Old 12-12-2012, 10:38 AM   #301  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

Yay, 207.5 thats what i weighed in my dream I was kind of getting greedy for a minute like dang why couldnt i be closer to 199 but thats really great in 2 days. I watch too much biggest loser and want 17 lbs a week LOL I sure don't wanna be in the gym eight hours a day though so I guess I don't want it that bad eh?
cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:11 AM   #302  

Height: 5'7"

Hello Ladies, I've been thinking about you all. I had some busy work days and then both mine and my manager's computers crashed! So, a few long days.

I took a vacation day today and had my regular blood draw, results will be back tomorrow. The doctor was happy to see that I'm down 15 lbs since I was there in May. I had no idea. I lose and regain the same weight and lose it again, so while 15 lbs in a year isn't great, it's something and I still have a little time to loose some more.

It has been a very busy year for me with a lot of tranisition and dealing with very unexpected things, but everything has turned out just as it should and I am good with that. I will see this docter again in May and so I would like to have 35+ gone by then. As you know I'm a goal setter and it helps me to work towards something.

Misty: I thought in your post that you wrote you don't count your food calories and so that is what I met. Dee and you are a lot alike, she really watches the processed foods and she cooks so many things for herself and DH and always is looking for healthy and balanced in that processes.

I'm glad your way of eating is working for you; not only to lose weight but to feel better and be healthy.

Victoria: I am doing good with my walking. I did the inside walking trail at work. It is a 3.4 mile trail. I break it up and do it 30 min; at lunch and then the other 30 is when I take a break. With the crazy work week I haven't made it to the Y so my walk has to be at work.

I have a question about your walking ticker. How did you get it in your signature? I went to that site and made a ticker but when I put the URL in it just takes me the site where my ticker is. I want to put it on my signature.

Good for you at the scales this morning and for doing your walk.

Carri: I think you will be all well by the weekend! I'm sending positive vibes! I am still praying for doggie Les.

I didn't do very well with my Christmas shopping on Saturday...to many people out and I get distracted. I'm going to go today. I took a vacation day since I had the doctor appt. A friend is going with me.

Right now I'm waiting on a plumber. My kitchen sink decided to plug up last night and I can't get it unclogged.

LeeAnn: I am glad to hear that you had a interview already and I pray you get a offer. I'm praying for the best that He has planned for you.

Dee: You made me cry (happy tears) when you said "U r a typeA & a WonderWoman & fun & my Christian sister in the same package". I cherish you! I think if I lived close to you I would be at your house everyday! I'm so glad we get to visit most everyday here.

I will certainly pray for you and DH and the health issues that are cropping up.

I am going to send both you and LeeAnne some scripture to meditate on. I'll send it by PM on here.

Have a lovely day ladies! I look forward to seeing you all tomorrow.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:36 PM   #303  
~Tori~

susie after you make your ticker on lilyslim.com you will see the code for it at the bottom of the page if you click bbcode. copy all of that coding then go to your user cp and to edit your signature link then paste the code in there , hit preview it should come up with the image then click save image, if that doesnt work let me know i'll try to explain again Glad to hear you're doing well
Old 12-12-2012, 04:30 PM   #304  
It is what it is...

Hi Ladies ....Hope all of you are having a good day...I think I feel a headache coming on so I'm about to take something for it ...I stopped a bp med and started another one and i think I am getting headaches periodically from one of those....I normally only get headaches on my TOM.

Les is doing well, still oozing at the wound site, we are trying to keep it as dry and clean as possible...he gets the stitches out next week.

Dee - Hope things are getting better with you and dh and your health issues...I am keeping both of you in my thoughts.

Victoria - you are doing so well, you make me ashamed ( well you and Susie ) for how I'm eating right now, I have done better today and trying to knock off the soda, although I am only having one a day, last year at this time I was having 3-4 ....so at least I got that going for me, lol

Hi everyone else, have a great evening !!!!

Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:07 PM   #305  
~Tori~

Ok girls , I have done it once again. Rationalized that I should eat more to keep from plateauing -is that a word?I went to publix bought myself a bag of chips and salsa i followed the serving size then i said "well last time I ate like a pig at mexican I still lost weight. and I'll just do really great tomorrow. But I feel really sad after I do this and while i"m doing it I just don't care I'm eating and it tastes great and I feel like it will all be ok , then when i'm done and full and i feel gross I am super guilty and worried about my weight. What the heck is my problem, I've totally got food issues. I am gonna stay OP tomorrow so i hopefully see a loss on friday and help with damage control like I told myself while I was eating..you know whats funny. I was shopping for ice cream and said no to myself and that it was a bad idea. I ended up binge eating anyway. Great. Oh well once again i'm moving on , but man what a sucky feeling , I'm never this full anymore and its uncomfortable and I feel really dumb. Just venting guys..
Old 12-13-2012, 12:25 AM   #306  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hello Girls, I just got home from Christmas shopping @ 10:30pm & I gotta get up @ 5:30am tomorrow, but can't fall asleep yet so I wanted to say 'hi'. Girls TY for caring about dh & me, neither of us will know anything until we see our docs in 2 weeks. Mine will b on vaca in Italy & his oncologist can't get him in, so it's going to b a long 2 weeks. Life goes on & after we get our good/bad news I'll tell you.

LeeAnne, did U get your new job? I've been praying on it w U & sending U happy, positive thoughts. I want U to have a happy Christmas without worrying about your income. Maybe U will win the next lottery or a awesome prize, U may think I'm crazy but I entered both Ellen & Oprah's Giveaways I've won concert tickets several times, so I figure somebody's gonna win, why not me & other nice things. We still have 4" of snow, No ice but I wanta give back the 30*s I want my snow in the warm 50*s & just wear a light jacket outside.

Carri, girl what r we gonna do with U....If we lived closer we could bring U a pot of 'yummy soup' & play cards or watch movies & babysit U. I hope U let your man do some housework while U were sick. I bet your voice sounds real freaky w your bronchitis U could phone-prank your best-friend, brother & sister & parents. Have U ever thought about buying a Soda-Stream machine, I know sombody that bought 1 & it actually helped them to break their habit of drinking soda....Umm, did U read what I read @ the dentist about soda (acids in it) thinning the enamel on teethe & bones, that should scare U into drinking just 1 daily that U r doing. Don't give yourself a beat-down for eating....Remember the 'Carri that was doing swim-aerobics' l remember How DEtermined that U were & How proud & strong U felt about Your body & your clothes were Falling-Off. Ok, GO "Find Her" & get that Carri BAck on Track next Monday. Go make a week's menu & go shopping for your fav healthy foods..... U Will Do this, or Santa willl NOT take U back to Florida next fall

Victoria, all of us have messed-up & guilted ourselves & it does suck, but ya know U just gotta out-smart yourself, trick your cravings. 3 things that have worked for me r: #1 eat protein & veggies @ every meal & With every snack; eat protein even if U eat junk-food, that's prob why U lost weight eating Mexican food cause of the protein in the beans & meat? When I eat cottage cheese or refried beans w chips I don't gain. #2 Buy your fav pricey fruits & veggies & have them peeled/sliced/defrosted ready to eat or make a smoothie & use them for your 'guilty pleasure' craving. #3 Drink 1 large glass of water, as soon as your cravings start, & drink it before U eat your meals also. U said U drink lemon-water, well try flavoring it also w sliced limes, cucumbers, etc. That's all I got right now for U, because honestly I think U r eating 'emotionally right now'. Christmas time is beautiful, but crazy-complicated & U have wedding stress, so I wish I could loan U my hot-tub & chimnea-fire on the deck & U could soak & watch the snowflakes fall while U watch the bunnies, squirrels & deer walking around my back yard; that would relax U for sure. U r doing amazing, take a breath & maybe a nap, then re-read your Plan again & sing to the baby about how mommy is getting healthy & slimmer to play with U

Susie Ron just turned the light off, it's midnight already, so I'll write my post to U tomorrow after my tops meeting ends.

Sweet Dreams girls, DeeDee
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:48 AM   #307  
~Tori~

Ok I weighed in this morning to see what damage I caused last night. I'm almost 209 more than 208.5. I'm glad it wasnt that bad but I didnt record it because I"m not sposed to weigh in officially on my plan i made for myself until tomorrow. I almost didnt want to go for my walk this morning but i'm going. I need to really stay On plan and keep going with it so I'll weigh in again tomorrow and I'll walk now even though I'm feeling sooo sleepy and not motivated to go at all. Anyway guys you have a good day and I'll chat to ya soon. I've got to get some christmas presents in the house , i'll order some online today and after my walk I'll put on my fake bake today and tomorrow so saturday night I have a tan I'm wearing a new dress I bought about a month ago with some nice heels I got the day after thanksgiving hopefully I'll be back down to 207.5 by sat morning and I'll be in a good mood
Old 12-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #308  

Hi Girls!
Quick post on my "lunch" hour which I'm eating and doing TOPS things I have to do as the Secretary before tonights meeting.

Victoria: You will look lovely in the dress! I am very much a comfort/emotional eater and I think that maybe you are too?

I am having to work hard today to get those steps in to stay on track. Since I desk things to do at work today I'm not walking the building trail. BUT I did volunteer to take something to the dock so that I could get some extra steps in.

Carri: BOOOO on the headaches. Be sure to tell your doctor about it.
Feel better!

Dee: How was TOPS?

LeeAnn: Still praying and sending positive vibes.

Ok..got to go....see you all tomorrow.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:39 PM   #309  
Downloading 10% complete

S/C/G: 190/188/170

Height: 5'4"

I'm new! Hi everyone

I'm not weighing myself regularly, but I have a pair of trousers that are about 14lbs away from fitting (I think), so once I get into them I should be under 200! Hope everyone's doing well, it feels good to say I'll never have to pass a "onehundredandsomething" mark ever again
the shiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:53 PM   #310  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Merry Christmas

shiv It's so nice to meet U. Feel free to say anything on your mind; if U want to vent or ask for help & give us advice. We talk about most everything here, cause being overweight comes from many things in life The girls here r from 20's to 50's & r very supportive.

Today I had my tops WI & I was 142 lbs, -1 pound below my 143 lb goal, I'll own that. I resigned as Newsletter Editor today, it hasn't been fun for several months & its time for a new editor to take-it-on. I tried to 'motivate the girls & give support them', while writting the newsletter but often it seemed like talking to rocks when they'd regain what they lost I'll continue as the awards/charms coordinator after doing it since 2007 its still fun cheering on the losers & hosting the ceremonies. Our leader & co-leader are upset about my resignation, it-is what it-is, w 29 girls +5 snowbirds they need to step-up & take their turn working too.

Victoria great job w going on your walk & your weight, duh 1/2 lb it will prob b gone in the morning when U WI. Dance the night away Saturday night & drink lots of water too Enjoy your special night, you'll b beautiful w your handsome guy. Take some memory pics of all 4 of U before U leave cause your 2 little ones will adore them when they r older.... What's the name of the weight loss program U r following & how do U like it, pros & cons TY

Susie, good luck @ your tops WI tonight. Has your been canceled for bad weather yet, we've had 3 canceled. When we get 2-4 more inches of snow we're getting out our snowshoes & hike our woods, I'll post my pic if we see anything amazing. I wish we could all b in a tai-chai class or yoga to relieve some stress together, then go to a kareoke bar w our men (my dh has a sexy-strong singing voice & people stop singing to listen to him, I'm not jealous but I do envy it) I will Not sing lead, but I would do a duet or trio, like I said before I am shy being solo. U said U & your dh like jazz, have U heard Jamie Cullum, I saw him on Austin City Limits twice & I really enjoyed him & his energy. I hope U see on the scale today what makes U happy again

Right now, I'm craving a pizza w pineapple, black olives & mushrooms for supper But it won't happen because I baked a cheeseburger pie & a salad for dh & made a 5-layer salad w provolone cheese for me this afternoon..... A huge candy dish of mixed flavors of Hershey's Kisses is sitting across from me & teasing me all week to cave-in & eat JUST 1,2,3, no thanks I'm staying OP. So I'll sip 2 glasses of water & wait for supper @ 5:30.

Carri, Mel, LeeAnne

Have a wonderful Weekend girls!!! Christmas Blessings to All !!!
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #311  
It is what it is...

Afternoon girls ...well we had to take our doggie Les back in for more surgery this morning,,, I feel so terrible for him but he did it himself ...he was picking and scratching at it and he took out two of the stitches...so there was a big open wound on his back and it was seeping discharge...so it was infected...so this afternoon they had to put him back under and re open the wound and clean out all the infection and put stitches back in, they also put a backwards cone on his head so it would cover the area and he wouldn't be able to scratch it hopefully....they also put a train in for the infection...he looks half crazed, and the drain and bandage have to stay on until Tuesday...I don't see us being able to stop him from touching it until then especially when we are at work ...dh is staying home with him tomorrow though I think ...I will post a pic of how crazy he looks now...they even wrapped his head, poor guy ....and yes, today was another big vet bill ...Merry Christmas to all !!! lol
Old 12-13-2012, 04:38 PM   #312  
It is what it is...

My poor baby ....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7193.jpg (21.2 KB, 4 views)
Old 12-13-2012, 07:22 PM   #313  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi everyone

Just a quick check-in

MyChoice, you are right in that I don't count food calories. I pretty well know basically what things are and that chocolate has more calorie than carrots. I will have to check out more of Dee's posts... I haven't been in this thread long enough to get to know people. Sounds like she is more of a cook than I am though... LOL mostly I chop and season veggies and bake them on a cookie sheet. But I live near a natural foods market which makes fantastic hot items.

I'll be back later to catch up on more of the posts here.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:17 AM   #314  
~Tori~

Good Morning Everyone! I sat here and typed up a whole pity party , then I wrote to myself what I would write if it were someone elses pity party. What a wakeup call. I'm going to have a great day. I lost that pound I gained and half a pound more i'm down to 207 and not 207.5 yay. big baby is sick today, throwing up since 3 am so i'm gonna do laundry and take care of her . Hopefully I'll get my walk in later in the evening I don't wanna get behind..so I will get my walk in . Have a great day guys.

I was taking my 15 pounds for granted and sad that its not more and feeling sorry for myself and thinking sad things. No I still cannot fit my skinny pants. (skinny compared to me anyway ) but I'm making progress and If I keep going in this direction I'll get to the body I want eventually. I just have to stop telling myself I"m tired of this , and its not happening fast enough.

I will tell myself that I am doing great. Making great progress and I will not let myself stop or quit again. I'm so glad I can talk to you guys.

Dee-A few years ago I signed up for metabolic research center. They are a low cal /low carb program with protein supps. I lost 30 lbs in two months. I met my fiance and forgot the diet and gained weight when we got prego with our little baby_she's two now. I lost the same 30 last summer. I was happy . So happy and I gave myself a break(i forgot all about my weight ).

Now Its all back , well 17 of them are back I already took off 15 yay. And I plan to get down to a good size soon. I'll be happy in a size 8 . even 12.

Anyway its a very expensive plan. (for me) so I just remember what the plan says to eat. I bought a no carb protein shake and I follow it and it works just the same and I get to keep my 300+ dollars sign up fee and 55 dollars per week for protein shakes. My protein is 40 bucks and it lasts like 3 weeks.

Pros
Fast Results
Not a lot of cravings
No Loss of energy
No prepackaged foods ( i make all my own foods, just less than my normal binge every meal type)

Cons
Low Carb-I love crackers, chips, bread, pancakes, cookies-bad carbs in general
Pretty restricted in food choices. even certain fruits i have to avoid.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:45 AM   #315  

I didn't get to weigh-in at TOPS last night as I went to my nieces Christmas Concert at school. I thought I would be able to pop in, drop off the minutes book so someone else could take the minutes for me and then weigh-in but the weight recorder wasn't there yet..I was really early.

Our Leader is always there by 5:15 and usually the weight recorder is there too..our weigh-in starts at 5:30. I couldn't wait until 5:30 so I had to leave but by my scales at home (I aways step on them before I go to my meeting to see what they say and if they are on track with the TOPS scales). I would have been down another 3 lbs. So, I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and when I weigh-in next week I am hoping to see a total of 6 lbs lost!

Dee: I am proud of you for going ahead and doing what is right for you and I agree that with that size of chapter, others need to step up. Really with that size 1 person shouldn't have to do two things.

And look at you under goal! It is very hard to stay a KOPS since the leway under and over is very narrow. Again, VERY proud of you!

We haven't had any snow in Ohio and as far as I am concerned it can wait until Dec 24...and can snow until Jan 1. I'm off work from Dec 21 on and so if it snows during that time frame I am good. I just hate to have to get out in it and get to and from work with a 50 mile commute--one way--every day!

Carri: Poor Les!!!! That picture is so sad..I hope he gets better soon.

Victoria: I made my miles yesterday! Knowing that I have the deadline of your wedding and that you are walking it too helps me to stay on track!
Keep it up.you are doing well.
I also like the info you are sharing. I can hear your "talking" to yourself (and it matches the voice in my head); we emotional eaters have to do a lot of "self-talking". So now I hear my voice and your voice and Dee's voice in my head...and it is a good thing!

Misti: Thanks for checking in! Nice to see you here.

LeeAnne: Hi!

WELCOME to Shiv: Having a pair of pants to measure your progess is a great tool! We hope to see you posting here and that we can get to know you.

Ok..back to work for me. I'll be around this weekend.