Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2023, 08:00 AM   #121  

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning,
My daughter is flying back from visiting her father and her husband is picking her up when my grandson gets out of class,, so I will pick him up and have him for the night again. 2 of their 3 cars are down at the moment and they are using the one to get everyone to school and work. I need to figure out what to make for dinner, he isn't fussy and prefers real food over processed stuff so he is easy to feed. I had pork both on Sunday and yesterday so if it were just me, I would be sticking to a plate of veggies, this might be a good night to make a stir fry, I will research the different noodles and pick the one with the highest fiber and lower calories.

Diana-I know a few people are only children and they wished for siblings too, on the other hand, I have a few friends with sisters that wish they were only children. I know some sisters who are so close and best friends, that is what I have always wanted, but never going to happen. I do have a brother I get along fine with, he doesn't get along with the sister either for the same reasons.

LadyB-never heard of those, lucky for me sweets are the one thing that do not tempt me at all. Bread over cake for me.

I have become somewhat addicted to the documentaries on food, fat, diet, health, etc. I am shocked at how the food industry has successfully lobbied to keep labels on food obscure. The WHO wanted to publish that the consumption of sugar should only be 10% or less of daily calorie intake, the food industry threatened to withhold a sizable portion of its 'contributions' if it did. So when you see a label it will have the daily % a food supplies for protein, fat, carbs but not sugar.
At one point when the food pyramid was being updated the wording was 'eat less meat; they also lobbied against that and it was changed to eat more vegetables. When you watch these shows, it is so easy to see why obesity is a major health epidemic, Sugar is as addictive as cocaine according to scientists,,,YIKES

I have some housework to do, craft clean up and a few picture frames to assemble and add hardware. I should be busy until I pick him DGS at 330.
I have

Old 09-12-2023, 09:31 AM   #122  

Hi all! Will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes. 😁🌞😷📚
Old 09-12-2023, 11:03 AM   #123  

Morning
LadyB I love oatmeal and raisen cookies. My mom baked them often for us girls.

Stats from yesterday
Calories in 1641
Calories out 2163
Zine minutes 145. I did not understand this at first
steps, 8,021
sleep 6.26. For some reason I had tummy problems last night at bedtime

Last edited by nettnett73; 09-13-2023 at 06:42 PM.
Old 09-12-2023, 11:11 AM   #124  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Gone Astray I understand. I think it's even more difficult having family but not getting along. We have that on both my Mom's side and Dad's side of the family. There's substance abuse etc and it's just better not to have contact. There's issues on DH's side of the family too. Again, it just seems best not to have contact. It seems like I have more friends than family. It's all good.

Steps from yesterday: 10,098

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

September 12

Colossians 3:2
Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

The smells from the cafeteria were more than Blanche could take. Not that the cafeteria food was anything to write home about, but when she was on a diet, almost anything smelled good! She grabbed her jacket and headed out the door. Immediately, the fresh fall air erased the cafeteria smells. The sky was a deep blue, and the white clouds lazily drifted by. The sun was out, the birds were singing, and everything was right with the world. Blanche spent her lunch hour just strolling through God's splendor. Before she knew it, her hunger had passed, and she was ready to tackle the afternoon. The glory of God had lifted her above her earthly passions, and she was grateful.

Today's thought: There's much more to life than lunch!
Old 09-12-2023, 11:46 AM   #125  

Hi all again! Power walked and ran errands this morning. Just got out of the shower a few minutes ago. Will go for another power walk and run more errands in a few minutes. 😷📚😁🌞
Old 09-12-2023, 09:26 PM   #126  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1510 calories +

Breakfast ( 480 calories & )
coffee w/cream & sugar
protein granola bar, yogurt and prunes

Lunch (400 Calories)
turkey wrap 300 calories
apple 100 calories

Dinner (630 Calories)
evol chicken enchilada bake 380 calories
riced zucchini 50 calories
collard greens 100 caories
yasso fro-yo 100 calories

Exercise:
walking

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 09-13-2023, 12:11 AM   #127  

Good morning! Power walked to and home from my meeting last night. Will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed. 😁🌞😷📚
Old 09-13-2023, 07:53 AM   #128  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 7,396

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

September 13

Isaiah 26:3
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

Bud believed his doctor really did have his best interests in mind. Bud wouldn't have dieted if anyone else had told him he should, but his doctor carried a little more weight. Bud kept to the diet because he felt it was the right thing to do. Trust was a big factor in making everything work. Trust is a big factor in anything we try to do. Giants of the Christian faith were able to do such great things because they trusted that the Lord was with them. We, perhaps not giants of the faith, need to rest assured that we can trust God and that He will do everything He can to help us lose weight.

Today's thought: The only thing God will let down is my weight!
Old 09-13-2023, 03:10 PM   #129  

Good afternoon! Power walked after breakfast this morning. Power walked to my volunteer job today. There was a ton of donations on Monday when I was working by myself. Fairlee, the director of the thrift shop, was there the last half hour on Monday. I told her that I’d come in to help her. Between the two of us, we got all of it taken care of. 😁🌞😷📚
Old 09-13-2023, 04:04 PM   #130  

Height: 5' 4"

Good afternoon,
Was a lot of fun having my grandson here, I took him out to dinner; I had bought all the stuff to make a sitr fry and I just didn't feel like doing all the prep. We went out for Chinese, I picked an appetizer platter of a couple of skewers of teriyaki chicken and beef and 4 crab rangoons. I ate light at lunch so it was ok, and I gave him my fortune cookie. So tonight I am making stir fry, I have to eat early to be at my school board meeting for 630.

I have another picture frame glued and clamped and have been playing with the resin using glow in the dark powder and sparklies. I have two setting up and I had enough resin leftover to make a glow in the dark coaster. I really should have been doing laundry and vacuuming but this was more fun, I will finish with top coats tomorrow and take out of molds on Friday, Just in time for company on Sat and Sunday,

Has been raining most of the week, so I haven't been out to pull the cards from trail cameras. A disapointing year for bears and bobcats after getting them weekly all summer last year.

Old 09-13-2023, 06:16 PM   #131  

Good evening! Power walked and ran errands late this afternoon. Will do 2 miles Leslie Sansone in a few minutes. 😁🌞😷📚
Old 09-13-2023, 06:39 PM   #132  

Fitbit stats from yesterday
Steps. 9,076
Calories In 1934
calories burned 2,220
zone minutes 172
​Sleep 6.29 my cat wakes me up when my nephew leaves for work. Going to Branson tomorrow afternoon. Maybe I can sleep a bit more
hope everyone is having a great day
Made vegetable soup and cornbread for dinner. It wss yummy. I will not eat again till tomorrow.
Old 09-13-2023, 07:45 PM   #133  

Good evening again! Did 2 miles Leslie Sansone. My fitness goals for today have been attained. 😁📚😷🌞
Old 09-13-2023, 09:34 PM   #134  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1480 calories +

Breakfast ( 480 calories & )
coffee w/cream & sugar
protein granola bar, yogurt and prunes

Lunch (700 Calories)
salad w/grilled salmon & bhf's ranch 700 calories

Dinner (400 Calories)