Old 12-27-2012, 04:54 PM   #346  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Girls,

We got out and about today for a few hours. I had a follow-up appt with my ENT and he said he was glad I came...I guess I have a sinus infection. I just started coughing last night and don't feel badly yet but I guess I was headed that way. He did a xray of my sinues and now I am on a zpack.

I'm glad we caught it, I don't want to be sick for New Years Eve (its DH's b-day) or when I go back to work on Jan 2.

I had 4 hrs that I needed to put in for work and so I worked this afternoon from home while DH went to a movie with a friend. It was so nice to work and get things organized for when I go back next week. I was able to go back and look at emails that I had flagged to look into more. The email we get a day is out of control. I usually get at least 75-100 new emails a day.

I have TOPS here in a bit. I don't want to step on the scales...I had a few days where I had quite a few handfuls of M&M's. Stepping on the scales will get me back on plan!

Dee: I hope you are on the mend...rest and take care my friend.

Carri: I was thinking about you in all that snow and ice on Wed. Be careful traveling tonight..some of that stuff will refreeze.

Have you been thinking about getting back to "plan" once the regular routine starts again in Jan. Do you have a challenge for us?

Victoria: Good idea to break the daily miles in half. I am going about 3 miles a day right now. That wedding date is looming! I might not get it all in but by golly I'm going to make a good go at it.

I think when you get back from the honeymoon and get settled in a routine we should do another "walk" together.

LeeAnne: Good plan to start thinking about how you will not gain that 25 lb working nights. You know we will be here to help you!

See you all tomorrow.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:20 AM   #347  
It is what it is...

Susie - yes, I am definitely going to be getting back on track for the new year ...slowly giving up things now to get ready...Maybe we could have a new challege every quarter? So the first one will be from Jan-end of March...

Have a good day everyone.

Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:31 AM   #348  
Low Carb

S/C/G: 225/ ticker /135

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satine View Post
Susie - yes, I am definitely going to be getting back on track for the new year ...slowly giving up things now to get ready...Maybe we could have a new challege every quarter? So the first one will be from Jan-end of March...

Have a good day everyone.

Carri

THAT would be fabulous ! I'm sorta weaning myself now starting again on Tuesday the 1st ....HELLO everyone
1spunkygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:01 PM   #349  

Hi Girls!

I can't tell you how happy I am that I was at the ENT yesterday and he recognized I was about to come down with something. As the day went on, I started coughing more and my chest and throat burned. I felt pretty bad when I went to bed last night, so I started the Zpack. I feel much better today. I'm not coughing as much but I still have a burning in my throat and chest--it's less intenese than it was last night.

I would have hated to be sick over New Years Eve!

Carri and Veroncia: I too am weening myself off of things right now, in anticipation of Jan 1. I am not going to have any soda--I was getting in 1-2 a day...not every day but still about 4 times a week. I have also rid this house of milk chocolate. I can have a piece or two of dark and I don't have to have anymore that day, but with milk chocolate I can't seem to stop myself.

I hope everyone else is doing ok. I'm worried about Dee. I've never heard her say that she was that sick.

We are going out to dinner with friends tonight. I am going to have some sort of soup and a salad...the soup will make my throat and chest feel so much better.

Oh...I had a 2 lb gain at TOPS last night...I said to myself "you did it to yourself girl" and "if you did it to yourself, you can undo it".

See you all tomorrow.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:47 AM   #350  

We have more snow! It looks like a winter wonder land. I have to admit it is pretty.

I don't think I will leave the house today. I'm going to get my tree down, spend time on the computer looking at "before and after" success stories and start programing myself to be "healthy minded".

I have a new book and I might start reading that.

I was over my food limit yesterday by 50 calories--dang it! It was the hot chocolate I had..but it was good and it made my throat feel so much better.

Hoping to see some more posts---missing you all!
Old 12-29-2012, 04:21 PM   #351  
Low Carb

Also ridding my house of the "naughty foods" Tues is my day of redemption (sp). We were suppose to get snow we got some ice & rain for about 30 min. If we get snow I want it BIG on my days off ofcourse.... hope all is well with everyone. I'm not as good as you gals naming everyone in personal msgs.

I'll work on that in 2013 I promise

I got another job offer this is the permanent one (as permanent as they can be). The other is a temporary nights taking care of triplets. This is @ my old unit that I wkd prior to the NICU. Nights which I don't love BUT I don't need to be micro managed & am tired of the faces & managers of days. More $ so I can help dig myself out of the cc debt we put ourselves into.

Best wishes ladies be well today

ps. up 2 lbs down 2lbs up 2 lbs gettin' dizzy

Last edited by 1spunkygal; 12-29-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:36 PM   #352  
Low Carb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeriloos View Post

Spunk, I'm so happy for you. Be sure to drink lots of water and mix up a permission drink, there's one called syntrax they have different flavors you can mix with water, there's no carbs and the protein will keep you from getting so hungry overnight, just a thought. Make sure you still get 8) hours sleep in a Dark room
THANKS I plan on keeping my Atkins drinks & snacks with me @ ALL times. Made my room a cave the other day fan for noise natural sleep aid if I feel I need it. Blacked out ( black flat sheets) over the windows . Like I said I dont love nights BUT I do love coming home in the am when everyone else is going to work. It will all work out I'm glad to have a job it's too stressfull without one.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:43 PM   #353  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi everyone. Just checking in and catching up on all of your posts!

Stay on plan, everyone. This is our year!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:41 AM   #354  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies …like Susie we got some more snow this weekend, we are completely covered in it …and we are supposed to get another 2-4 inches tonight…they said it might put a damper on everyone’s NYE plans tonight ….we were going to go to our good friends house but they called and said they had the flu Friday, so we decided to steer clear of there tonight and just stay home, especially because of the weather.

What plans do you guys have? They acted like on tv that more and more people just stay home.

Dh is going to try his hand at making this Wisconsin cheese and beer soup, we will have some crusty bread with it …sounds so good to me on a cold snowy night, hope it turns out well …I’m lactose intolerant so I will probably be up all night, but the bonus is that I have tomorrow off of course.

Tomorrow I’m sure we will just be cleaning house and putting away all the Christmas stuff, taking down the tree …sad to see it go for another year.

Susie – only a 2lb gain over Christmas? I would say that is quite an accomplishment …you wouldn’t believe how much I have gained…not gonna put it on here just yet …let some of the bloating go down, lol …glad to hear you got to doc in time and got some meds to help kick out the sickness …I am so over sickness ..its all around me here at work …can’t wait till it's all gone.

Spunky – so glad you now have two jobs !! I also do a lower carb plan and I like the Atkins stuff once in a while …my problem is that I don’t do artificial sweetners and so much of their stuff is loaded with it, so I only have sparingly…

Dee – hope you are feeling better and that you and dh are having a good holiday together and with family.

Mel and Victoria – Hi !!!!!!

Still in the weaning stages with the soda gals …slowly but surely, lol …..

Everyone have a GREAT NEW YEARS EVE, and HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!!!!!
Old 01-01-2013, 02:54 PM   #355  
Low Carb

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE !

going in 7p-7a tonite then off 1 day then on 2 days of days for orientation CONFUSED yet ? Sooooooo you might see some crazy postings throught the night....LOL gotta keep busy in between work.

My 2nd job is kinda offeneded I got a 1st permnanent another. She said she wasnt & understood BUT... it was her husband that reminded me it was ONLY TEMPORARY. He didn't say this in front of her I think she would have kicked him if she did heard him. BUT ...ONWARD WE GO !

Not getting on the scale till Friday I wish you all a GREAT ON PLAN NEW YEAR & we must stick together
Old 01-01-2013, 09:16 PM   #356  
Sandee

HAPPY NEW YEAR Girls

Thank You with all my heart for the prayers all U gave me. I was very sick like Carri was in December. Last night I was in the ER & they gave me 2 breathing treatments & let me come home instead of admitting me, my oxygen level was critically low. Today I feel so much better. Honestly it would not have happened if my dh would've let me get the breathing inhaler RX that the doc ordered for me. My dh said he wouldn't 'waste paying $60 RX, the co-pay' on it because I know how to breathe. I'm on 3 generic RX meds for a few more days... Husbands can b unkind sometimes... Using the inhaler would've helped me to heal sooner & w/o my pain & sickness for the last 6 days & I wouldn't have been @ the ER last night, that doc told us.

Victoria, pleasssee post your wedding pic here to share w us this month We r soooo happy for your New family uniting. R u taking a honeymoon? I know U prob go to Disney World often because U live in Florida but it would still b fab to honeymoon there. 17 yrs ago my dh & I had a candlelight church ceremony & then flew to Vegas & stayed @ the Luxor for 5 nights & saw a concert each night: Smoky Robinson, Hall & Oates, Jon Bonjovi, Rightous Brothers & ZZ Top. I'm lucky picking slot machines & won concert tickets to 2 shows & won $4,900 while there including losses. Maybe U r too young to know those singers, but trust me they put on fab shows & we had great tables w drinks/hordeurves. I wish I could go to Florida yearly like Carri does, its such a great state to U live in, I've only been there 4 times.

Carri, I am sooo jealous of your N.Years eve dinner: "cheese and beer soup & crusty bread" I wanted to come celebrate & eat @ your house after reading that. Because I'm sick, my dh ordered a pizza & I ate chocolate covered peanuts, dill pickle Pringles & drank Ginger Ale on N.Yrs eve after we got home from the ER & watched a Leonardo DiCaprio dvd & I slept-in till 8:30am.

Susie, only a 2# gain I've been drinking & eating w/o any rules while being sick & I gained 3# over the holidays when the ER nurse weighed me. We'll get it back-off in a week together I'm here for U. I'm going to start walking 1 mile daily on my old treadmill on Friday; my bad knee can handle that. I'll increase it to 2 miles on Feb.1 & then March 1 just try increasing my mph if my knee is okay. If I walk over 2 miles on my treadmill I'd have to break-up the sessions because of the hard surface. How's your knee feeling?

LeeAnne, working @ night I'd have to eat prior to work, take snacks w me & keep my hands busy w a craft or reading a Kindle or a Nook; unless my employer had busy things for me to do while the babes slept. Its fab that U can b awake all night long w/o craving food snacks, I'm Not strong like U & I'd have to have a routine ready to follow w taking protein & veggie treats for myself. Sooo my friend I wish U & w your military past I know U will b Successful w your jobs

I'll b back this week, 2013 IS going to b a good year for each of U Everyone here will b in a smaller size, sizes 10-16 on Christmas 2013 But begin w achievable goals of maybe 10 lb in 8 wks= 60 lb off in a year Lose more if your body agrees.

g'night girls DeeDee
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:32 PM   #357  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

Hey girls, its wedding week for the next and a half weeks, crazy crazy planning, executing mode, back to 208, have stopped walking but gonna start again tomorrow its not late, I'm in bed on the tablet so i will leave a bigger more detailed post in the morning. Sleep well girls, spunk,i know u might be at work tonight but I hope thou slept well today and you will in the morning. Hug those babies, night
cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:30 AM   #358  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

Hi Ladies, Good Morning Everyone! Its time to see what we're made of. Lets make our will to be healthy stronger than our will to stay on the couch. I have basically given every excuse in the book not to walk for the past two weeks, which puts me way behind schedule. Its still doable to reach 100 miles though and I will get it!~I'm at 208 and really want to lose these last few before the wedding, still doable also if I stop eating a ton of cereal at night before bed , I swear I'm stress eating big time. I still have tons of details to work out. I'm gonnna keep on plugging away at my to do list and be prepared for the wedding in no time. I am very excited but I'm so nervous that it will look stupid or cheap. I have never done a wedding before or even been to one at a reception hall. with my limited budget , lack of a decorator and lack of experience I am frightened to death that It will be a huge embarrassment. I keep pushing that thought to the back of my mind because It still will be pretty nice to finally be marrying the most awesome man ever. I love him so much I also want to be proud of what I have put together without any help from my girlfriends or mom , they're all far away and the ones that are here are I guess not really that much interested, at first I was super sad about that but now I just dont have time to be sad about it.

Starting today to finish the 47.5 miles I have left I need to walk 30 minutes (1.5 miles) in the morning and another 30 at night every single day including the morning of the wedding. I just wont be happy if I dont reach my goal that I set.

Dee- I live in south central florida about 3 hours north of miami right on the coast, our weather has been a mess, very hot and humid in the day but freezing when you first wakeup in the mornig, (not freezing by northern standards but 46 is nearly unbearable when your'e used to being in the 80's/90's for 9 months straight.

Susie- don't worry girl, you got this, 2lbs will be gone in no time. I love that you go look at before and after pics , I do the exact same thing. It totally gets me going . How's your walking going?

Carri-is your pup all healed up? I see you're still struggling wth the soda, have you tried to use mind over matter and drop it cold turkey? I think the first few days will be the worst but once you get through the first three you will be ok with out it. Also I think eating carbs/starches will trigger more cravings for it after so you might want to keep those to a minimum for a bit.

Spunk- I do the atkins stuff too but I find it really hard to not sit down and eat like 3 bars at a time when I get a craving lol they are delicious, and I tell myself. its ok! They're diet food, ha! I'm such a diet dork. No more of that I'm gonna get smart this year and do much better.

Misti- Hi, I hope you're doing well. Whats going on in your life any new plans for this year?

I'm going to *try* to RUN my first 5k in March. I have walked them before but I want to start training to run right after the wedding. its called color me rad and they throw powdered or some type of paint at the runners, it looks super fun.

Everyone
What is your measurable goal and your non measurable goal for 2013?

My Goals are:
1. To be a better mom, Make more time for my babies and love them , listen to them, make them feel like they are all the best thing in the world every single day.
2.To Be a good wife, cook more and make my husband feel like he wouldnt want anything else from me.
3. Take better care of myself this year , all around, I mean see a dentist for the first time ever, walk more because I care about myself not because I'm trying to make myself smaller, get my manicures because its relaxing , things like that.

4. MEASURABLE with numbers goal, Walk 700 miles this year , hopefully running will help me reach this faster. and get under 170 by 2014 I know thats not very ambitious but I simply do not have much faith in my ability to lose weight.
I would also like to try to complete the work out programs that I bought and have never 100% finished them, so that I can justify buying the Insanity workout program. I have to finish p90x, turbo fire and brazil butt lift before I buy that so it is a long shot since I HATE p90x and turbo fire. lol

I know I went on forever but I haven't had time to talk to you guys in a while and I just dont talk to ppl in my life about this stuff very often.
Again I want to thank you girls for being there and listening and letting me into your lives even if its only a small part here online it means so much.
Take care girls and get moving!!!
-victoria
cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:49 AM   #359  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies – I hope you all had a great NYE and that you all will have a great 2013 !!!!!!!!!! Victoria asked what our goals were for 2013 so here are mine ( some are repeats if you saw on my fb page ):
- Lose more weight by making healthy choices, portioning my food and exercising
- Be kinder to my husband
- Gain more patience
- Stop worrying about things I can’t control or change ( this will be a hard one since dh has same issue )

I guess I should also confess something that is HORRIBLE, but as I always say, it is what it is ….I got on the scale last week and it showed me at 224 ….seeing as how I was down to 198 at the beginning of October, that means I have gained 26lbs since then …well I guess in 2 ½ - 3 mos ….it’s no exaggeration that I can gain 5lbs over a weekend if I am not on plan ( and soda really packs it on me ) from my diabetes…my body wants to store every fat and carb due to my insulin issue. But all I can do is face that number and move on right? It's really hard to come on and admit that…but it's 2013, a new year, and I got to face my own truth ( as Oprah says haha ).

My first mini goal will be to lose 15lbs to get back into the single digit 2’s ……I would like to have that goal accomplished by end of February. I would think that might be easy since more comes off of me at first, but if not I will plan on March.

This week I am still weaning off my soda ( Victoria - I can’t go cold turkey the caffeine wdl headaches are too bad, it sucks I know because that would be easier )…dh says he is changing his bad eating habits TODAY and no looking back …but if I go that strict just one day I feel really bad ( may be due to the diabetes ), so I have to slowly make changes and get back into the groove – you girls know.

Dee – I am so glad you are feeling better but hate that you ended up in the ER …funny story though, when I ended up at the doc for my bronchitus a few weeks ago she also gave me a script for an inhaler since my breathing was horrible ( couldn’t even get enough breathe to go up stairs ), and I saw that it was 60.00 and then I didn’t get it …and I regret it because I think instead of having to deal with it for three weeks I could’ve been breathing better after one….but hind sight is 20/20 I guess….take care of yourself and get plenty of rest. Also I love choc covered peanuts …one of my faves !!

Victoria – I can’t wait to see the wedding pics…don’t be nervous about it, your future dh is gonna love anything you put together because he is there to marry you. I am so excited for you starting your lives together this year married…you are doing so well with your weight loss that I really do see you in Onederland VERY soon !!!

Susie – Hi !!! Hope you guys had a great NYE ….

Mel and Spunky ( LeeAnn ) – Hello !!!!!!! Happy New Year !!!

Well first day of work in 2013 ….wanted to take today off but others already had it so here I am …gotta make a grocery list to go after work, don’t have much in the house but some left over junk food …

Hope you all have a good day ….”GO US” IN 2013!!!!!!! Lol
Old 01-02-2013, 10:32 AM   #360  

Happy New Year Everyone!

I wanted to give us all some extra will power as good starts are always important!

New Years Eve was my DH's bday. We went to the famous Mongtomery Inn for dinner with 10 of our friends. It was such a nice time.

I had planned on getting here yesterday but just didn't get it done. I was thinking about all of you!

Dee: I'm so HAPPY to see you back here! I was very worried...and I pray when I worry, so I am now giving thanks and rejoicing that you are on the road to wellness. I'm so sorry you ended up in the ER. I'm sure you thought "well this is much more expensive than the $60 inhaler"...I would have said it out lad---looking my DH straight in the eye!

Yes, we will get these recent weight-gains back off in a week TOGETHER! You asked about my knee. It is doing pretty well as I have been listening to the doctors directions concerning not doing more than 2 miles at a time on the track/pavement/treadmill----until I am actually training for a 5k. I am doing my longer endurance training on the elliptical or the treadmill--at least I will start with that again today. I have not done anything since last Friday.

Victoria: I'm sure that your wedding will be beautiful! Just enjoy yourself and others will follow suit. I'm behind on my walking but will get in what I can get in. I'll let you know on Jan 17 where I am at.

Your goals for 2013 look very good. I know you can accomplish them.

LeeAnne: I am so happy you have a job! and the fact that is isn't temporary is a added blessing! I will be looking forward to your "off/odd" hour posts.

Carri: Ok..so it's 24 lbs...better than 50 or 48....you can get this off. I think to do it by Feb might be a little much..but go for it! Whatever you get off by that time is going in the right direction.

My 2013 goals are:
1. To do all I do for the glory and pleasing of my Saviour, Jesus Christ
2. To take care of my body the best I can--no more excuses. I must give 100% of myself each day to this.
3. To lose at least 50 lbs this year and be in a size 16 or lower next New Years Eve.
4. To tackle some debt that I want to be finished by the end of the year.

I am so excited to do this with you ladies....and to be a part of support to your goals.

I'm back to work today and took a break to post, so I must refocus and get things done.

See you all later!

Last edited by MyChoice2bfit; 01-02-2013 at 10:46 AM.