Old 01-16-2013, 03:02 PM   #406  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hello Girls,

I'm hoping that you'all r just busy & 'not sick' instead of dropping by here.

Susie, glad that U r doing well & just busy @ work. How about making a few 'stress food kits' for yourself; for work, the car & @ home ready to pick-up w/o much prep to eat. I have a cute insulated cold-bag that holds a 8-pk that I keep inside my car, ready to take into anywhere & it has: tea bags, instant cocoa, nuts w choc.chips & peppermint, crackers & chicken boullion, homemade lo-cal treats, pre-measured protein powder in a shaker, 2 glass mugs, real silverware, a can-opener, mini-packs of tuna & dressing, instant soup, etc. hot water is available everywhere including fast-food drive-thru's & I replenish & wash my items as used, so let your imagination-go & put fresh veggies/fruit inside it like packing a lunch on stress-days or long car drives. We all get off-track somedays from stress, you'll b fine

Carri, It's great to see your lower # r back Your food log shows it! How's the weight challenge @ work doing? Here's the recipe I gave links for, its really yummy & maybe your dh will like it too, cause I see U like dessert (rice krispies).

Cocoa Lava Kisses Makes 40 cookies~ Hands-on/30 min. Oven/30 min.

These heavenly clouds of sweet chocolate work great to take care of a chocolate craving. Unbelievably, they’re fat-free! They are intensely sweet, which will make it easier to stop at 3, which is only 60 calories!
Preheat oven to 250°. Line 2 cookie sheets with wax paper.
3 egg whites
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
2 tsp water
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 T unsweetened cocoa powder
Place egg whites/salt in medium bowl. Whip with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add 1/2 cup of the sugar to egg whites while constantly whipping. Combine in a cup water/vanilla. Add to mix, a few drops at a time, alternating with the remaining 1/2 cup sugar while constantly whipping. Flake cocoa with a fork to break clumps. Sift if necessary. Fold completely into mix.Place bite-size rounded teaspoons (not tablespoons) of batter onto the wax paper-lined sheets.
Bake approximately 30 minutes. They will be dry on the outside, but moist and lava-like on the inside. They will retain their shape. (If they become completely dry like Styrofoam, they are overbaked.) While kisses are still hot, remove from wax paper and place on a wire rack so they will not stick. After cooling, store kisses in an airtight container.
These freeze well, making them convenient for future chocolate cravings!
Nutrition for 1 cookie: 20 Calories. Fat/Saturated Fat 0. Fiber 0. Cholesterol 0. Sodium 12 mg. Protein 0. Total Carbohydrate 5 g. Sugars 5 g.
http://www.zonya.com/pdf/recipes/Cocoa_Lava_Kisses.pdf

1/15/13
Breakfast: oatmeal w hot tea.
Lunch: grilled cheese sandwich w green pepper/onions sliced (shredded mozzarella, lower in fat) hot cocoa.
Supper: 3 slices pizza (my doggies ate the crusts/yeast is good for them) oatmeal cookies w milk.
snacks: crackers w peanut-butter, vanilla protein shake w blueberries, hot peach tea.

Last edited by miniDoodles; 01-16-2013 at 03:03 PM.
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:03 AM   #407  
There I am!

S/C/G: 279/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Does anyone have tricks or ideas to get weight loss started or past a hump? I have been losing and gaining the same pound over and over for at least a week. It seems my body does this now and again. Do you find increasing calories, decreasing calories, upping the exercise works best for you to get past these stalls?
thnknthin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:46 AM   #408  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies – got home late last night since dh got a new car ( one he had was only two years old but you know men lol ) …so I didn’t have time to fix dinner and we stopped at Subway…I am really liking the flat bread …only 10 more cals then the wheat bread I normally get so not much of a difference…I have just been getting ham on it, then heated…then add lettuce, tomato, and a little light mayo …its so good….mmmmmmm

Anyone watch American Idol last night? I heard it was kind of snarky between Mariah and Nikki – but I like them both so not rooting for one or the other….Mariah I have loved since I was 12 and Nikki’s music makes me dance and be happy, lol ….

Don’t know what I will have for lunch today…I didn’t grab something this morning at home so I have to get something quick out…what to do, what to do….

ThinkThin1 – whenever I want to jump start things I drastically drop my carbs….usually always gets things moving.

Dee – thanks for the recipe, looks good…I normally don’t have much of a sweet tooth but starting off going back to eating right I have been indulging in the 90 cal rice krispie treat…once they are gone though I probably wont buy again….not good for my diabetes…

Hope everyone is doing well, and that Susie is not over working herself somewhere, haha ….Hi Mel, Liz, Victoria, and LeeAnn !!!!! Hope to hear from all of you soon.

Food 1/16/13 Weds
Breakfast : englishmuffin, one T peanut butter – 200 cals
Lunch : Smart Ones frozen pizza – pepperoni – 410 cals…I couldn’t believe that was that high, wont be getting again
Snack – Kind bar – 180 cals
Dinner – Subway, ham on flatbread with lite mayo ( got cheese this time ) – 380, baked bbq chips – 140
Snack – of course my Rice Krispie treat – 90 cals
Total for day – 1400 on the nose !! haha

See ya !!!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:25 PM   #409  

Height: 5'7"

Hi. I'm taking a few minutes to eat lunch and check in with "my chickies!". That is what my DH calls you all.

I didn't make it to my Y workout last night (i worked at home for 3 hours) but I did do the "building trail" so at least that is saving me...I get in 30 min here daily.

Dee: I LOVE the receipie and I"m takinng it tonight to share with my TOPS chapter.

Thank you for the "emergency" food kit ideas. I live my life in bags so what's a few more! lol. Seriously, you should see my home office. I have a bench in there are it always has my purse, my lunch box, my computer bag, my workout bag, and my TOPS bag on it.

I wanted to tell you that I eat grilled cheese like you do! I will sometimes put a tomato on it too.

Carri: What kind of car is DH's new car? It's so fun to have a new car! I like the flat bread a subway too. I always have veggie with one slice of cheese and have them "heat" it..and my favorite sauce on it is the sweet onion sauce. I don't know the calories in it though.

Victoria: On Saturday you will be a Mrs! As soon as you can post and tell us about the wedding, please do so. I know we will all be thinking of you.

Thinkthin: I increase my protein (not easy for me as I am a vegitarian) and drop my cabs.

Hi Liz and Leannne!

Jan 16, 203 Food Log:Breakfast: 1 Special K ceral bar, water
Snack: 1 protein bar
Lunch: single mac and cheese, cole slaw, pears, water
Dinner: skillet ravioli with spinich, 1 cookie, water.
Snack: hot coco
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #410  
There I am!

I'm already on a low carb diet. I stay around 40-50g per day. I'm wondering if maybe I'm not drinking enough water or if it's just natural for everyone to go thru a stall/plateau now and again even while staying OP.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #411  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Hey ladies!

Dee - thanks for the recipe, I may try it, I don't usually like things too sweet but hey at some points during the month I do need chocolate!! haha

Susie - Wow 3 hours, good for you!! What kind of workout do you do? I need to dust off my treadmill, lol...I keep talking about selling it because I never use it but DH insists maybe one day we will, you just never know. lol

Carri - MMM maybe I'll have to try the flatbread, I love subs I usually do Mr. Sub though because I love mushrooms on my subs and Subway never has them! I also love pickles though which is not so good for water retention!

thnknthin - For me it's usually do a lot more exercise than normal or else dropping calories for a while....and like Carri more veggies and less carbs helps too.

Anyhow I've been a bit busier lately...I've decided to do an online accounting course and slowly start to work towards an accounting certification...I am still at my regular job but I think I need a change, things are still fairly crappy at my work....anyways just need to work it into my schedule! Hope everybody has a great day, I'm about to take the kids out for a walk to run off some energy - found out yesterday DS has an ear infection/chest infection so now that he is on antibiotics he is back to going crazy as usual, so gotta get them out!!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:10 PM   #412  
Sandee

Hello Girls

Hey, the cookies have soft centers sometimes gooey, so if U follow the recipe U made them right. My other sweet & healthy thing I do so I don't binge when I Must eat chocolate is: I spread a hi-fiber English muffin w peanut butter & then sprinkle chocolate chips on it & microwave until the choc.chips melt {Fiber + Protein = my chocolate craving is 2/3 healthy instead of a Bad snack}. I like to play w the hi-fiber/low carb muffins & dress them-up w foods so I can eat a bread weekly. I watched Nashville last night, did anyone ever watch General Hospital, kid who played Lucky, Luke's son, is on it as a guitar player/singer, w some other well-known tv stars on it.

thnknthin1, Hi when I'm like U, I increase my water by 3 glasses daily & add more fiber/veggies @ lunch/supper (usually beans for protein & leafy greens) helps my body drop water weight & food stuck in the colon. When my hubby has dairy (milk-cereal) daily he gets plugged/constipated/bloated (tmi) Sorry for being blunt Good Luck!

Carri, I did watch American Idol last night & I think the girls were ok, considering some of their drama may b to get more fans watching them & Idol this season. It was cute the way Keith would give them the 'girls play nice look' as he sat between them. U know Subway is my fav fastfood stop & I always get either the breakfast muffin or their flat-bread & tons of veggies, instead of the sliced cheeses I ask for shredded mozzarella/lower in cals/fat/salt. My Honda CRV's a 2010 & I feel your dh getting his new car I want one w the back-up camera on my dash too, what did he buy & what color?

Susie, sweet onion dressing @ Subway is one of my fav's, but if I see I'm 142# on my scale I won't have any dressing & just enjoy the taste of the veggies w flat-bread, sometimes ham/chicken-breast. I'm like U being organized w sooo many tote bags, I gotta do that or else my brain would explode trying to locate everything, but w my specific bags ready, I can go right-to-it w/o any problems. I was letting my hair grow for locks-of-love (cancer wigs) but the ends r dry so I'm getting a new style & cut 3" off tomorrow, it's been so long time since its been above my shoulders, I'll prob feel skinny

Liz, Good to hear that DS is feeling normal so he can have his 'b-day celebration' Good luck w your accounting degree, its so nice that so much can b taken @ home on our pc w/o driving to a college campus weekly & U can b home w your family.

1-17-13
Breakfast: 1 orange & hot apple/cinnamon tea.
Lunch: 2 - jr. Arby roast beef sandwiches & ice tea.
Supper: Vanilla protein shake w sprinkle of cinnamon & hot peach tea.
snacks: ice water, glass of milk.
I'm just not hungry today, the week has caught up w me & I'm tired & sleepy. I really need Susie to live near me & loan me some of her 'amazing energy'

My dh just walked in from work w a hot pizza & that doesn't even tempt me, I'm going to sleep right after Gray's Anatomy tonight...
Have a Great Weekend if I'm not back Friday...

LeeAnne, Mel & the shiv
Old 01-18-2013, 09:24 AM   #413  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies…what a beautiful thing today is….Friday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I get a three day weekend with my Honey….although I think he is a little mad at me this morning as I had him looking for my desk key at home when I already had in my purse at work, and because of this he was late to work ….ooopss ! My bad ( yes, I’m bringing that back ), lol

Dh got a Mazda Speed 3 in silver…he had the same car in black, but it was a 2010 and this one is a 2013 with more bells and whistles and a touch screen and all those neat things…plus this may be the last year they make them so he wanted a new one…my car is only a year and a half old ( I have a regular red Mazda 3, well sport version – yes, we like Mazda’s haha ) but him getting his new car has given me new car fever ….but I better just put that on the back burner…cause I don’t need one …

Dee – good for you !! I would have been all over that hot pizza that dh brought in, pizza is by far my biggest weakness…I’ll have to check and see if my Subway has the shredded mozz cheese…cause that does sound better…

Susie – you little exerciser you !!! haha !! I always want to branch out and try a new sauce at Subway like the sweet onion you and Dee said you like but I don’t know the calories, but I make it makes the sandwich yummy…I like the “chickies” name, its cute

Victoria – I know you are probably busy with the wedding stuff, but have fun !!! Cant wait to see pics…also I saw the future dh on fb pics and he is a cutie !!!

Liz – hope ds gets to feeling better asap, poor kid….Mr. Sub must be a Canada thing but I agree with you I would like to have some mushrooms….I might suggest that on Subways site…The online accounting thing is a great idea…good luck with that.

Hi Mel and LeeAnn !!!

I hope this work day goes fast so I can start this three day weekend…I am craving pizza but maybe I just get a thin crust Delight pizza from Papa Murphys sometime this weekend. Also we are going to an Italian place tomorrow night with my brother to meet his new girlfriend and I have been looking at their menu and nothing looks “diet” friendly…I may just end up with a salad with the dressing on the side…boring…..anyhoww….if I don’t get back on here have a great weekend all !!!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:34 AM   #414  
There I am!

Good News! Scale finally moved this morning. I increased my water intake yesterday, by quite a bit, and saw a 1.4lb loss on the scale. Now I'm hoping I don't find it again! Thanks for all your help and advice. I appreciate it.

Onederland I have you in my sights
Old 01-18-2013, 04:21 PM   #415  
It is what it is...

Great job Thinkthin ....if you are going to be posting with us a lot can we have your first name so we can call you by it?

Forgot to post my food from yesterday
Breakfast - normal english muffin with 1 T peanut butter - 200
Lunch - KFC chicken strips ( 390 ) and mashed potatoes w gravy ( 120 )
Snack - nada
Dinner - ham sandwich with cheese ( 280 ), two servings of Doritos ( yes I was hungry haha no afternoon snack ) 280
Snack - fiber one brownie - 90
total for day - 1360
Old 01-18-2013, 04:55 PM   #416  
There I am!

Sure! It's Alyssa.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:27 AM   #417  
There I am!

I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will still reach my goal of getting to Onederland by Valentine's Day. Hope it's not too far fetched.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:24 PM   #418  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

Oh my Gosh Girls! I got married yesterday! I didnt finish my miles, i didnt get to onederland but I'm so happy my DIY wedding was like a dream wedding! more beautiful than i imagined! so fun it was great!~ Back to eating right and working out tomorrow i wanna be in onderland by valentines for sure! we stayed at the hotel where we had our first valentine's day it was great ! I'm back home though cuz we wanted to see our families before they left town . I can't wait to get some pics from my photographer! i will def share them
cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:37 AM   #419  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ladies. I am off work today and am about to go get my workout in this morning.

I'm going to be having a fun day out with a friend of mine later today and I thought it was a good idea to get the workout done early.

I started to post over the weekend and I avoided doing so because I had a gain at my TOPS meeting and I was so disappointed in myself. I know you all don't judge me but I was being very hard on myself. It took me a couple of days to get out of that "funk".

Yesterday, my resolved returned....I will not give up! I will keep doing...not trying..but doing...doing is the only way I'm going to get this done.

Carri: I saw that you posted you are off work today too. Enjoy the extra "you" time! You are being so diligent in posting your food and I see it is working for you...I know I must do it too. Thanks for keeping me inspired that way.

Veronica: What a beautiful bride you were! I can't wait to see more pictures.
So, now that you are done with the wedding we will start the mileage tracker?

I think you said 700 miles by then end of the year? I think Dee is doing this with us. Anyone else want to start?

Alyssa: Yeah for you on the water intake and that it showed a loss! This board is such a great place to keep motivated, to get help and help others.
It looks like you and Veronica are planning on arriving to ONEderland by Valentines Day. It's going to be fun to watch the two of you traveling there and getting there.

Dee: I watch Nashville, but I didn't watch General Hospital although I am a HUGE fan of Rick Springfield, also known as Dr. Noah Drake!

Liz: I hope that DS is feeling better. I think the online accounting class is a very good idea. Anything you do to learn more and keep your working skills up is a plus for your career.

How are you doing with getting back to the number on the scales that you want to see?

Hi Mel!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:14 PM   #420  
Sandee

G'd Afternoon Girls,

Victoria

Alyssa, U r doing great! Just take control to hit your Feb. 14th goal. Daily log yourself, like charting so U can easily see what U have yet to finish that day/week. That realllly does make a big impact on us, especially so we do Not go on a craving binge Like last night I wanted a candy bar really bad, so I made a substiute to get over it. (I spread low-fat/low-sodium margarine on a high-fiber English muffin & sprinkled choc.chips on it; when I don't have any chocolate chips/syrup/peanut butter, I sprinkle on brown sugar) anyways that works for me, just like cinnamon toast does when I'm craving a candy bar. I love eating fruit desserts, but not every day.

Carri, I'm thinking U r prob celebrating your day off like Susie; but Im picturing U eating Sushi right now

Susie, don't feel bad about the gain cause it happens to everyone. Your back on track & thats all that matters w reaching your health goal. I'm starting my walking tomorrow for our yrly challenge. Your weather must b very nice to b out today, 'Have Fun', we're going through bitter temps today/tomorrow 18*

We stayed home Sunday & dh painted our laundryroom & putting down new flooring tomorrow. Saturday from my '2013-Did-It' List we ordered new island/kitchen countertops & sink & faucet, we r both excited to have the kitchen updated from 2001 when we built our home. Also on my '2013 List' I wrote learn to 'crochet', well the ladies that said they'd teach me went to Florida for the winter; so I'm taking a class @ JoAnn's Fabrics, Saturday & 2 wks later I take a advanced class & I'll crochet myself a shrug for strapless dresses & a large heart-shaped rug for my bathroom So I'm on my way w achieving my 1 monthly '2013-Did-It' crossed-off my list 'Jan./Feb.'

Monday's menu
Breakfast: 1 poached egg on toast, 1 banana, hot peach tea.
Lunch: 2 mugs of chili, water.
Supper: 2 servings sherpherds pie/veggies, mashed potatoes w lemon water.
snacks: cinnamon toast, 1 orange, vanilla/peppermint protein shake.
Activity: Lifted my hand-wts, cleaned the floors.

LeeAnne, Liz, Mel