Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2023, 02:34 AM   #196  
very small boned

S/C/G: 110/107/104

Height: 5'3"

Monday
workout: 7 mile run, 2 mile walk
weight: 109.7lbs

I've gained so much weight. I'm heavier than I've been is a very long time and feel so uncomfortable. I'm not sad, I'm just disappointed in myself for smoking. I feel like such a failure. I don't want pity; I just want the peace that comes from the freedom of this sin and knowing that I'm being obedient to God.
Old 09-19-2023, 06:43 AM   #197  

S/C/G: 170/170/159

REST DAY
Old 09-19-2023, 07:03 AM   #198  

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning,
The scale finally moved and in the right direction, I have been stalled for 2 weeks and I am finally down another lb. I did not log my food for the last 2-3 weeks and I did have some alcohol. I take full responsibility for some of this but I think my body was just taking a break. Today I am 100% accountable and I will write every bite.

I made a big pot of chicken stir fry last night and I have enough for dinner to today and tomorrow. I still have a package of extra firm tofu staring at me when ever I open the fridge. Not sure what I am going to do with it.

Today, I need to brush my dog, as he has gotten older he seems to shed more, when I emptied the canister on the vacuum I thought I could use it to knit another dog.

We have some showers forecasted but not all day rain like yesterday, I need to get all of my inventory tagged, logged, and packed up.

I got the bright idea to cut out ghosts and pumpkins out of wood and paint, I just make so much work for myself while I try to put off making a decision on the frames I have in progress. Retirement is busier than when I worked.
Old 09-19-2023, 07:42 AM   #199  

Good morning again! Will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. The temperatures have gone down here. I’ve been turning on my furnace at night and off in the late morning/early afternoon. 😁📚😷🌞
Old 09-19-2023, 09:56 AM   #200  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Girl We know the Lord can heal us of these issues. I ask the Lord to heal me but I lack confidence/faith that He will heal me. I know He doesn't want me to do the things I am doing (binging) and this behavior is not from Him. I pray the Lord strengthens our faith in Him.

Steps from yesterday: 10,016

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

September 19

Job 11:15
For then shalt thou lift up thy face without spot; yea, thou shalt be stedfast, and shalt not fear.

What a marvelous feeling, being able to stand up in front of the diet group and tell them she had lost forty-four pounds! Marcie never thought she'd see the day. She remembered all the times when, with great embarrassment, she had to confess that she was not even close to her goal. Those days were behind her. All the doubts and guilt were over. The groups had been a great help, too, as God had been. Her faith was a large reason that she was able to stay with it as well as she did. Praise God, everything worked out. She held her head high and shared her great news with the group that had helped her so much.

Today's thought: Doubting never helps get things done!
Old 09-19-2023, 11:07 AM   #201  

Chipping away at my mess in the shop. I have 2 totes all tagged packed and labeled, 2 more of those to go, plus 5 crates, 2 smaller totes and a large box.
I came in and decided to have the stir fry for lunch, I used 2 small chicken breast halves,and added shitake mushrooms, pea pods, water chestnuts, bok choy, broccoli, baby corn, red peppers and a small amount of stir fry sauce. it is mostly veggies. Knowing me, I will have the rest for dinner just because all I have to do is heat it up. I am pulling some turkey tenderloin I cooked a few weeks ago out of the freezer, and I will have for dinner with veggies that wouldn't fit into the stir fry.

Going to take a short break, and head back out, I have tags to print and take back out .
Old 09-19-2023, 11:24 AM   #202  

Good morning! GoneAstray, sounds like you’re getting a lot done! Just got home from power walking and running errands. Will take a shower in a few minutes. 😁🌞😷📚
Old 09-19-2023, 08:51 PM   #203  

Good evening,
Today I got in 1250 calories,. just over 4k steps, spent a lot of time sitting and sorting,
Breakfast-1/2 cup Egg Beaters, 2 slices Daves Killer thin sliced Bread,. coffee with Califia plant based creamer
Morning snack-Frozen berry smushie- 10 oz almond milk, 2 cups frozen berries
Lunch-Stir fry with chicken
Afternoon snack- carrots with balsamic vinegar and garlic powder, 2 oz of mozzerella pearls.
Dinner-stir fry chicken,
After dinner- another smushie.
I kept busy in the shop, been going through boxes and found stuff I had been looking for, threw out some junk. still not done so there is a bigger mess than when I started, but should be able to be completed by Thursday.

Old 09-19-2023, 09:07 PM   #204  

Good night all! Power walked to and home from my meeting tonight. Ran errands on the way home. Had supper when I got home. Did 2 miles Leslie Sansone after supper. My fitness goals for today have been attained. 😁🌞😷📚
Old 09-20-2023, 04:29 AM   #205  

S/C/G: 216/205/120

Height: 5' 2"

Thinking of taking an extended break from work (well at most 1 to 1 1/2 weeks) to focus on changing a few things, thinking it's my job stress that is keeping me from reaching my goals. I keep losing down to low 180s then binging again and getting back up to 185 or so, then losing again....and so on. I really want to quit smoking, lose weight, quit artificial sweeteners, cut down on caffeine, and cut down on my anti-anxiety medication. It's a lot to change and I don't know if I can do it while working. Plus my townhouse is a mess (neither my boyfriend nor I are neat people) so was going to maybe use the first day just to clean up so the space is more relaxing. I've got the time off built up...I was thinking of one of those weight loss retreats but the stats on permanent weight loss for those things aren't great and they are very expensive.

Last edited by LadyBinger; 09-20-2023 at 04:48 AM.
Old 09-20-2023, 06:56 AM   #206  

Good morning
Looking like a nice fall day here, I have to push myself to finish up the inventory and reorganizing the totes. I tend to just keep putting stuff off, then once I start it and are over half done, I sometimes get motivated to finish other times i shy away from completing. Really trying not to do that. When I was working I would make a list before I left of what I would do if I had 4 more hours at work, so when I came in I hit the ground running. I got so I would do the most dreaded task first then boy did the rest of the day flow! I need to get back to that ethic.

I am going to try the tofu in a stir fry so I can use up all the veggies I bought for it, fingers crossed on that one.

I did tackle the small round frame last night. I used glow in the dark and pigments to make a sky, it looks like a white and gray sky with sections of yellow, but after exposing to the light the white turns into a deep blue, with streaks of greenish blue where the glow in the dark yellow bled. and there is some light yellow while the gray looks darker, Really happy with it, now to decide what goes on top, I think the frame is too shallow to cut a bear out of wood, so I will have to figure this out this morning, as I have larger one 10 inches to do as well. Most of my stuff is pretty much one of a kind.

LadyB-I think taking the vaca is good as long as you are certain you will use it wisely and really get things done in your home. I think that would be my first priority, Clutter makes me uneasy, and I feel good when I can get a room scrubbed and junk gone. Can you do a 'test' run where you take a Monday off and see if you can focus on scouring and purging one room? The longer period of time I have to do something -like a week- the longer I will put it off. Maybe a string of long weekends would be more relaxing and productive? I hear you on the retreat, quick fixes never work because we don't change the circumstances that got us here in the first place. This food plan I am on now is nothing like what I have done before, I wanted to lose as fast as possible so I set impossible rules, I would lose, then fall off the wagon and gain it back, feel deprived, binge, etc. Instead of a goal of 1000 calories , i set 1500. That still a 500+ a day deficit and should be a lb a week, but our bodies let us lose when they are ready,

Ciecie-you impress the heck out of me with your power walks and workouts, you go girl, I wish I could get myself that motivated.
Old 09-20-2023, 06:57 AM   #207  

Good morning! Will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. 😁📚😷🌞
Old 09-20-2023, 08:47 AM   #208  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

LadyBinger I also like the idea of the long weekend. Make a list for Saturday and then another for Monday. See how that goes. If you have one day at a time, it's easier to keep your focus.

Monday night I didn't sleep well. Last night I was exhausted so I went to bed early and didn't post.

Food was on plan.

Yesterday's workout was walking

Steps from yesterday: 11,975

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

September 20

Revelation 21:7
'He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.'

Chris thought he was going to die. Why did the gym teacher make the fat kids run track? It wasn't human. His pulse was pounding so hard he thought his eyes might pop out. The finish line looked a million miles away. It wasn't worth it. Somehow he had to lose some of his excess baggage. Nobody could go through life feeling as bad as he presently felt. We need to overcome our weight problems. Life is not meant to be a struggle, but a blessed gift from God. If we will work to be overcomers, then God will bless our efforts and carry us over the finish line.

Today's thought: With each pound I drop, I move faster toward my goal!
Old 09-20-2023, 12:39 PM   #209  
very small boned

S/C/G: 110/107/104

Height: 5'3"

Tuesday
workout: 8 mile run
weight: no weigh in

Wednesday
workout: 5 mile walk
weight: 106.8lbs

I threw the cigars away. I am tired of being a prisoner to sin. I want to repent to truly follow Jesus with a pure heart, and be free from that filthy poison. One day at a time I pray God continues to help me, in Jesus Name. If I am smoke free for a month I plan to allow myself to get re Baptized.
Old 09-20-2023, 01:08 PM   #210  

Good afternoon! Power walked and ran errands this morning. Will have lunch in a few minutes. 😁🌞😷📚
Closed Thread