Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2023, 05:18 AM   #226  

Good morning! LadyBinger, I’m also going to be gloating that I don’t have to go to work during the first week of October. I’m going to be retired after 3:00 this afternoon. 😁📚😷🌞
Old 09-22-2023, 07:22 AM   #227  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Ciecie I am so happy for you. What do you plan to do with your "extra" time? You probably remember, we retired at the beginning of covid. I love it and so glad we did it. The only problem is that I think I am busier now and have less "me" time. I really need to work on that. Today I am taking two friends to their Dr. appointments. These are serious appointments and it's good for me to be there with them. But, this will take up my whole day. This is the type of stuff that I am running into. I thoroughly enjoy helping others, though.

Steps from yesterday: 13,477

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

September 22

Mark 11:24
'Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.'

Abby knew that God hadn't lost her weight for her, but He sure helped her be able to lose it. When she felt most like giving up, He encouraged her and gave her the will to go on. When she was most tempted to break her diet, He reminded her of how important it was to stick with it. When the pounds began to fall, He filled her with a deep joy that insured she would continue. She never forgot to pray, whether it was for help, for strength, or for thanksgiving. Abby hadn't lost the weight all by herself. God helped more than she could ever know.

Today's thought: I'm glad that I'm a loser. . .of weight!

Old 09-22-2023, 07:45 AM   #228  

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning,
I was productive yesterday, I swept up my shop, put stuff away and threw out stuff too. Then I made a picture frame for my 12x24 photos. I glued it and left it in the clamps overnight, I will add corner brackets and nails this morning, hoping it looks good. I had pieces left over and thought I had enough for another 8x8, well the last piece was 1/2 inch too short, so it will sit until I cut the second 12x24.

LadyB-quitting smoking and trying to lose weight is a double edged sword. when I quit, I ate more, which upset me and made me want to smoke even more. Can you use any of the nicotine patches or something to help curb the cravings? I did it cold turkey, in 1980 before I got pregnant with my daughter, and up until 5 years ago I still had dreams that I was smoking again and terrified because I knew I was hooked. Go ahead and gloat when you have your time off, I sometimes feel guilty to be retired.

Yangster-great that he lost that weight, is he able to manage his BS better? For me an appetitie suppressant would work if I only ate when I was hungry, well unless it made me nauseaus,

Diana-I am with you on being busier in retirement, I don't know how I got things done when I was working, For 33 years I got up at 43am, drove 25 miles to work 7-4, then home around 430pm, I think the old equation of the work will expand to fit the time available sticks for me. I tend to put stuff off "til later" since I have no ties on me for day of week or time of day.

A bit of housekeeping today and laundry, then I have to get the frames done and ready for Columbus weekend, Still have summer stuff to get picked up and put into the loft, Looks like a nice day so I had better get things done, We have a rally obedience trial a week from tomorrow and they are having run thrus on Sunday so my dog and I have something fun to do then,

I think I have decided to put a dragon on the round frame, was laying awake thinking about it last night,

Old 09-22-2023, 05:08 PM   #229  

Good afternoon! Thanks Diana! Did 2 miles Leslie Sansone before I left for work today. Power walked and ran errands before I punched in at work. My coworkers gave me a pot of flowers today. 😁🌞😷📚
Old 09-22-2023, 07:17 PM   #230  

Good evening,
Busy day again. I needed to get some special low fat dog food and treats for Otis, , Michaels is right near there, so I had to stop in. I wanted some unique vinyl for the dragon, was thinking black glitter or holographic, so of course I bought both, it was 50% off and there was another coupon for an additional 30% off the entire order, so I grabbed some things that I use frequently. Home Depot was also right there so I got some glaziers points that I use to hold pictures and glass in the frames.
Was nearly noon when I got back home.

I pushed myself to finish up the frame that was in the clamps, and I made another 12x24 that is now in the clamps, used leftover pieces to make another 8x8. I need to stop and just finish what is started and move on!

I just stripped beds in spare bedrooms and have it in the wash, next weekend I have company coming, DBF and his 2 grands plus his 3 dogs, I am going to clean up my dining room, and put away things I am done with, so I can set up my Cricut and get dragons and other things cut out.

I also went into the woods and pulled the cards from trail cams, gray fox, raccoon, doe and fawn. As I went deep into the area near the swamp I flushed up 2 grouse, the noise startled the heck out of me.

When I went through the totes of inventory I made a good list of what I had with quantity and price and for the life of me I cannot find it.
CieCie-I am sure you are going to love retirement, it did take me a while to get used to, I honestly could not believe I did not have to make that drive everyday.

Well, I have to get busy and get things done, have a good Friday night

Old 09-22-2023, 08:17 PM   #231  

Good night all! Power walked to and home from supper. Ran errands on the way home. Folded the load of towels that I dried this afternoon. My fitness goals for today have been attained. 😁📚😷🌞
Old 09-22-2023, 08:28 PM   #232  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone! ;

Ciecie I think your coworkers will miss you.

Food off plan
No workout to report

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 09-22-2023, 10:49 PM   #233  

i just can't seem to settle, been out in the shop, got the first 12x24 done, put a photo of a beaver pond I took on the Kancamaugus in 2021. got the wire hanger done as well.
Poured clear resin over the black shimmer dragon,and put a fun glow in the dark sky on the 12 inch frame, I used violet, dark blue, red, red orange glow in the dark and some gray pearl pigment . I hope i can settle into bed soon, but my mind is just running wild.
Old 09-23-2023, 02:34 AM   #234  
very small boned

S/C/G: 110/107/104

Height: 5'3"

Friday
workout: 8 mile run
weight: 109.7lbs

I don't understand why I keep gaining weight so quickly.
I've noticed that I frequently seem to feel better and get closer to my comfortable weight (103 to 105) when I walk rather than run.

Ciecie, happy retirement!

Last edited by girl81; 09-23-2023 at 03:53 AM.
Old 09-23-2023, 07:17 AM   #235  

I definitely have Obsessive compulsive disorder. I was up til midnight., in and out of the workshop, then cutting out dragons, pouring resin, I not only could not shut off my mind but my body was following. As soon as I get one thing finished I am thinking, What else can I make? I really have to nap this afternoon, I got up at 5 because I could not get back to sleep. I wish I could be this ambitious with housework.
Old 09-23-2023, 07:52 AM   #236  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Girl81 It sounds like inflammation from the running. Maybe walk for 5-10 minutes run for 1 minute.

Gone Astray I can commiserate with the ocd. I have a lot of issues with my thoughts. If something gets in there I will replay it over and over. It's literally exhausting.

Steps from yesterday: 7,021

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters
September 23

Psalm 46:1
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

Barb hated it when her husband went away on business trips. He was her conscience when it came to watching what she ate. Besides, when she was lonely she had the tendency to eat to compensate. It was so much harder to diet when he went away. It is good to know that we have a refuge and strength that never goes on vacation. God is ever with us, and He will help us whenever we need Him. When the temptations are the greatest, then we can be confident that God will be the strongest.

Today's thought: I will turn to God when my diet gets too tough!
Old 09-23-2023, 08:25 AM   #237  

Good morning! Did a load of laundry this morning. Hung that one and half of the laundry I did yesterday on the line outside to dry this morning. Will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. 😁📚😷🌞
Old 09-23-2023, 08:43 PM   #238  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1560 calories +

Breakfast (480 calories & )
coffee w/cream & sugar
yogurt, protein granola bar, prunes 480 calories

Lunch (600 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & ranch 600 calories

Dinner (480 Calories)
Amy's mushroom risotto 230 calories
riced cauliflower 100 calories
cantaloupe 150 calories

Exercise:
No workout

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 09-23-2023, 08:56 PM   #239  

Good night! Power walked and ran errands before supper tonight. My fitness goals for today have been attained. Watching a movie I recorded in July. 😁🌞😷📚
Old 09-24-2023, 12:41 AM   #240  

S/C/G: 216/204/120

Height: 5' 2"

Gone Astray I did use a nicotine patch yesterday and only smoked like four cigarettes all day, which is really good for me. I think the hardest one to give up is the morning cigarette. If only I could point to the moment I became an overeater, the way I can point to the general timeframe and reason I became a smoker (half my friends smoked I suppose, in college). Don't know if it would help me any but...

Still 182 here. But was 184 yesterday because I slipped up and ordered some Arby's after drinking a little too much wine. It was all a loneliness trigger. I had to spent Friday night alone, and most of Saturday alone, and I'm going to have to spend most of Sunday alone as well. I hope I can follow Diana's advice as her story this time really applies to my weekend.
Closed Thread