Old 05-09-2008, 10:50 AM   #166  
Ready to get to my goal!

S/C/G: 221/172/130

Height: 5'5

Just wanted to shout a quick hello girls! Sorry I have ran away. Though I didn't literally run, thanks to the knee.
I saw an orthopedic doctor finally. I have tendon tears all through my knee. I have physical therapy for the next 3 weeks, if this doesn't strengthen the knee and get rid of the grinding I have to have knee surgery. Ugh!!! So say a prayer.
Haven't weighed myself- not until Monday. We will see what happens. In general just feel crappy, but I have stuck to my diet.... so I am hoping the 170s are close. Although I have been on 2 rounds of steroids and they cause weight gain. If no weight loss maintaining is just as good until I am off them.

Well I am off, lots to do.
Talk to you all soon.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:30 PM   #167  

Height: 5'5"

chubbywifeyIN, Hope all goes well with your knee and I'm sure it will. That can certainly put a damper on things.

Well the scale said I lost 2 more pounds and per celebrity fit club the scales don't lie right? I intend to bike my behind off this weekend.

Last edited by ofnobility1982; 05-09-2008 at 12:30 PM.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:58 PM   #168  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Hello ladies!! Wow... my first good day in a couple weeks!! Yay.. just what I needed! I know with me it's all in my head and I have so much stress with all the changes in my life. But I'm starting to work past these things and feeling a little better.

Here is what I ate today:
BF: 2 eggs-veggies-salsa-pinch of cheese & strawberries on the side
L:Boca Patti, grilled onions & chili
S: 100cal bag Popcorn
D: Split Pea Soup

Hope everyone is doing well!! 30 more days until I move to South Carolina!
Old 05-10-2008, 07:32 PM   #169  
Ready to get to my goal!

S/C/G: 221/172/130

Height: 5'5

well i figured new body, new hair, so i cut over 8 inches off my hair today!!!
also, i discovered low sugar peanut butter and i am in love girls!!!

lunch: cheeseburger (no bread)
dinner: baked chicken and hot sauce with broccoli and cheese
dessert: PEANUT BUTTER

how is everyone doing with motivation??
Old 05-11-2008, 10:07 AM   #170  

Height: 5'8"

Chubbywife - Your hair looks so cute! Good luck with the knee. I've been having some foot problems lately (not as bad as your knee problem), so I'm feeling your pain in being on the sidelines. I'm able to still work out, but not so intense on the treadmill or eliptical, but the bike it okay for now. I'm going to take some cycling classes this week at the gym with the hopes that my foot will hold up. We're rooting for you!

Jillnicole - I'm so glad that you had a great day. Sometimes that's all it takes to get back on track. You wake up and things just click. Hopefully that will stick with you. Afterall, you're getting ready for your new life in SC in less than a month! I'm so excited for you. It's scary to up and move, but this is the time to do it! I'm proud of you!!!!!!!!

2beautiful2befat - I'm so glad you're back. We all need a little break here and there, but it does feel good to get back!

Ofnobility - I know it seems so scary when you look at the big number to lose. I'm with 2beautiful with setting minigoals. I was a size 22 last year, but now I'm able to buy size 14 dresses! I haven't really weighed myself too much, since my weight doesn't changed too much, but I'm sticking with what makes me feel good. That's why I haven't changed the ticker...I haven't gotten on a scale for a while. I get so discouraged on the scale, but I get so excited by seeing how my clothes are fitting or just how I feel in general. My main goal has always been to get healthy. I figured that everything else would just fall into place as I go (looking better, feeling better, etc.) I have tried in past every diet available but this has been the most hopeful for me, and easiest to stick with. We all get off the bandwagon, but I have found fat smash as the best for me so far, since I've stuck with it the longest. I can only speak for myself, but I definitely found that focusing on the healthy aspect has been the best "diet" for me, since I can stick with that. It's little decisions each day, rather than the big decision of which diet plan to stick with. I hope that makes sense to you!

Everyone else, here's to another good week. Good news for me! I tried on my shiny purple dress for my mother (a very critical person for better or worse), and she likes my dress on me. She doesn't think I look like I'm squeezing myself in. Woo Hoo! Plus, she said my chest looks fantastic in it, so look out single boys! Here I come!!! Ha.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:06 AM   #171  

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/145

Height: 5'2

Hello Ladies!!

I had a great weekend and mothers day, except my boys (all 3) had a bug--fever, headache and feeling icky! but today was still wonderful! My DH and I went hiking on Fri. it was fun! and difficult... We weighed in on Sat for our biggest loser deal and I am down one more pound! My DH...on the plan for 4 day lost 6LBS...needless to say friday he didnt want to stay on the plan and now he is all pumped up!KEEP SMASHING!!

Today we BBQed for Mothers Day so not so good on the eating.

I am being good this week because on sat we are going to a Pool party for my DH birthday! So I will cheat then I guess and the weekend after that we are having a girls night in, slumber party and will cheat then too! woo, i better up my running!

I hope everyone has a fantastic week! we all need to keep smashing and keep posting. together we can do this.

**On May 30th we have our final biggest loser weigh in and I would like to drop 7LBS and be down to 160...That would be huge!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will hit the bike path tomorrow for sure! I will aim for 10 hours this week.

Bye for now

Last edited by LighterLou; 05-12-2008 at 01:07 AM.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:32 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 223/176/140

Height: 5'3"

Hellllooooooooooo Ladies! Long time no see, but it looks like you're all doing great! Good job EVERYONE!!!
I haven't been on here much because I had to have emergency back surgery 11 days ago, and I haven't been home much. I was supposed to be in the hospital for 5 days, but I persuaded the doctor to let me out after 2 hee hee He told me that if I could walk, I could leave... I started out with a walker the morning after surgery, and by that night I was slowly making my way down the hall YAY! The doctor told me that I had to take it easy for 6 weeks. No heavy lifting and no bending... kinda hard since I'm potty training my daughter but I listened for the most part. Then, I started having the same pain in my leg that caused me to need the surgery so I went to my family doctor and he told me that "taking it easy" means lifting nothing heavier than a cup of coffee, and I'm not supposed to sit for more than 20 mins a day! Would have been nice to know that when I went home! I was so mad, and now I might have wrecked my back again I'm taking it soooooo easy.... trying to undo the damage that may have been done. I've spent most of my time at my mother in law's house this week because she's been helping with my daughter. Girls, I can't even pour a glass of water! This sucks!
But, my husband works 7 days on, 7 days off, so he'll be off for a week on Wednesday and he'll bring my daughter home with him and he can be my slave until next week when I go back to his mom's house! LOL It sucks because I have the motivation and the desire to do the work and exercise, but I physically am unable to do it.
Anyways, today I made a list of reasons why I'm losing this weight, and I'm hanging them all over my house as reminders! I also found an old picture of me when I was thin and hung that on the fridge Good motivators!
I was soooo depressed last week, because the medication I was on made me gain 18 pounds in a week and a half!!! I was at 172, and I looked at the scale one morning and I was 190! I couldn't believe it. I burst into tears and cried for like half an hour... I'm such a dramaqueen! LOL I worked so hard to get to 172 and I thought it was all over, but I am happy to say that I am close to where I was... I'm currently 174 and looking to lose more weight
Good luck to you all this week!
Old 05-14-2008, 10:05 AM   #173  

Height: 5'8"

Desiree - That stinks! I'm so sorry to hear about all your back problems. I'm so glad you were able to turn yourself around and make it a positive with hanging up the pictures and taking off that extra weight.

I'm bumming this morning, since I've been blaming my drowsiness on allergies, and I just got back from the allergist who pricked and prodded me and couldnt' come up with anything. Now he's going to do a blood test in two weeks to see what's going on, but I'm afraid he's going to find that I'm just lazy! What will be my excuse then? I might have to just get off my behind...ha! He will have to find a reason for all the sneezing, coughing and itching, so maybe it's not just all being lazy.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:16 AM   #174  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

I'm sort of back yesterday I had lasagne but I only had one small piece which is way better than normal!! I just couldn't resist because we went to a class and they ordered in from my favorite restaurant!! The problem is their is 9 more weeks of class!!

Today has been good so far! I had blueberry tofu with bluberry jarred baby food and for lunch I am going to make sweet potato fries!

I also already worked out for the day!
Old 05-14-2008, 11:18 AM   #175  

S/C/G: 162/154.5/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi Ladies!

Last week was my husbands birthday, so I didn't do well on that day - but I've been under control the rest of the time.

I have been working out - but fell in aerobics on Friday. Ohhh - it was embarrassing. I stand on the front row. One minute I am jumping, the next thing I am on my caboose on the floor. My ankle still isn't back to normal, but I keep working out. I'm just trying to be careful with it.

Wifey - how cool you have a new fresh hairdo for summer.

Annie - So glad the purple dress will work out. I have very little chest -
and what little I have will go away with more dieting.

Lou - Slumber party sounds so fun! It's been a long time since I went
to one of those.

Desiree - So sorry to hear about the back surgery. My husband has a
herniated disc right now - you never realize how much you
depend on your back until you hurt it.
I'm glad your weight came back down. It's so upsetting
when meds or health issues cause you to gain weight.

Annie - I have allergies, but mainly in the fall. Right now I am having
problems with itching, too. I hope your allergist is able to
find the answers to your fatigue.

I am loving those pumpkin oatmeal cookies and milk for breakfast. YUM!

Tonight we are going out to dinner with friends to a BBQ restaurant (their choice) for a belated birthday celebration for my husband. I LOVE BBQ (geez, I live in Kansas City) - I guess I'll eat very lightly today and only
eat a small part of my dinner.

How often does everyone weigh? I weigh about every 2 days. It is frustrating how much it can fluctuate. Is this normal?

Have a good week!
Old 05-14-2008, 12:37 PM   #176  

Okay update. Today ends the first week of Phase II for me. Still going strong. I lost 8 pounds in two weeks. I guess that's not to shabby. My mom is now considering trying the diet.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:44 PM   #177  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Cute new pic wifey!! Super cute!
Old 05-15-2008, 02:20 AM   #178  
Goddess

S/C/G: 265/260/180

Height: 5'9"

hey ladies, i took annie's advice and stopped in to say hello.

i'm going on to day 3 of phase 1 and i'm so happy to say that i haven't had any slip-ups. i unoffically started on cinco de mayo but i kept having to restart myself when i'd stray from the meal plan. anyways, i'm on my game and feeling really motivated to stick to my excercise and diet plan.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:35 PM   #179  
Latoya wants to be a 10!

S/C/G: 201/184.5/160

Hi Ladies,

I started the Extreme Fat Smash on yesterday and thought that I would go crazy over not having meat, bread, and potatoes---especially the bread and potatoes. I found this site and I am glad to see so many other women that are so motivated and I hope that I can feel as motivated by the end of the first cycle. I am devoted to the program because I don't have the stressor of school in my life anymore because I graduated last Saturday from college for the second time and I have the summer free. Today has started off bad because I was in the ER with my future mother in law until 3 a.m. and that has thrown my schedule as well as my meals off. I had breakfast of oatmeal and juice at 12 noon. I really need all the support that I can get...especially when I have a roomie that loves to eat junk food and pizza. Any words of wisdom or advice that anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-15-2008, 03:57 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/145

Height: 5'2

Inb4881-be prepared!!!! I cannot stress that enough! try to make out a weeks worth of menus and post in o the fridge, so when you are hungry you can glance at it to make the right choices! Soon you will be over the cravings and you will be able to resist!(for the most part!)

MarcyD-Right now I weigh in every 2 weeks because I am doing a biggest loser challange. so I am trying to only weigh in on one scale! Our final weigh in is on sat may 30th...I am hoping to be down to 160!

Nicolicious-keep up the good work!! It feels good to eat good and exercise!!! remember why you are doing this and what you want out of it!!!

2 beauitful-do you just eat blueberry tofu with bb baby food? sounds good!

annierew-sorry about the allergies, I know that stinks!! I hope it gets better!

ofnobility good job!! sometimes it takes a little longer! way to stick with it, and it keeps you motivated!!

Jillnicole-how are you?

As for me I am trying to stay on phase 1, even though I have BBQs and things happening during the weekends! But I feel kind of burnt out! I need more recipies...any good ones anybody want to share?? By the way my DH is offically hooked!! He is losing fast and loving it! Talk later bye!!

Last edited by LighterLou; 05-15-2008 at 03:58 PM.