Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2023, 09:26 PM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up September 2023 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

Hi, Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great month!
Old 08-31-2023, 09:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/170/159

I plan to focus on losing fat (5 lbs) in September.

I’ve been building muscles in July and August.

WO: Swimming and mall walking

FOOD: Too many roasted chestnuts

LadyBinger..Hang in there! Writing a novel, that’s so cool!! What are the names of the two characters?

Dianna..3.4 lbs, Congrats! What Granola Bars do you like? My favorite is “Nature Valley Oat and Honey” Very crunchy!!

CeiCei..Are the fall colors starting to show up in upstate NY?

Girl81..Happy running! Do you like salty food, hence the water weight?

Jendiet..What tea do you like? I love Earl Grey.

Gone Astray..Did you get Privacy Fence or Semi-Privacy Fence?
Old 08-31-2023, 09:39 PM   #3  
Trying to live below 200

Yangtzer These are the ones I have been eating: https://www.cascadianfarm.com/produc...ein-chewy-bar/ The combo is higher in calorie but filling.
Old 09-01-2023, 01:17 AM   #4  

Good morning! Thanks for getting the September thread started Diana! Will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed. 😁📚🌞😷
Old 09-01-2023, 03:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 216/204/120

Height: 5' 2"

Yangtzer, my main character's name is Fancy. Which is a pretty funny name I think, but it's supposed to be short for Francesca and in the novel it gives the story for how she got the nickname "Fancy". I picked the name Deke for the romantic interest (though this is not primarily a romance novel, can't remember if I said that already). My reasoning for picking names was pretty arbitrary, one of the names I just picked because it's the first name of one of my favorite female authors. But most of the names are pretty random.

I have tried to use my writing as a way to distract myself from my obsession with food, though my main character Fancy is also obsessed with food and in part based on me. In part, lol. But yesterday I went down to write as a way to stop myself from ordering a footlong subway sub and I ended up ordering the sub anyway and having writer's block.

I'm starting the labor day weekend with a "semi" fast, where I just have a small breakfast (I have to eat food with one of my medications or I get nauseous) and nothing for the rest of the day. I'll let you guys know how THAT goes...I've had successful fasts and I've had failures. If anyone has had any successful fasts and has good strategy for it let me know.
Old 09-01-2023, 07:04 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 4"

Oh my September already! Chilly start as it is only 40 here this am. I love fall weather for working out in the yard, I can wear a sweatshirt and there are no bugs.

On the fence- I had a 5 ft cedar fence put up between my house and garage. It replaces a wire fence I had for the dogs. Although I am rural, my house is only 30 feet from the road, my garage sets back 50 ft and my patio is behind the house. I feel like I am in a fishbowl, people slow down and gawk when I am doing something, I wanted the fence for security for the dogs and if I want to sit on the patio and have coffee in my jammies, no one can see me. As it was we had several rubber neckers almost go off the road trying to see what was going on here. I let the guys work on the issue for a bit, I saw the gate was off and when it was back on I went out with my tape measure and checked the gap. I asked how they fixed it and the dubber of the 2 said he cut the top horizontal support a half inch too short. It is done, and it is right. I know if I had not said something they would have let it go. Wrong that men think they can get away with crap when the customer is a woman.

LadyB-I did IF successfully for a time. I was going to WW and I would have a gain of 4-6 lbs almost overnight and could not get it back off, I did IF for a while and I broke the cycle. BUT, I think for me the issue was my system being backed up from chronic constipation. Not sure why IF shook it up, but I might have eaten differently. Before I started on this plan my goal was 1000-1200 calories a day, and I never stuck to it for long. Now I aim for 1500 and it is much easier as more foods can fit in without screwing up and feeling like a failure. I am also taking magnesium at bedtime and the constipation issues are gone. Over the last 6 months I am leaning towards small meals 3-5 times a day to keep metabolism up..

Old 09-01-2023, 07:23 AM   #7  

Good morning again! Will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. 😁📚😷🌞
Old 09-01-2023, 09:28 AM   #8  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Welcome back everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 9,458

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

September 1

2 Corinthians 3:5
Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God.

Muriel knew she couldn't do it alone. She wasn't strong enough. Her friend Ann told her that one of her strengths was realizing she was weak. Too many of her friends tackled diets on their own and failed miserably. Well, Muriel wasn't going to make the same mistake. She wanted help from the outset. If we realize our weaknesses and limitations, then we are better able to cope with them. God will help us be honest with ourselves, so we can work to turn our weaknesses into strengths. Pray to God for that insight.

Today's thought: What I want to eat and what I need to eat are two different things!
Old 09-01-2023, 01:30 PM   #9  

Good afternoon! Went for two power walks and ran errands this morning. Am having lunch now. 🌞🌞😷📚
Old 09-01-2023, 02:53 PM   #10  

Cleaning house like a mad woman, company ( 1 human, 3 dogs) coming tomorrow, leaving Sunday, then I am heading to Vt Monday will stay until Wed or Thurs, I have enough dog hair to knit another dog.
Old 09-01-2023, 08:32 PM   #11  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1620 calories +

Breakfast ( 480 calories & )
coffee w/cream & sugar
protein granola bar, yogurt and prunes

Lunch (500 Calories)
turkey wrap 250 calories
apple 100 calories
few bites of stew 150 calories

Dinner (640 Calories)
vegetable omelette 300 calories
small sweet potato 250 calories
blueberry yogurt 90 calories

Exercise:
Faithful workouts beginner kickboxing and walking

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 09-01-2023, 09:03 PM   #12  

Good night all! Power walked to and home from supper tonight. Ran errands both ways. 😷🌞😁📚
Old 09-01-2023, 11:13 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 170/170/159

One of the headlines on Wall Street Journal today:

"To Pay for Weight Loss Drugs, Some Take Second Jobs, Ring Up Credit-Card Debts.

Some people pay more than $10,000 a year out of pocket for Ozempic and Mounjaro"

How much would you spend if there's a magic weight loss pill out there?

Last edited by yangtzer; 09-01-2023 at 11:27 PM.
Old 09-02-2023, 12:08 AM   #14  

Good morning! Yangtzer, I don’t take any weight loss drug. Will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed, 😁📚😷🌞
Old 09-02-2023, 06:23 AM   #15  

Beautiful cool night with a bright moon again, almost like daylight out there. I have more vacuuming to do this morning.
I started the first layer of some 3d resin art, I can pour second layer this afternoon. If company is here I won't pour another until they leave, too much dog hair!!

Yangster-As Oprah once said, if there WAS a magic pill she would have it. I have spent money on gimmicky things over the years that I saw on Dr Oz or elsewhere,:Acai berry extract, white kidney bean extract. Nothing worked for me, and as far as appetite suppressants go, I think that if I only ate when I was hungry I wouldn't have a weight problem. At this stage, I do not buy any marketed products for weight loss, pain relief, etc.

Closed Thread