Old 01-03-2013, 10:14 AM   #361  
It is what it is...

Susie - its 26lbs but who's counting, lol !!!!!

Morning Ladies - I had a fairly good day yesterday, and very little soda...I am thinking I can be totally off of it by tomorrow or Saturday, which has been quite an ordeal, haha ...I'm gonna miss you cherry coke.

My food was cut way back...and I made healthier choices all day...I did have a caramel santa during the afternoon but I can't go right back on and expect to be perfect right away ...plus it was only 170 cals so it couldve been worse.

How are the rest of you doing?
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:28 PM   #362  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Carriiii I ate 2 bean & beef burritos for breakfast w a cherry-Dr.Pepper, its supposed to b our highest cals/fat/carb meal of the day; so everyone has All Day, to burn-off those grams by moving our butts/feet/arms [if I counted that stuff I'd scare myself, so I just read labels & nutrition info. & eat the healthiest choices] I'll eat Better the rest of my day. Normally I eat my worst meal for breakfast & get-it over with, so far its worked almost 6 yrs @ 143-147 lbs & still a size 10/12 @ goal. My soda favs r Dr.Pepper, Root Beer, but when I'm sick Ginger Ale to settle my tummy. I did ask our Internalist doc about Tums & soda & she said the carbonation is so similar, so drink the soda if it makes me Happy so I doooo.

I'll be back to do individual posts later. However................

Victoria, If there is anything, that U r on the fence about being unsure of while working on your wedding plans, decorating, food, etc. I'm sure everyone here is ready to give U some ideas/help; just tell us your questions U r pondering & your guest # & theme & budget. I've done weddings & receptions & wish I was w U in person to give U support, smiles & hugs. Everything that U do will b sooo dreamy & perfect for your special day I'm always here for U & I can give U my e-mail or phone# if U need me, just let me know. I'm sure your mom & new mom-inlaw r also wanting to help U everyone loves U & wants U to feel like a Princess on your day w your Prince & girls

Last edited by miniDoodles; 01-03-2013 at 01:29 PM.
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:16 AM   #363  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

Dee- Thank you So much, you are so sweet. Last night I ordered my flowers from sams club online, and my table cloths, i confirmed my headcount, and today I pay off my dj, make my deposit on my cake and chairs, Yesterday I didnt walk, I said oh i'll do it in the evening since i'm so busy,,well i didnt so now I have to walk more miles a day to reach my goal. I'm such a silly sally.

Satine- I know you must be upset but like you said, it is what it is, you will get it off and we are your support system. You can come here and be accountable tell us how you ate, if you walked and most of all weigh in once a week. I am learning a lot abut what makes me gain and how quick it comes because I weigh in 3x a week. ( a tad obsessive don't ya think) But when I skip the scale its like its not there and I keep going with my candy and bread binges) I CRAVE that stuff once I have a little its awful . But ok 26 pounds to lose, you got this ! this weight just got owned you're going to smash it and 26 more by the summer you watch.

I will definitely share my pics with you girls, i made a lot of hard decisions last night. idk about posting pics here maybe its easy, i'll check. but I have face book and I can make a group on there where you can join it then I can post my pics and stuff have a great day , I'm going walking before anything else!
cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:27 AM   #364  
Low Carb

S/C/G: 225/ ticker /135

Good morning everyone ! I was 202 on Jan 1st & I stayed the same today . I wish everyone well & stay on plan (today is my treat day) Pizza w the grandgirls tonight.

Cheeri- Good weather & wedding day wishes !

Satine- Love the new pic & youre right "it is what it is"

Last edited by 1spunkygal; 01-04-2013 at 09:26 PM.
1spunkygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #365  

Height: 5'7"

Hello Everyone. We have sunshine today and that just makes me feel better!

I weighed in at TOPS last night and stayed the same. At first I was disappointed because I wanted to have a loss, but then I said "well..it's the first number of the year and what makes a diference for the TOPS records is that number and the number on Dec 26, 2013".

My Lose It app tells me that if I start today at my current weight and I want to loose 2 lbs a week (it only allows me to put in a weight loss of 2 lbs a week--no more than that) so that I can get to to 239 (that has been my lowest weight in the last 10 years and it was 10 years ago) I can reach that by July 12.

So that's my plan.

I'll come back tonight and do personals--just got called into a meeting.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:24 PM   #366  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Hey gals!! Sorry to break in, I know it's been a heck of a long time, but I feel like I need some support lately so hopefully you don't mind me nosing back in.

My weight has been edging up the past couple of months, and I am sitting at 142-143 now. It feels funny to worry about 5-10 pounds given my history but it really makes a difference now, plus I am thinking a lot about the slippery slope that weight gain is!

I'm sorry I haven't been around, I think about you ladies a lot but just don't seem to find the time to post (except of course when I need your help, bad me)...anyways hope you all are well, obviously can't catch up but if you don't mind I will jump in!!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:05 AM   #367  
~Tori~

Hey Girls , Good Morning!

Liz- Welcome back ! Nice to meet you, I am Victoria, getting married two weeks from today, doing low carb program +walking. Stay at home mom to three little gals.

Susie- Hey ,I set a walking goal for the year of 700 miles. Thats alot but I decided that if I take up this 5k thing it might go quicker. It is an ambitious Goal for me but I don't want to set one too easy or whats the point. After The wedding lets shoot for 60 miles a month? thats Roughly 15 miles a week .Its a serious comittment. What about instead of miles we do minutes? example generally speaking an 5 hours a week or 300 minutes broken up any way we want? thats 20 hours a month and 240 hours for the year? This way if you get less mileage in an hour you don't feel discouraged and it can help us manage better. idk just a thought. because yesterday when jogging i didnt go for distance I went for time and it really encouraged me more than , get to that tree way up there before you stop. I knew I'd have to jog 60 seconds, watched my stopwatch, then walk for 90. much more motivating to watch the clock count down. Any how I know that was a long personal. lol I'm really proud of you and the lose it thing is a good measure but sometime you can lose even faster than 2 lbs a week so maybe you'll get there quicker than you think!

Spunk- Thank you so much I'm waiting for my linens to come in by next week wednesday to decide what color to paint my charger plates , they're green..i got them at walmart on sale from the holiday clearance at 24 cents a piece so i snatched em up now i gotta paint em gold . lol 60 of them. yikes. i like diy stuff but darn thats a lot.

Dee- You're such a great person. I'm so glad I found you all! Well..food is decided, linens are bought , so are flowers, problem is I got champagne colored linens, but the only chairs my supplier can get is gold chiavari chairs and i thought fruitwood would look better. gold and champagne are similar looking and i dont want ppl to think i tried to get all matchy matchy and failed..but its done now thats all she wrote. I'm a total diy bride, i ordered my roses and petals from sams, i ordered my linens online, i bought all my own vases and candle holders , i'm buying the long lasting tea lights. I did hire a dj, caterer, videographer, photographer , and a sax player for the ceremony. I'm trying to stay on budget but I think im cutting it quite close..hope all turns out well. oh and I got a great baker for my cake. I found a classic beautiful topper at goodwill for 59 cents. So i splurged on my vendors but went cheap on decor hopefully it wont look cheap since i tried to keep it all very simple .
Old 01-05-2013, 08:08 AM   #368  
~Tori~

Default Oh I forgot

I only went two miles yesterday, was sposed to go another mile in the evening but didnt because we were out of food so i had to go shopping and didnt get home til 930 and i was too tired to even put the groceries away. my honey had to do it and i went to bed. I was up early , jogged and drove all over town making final decisions/payments.

I forgot to say that today I have to do 4.5 miles to keep good on my goal of 100. no jogging today as its rest day for that but i will jog tomorrow again. my quads are a tad sore..I wont weigh in til monday but yesterday was at 207 , I can do this 1derland by the wedding thing I feel it!
Old 01-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #369  

Hi! I've been busy today cleaning the house and doing laundry. We are going to dinner tonight with friends at a italian resturant. I have looked at the menu and entered my food for what I plan to eat and what I have already eaten so that I'm with-in my calorie range. I thought it was best to do be prepared!

Liz!!!! Of course we are glad to see you here. I wish it weren't for the issue you are struggling with but you know that we are always here for those who used to post.

You are so right that weight gain is a slippery slope and you are wise to get back here and jump in. Are you still journeling your food? I remember that you always planned your sweet for the day in your calorie range. Are you still doing that? What are you doing for exercise?

Carri: Ok...so it's 26 lbs I was giving you credit for the 2 lbs that I know you will loose right away from getting the soda out of your day!

Victoria: It's so fun to hear about your wedding plans. It all sounds very lovely! You said you had a Facebook account. I am on Facebook too. If you would like for me to find you there and send you a friend request send me a private message here with your info.

You said that you know you can get to ONEderland by the wedding date and at 207 I believe you can. Go for it!

I am with you that after the wedding date we will shoot for 60 miles a month. It is so fun to have someone to log miles with.

I did 5 (I think it was 5..it might have been 4) 5k's last year. I walked them but still did them and I got my time down 10 min from the 1st one I did the year before. I was very proud of that accomplishment.

Dee: How are you feeling? Keep being good to yourself. Post when you can...you always inspire me!

LeeAnne: 202!!! You are almost to ONEDERland. How is the job going?

Ok..got to finish getting ready...have a lovely evening.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:36 PM   #370  

Victoria - Nice to meet you!! And congrats on your wedding! How exciting. How old are your girls? I have two kids, my son about to be 5 and my daughter who is about to be 3!

Susie - Thank you for the welcome back! I am not journaling but doing the same as I have done for quite a while, just counting in my head. I know very well that I am over, but somehow I am having a hard time reining it in. I know I can eat 1800 comfortably in maintenance, sometimes a bit more depending on the time of the month, and instead I have been eating probably like 2000-2200. So over time obviously it translates into a gain. Not much in terms of intentional exercise still, just making sure to move as much as possible! I am now along with my regular job taking care of a couple of boys on a part time basis, which keeps me fairly active (had them for 5 hours today) and then we went tobogganing which is fairly active too....but here I am glass of wine in hand eating a cookie now. Good for you on the 5k's!! I did one last year, that's awesome that you did 5!

Anyways things are OK today, eating not really in hand....tomorrow we are supposed to be going out for brunch and then shopping (we are headed to Niagara Falls NY to do some shopping...I have some things to pick up at a UPS box there since it's so ridiculously expensive to ship from the US to Canada!). So my plan is to eat a 500-600 calorie breakfast, no lunch, and a healthy salad with chicken for dinner, and a sweet snack before bed (yes Susie I am still a sucker for my snack!! haha). Hopefully I can stick to that!

Hope everybody has a good Saturday night and a great Sunday.

Last edited by sept15lija; 01-05-2013 at 07:38 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:28 AM   #371  
~Tori~

Default Hot, Tired and Still 208!!

did my second day of Training for C5K, was not as brutal as the first day. Still exremely hottt and tiring not gonna lie but I did better. Plus I didnt go alone.

Back up to 208 garrr, but prolly water weight as i had chinese for lunch at the mall while picking out my wedding shoes and bridesmaid shoes , and bra for under the dress. omg its really happening you guys!

Susie- I know This is awesome, I swear I'm so thankful for finding you guys. Great job on getting ur time down, NICE. My Facebook is : https://www.facebook.com/victoria.nicho1 , the rest of you girls who have Facebook can add me too if you want

Liz, Nice to meet you too , Thank you so much I have 3 little ladies. My girls are 8, 6, and 2.

Carrie, Dee , Spunk Everyone, have a great day!!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:08 PM   #372  

Hi!

We had a great dinner last night and I had leftovers for today. I was right at the top of my calorie range for the day but I didn't go over! That is a victory!

Liz: I know you will get back on track since you will be posting more and thinking of us here. You can do it....you don't want to have to take more than 7 lbs off...Remember 10 lbs is a pants size!

Victoria: I can't believe you have started the 5k training when you have a wedding in two weeks! Good for you!! I'm sure the Chinese food contributed to the 208...I bet it is already back off.

Thanks for the fb link...I sent you a friend request and a private message.

Ok Ladies, tomororw at work I'm going to get back to walking the inside trail in my buildings. I want to do that at least 3-4 times a week to add extra movement to my workout routines at the Y in the evenings. I am one who can think "I'm too busy" and just skip it and eat at my desk so I'm looking for some "push" from you gals.

Carri and Dee and LeeAnn: I hope you have had a great weekend and look forward to hearing from you guys tomorrow.

Is anyone watching the Biggest Loser this time? It starts tonight.

Last edited by MyChoice2bfit; 01-06-2013 at 06:09 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:11 PM   #373  

Susie - You are so right posting and thinking is exactly what the got the weight off last time and will do it again! And good reminder about the pants size, since my pants are getting a bit tight!

I did pretty well yesterday, not as well as I had hoped to do but was pretty good. I have to decide on a weigh in day! I weigh in daily but I like to do an official weigh in day too. I think I should do Mondays, that will give me incentive to be good on the weekend.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:48 PM   #374  
Sandee

Hey Girls

I hope U all r well, I'm getting closer, but not back to normal yet.

Last night tv was a big night, I was happy to watch something other than sports, reruns & pbs. We don't have a sat.tv dish, just a tv antenna & I missed the return of Revenge (I read the recap online today) & instead I watched Downton Abby from 9-11pm I did see the return of Once Upon a Time @ 8pm.

Yesterday I wrote personal posts to everyone & my puppy jumped onto my lap/laptop & crashed my page/blank

Susie, Our NBC signal gets fuzzy so I couldn't watch The Biggest Loser last night. I'm joining U & Victoria w the '60 miles a month' challenge; somedays I will prob use my step-pedometer indoors w our cold weather. Oh, since I resigned as the tops newsletter editor a month ago, our board has been giving me the cold-shoulder @ meetings & socially so I'm considering quitting tops, they r very clicky & I feel hurt & very used (I filled different offices for 5 yrs when nobody else would volunteer). During my sickness I canceled my [8] tops food clients & my primary focus will b my fashion/home interior sewing business for 2013 & I have about 20 non-tops food clients that I enjoy & will continue to cater food/meal orders for.

Liz, that's a fantastic idea to have WI on Mondays & b OP all weekend, those r my worst days also. Transferring to a different tops club that meets on Mondays will keep me in my size 10's, I set my goal @ 143# because I needed a easy to maintain weight & I don't like failing. My 6 yr goal anniversary is Feb. so far eating 1 serving size portions has worked great, I do not diet, instead I read labels & cook smart & eat everything I want; however I stay Honest by 'Logging in a notebook' Every Food I eat. U can b anything U want, U proved it when U hit your goal I have a nightly glass of wine, Moscato, etc. good for our hearts, or a soda or a chocolate milkshake & a dessert, just keep measuring your food serving size/Portion Control. Because 'depriving ourselves' will make us become secret bingers Have U analyzed yourself for a cause: tom, hormone change, salt-water retension, eating-out frequently, stress, holiday treats, etc. then it would b easier to fix how U gained 5#.

Victoria, Carri & LeeAnne
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #375  

Hello! I had a great on-plan day with food and with getting back to walking the indoor trail at work and I also went to the Y tonight and did 30 min on the recumbent (sp?) bike.

I only got to do the indoor trail for 2 loops so I only did about .75 miles and on the bike I did 5 so that's 5.75 miles for the day.

Dee: I'm so glad to hear that you are getting back to normal. Don't overdue; ease back into things. I want a healthy Dee!

I'm still coughing from this stuff and I caught it right at the begining so it's taking a while.

Shame on your TOPS group for treating you like that! I think you should find another one to attend.

I think you did a good thing with cutting out those foodie customers and focus on those that you enjoy and the fashion/home interior sewing business.

You are so right about not depriving ourselves or we are secret bingers..that is my biggest issue and I'm really trying to work through it this year.

I DVR'd Revenge and it will be a couple of days until I can watch it. I'm DVR'ing the Biggest Loser tonight and The Batchelor. I'm hoping to watch some of he Bathcelor in a bit. I love to DVR things so I can skip through the commercials.

I'm glad you will be joining me and Victoria on the Monthly Mile Challenge.

Anyone else want to joing?!

Liz: I think Monday's are a great official weigh-in day. Like you said it will keep you honest over the weekend--a very hard time for me because I'm such a routine person and weekends aren't routine for us.

Carri: I saw on FB that you aren't feeling good...I hope you are feeling better today. Post when you can.

Victoria: I know you are busy with the wedding but pop in when you can.

Hi Mel and LeeAnn!