a gallon a day) is CRUCIAL, and since you are taking so much water in, the theory is you are actually losing actual fat and not water.
-Some people buy a kind you can put under tounge, but my doctor says the HCG shots are better quality
-It is not cheap to do the shots (given to myself by myself each morning on the underside of belly)- throw away insulin needles are very small
-The diet resets your hypothalamus
-It's not necessarily low carb because you get to eat (1) apple and (1) orange each day.
-Apparently many people have success with it if done right. I have now lost over 20 lbs and still have a few days to go. Some people actually lose between 30-40 lbs in 40 days, and yes, I realize how ridiculous that sounds but is true. As always, men seem to lose more. I might have lost more if I was younger and didn't have wacked out hormone levels. My doctor and I discussed this for some time before I decided to go for it, I guess I needed a jump start and this provided it.

Now, as I am winding down on the HCG, the next thing the doctor recommended is to go on Ideal Protein Diet. I purchased my first two week supply just this morning. I will actually be able to start eating more food then I've been used to. The shots end for me this Thurs. The thought is I won't be experiencing the hunger and weakness some people have when starting IP as I've already been through that with the first days of HCG.

HCG is not for everybody...I encourage anyone interested to research it. Now my focus is to start the Ideal Protein products this weekend. Picking my selections of IP today, I felt like a kid in a candy store!
Old 02-16-2010, 06:37 PM   #299  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Height: 5'5"

Here I go.

Breakfast: Chocolate premix drink

Lunch: Chicken soup with sauteed onions, celery, mushrooms& green pepper (before I go to work in the morning I throw the pre-diced veggies into a tupperware container with a 1/2 tsp of olive oil, soy sauce, dash of tabasco and minced ready to use garlic). At lunch I put the container in the microwave for 2.5 minutes and then I mix the soup with the cold water, throw in the veggies and then nuke the soup. Everyone in the office is lovin the smell lol.

Dinner: Chicken breast, dipped in 1 tbsp Walden Farms SF BBQ sauce and broiled cauliflower & brocolli...sprinkled with olive oil, sea salt, soy sauce and salt free garlic & herb spice. Lettuce salad with green pepper & cucumber and 1 tbsp Walden Farm SF Thousand Isle dressing.

Lot's of water....a tea before bed and maybe a bar or vanilla pudding.
Thanks everyone for some really good ideas.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:10 PM   #300  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
I have a friend that has been on the program as long as I have. That would be 5 weeks. The last few days everything she eats is going through her like water if you know what I mean. I told her I would check with you other IP'ers and see if you have experienced this or know what may be causing it. I am not sure if her coach is going to know.
NO!! If anything it has been the other way around. I have to take milk of magnesia almost everyday just to keep things moving! Can't even imagine what she is going through!
Closed Thread