Old 01-08-2013, 07:25 AM   #376  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

Dee, I'm so sorry your TOPS ppl are like that, you don't need them, you have us!! I'm glad you're joining our mileage challenge that will be great!

Susie, I added you on fb, i didnt get the message though. FB is weird sometime . I heard you say you needed a push, well ok. I do too I know how to push others , just not myself . I do great everyday til dinner then I get weak and eat trash. I am saying to you right now. Lets get tough and take it one day at a time. One meal at a time. Eat healty at breakfast and resist temptation one meal at a time. Lets be accountable. I will communicate with you on FB whether I stayed 100 percent on plan for that day or not. Can't wait!

Monday will be my Official weigh in day too! I was thinking about that and I have been weighing in each day and instead of gaining momentum I'm losing it because I watch my weight fluctuate too much and get discouraged. Im' going back to once per week. I was 208 and a half yesterday, *sob*.

I got tons! i mean tons! done yesterday , met with the day of coordinator, the pastor went over final details, paid off the caterer, figured things out with the sax player, bought candy buffet jar labels, received my pew clips, bouquet holders, cake cutter, mr, and mrs, chair sashes, address labels with my new last name on them, we made a box for each table, with the candles for that table, holders, plates, silverware etc, my aisle runner will be coming in the mail today, *thank you amazon.com* and my linens will be here tomorrow. I bought all the plastic cups for the bar, plastic plates for the cake and silverware and napkins for the cake , coffee stirrers to suck your mixed drink out of. I'm almost ready! I even picked up garbage bags to use to clean up our venue. Whew I'm beat, I am still behind on miles that is stressing me out! Ok ladies I hope you all have a great day!!

CArrie , Liz, Mel Hey I hope you do great today, Smile
cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:14 AM   #377  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies !!!! Yes, I have not been in here because I wasn't feeling well as Susie said, I think just the caffiene wdl headaches and sck to my stomach, just my body adjusting back to the healthy way of eating and detoxing has been hard on me...I do feel somewhat better today...usually it takes me about a week to feel better and I really just started on Friday so by end of this week I should be feeling back to my old self.

The good news is that I lost 2 lbs already !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So that will help keep me on the straight and narrow too ...

I know I missed alot of posts the last four days so wont do a lot of personal posts.

Liz !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course we would LOVE to have you back posting regularly...I always wished you would so you could update us on your maitenence anyway I know you can get right back in the groove and get those extra pounds off ....its so hard not to gain thru the holidays...and at least you had the sense to know when to turn it around and not let 7lbs become 27lbs

Hi to everyone !!! Hope you are having a good day.

Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:08 PM   #378  

Height: 5'7"

Hi--I hope everyone is having a good day. I'm doing good...I have my water bottle right here and just finished my lunch. I'm about to go walk the inside building trail. I meet my walking partner tonight at the Y to walk on the track from 6:45 to 7:50, stretch and go home.

Carri: I'm so glad you are back and I'm crossing my fingers that the body adjusting back to the healthy way of eating and detoxing is over for you and you will feel great from here on out.

I'd say that losing 2 lbs already will help keep you on track!

Victoria: I've been checking out your FB Since you are having issues staying onplan at dinner time; I'm wondering if you pre-plan the meal and if not do you thnk it would help?

Hi Liz, Dee and LeeAnn!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:50 PM   #379  
Low Carb

S/C/G: 225/ ticker /135

Height: 5' 2"

Hello everyone thought I'd post before I lay down to wk for the triplets tonite @ 10p -7a

Carri I am proud of you for facing your demons that's inside of us "foodies". I start my detox on Jan 12th I have 4 days off. I really feel better on low carb my Dr loves my labs too ( Diabetic)

Susie your focus on walking makes me want to get back into mine. The eliptical inside will have to do for now it's too cold here . I've lost some of my " I'm from Illinois I can take the cold " kinda person. Springtime I will get out there. Got a pedi today & awaiting new Ryka shoes from QVC to get me motivated.

Mini & Cheeri

Have a good day everyone I applaud your strength !

Last edited by 1spunkygal; 01-08-2013 at 12:58 PM.
1spunkygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:53 AM   #380  
~Tori~

Hey girls, I am a tad depressed on the weight loss end of this journey. However, I am jogging! I finished my final day of week one last night. I am getting stronger. Ate a whole cheesecake yesterday with my cousin. and 4 sandwiches..idk what my problem is. ( Susie, you're right, i don't plan) I will tday though and these last ten days, even if I dont get to onederland I'll try my hardest to stay on plan and workout HARD.

my table cloths are coming today, my cake stand too. I got my aisle runner yesterday. and I'm almost ready, gonna do a lot of spray paintint today for my chargers ,

Have a great day
Old 01-09-2013, 10:24 AM   #381  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies ...had a good OP day yesterday, and I was feeling much better.

Victoria - I think Susie is right, planning out a meal ahead of time is so much easier and better on you...I make a meal plan every Sunday and only get the groceries for those meals...then every night I know what I am making...so there is no temptation to get something thru a drive thru or a pizza...or just make junk at home....but now, sadly, you have me wanting cheesecake, lol

Susie - Thanks for the thoughts and encouraging words, like I said above I am doing better today...and yeah the start of a little weight loss is keeping me on track for right now

LeeAnn - since I'm a diabetic too I also feel better on low to lower carb ...since I'm just starting back on I am trying to wean myself off of the sweets and breads, still having a little a day but just fitting it into my calorie range ...but I want to get back off of them in the next few weeks...

Hi Dee, Mel, and Liz !!

Oh and yes I was watching Biggest Loser, seems like Jillian came in this season to be a lot meaner at first, haha ...I guess she is making up for the two seasons she lost. But her team sure is dwindling so she might want to rethink her approach ....

I also started a weight loss challenge here at work on Monday ...I am heading it up here, I only got 6 people, which is surprising, but oh well those 6 people really need it, so hopefully I can insprire and encourage them to lose with me.

Have a great day !!!
Old 01-09-2013, 01:24 PM   #382  
Sandee

so What r U eating for lunch today? That was my dh last question as he left for work @ 4:30am today so I asked him if he was hungry already? I gave him a small NewYork cheesecake & my 1 serving lasagna from the freezer & kissed him 'goodbye'.
Ok, I think that while we r trying to have a 'healthy weight' it sometimes confuses our guys, like they may wonder if 'they also should b eating like us' I keep telling my dh, 'no he needs much more & I never limit his food; because he works w manufacturing steel machinery all day & the only time he sits, is @ his computer re-drafting a blue-print & his 2 breaks/lunchtime. Otherwise he is always moving & then @ home for about 3 hrs daily. I keep telling him 'his body needs' more calorie/fat/carb for his energy strength than I do, so to eat whatever he needs/wants.

LeeAnne I wish I was w U caring for your triplets, I am sooo jealous of you. I'm so proud of U for keeping your health focus & detoxing next week Great idea buying New shoes to start the New Year, I like Ryka too & I have their water-aerobic shoes. TY for not forgetting about us here, we're your family also & we need U with us Is a elliptical easier on our knees than my old treadmill? Have a wonderful week & nights!

Victoria Reading your posts makes me 'envy your mom' U have it sooo together w your life right now. I would hire U to work w me on my clients party events, I have been very impressed on what U have accomplished in such a short time. The food is just a small bump in the road; it's all about making 1 hour for yourself to make a weekly menu & buy that food & write/label 'mommy' on the boxes/food to eat seeing it will help remind U that U r getting Healthy for U & your family. After the wedding b sure to put yourself on your daily planner w logging your food/activity/weight. TY for being such a sweetie-pie about my tops club post, it hurts when ppl use us for their selfish needs. Okay the wedding is approaching, sooo pleasee watch your sodium & do Not add any salt to your meals, Also eat more protein & fiber & more water, it keeps our energy levels up to prevent any hydration & also if constipation/nerves is hitting U I was told by a dietician yrs ago to take 1 aspirin every morning/evening. And take a walk or a nap Daily, your body will TY. Delegate, delegate, delegate like I said 'your mom & mom-inlaw & family want to help U prep for the wedding U know why U binged, so U know how to stop-it, B prepared w having Healthy food ready to eat. I have a dark chocolate candy bar, zip-lock bags w nuts, choco.chips, dried fruit, low-salt pretzels in my car, & these lava cookies w just 20 cal/5 carbs/12 mg sodium each. http://www.zonya.com/pdf/recipes/Cocoa_Lava_Kisses.pdf And make some tortilla filled appetizers & toss them in the freezer, to thaw or micro. for a treat instead of chips, etc because U can put a healthy filling inside (U will think your eating a no-no & actually U r eating a yes-yes. We love U, just enjoy these special days because your journey is as lovely as your family is

Carri, I am so happy for your work challenge TY for the update on the Biggest Loser & Jillian I know this Will b your year to achieve your goals. 1 day @ a time, 1 meal @ a time we WILL b Healthier in 2013.

Susie, I was sooo sleepy when I replied to your PM yesterday afternoon, I'm sorry about the edits. PM me about what happens.

Liz & Mel

Have a Great week everyone, I'm going w dh to his oncology appt today, hopefully all tests r stable.

DeeDee
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #383  

Height: 5'7"

Hi. Popping in before I head to the Y. Tonight I will bike for 30 min and do the elliptical for 15 and then stretch and head home.

I also got two 15 min walks into at work. Together they are about 1 mile.

I saw some talk about ellipticals. I used to use this machine all the time but then got into the 5k's and started walking. When I walk, I walk fast..it's a lot of pounding on my knees..like with running...both put about 2x your weight pressure on your knees and feet. With my osteoarthritis knee and the left foot fracture on the top of my foot, I can say that yes, I would say that correct!

My Ortho doctor told me that I can do road work training (being on a indoor track, or walking outside) no more than 2 times a week when I'm training for a 5k race. And from now on, only one 5k race a month and he would like to see a month's break between them.

The rest of the time if I am just casually walking on a track or street then I'm ok to walk it at a normal walking pace (so this is what I do at work on the building track). I'm using those walks to just at "steps" to my movement.

For the rest of my exercise, I am to use the recumbent bike (or I can bike outside) and the elliptical. This keeps the impact off my knees and feet and I can still burn calories and get my speed up and do hill trainng and so forth.

I am doing great with my food. I have found that I break the food that I would eat at my meals up and eat more often. Like today, I had a ceral bar this morning and then some greek yogurt, at lunch I had soup and half a peanut butter sandwhich and watermelon. When I came home from work I ate the other half of the beanut butter sandwich. When I get back from working out, I will have the rest of my ravioli from our dinner out on Sat. (I have gotten 3 meals out of that one dish!) and the left over broccoli that we had on Monday with another meal. Then if I want, I get 2 pieces of dark Dove chocolate.

Dee: Please let us know how the doctor appt for DH went. I have been and am praying about it.

I did get your PM and thank you for your help with the KOPS graduation ceramony that I am planning for our new KOPS. You have me some lovely ideas.

Victoria: Dee gave some great advice on how and what to eat before the wedding (and afterward) as did Carri. Isn't this place just great?! You are too..you got me moving again with my walking.

I'm so excited about you wedding and love reading about what you are doing. I've seen some of the pictures you have on FB as you have been planning your wedding. It is going to be lovely and so will you!

LeeAnne: You are doing great with all the new hours and changes you have had to make to your lifestyle. What color did you get for your pedicure?
I LOVE pedicures!

Carri: Good for you for stepping up with the weighloss challenge at work. I know this will help you gain momentum and get the remainder of that 26 lb gain off!

I think Jillian might want to re-think her approach too.

Liz: You doing ok? I know you had a trip planned, but I wanted to check in with you.

Ok..got to get changed and get to the Y. It's fun to unwind from work with you gals!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:40 AM   #384  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies …not much going on here, had another good day yesterday food wise …stayed within my 1600 cal range…was just making out my meal list for next week so I can organize my grocery list and I am actually enjoying it again…the planning of healthy meals…getting the fresh ingredients…I get all my meat ( and some produce ) at Whole Foods ( meat is so fresh there ) and the rest of the stuff I need at Kroger. I try a lot of recipes off of www.skinnytaste.com …if you haven’t been to her site yet check it out …tons of great healthy recipes…and everyone I have tried on there so far is good.
Excited to make the cauliflower fritters next week one evening.

I cook dinner ( or dh does most of the time ) every night at home…we may eat out once on the weekend but mostly we are at home eaters …so much easier to retain control of your portions and calories that way.

Victoria – I am going to have to try and find you on fb. Will look for you today.

Susie – you have such a great handle on your exercise…great job….ya know speaking of elipticals…I hate the one I have at home…we paid 1600.00 for it and it is SO hard …I used the one’s at the gym and loved them, but the one we bought is quite hard, even on the lowest level…dh uses it sometime but I just kind of gave up …might try again once I get more into the swing of things.
I agree with you on the food thing …I too have been eating something every couple of hours instead of sticking to 3 straight meals …great way to get around the hunger.

Hi Mel, LeeAnn, Liz, and Dee

Well the soda bloat is gone and I definitely feel smaller after this past week ( today has been one week since I started back on strictly ) …makes me feel a whole lot better and helps me stick to plan. Of course I am not gonna feel real good about myself until I get back under 200 again …but I will get there.
I will make a mini, mini goal of getting into the 2 teens for right now …who knows – maybe I could be there next week or this week even !!!!

Have a great day all !!!!!!
Gonna rain here all day.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:22 PM   #385  
Sandee

It's lunchtime I just finished eating a 6" Subway sub, from last night. We stopped for supper & I just wasn't hungry & I drank a Dr.Pepper instead.

My dh's cancer is gone, he has been in remission since Jan.2011, (No cancer tumors) his oncology doc said & she kept it a 'secret from us', to keep him taking his chemo RX & be sure he wouldn't have a 'recurrence during 2012'. Of course we r thrilled that dh has 'no cancer'; but to put us through the stress of worrying everytime dh was sick, was Unkind to us from Jan.2011. Everytime since Jan.2011 that dh was in pain/sick I worried that dh cancer tumors were enlarging or metasticizing; she said on those days 'his body was just reacting to normal health issues' & I prayed, cried & worried wondering if 'that would b dh last day w me', that was cruel of her, she should've told me. Dh & I both r not happy w her treating us like children, doctors know their power w their patients lives because they r in control of the tests/surgeries/RX & we r @ their mercy to help us. She also told my dh to 'use me as his health role model because I take just 1 RX daily for high blood pressure, we both laughed @ that remark. My dh 'is a total man' & lives how he wants & that IS why she knew that he would stop his RX if he knew he was in remission in 2011 instead of continuing it in 2012 to give him the best outcome. Now dh only has to see doc every 6 months now getting his labs done w a yrly CT I want to go to celebrate 'dh/us' on a nice warm beach, but thats not do-able this spring Dh was having mood-swings on our way home from his doc appt. about how our life will change now He's gotta get life & our marriage back in a normal focus now after years of dealing w his cancer.

Girls, I'm a 'pedicure virgin' My feet r very tickleish so I do my own pedi's, only the podiatrist has touched them when I had a callus & he used the same rotary tool I use on my doggies Sooo for about $30 U can get that tool w accessories & give yourself 15 pedi's Let's start posting our daily menu's again I gotta keep myself Honest daily. Now that dh's cancer is over I want to get back on FB, but dh's ex/crazy wife lives 30 mi from us & dh told me to stay off FB, because we have a mutual friend that would gossip about us & dh's ex would give us grief, she's so arrogant. Actually I really don't have extra time for FB I am so busy daily, so I agreed w dh for now.

Susie, I feel sooo lazy after reading about your 'high-energy days/nights' U r Always very inspiring to me, 'Go WonderWoman' 'U r sooo very welcome' for the graduation info I shared w U TY for all the good info U shared about walking, I'm into it too, but it will take me a while to catch-up w U. for your being OP w good eating this week. W having such a long day & job commute, how do U keep your energy level up all day & what time do U go to sleep @ night? What r your fav walking/work-out shoes, I have flat arches (TMI) Tell me to 'shut-up DeeDee', or 'want beets for supper DeeDee' when I ask questions U don't want to answer

Carri, Great job w your OP week TY for the recipe link, I bookmarked it! I watched Rachael Ray this morning, a person was on, I'm going to read Amazons reviews about her book 'The Virgin Diet' by JJ Virgin about replacing foods. With the flu being sooo bad, I agree w U about not eating out much during the year, homemade is tastier/healthier/safer; do U use your outdoor grill in the winter, it's lots of fun I'm suffering through a prob w my 'eardrum/eustacian tubes pressure/pain' for a week now & can't see my ENT till next Thur. I finished my antibiotics, I've tried Sudafed, my neti-pot, aspirin, pinch-my-nose to pop my ears, Sweet Oil drops & nothing works; got any ideas till I see the doc Did U have a ear prob also? Sorry about U & the soda, I'll keep drinking mine when I run errrands because it's relaxing & better than my chocolate/strawberry milkshake w less cal/fat/carbs. I'm happy that U r feeling good now; your Thin days r coming for U

LeeAnne, Victoria, Liz & Mel

Break= 1 breakfast burrito w a orange & mint tea
Lunch= 6" Subway sub w water & sweet potato chips & 2 pickles
Supper= southern fried potatos & carrots w hot tea & a banana & chocolate pudding... I came back tonight to log my meals
snacks= none today

Last edited by miniDoodles; 01-10-2013 at 08:37 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:14 PM   #386  
~Tori~

Hey I'm all about posting our daily menus, today my family gave me a surprise visit and took me out for chinese. I did better than I would have in the
past but could have done better :P , thats ok, I bought all the alcohol for the wedding today, I also spray painted all 56 chargers and my dads chair gold . whew all done yay!1
Old 01-11-2013, 07:20 AM   #387  
~Tori~

Alright, I'm not sure how you ladies normally format these daily menu plans but here's my shot at it.

Breakfast, 1egg+1 egg white, with one piece of bread, salsa, and protein shake.
Protein shake @10am
Lunch, Tuna & Cabbage or lettuce , more protein
Mid day Protein
dinner Chicken , 1 slice toast, Veggie, protein shake,

If you're wondering why so much protein shake , its to keep me from being too hungry. This is how the program works but its a no carb shake and low cal, 25 cals a serving.

only went 2 miles yesterday gotta go for 4 today, Wahhh. Have a nice day girls. I promise I will stay true to my menu plan as i have 8 days to do as much damage to this fat as possible!!
Old 01-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #388  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies …

Victoria – I keep forgetting when is the wedding? Soon? Sounds so exciting to get it all together …also I love protein shakes too, but I can never find one that is low calorie and low carb that doesn’t have artificial sweetener in it, cause I won’t use any of that….I think they are a great idea, always staves off my hunger for a while.

Dee – AWESOME news about dh’s cancer….so happy for you both that he is healthy and the cancer is gone !!!! I do agree with you that the doc was wrong for not telling you that for a whole year ! What a needless amount of stress for such a long time….hope things can get back to normal for you both now and you can work on things.
I too am also very ticklish in the feet but I have to have my pedi’s over the Summer …just looks so much nicer when a professional does it, haha

Also I do think we should go back to posting what we ate, so here we go:

1/10/12
Breakfast: Jimmy Dean Breakfast sandwich – 350 cals
Lunch : Wendys Chili ( 220 ) and 4 pc nuggets ( 180 ) , 2 saltines – 25 cals….– 400 cals
Snack – Nature Valley Granola Bar – 190 cals
Dinner – cup of soup -170 …half grilled cheese sandwich – 240
Snack – Rice Krispie Treat – 90 cals ….Oikos Strawberry yogurt with 2 T granola ….165 cals
Total for day : 1625
Amount of calories I can have per my Lose It app for weight loss is 1620 per day…so I was over 5 calories.

Have a great day everyone !! And great weekend if I don’t get in here …
Old 01-11-2013, 09:08 PM   #389  
Sandee

Hi, what a strange winter its been today it hit 50* w fog & rain & icey roads last night & next Friday maybe the 20*s.

Dh crashed after supper so here I am w U I had a bridal party fitting @ 4pm. The bridal party bought long gray suede skirts [they want me to shorten after the wedding] & gray suede high-heel boots to match & I designed blouses for their skirts. The girls in their late 20's wanted to wear their clothes several times afterwards, so we got together in Nov. & I sketched them, they got their skirts/boots @ Macy's; the blouses I made r: violet, pale pink, light plum, pale burgundy & the maid-of honor's is a dusty gray. Their blouses r romantic w semi-sheer chiffon bodice fabric w sheer long sleeves & a long deep-v ruffled neckline flowing to the hem & the sleeve cuffs r 3 ruffle layers. I took pattern pieces from 3 blouse styles & integrated them. Anyway they each looked gorgeous & fit perfect. The guys r wearing gray suede vests I made them instead of a tux, w charcoal gray slacks & the bride bought ties w a similar bridesmaid blouse colors; no matchy-matchy. ps: Fashion Star returns in March, sigh. The bride bought her gown @ David's, but I'm making the groom's cake, a 4-layer banana-creme sheet cake & peanut-butter creme frosting alternating w the banana-creme frosting layers . Her wedding is 2 weeks away.

Victoria, I like protein shakes too & have a couple during the week for a extra-energy boost. My current brand I'm drinking again is Jillian Michaels chocolate whey, no artificial sweeteners/flavoring, I like her vanilla too. I just read the can, it has 7 carbo, 15 protein & 100 cal. What's yours called, I didn't know there was a 25 cal protein shake? Your menu looks good, I see why the protein shakes r helping U because I eat more food after getting to my goal.

Carri, TY for your good wishes for dh & I. The last 2 days we're acting like we're dating when we're together, so cute & hot. I know U have 100's of nail polishes, have U tried the Sally Hansen gels, or any of the gels & do U like them? U didn't answer me about my 'ear' question.... I thought U r lactose intolerant? Have U tried coconut milk or yogurt, I was told they r yummy & it is not dairy. I'd eat w U today, except for the rice krispies bar/granola bar unless it was filled w fruit or chocolate

Breakfast: veggie omelet & a orange & cranberry tea.
Lunch: bbq pulled pork sandwich & 3 pickles & rootbeer soda.
Supper: spaghetti & 3 breadsticks & water.
snacks: sugar & cinnamon toast, pb on crackers, tea.

Shark Tank's coming on soon, I gotta see the new inventions. Oh watch the Miss America contest Sat. night too. Have a wonderful weekend I have a earache/headache tonight so, I'm sorry for any bloopers in my post.

Susie, LeeAnne, Liz, Mel
Old 01-11-2013, 10:40 PM   #390  
Low Carb

S/C/G: 225/ ticker /135

LeeAnne I wish I was w U caring for your triplets, I am sooo jealous of you. I'm so proud of U for keeping your health focus & detoxing next week Great idea buying New shoes to start the New Year, I like Ryka too & I have their water-aerobic shoes. TY for not forgetting about us here, we're your family also & we need U with us Is a elliptical easier on our knees than my old treadmill? Have a wonderful week & nights!

LOL I wish you were there to help me w the triplets. I went down 2 this week YIPPEEE ! I need to get my eating pattern down pat. I think I have to stick with oatmeal & gentle stuff @ night my tummy does better that way & such not good on low carb but WHATEVER works @ this point in time. I wish everyone well & will post more this wknd when I'm off
1spunkygal is offline   Reply With Quote