Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2010, 07:10 PM   #91  
IP start 1/11/2010
 
ritiki19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Helena, Montana
Posts: 68

S/C/G: 226.6/176/140

Height: 5' 2"

Default

I have been out of the loop for about a week now. I can't believe how much I missed! I spent the morning just catching up on posts.
I am really having a struggle today. I am all alone at home and can't stop thinking about food. I had some hot tea and that helped for a bit, but my cravings are back. I know I should clean the house, but I'm really enjoying just sitting and watching TV. I haven't had a salad yet today and I think that I need to go make one right now. I know what I need to do, but I guess I just wanted to whine a little and share my struggle. I will say that reading through the posts really helped a lot. Salad here I come.....
ritiki19 is offline  
Old 02-13-2010, 07:23 PM   #92  
Senior Member
 
Birman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 253

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicibel View Post
One other thing I have a friend who is also on IP and she is always hungry. She is thinking of quitting because of the hunger issue. Why would she be hungry but I rarely have that issue and I am much larger than she is. Thanks for your help.
Cicibel, you might suggest that she be extra extra careful about her carbs. If she is in ketosis, she shouldn't be hungry. Personally, I am a BIG eater. But when I'm on this diet, and watch my carbs very carefully, I am physically satisfied with very little food. Perhaps suggest that she cut out the IP "treat" foods for a few days and see if it makes a difference to her hunger level.

Just a thought.
Birman is offline  
Old 02-13-2010, 07:24 PM   #93  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010
 
WannabeIP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 389

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Default Hairdo

LOL, I think the hair is to cover up some really big ears!!!!!
I have a question, has anyone noticed that they take longer to heal on IP? Cut your finger and it seems to take forever to heal completely? Thanks
WannabeIP is offline  
Old 02-13-2010, 07:24 PM   #94  
IP Start Date 11/18/2009
 
wagnomore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Midwest
Posts: 66

S/C/G: 191/145/140

Height: 5'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritiki19 View Post
I have been out of the loop for about a week now. I can't believe how much I missed! I spent the morning just catching up on posts.
I am really having a struggle today. I am all alone at home and can't stop thinking about food. I had some hot tea and that helped for a bit, but my cravings are back. I know I should clean the house, but I'm really enjoying just sitting and watching TV. I haven't had a salad yet today and I think that I need to go make one right now. I know what I need to do, but I guess I just wanted to whine a little and share my struggle. I will say that reading through the posts really helped a lot. Salad here I come.....


GO EAT - QUICK!

AND if it's warm - that helps me feel even better.

I roasted Asparagas yesterday - normally don't like the stuff but with the grape seed oil and seasoning it was wonderful, kinda crunchy. My sis gave me an even better idea - she bakes it really hot @ 500 degrees for 7 minutes - makes the ends even more crisp - said it makes the ends taste like nuts.
wagnomore is offline  
Old 02-13-2010, 07:27 PM   #95  
Senior Member
 
skittlescda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Coldwater Ontario Canada
Posts: 113

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Height: 5'5"

Default

Hi All, Happy Family Day long weekend to all Canadians from Ontario too!

I've posted on this topic a few times but for some reason nobody ever responds. I have irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and my wellness center has really been pushing the Cleanse since the day I started up. They actually had it added into my starter kit but I asked them to take it off my bill and I'd pay for it later (I wanted to run it by my doctor first).

If anyone has used the IP cleanse (apparently recommended to start on the third weeK) can you share your experience with it. Did it help you to lose weight faster, did you feel better, what are the advantages (if any) to using the cleanse?

Your input is appreciated....I don't want to spend $55 Cdn on something that may make me feel worse, aggravate my digestive track but then if it supports weight loss for most people and is a good thing....then I'll for sure give it a try.

Thanks and Happy Valentine's to ya'll :-)

Last edited by skittlescda; 02-13-2010 at 07:28 PM.
skittlescda is offline  
Old 02-13-2010, 07:42 PM   #96  
Senior Member 2/12/2010
 
HopefulTricia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 420

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by echobaby View Post
Wouldn't it be funny if you took a can of PAM butter flavored spray and just whipped it out at the restaurant? OK, bad idea, but I've been using Molly McButter on my veggies and oatmeal. Or if you want to have a liquid to dip into with a squeeze of lemon, I think they still make Butter buds, which is a powder that comes in a packet. You mix it with water. Happy Valentines day!

Almost forgot.....Congrats Canada on the Olympics. I love the Winter games.
I bought "I can't believe it's not butter" this afternoon in the diary case == small squirt type bottle. It was fine for the lobster.
Thanks for your answer. And Happy Valentine's Day to you.

So sad about the luger. The opening last night was spectacular...
HopefulTricia is offline  
Old 02-13-2010, 07:54 PM   #97  
Senior Member
 
jordanna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,316

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlescda View Post
Hi All, Happy Family Day long weekend to all Canadians from Ontario too!

I've posted on this topic a few times but for some reason nobody ever responds. I have irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and my wellness center has really been pushing the Cleanse since the day I started up. They actually had it added into my starter kit but I asked them to take it off my bill and I'd pay for it later (I wanted to run it by my doctor first).

If anyone has used the IP cleanse (apparently recommended to start on the third weeK) can you share your experience with it. Did it help you to lose weight faster, did you feel better, what are the advantages (if any) to using the cleanse?

Your input is appreciated....I don't want to spend $55 Cdn on something that may make me feel worse, aggravate my digestive track but then if it supports weight loss for most people and is a good thing....then I'll for sure give it a try.

Thanks and Happy Valentine's to ya'll :-)

Sorry Skittles, I've never used nor heard of the IP cleanse...someone else posted a while back that they hadn't heard of it either. Maybe it's a new thing that no one has used therefor can't comment on it?
jordanna is offline  
Old 02-13-2010, 08:07 PM   #98  
Senior Member
 
BlueMermaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 425

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanycats View Post
You are drinking a LOT of water. Are you sure you are getting enough salt? I know on other low carb diets they say to eat a little something like cottage cheese (just a couple bites). I think it is the carbs needed to supply glucose to the brain....but cottage cheese is also an excellent source of protein. I got lightheaded once when I forgot my salt, took some table salt and some alka seltzer (high in sodium) and felt fine. How much salt are you taking every day? And is it natural sea salt?
I am eating salt on my food and then putting some on my hand and licking it off, then drinking some water behind it. I just wonder if I am taking too much salt. I may back off on the water a little bit. Thanks for your comments.
BlueMermaid is offline  
Old 02-13-2010, 08:09 PM   #99  
IP start 1/11/2010
 
ritiki19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Helena, Montana
Posts: 68

S/C/G: 226.6/176/140

Height: 5' 2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagnomore View Post
GO EAT - QUICK!

AND if it's warm - that helps me feel even better.

I roasted Asparagas yesterday - normally don't like the stuff but with the grape seed oil and seasoning it was wonderful, kinda crunchy. My sis gave me an even better idea - she bakes it really hot @ 500 degrees for 7 minutes - makes the ends even more crisp - said it makes the ends taste like nuts.
I made a salad and that really helped! I'm cooking dinner now too and having my "real" meal helps with cravings. Wagnomore....I'm actually cooking asparagus for dinner. I spritz a little olive oil on the spears and sprinkle them with sea salt and I cook at 450 for 7-10 minutes. It is amazing! I have done it at a higher temp and it's great! I'm just also doing turnip fries and do those at 450. Oven is ready....gotta go cook.
ritiki19 is offline  
Old 02-13-2010, 08:12 PM   #100  
Senior Member
 
BlueMermaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 425

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by echobaby View Post
Yeah. What she said. With that much water, you should be eating extra salt. The extra potassium is good, but you need more iodine. Good luck.
Thanks, I will eat salt when I feel that way and not worry that I am getting too much salt.
BlueMermaid is offline  
Old 02-13-2010, 08:28 PM   #101  
fluffymama
 
fluffymama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: TN
Posts: 228

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Default

hi all, I have been struggling today. Been stressed with my nearly 10 yr old son who wants to be the parent to the other two kids!! Well, I don't know but I am assuming that most of you are like me and when your stressed you want to eat! And I'm not talking about eating salad!! Regardless, I didn't cave, I made dinner. I had a grilled pork chop and baked asparagus for dinner. It was great! I am dreading tomorrow though. I know my 7 yr. old is giving me some type of candy for V day and let me tell you, the state I'm in right now, It would take a lot of resistance to not eat it!! I go throughout the day without being hungry, but I am an emotional eater, I want to eat if I get bored, depressed, stressed, or of course to celebrate!!! I want desert, something sweet, but I just keep telling myself it's not worth it, I've worked really hard. Sorry to vent, but I had to tell someone..
fluffymama is offline  
Old 02-13-2010, 08:35 PM   #102  
Started Ip on 12/19/09
 
Eastcoastmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 48

S/C/G: 189/148/130

Height: 5'5"

Default

Wagnomore- You are doing great on the diet. You don't have much farther to go. I used to be a runner and I would get leg cramps if I was low on potassium. I would eat bananas, but since we can't do that, maybe you could take an extra potassium. It could be that you are a little dehydrated, too. I've heard that can cause cramps also.

I was looking for Prolab Chocolate Whey Protein Isolate today. Does anyone know where you can find it?
Eastcoastmama is offline  
Old 02-13-2010, 08:41 PM   #103  
Senior Member
 
skittlescda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Coldwater Ontario Canada
Posts: 113

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Height: 5'5"

Default

Hi Fluffymama......for your sweet tooth have you tried chocolate soy crisp puffs? I had them for the first time a few nights ago and they were amazing, filling and satisfying. I know its all a struggle but keep thinking of your goal and if you take a step or two back, just remember to get back on track as soon as you can!!
skittlescda is offline  
Old 02-13-2010, 08:45 PM   #104  
IP start 1/11/2010
 
ritiki19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Helena, Montana
Posts: 68

S/C/G: 226.6/176/140

Height: 5' 2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffymama View Post
hi all, I have been struggling today. Been stressed with my nearly 10 yr old son who wants to be the parent to the other two kids!! Well, I don't know but I am assuming that most of you are like me and when your stressed you want to eat! And I'm not talking about eating salad!! Regardless, I didn't cave, I made dinner. I had a grilled pork chop and baked asparagus for dinner. It was great! I am dreading tomorrow though. I know my 7 yr. old is giving me some type of candy for V day and let me tell you, the state I'm in right now, It would take a lot of resistance to not eat it!! I go throughout the day without being hungry, but I am an emotional eater, I want to eat if I get bored, depressed, stressed, or of course to celebrate!!! I want desert, something sweet, but I just keep telling myself it's not worth it, I've worked really hard. Sorry to vent, but I had to tell someone..
Hang in there and be strong! Just keep reminding yourself of how far you've come and how much this program costs. The cost is truly one of the things that really keeps me on track! I just think of it as an $81 cookie, or candy bar, or bag of chips. Nothing is worth that! It's my TOM and I've really had a sweet tooth. I froze a little extra WF chocolate dip and have been allowing myself more of that than normal and that has helped! Keep up the hard work and refer to this site when you need motivation! It saved me today!
ritiki19 is offline  
Old 02-13-2010, 08:51 PM   #105  
Started Ip on 12/19/09
 
Eastcoastmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 48

S/C/G: 189/148/130

Height: 5'5"

Default

Fluffy mama -
I am also very much an emotional eater. I wanted to cheat so bad on my birthday. I felt like my birthday was going to be ruined because I couldn't eat any of the things I would normally celebrate with. I called my coach, and she said if anything I should have another bar. So that day I had two. My second one I had with a cup of hot tea. I was so satisfied. She said you really don't want to go out of ketosis and it can be harder to get back into it each time you go out.
Stay strong. You will be so glad that you did come Monday morning.
Do you have any of the "jelly"? Make some of that to eat. You can also take a drink mix and use Knox blocks to make a treat. My coach said to make a pan of "jelly" and cut it into squares, that way if I needed just a little something to simply take one square. It does help, especially if everyone else is having something.
Someone suggested the Listerine strips that melt on your tongue. I have been using those lately (the cinnamon flavored ones) and they really seem to curb my appetite as well as freshen my breath.
I hope tomorrow goes well for everyone.
Eastcoastmama is offline  
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ideal Protein Monthly Chat -February torchlaker Ideal Protein Diet 534 02-12-2010 01:37 PM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:04 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.