Old 01-21-2013, 04:53 PM   #421  
There I am!

S/C/G: 279/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

I love MyFitnessPal. I have been using that for about a year now. I can log in here also with my daily meals. I am determined to get to Onederland by Valentine's Day. I actually jogged for the first time outside last night (so no one would see me). I went very slow but managed to go about 1 1/2 miles.

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 2 slices Healthy Life High Fiber Wheat Bread
Lunch: Spinach salad w/cherry tomato, peppers, mushrooms, SF dressing
Snack: Few cups of popcorn
Dinner: Chicken thighs, roasted cauliflower
Snack: Atkins Double Chocolate Crunch Bar
thnknthin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:04 AM   #422  
Low Carb

S/C/G: 225/ ticker /135

Height: 5' 2"

Morning Ladies hope all is well with everyone

I've been sick the last 2 days so no xtra duty for me till I'm free n clear of this cold. Haven't been eating much, oatmeal, soup, tea but haven't lost anything either.In fact I gained BOOOOO ! I can't seem to get my 7p-7a eating together MAYBE by being under the weather will help me get it together. NOBODY should be eating nachos @ 2 am...REALLY ? it turns my stomach right now just thinking about it

Last edited by 1spunkygal; 01-22-2013 at 09:06 AM.
1spunkygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:35 AM   #423  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies ….I had a great three day weekend, however I did not have a great three day weekend food wise…I sort of went off the rails on Saturday night and didn’t really do to good after that …I didn’t go crazy, but I didn’t count my calories at all and I’m sure I went way over on all three days…I never at any point had soda though so that’s a small victory, lol

I’m back on today, and this week is going to be SO hard for me anyway cause it’s my TOM that I only get every three months ( on the three month pill ), and because I only get it 4 times a year it seems harder on me that it should be….but I so appreciate only getting it that often – love that pill …

Victoria – I agree with Susie you looked so beautiful on your wedding day, can’t wait to see more pics…so happy that it was everything you wanted it to be.

Alyssa – being in Onderland by Valentines Day is going to be pretty hard…that would be 14 pounds in less than a month, but I think if you really want it and you work hard – its achievable !! So go for it !!!

Susie – thanks for the compliment…too bad I proved you wrong by my weekend excursion, lol !!!! Oh well ….

LeeAnn – sorry you have been sick, that stinks….and that you have gained….but your body just needs to adjust I bet …and no you don’t need nachos at 2am, haha …..but it does sound good to me.

Hi Mel, Liz, and Dee.

I am pretty grumpy this morning and just keeping to myself at work…didn’t wash my hair last night in the shower cause I just wanted to get in and out quickly and today my head feels greasy and itchy, so that is making me irritable….well that and the TOM hormones…
Just want this work day to hurry up and be over….well I guess I should say work week – but I shouldn’t wish away time….

Have a great day everyone.
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:37 PM   #424  
Sandee

Hello Girls

Girls, don't forget what a 'huge problem' Sodium is= weight gain, bloat, hypertension, kidney probs, cardio & more. It's as bad as Excess fat & sugar; but salt is Controllable by: *adding less amounts to your food;
*rinsing canned veggies prior to cooking/eating;
*using kosher salt because U have the flavor w/o using as much;
*order your French fries @ McD./BurgerKing, etc unsalted & they will drop a fry order for U;
*buy low-salt products tomato juice, etc;
*add salt to your food to enhance the taste after it's cooked instead of during cooking;
*when baking use 1/2 the amount the recipe asks for;
*add more herbs/lemon-lime juice to your foods;
*or just Enjoy the natural food flavors unsalted. Salt substitute chemicals r unhealthy so don't use them. Just read your food labels & compare the amts of sodium per serving & the Recommended daily Allowance & divide that amt in half to eat daily. Include eating 'half of the sodium daily allowance' into your 'healthy lifestyle' food plan. Like drinking a small soda or when a large soda is the same price as the small, just fill half the cup w ice cubes & enjoy the taste. These changes will help U keep-off weight.

Tonight is the 'Finale' of Private Practice on ABC I'll miss that show, I watched it all 5 yrs. I hope to see those actors roles visit on Grey's Anatomy. The Taste replaces it & looks great, maybe we can learn things from the cooks. A.Idol is on, I hope the girls behave tonight, Nikki's mouth runs like a odd 14 yr teenager & my dh's friends watch it to laugh @ her & her fake giant boobs falling-out. I told the guys the show Is about the 'audition voices' not Nikki If anybody has a 'yummy recipe' that is sorta healthy, please Post it for us, TY.

Breakfast: vanilla-banana protein shake w fiber English muffin.
Lunch: 1 mug chili, wheat crackers, 1 orange, w glass of water.
Supper: 2 serv. veggie lasagna, peach slices in hot cinnamon tea.
snack: 4 oatmeal cookies, w 2 glasses milk.
Activity: walked, lifted hand weights, cooked/sewed.

For the girls living above Florida, please b safe during these bitter cold days/nights so U don't get car-stranded & freeze & give your pets a extra blanket

Last edited by miniDoodles; 01-22-2013 at 01:42 PM.
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:49 AM   #425  
Low Carb

Thanks for those tips Dee: I've been eating alot of soup which we know is loaded w/sodium

Carri : I feel ya w/ the soda I struggle too Dr Pepper is my vice I even tried buying the little ones .... I drank 2 defeats the purpose

Victoria : Congratulations you made a beautiful bride from the 1 pic I saw.

Hello to the newbies that I probably missed

I'm back down 2lbs I don't know if I'm commin or going...LOL ! Trying after this to hop back on my Atkins Low Carb

Last edited by 1spunkygal; 01-23-2013 at 04:11 AM.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:18 AM   #426  
It is what it is...

Morning Gals ...I am so bloated from TOM and eating dh's homemade chili for the last three days...talk about your fiber, haha ....he makes awesome chili but it takes a toll on the system if you know what I mean.

I did watch The Taste last night Dee and i really liked it ...but I love Anythony Bourdain and Nigella ....so I would watch them on anything. I think I'll keep watching it.

Not feeling the greatest due to TOM so just kind of going thru the motions this week...not much energy...oh well, I'm a woman and have to get thru it and go on, right?

Have a great day all.
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:03 PM   #427  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

I weighed in last night at 213 RArrrr,
I had a Meatball sub for breakfast and some chocolate from the wedding,
going for my couch to 5 k jog now , wish me luck.
cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #428  

Height: 5'7"

I am finally here! Girls, I say it all the time but I am so crazy busy at work! I know we all have things that keep us busy. I am on the computer so much at work that I don't want to get on when I get home. BUT I can't go more than a day as I miss you all. MY DH calls you all my "chickes". lol

I'm getting ready to head out to the Y. I have made it Monday, Tues and Wed so far this week. I'm going to up my ellpitcal to 15 min and I will stick to the bike at 30.

My food is better this week...I'm not sneaking the treats here and there like I do sometimes and I "forget" to put them into my LoseIt app.....and when that happens I see a gain on Thursday.

Dee: My friend and I had a great time out and about on Monday. The weather was cold but we bundled up and ran into the Mall. There was a snow burst that stirred up a 80 car pile up on Interstate 75 and another one on Interstate 275 that involved 50 cars. I guess the snow came down quickly and people couldn't see and couldn't get traction. Their was one death in the 80 car pile up and it was a 12 year-old girl. Very sad.

We weren't on the road when that was happening but we did see it on the news.

How exciting to be getting a new kitchen! Also, wanted to say "good for you" for getting over that craving.

Carri: TOM used to make me very grouchy and I would keep to myself to...I could hardly stand myself and so I knew that other wouldn't want to be around me!

While you went off food plan a bit you didn't have the Dr Pepper so that is a victory! Be kind to yourself this week...it will go away and you can get back to being you.

LeeAnn: I think that nachos and cheese at 2:00 a.m. is when most people would eat that! lol Usually after a night at the bar. LOL.

Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. Take care of youself and get well soon and then you can get back on track.

Victoria: Couch to 5k...get going! When is your first race? I will be doing mine March 23. Walking it (my running days are gone with this knee) but I want my time to be lower than when I did this race last year. I keep a log of my races and my time.

Alyssa: I think it would be hard to lose 14 lbs by Valentines day but if you believe you can, then you should give it all you got! And we will be here to help you.

Food for Jan 22
B-Special K ceral bar, water
L=Lean Cuisine mushroom tortelline, water, peaches in their own fruit juice, 3 vanilla waffers
D=grilled cheese with green peppers and onion, pretzals, water
Snack: Healthy Choice frozen greek yogurt
Exercise: 45 min walk =1.50 miles, 10 min bike=2.60 miles

Ok..got to get to the Y. See you all tomorrow.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:27 AM   #429  
There I am!

No, I don't think I'm going to make my Valentine's goal of reaching Onederland either. I have been battling constipation something awful this week, which has been causing water retention. My weight on the scale has been all over the place. I'm 212.0 this morning and TOM is just around the corner so I have a double whammy going for me. But, I do hope to reach Onederland by end of February or begining of March.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:05 AM   #430  
Maintaining since 2013

S/C/G: Sz 20/Sz 8/Maintain

Height: 5'11

Just wanted to pop in and say thank you for posting the recipe below. I found it while searching for recipes.

I cut the recipe in half, used a little less sugar and added coconut oil and a tiny bit of sweetened coconut flakes. It's soooo good! Kind of like a healthier almond joy. I keep it in the freezer and when I need something sweet and/or a healthy fat (coconut oil) I eat one or two.

After I'm finished with this batch I'm going to experiment adding chocolate whey protein and pecan pieces for a small treat with protein.

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniDoodles View Post
Hello Girls,

Cocoa Lava Kisses Makes 40 cookies~ Hands-on/30 min. Oven/30 min.

These heavenly clouds of sweet chocolate work great to take care of a chocolate craving. Unbelievably, they’re fat-free! They are intensely sweet, which will make it easier to stop at 3, which is only 60 calories!
Preheat oven to 250°. Line 2 cookie sheets with wax paper.
3 egg whites
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
2 tsp water
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 T unsweetened cocoa powder
Place egg whites/salt in medium bowl. Whip with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add 1/2 cup of the sugar to egg whites while constantly whipping. Combine in a cup water/vanilla. Add to mix, a few drops at a time, alternating with the remaining 1/2 cup sugar while constantly whipping. Flake cocoa with a fork to break clumps. Sift if necessary. Fold completely into mix.Place bite-size rounded teaspoons (not tablespoons) of batter onto the wax paper-lined sheets.
Bake approximately 30 minutes. They will be dry on the outside, but moist and lava-like on the inside. They will retain their shape. (If they become completely dry like Styrofoam, they are overbaked.) While kisses are still hot, remove from wax paper and place on a wire rack so they will not stick. After cooling, store kisses in an airtight container.
These freeze well, making them convenient for future chocolate cravings!
Nutrition for 1 cookie: 20 Calories. Fat/Saturated Fat 0. Fiber 0. Cholesterol 0. Sodium 12 mg. Protein 0. Total Carbohydrate 5 g. Sugars 5 g.
http://www.zonya.com/pdf/recipes/Cocoa_Lava_Kisses.pdf
SunnySide99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:56 PM   #431  
Sandee

Hi Girls Just another cold day in the north today. I wish we were all enjoying Victoria's warm Florida weather

Carri, spoil yourself this week & treat yourself w a bottle of your fav SkinnyGirl drink & toss-in some blue-berries/strawberries for nutrition, or a hot-toddy get brave & go sing kareoke this weekend.

Victoria, don't b hard on yourself about the weight, U Can Do this! The extra pounds didn't happen in a few weeks, so we just have to b persistent & patient. U just went through a 'major life change w your wedding' so U need to have a vacation from pressure & 'have fun taking-off your pounds' like play w your girls & hubby & see the pounds falling-off while U play/laugh together.

Susie, sooo nice to hear that U r still 'our WonderWoman' w all your energy & work-outs after work What is your 'go-to food for 'extra'energy'??? Great to hear that you've been OP w/o munchies, you'll prob have a big loss @ tops this week

Hi Alyssa, we all get how U r feeling cause it happens to all of us. My doc told me to move the stuck poo, we gotta have extra fiber & drink lots more water to dump the poo. A friend of mine does naturopathy & told my tops club that sometimes when we take calcium pills it constipates us, so to add a daily vitaC & aspirin for a week to see if that will help get us regular. I've done what both of them said & it worked. Good luck. If U want to reach Onederland by end of February, I Know U can do-it just Never give up, set-up a Routine & follow it daily, even when U feel yucky U can do at least half of your routine that day & b Proud of yourself when U follow half of it.

LeeAnne, how was your detox? I hope it made your body feel refreshed I've never done it, my doc doesn't reccomend them, she prefers fasting using sliced veggies in water for a week. Good luck w using your Atkins Low Carb diet again. I mostly only drink my soda when I'm shopping & Dr.Pepper is also my fav, I fill my cup half-way w ice then add my soda, its less soda but I still get my taste-buds happy

SunnySide99, TY for your recipe tips, I'll b trying them soon. Come back & drop-bye anytime. We'd love to hear more from U

Breakfast: Cottage cheese, cinnamon/sugar toast & hot peppermint tea.
Lunch: Scalloped potatos, orange & choc. protein shake.
Supper: Lasagna & wine.
snacks: orange, scalloped potatos, hot raspberry tea, water w lemon.

Mel, Liz
Old 01-25-2013, 03:33 AM   #432  
Low Carb

Quote:
Originally Posted by thnknthin1 View Post
I have been battling constipation something awful this week, which has been causing water retention.
PLUMSMART 8 oz every morning & WELCOME to the forum
Old 01-25-2013, 07:00 PM   #433  
There I am!

I have done a number on my foot. I recently started the C25K program and started taking things outdoors and although it didn't hurt at the time, the next day my foot (the area where a bunion would be) was absoluely killing me. I've been icing it and alternating Aleve and Ibuprofen. If it doesn't get better I'll have to see if my doc will get me an x-ray. So, now even my walking is on hold till this feels better and I am really bummed out because I'm afraid the scale is going to go up. Plus TOM is coming really soon. At least the fiber tablets are starting to work. I don't need three whammys

I'll have to try the Plumsmart also. I bet it's good. Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 01-25-2013, 11:37 PM   #434  
Sandee

Hey Girls, well we got 4" of snow dumped on us this afternoon giving us 7" of snow so we're cross-country skiing & snowshoeing this weekend Just 2 wks ago it was a balmy 59* weekend & Ron took this pic of me @ Lake MI, while looking for sea-shells & drift-wood on the beach. I hope you'all have a fun weekend being active also & enjoy this beautiful 'fluffy' snow! When its bitter-cold, the roads r icey & no pretty snow to enjoy, winter is just nasty; but days like this r like a beautiful painting.

LeeAnne TY for the 'PLUMSMART' tip, I'm adding it to my health-tips notebook!

I took my crochet class @ JoAnn's today; they give a free kit from Lion Yarns: a skein of Vanna White's yarn, a huge totebag, book w 6 stitches & a crochet hook. Learned 4 stitches today & had fun In 3 weeks I take a advanced class & learn & make 2 items as our instructor teaches us how-to follow patterns, add beads, etc. I'm going to 'set 2 of my crochet projects in my 'food areas' to remind me to do them, instead of snacking replacing it w a warm drink & keep myself busy making gifts Until then I'll practice my stitches making winter scarf & tablerunner. To keep myself from carb over-loading during the cold days/night this winter.
JoAnn's had charmeuse fabric on sale & I'm sewing myself red slacks & a short red pencil skirt w a ruffled hem to wear w a ivory silk blouse my dh got me for Christmas [& Valentine's Day is soon]. Who else sews--crochets & what is your fav fabric stores ? ?
It's nice to hear about other things instead of food everyday So 'what's Up w you'all, like whats your hobbies besides: food/exercise/reading/family/sleep/working ? ?

Breakfast: chocolate protein shake.
Lunch: Subway flatbread breakfast sandwich w egg white, veggies, mozzie cheese & small Dr.Pepper. Before my class.
Supper: my 2nd serving of Lasagna from yesterday, Edy's ice cream & water.
Snacks: Snack bag of almonds/choc.chips/fiber cereal when driving w bottled water after my class so I wouldn't go to Arbys today on my way home from crochet class. Hot apple-cinnamon tea tonight.

Have a fun weekend Everyone Stay safe & OP, cause your family & friends need U Healthy.....
Old 01-26-2013, 07:58 AM   #435  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning. I just finished reading through all the posts and I can't tell you how good I feel when I come here.

I have had a migraine since Thursday and it is finally gone today--I just had to go to bed last night with my head packed in ice and a using Icy Hot balm on my neck and shoulders where my muscles were so tense and I took some over the counter migraine meds. I work up this morning with the pounding gone but a little worn out from dealing with pain for two days.

I stayed the same at my weigh-in at TOPS on Thursday. When I look back at my weight book I usually stay the same or gain on the 3rd week of the month. I think it is hormones? I don't have TOM anymore due to a hysterectomy (sp) ten years ago but I still have my ovaries and so I think I still expereince the "cycle".

We received some snow yesterday. Not as much as Dee got but a good covering and it makes things pretty but I'm a spring/early summer girl and so I'm about ready for winter to be over already!

Dee: I LOVE the new picture of you. I hope you are enjoying your cross-country skiing & snowshoeing this weekend.

I enjoy hearing about your crochet class @ JoAnn's. This is something I would love to do. I'm not a crafty person but I would like to try and learn to crochet...maybe sometime I will set aside the time to do it.

You asked about our hobbies and I'm a bit sad to say that I really don't have any other than my exercise and reading. I just seem to have time for that, working and a little reading. I don't think I like that very much about myself. Not sure how to turn that around but I'm going to think about that and see what I can do.

LeeAnn: I didn't know that calcium could cause constipation. I am about to add some extra calcium because my Vit D is low and I am now taking a supplement and with the stress fracture I had on my foot and the ortheoarthritis I have in my knee I was told that some extra calcium would be good for me. I will also be getting some Plumsmart. Thanks for that tip.

How are you doing with the job and getting yourself into a routine where you feel good and can lose the weight you want to loose?

Alyssa: You have a lot going on. Your body is telling you to slow down and take some time to take care of yourself. Listen to your body and go for a gently walk. Do 10-15 min at a time...you will keep moving and it will help you with keeping the lbs from creeping on.

I have been there with the foot issues. I did 2 5k's in one month and I had a stress fracture on my foot. I walk 5k's but I do it fast and it's like a slow job that a lot of people do and running and jogging are high-impact.

My ortho doctor told me that he wants me to do my 5k training on the bike, on the elpitical (and I can jog in the pool) so that I can train for speed and endurance and when I walk on the track or the roads he doesn't want me to do more than a 12-15 min mile so that I am not hard on my feet. The only time he will agree to me doing that fast walking on the street is the day of the race. He is trying to help me "save" my knee for as long as I can before a replacement.

So, take care of yourself--your whole self.

Carri: How are you feeling? How is te Biggest Loser at Work going?
Are you watching the Biggest Loser this year (Dee are you?). The guy named Mike on their is a friend of a friend and he and his wife lived in my home town until about 3 years ago. I remember seeing him around town.

Hi Liz, Victoria and Mel!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote