Old 11-27-2012, 11:10 AM   #256  
Low Carb

S/C/G: 225/ ticker /135

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyChoice2bfit View Post
I know that there was one girl on this thread that lost over 100 lbs and she has kept it off..she always planned dessert in her menu..she knew she would eat it, so she counted the calories in her planning..that way she stayed in calorie range and on plan
THIS IS A GOOD IDEA ...I'm a sweet aholic this might work for me ..THANKS
1spunkygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:15 AM   #257  
It is what it is...

Hi Girls, just a quick check in...have been very sick with the flu and havent been to work...might go back tommorow depending on how I feel.

see ya

Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:50 PM   #258  
Low Carb

I hope you feel better soon Carri what a terrible way to lose weight .
Old 11-28-2012, 08:18 AM   #259  

Height: 5'7"

Carri: I hope you get to feeling better soon. Rest and take care yourself.

LeeAnn: I am happy that I was able to share something that might be able to help you.
That is why we are here; to lend support.

Victoria: How are you going? You mentioned in a earlier post that you were watching the Twilight movies. I LOVED them! Just saw the final one last week. I read the book and LOVED them too.

Dee: Hi!

I am going to the doctor this morning to see what the MRI told him about my knee. I will fill you all in after I know.

Here's how my day went yesterday with food and exercise.

Nov 27
B=1 bagel with skinny cow cream cheese
L=single portion of mac and cheese, strawberries/rasberries/blue berries
S=1 Little Debbie Cherry Cordial cookie
D=6 inch veggie sub
Exercise: 1 hr walk on indoor walking track=3.1 miles
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:51 PM   #260  
Sandee

Hey Girls, it's cold & damp weather here today. I hope your day is warm & cozy

Carri we miss U.

LeeAnne I used to b a 'chocolate craver' to the sad point that I'd put choc.chips into a jar of peanut butter & eat a spoonful whenever I was stressed-out I cured myself by eating more protein (more dairy, eggs & beans) & hot drinks. Now I'm in control of my sugar & chocolate cravings, & I treat myself to a 3 oz bag of peanut/peanut butter m&m's that I keep in my car; its 1 bag per day when I'm driving Having that 1 special treat for me, keeps me 'happy/satisfied' even when my dh is teasing me @ home w sweets I bake for him. How's it going w your car r U fixed yet???

Victoria I hope logging your food is helping U I have some silly looking notebooks w goofy notes to myself & some heart-felt feelings; its nice to look back & read how I was progressing months before w my mistakes & my successes. Food feeds both our 'body & soul'. Hopefully w your fiance' away, U were able to 'concentrate on making U Healthier' for your special family.

Hi Susie-Q, wow U r doing great adding 1 hour of walking after work, I am sooo proud of U & a 20 minute mile is a wonderful speed for a damaged knee. I have a damaged knee also & my walking time is 15 minutes--20 minutes a mile too. U began buying Christmas gifts, wow I gotta get started too & do our decorating this weekend Christmas sneaks-up fast after Thanksgiving....

Mel, Deb, Liz & Arabella All of U r missed! MERRY CHRISTMAS
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:33 AM   #261  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies - finally back to work this morning after being off with the flu ...I am not fully back to my old self, say maybe 75% but I am out of sick time and quite frankly had a bad case of cabin fever from being home for 4 days straight without getting out of the house...thank God I have a desk job or I would never make it...still really tired, get worn out quickly...but hoping to be back to my old self by the weekend.

Dee - I used to do that too with the choc chips and peanut butter ...anything I could get my hands on in the house that was sweet, and I normally always had those two things on hand...

Susie - Hope the test results from the MRI give you the info you need, and that it's not that bad.

Hi Mel

LeeAnn - don't know if I lost weight or not, I feel like I have, my appetite hasn't been so great....even today I just want a bowl of soup ....

Hope you all have a great day, pray that I get thru the work day quickly and can go home to my pjs and soup and crackers.

See ya.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:49 PM   #262  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

Hey Everyone, I have been really beating myself up and continuing my poor choices even though I knew I shouldnt have..

I got my courage up and weighed in today at 217 thats better than 221 the other day (i guess it really was water weight ) I'm back on track and I walked 2 miles today and doing great with food, I still havent made my log or my list or plans I will today though..be back soon.
cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:45 AM   #263  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies – still feeling pretty nasty …my main reason is the chest congestion I can’t seem to get rid of …I have been taking Mucinex and it seems to be breaking it up a little …any suggestions? I can’t take it …

And there is this lady here at work who thinks it's okay to burn one of those Scensy candle thingy’s here for all to smell …smells like cigars …it's offensive and strong …and making me sicker …gonna have to say something …

On a lighter note … I am excited because tomorrow night we are putting our tree up, drinking eggnog, and watching one of my many Christmas DVD’s ( maybe Jim Carey in How the Grinch Stole Christmas )…I normally do it the weekend of Thanksgiving, but because I was so sick I didn’t get to…we are also going to our towns Christmas tree lighting tonight, so I will have a full on Christmas weekend, haha …

Victoria – I hear ya on the eating, I haven’t been so good either …but with this sickness I haven’t had too much of an appetite, so although I am not eating the right things, I am not eating much of them. Great job on being back under 220 !!!

Hi Susie, Dee, Mel, and Lee Anne – hope you all have a great day and a great weekend !!

And I hope I can get back to normal after this weekend ….

See ya !!
Old 11-30-2012, 02:12 PM   #264  

Hello Everyone! So glad it is Friday! I'm looking forward to the weekends...I always do!

I haven't posted in a couple of days because my evenings got bogged down. I went in late to work on Wed and worked late to make up for it and did some Christmas shopping before going home that night. I didn't get home until 9:00 p.m.

So, the MRI showed that I have osteo-arthrititis in my left knee. The cartlidge in the back is gone! That is why I have a bone spur on the front right side. I still have a lot of space and am not bone on bone yet.

He gave me a cortizone shot and I can have one 2-3 times a year. It's feeling pretty good today.

I am banned from every doing squats or lounges again and no skiing. Also I am not to run and for the next 6 weeks, I'm to use the stationary bike and elliptical as I have a stress fracture on my left foot that is healing.

He hopes to get me to 10 years before a knee replacement. He also wants me to get my Vit D level checked--as it has been low before and I had to take supplements and he is thinking maybe a dexa scan. Usually you get those in your 50's but he is wondering about osteoporosis since I'm 47, have had a hysterectomywhen I was 37, and am white and very fair complextion.

I see my primary care doctor on Dec 12th and I will talk to her about the Vit D and the dexa then.

I can share a 3 lb loss at TOPS last night!

Carri: I hope you have a great weekend. It all sounds so nice and festive. Take care of yourself and get extra sleep, and try some Vicks Vapor rub when you are home and not going out. I have heard that putting it on the bottom of your feet and then put socks on is effective and of course on your chest. Also, if you have a vaporizor run it, or buy the Vicks ones you can plug in..and LOTS and LOTS of water to drink.

Dee: It must be amazing to be in control of of sugar & chocolate cravings. You know, I think it is about, thinking what you will allow yourself and staying in that range. That why it is a decision YOU made for YOU and that is empowering.

You asked about Christmas shopping. Yes, I am in full swing. Doing a lot of my lunch hour and from the internet. I have a day planned on Dec 12 to go finish up for my DH's gifts. A friend of mine and I are taking a vacation day to go shopping and hang out. MY DH's b-day is Dec 31 so I always have shop for it as well as Christmas gifts.

Victoria: a 2 mile walk is great! and I'm glad to see those scales coming down...just keep at it..you will get there.

LeeAnn: Hope all is well. Is it almost time for DH to return from his trip?

Ok..back to work. We are going to the local Christmas show tonight. It is always a great production and something new every year. It lasts about 1.5 hours. I have 4 little "nieces"--they are my friend's daughters and they are so excited that we are coming "opening night". They will do the production tonight, tomorrow night and Sunday afternoon and then repeat that next weekend. Auditions and practice start for this thing in JULY! It is quite a show.

See you all tomorrow. I'll get my food put in for the past couple of days and today later.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:32 AM   #265  

Hi Everyone,

Seems to be pretty quiet here.

I stayed home all day yesterday. My DH was out doing shopping for my Christmas and I choose to stay home and read and clean the house. It was nice to have that time to myself!

The only issue with it was that I didn't eat well. I didn't eat a lot, I just didn't get well. I had a bagel for breakfast with some berries, then for lunch a bag of popcorn, and later some butter cookies and a coke. For dinner I had a garden salad and a loaded baked potato from Bob Evans and a piece of pumpkin pie.

We will be grocery shopping today and my food will be better!

Looking forward to hearing from the rest of you.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:35 PM   #266  
Sandee

Girls, it's a warm 56* today & 60* tomorrow I'm sitting here w U @ my laptop eating mashed potatos & gravy & dumplings I've been on a 'potato-adventure' the last 3 weeks every other day is 'potato time'...baked & loaded w everything yummy...potato skins loaded...scalloped...scalloped potatos w sweet potatos...corn chowder w potatos...sweet potato pie...shepherds pie...stew...sweet potato pancakes, etc. All the potatos r on sale since Thanksgiving & my dh keeps buying them... I'm not going to tattle on my dh snoring 2 nights in a row & me getting only 3 hrs sleep 2 of my college football teams won yesterday, Wisconsin & Kansas lots of red-suits on the field.

Tomorrow is my 1st Christmas party for our kops society w kops from 3 counties, I'm the photographer & 50/50 raffle girl so I will b there. Because of the Jehovah Witness lady there, we can nolonger call it our Christmas party/celebration & we won't sing Christmas carols/hymns & the gifts will b called grab-bags now & nobody is to wear Christmas clothes Thats a big-fat-bummer because we have to do everything to make 'her comfortable' our leader says, but the +20 kops can't b themselves & celebrate Christmas. She said she may not come, because she worries we may celebrate, it still is a bummer, to put 1 person ahead of +20 kops being happy. I'm going to give her a Christmas card w a scripture verse anyway...if she refuses it or puts it down, I don't care. 'I am' who I am & I Luv the Lord & my Jesus & I'll always celebrate His birth. But "if" I offended anybody & 'your faith' I am very Sorry.

Saturday night is my dh company annual Christmas formal dinner dance & he is p-off that I twisted my knee Thursday & can't wear my stilletto pumps now. I'm happy that I can walk & will prob wear 2" pumps & I think its crazy that our dh's still want us to b arm-candy in front of their bosses. Then we have 4 more dinner-parties, plus my tops club party-dinner. From Thanksgiving its just too many party/dinner obligations & party clothing & New Years Eve out & New Years Day & the football games/parties. But winter is short, snuggly & cozy & I Luv it as much as the summer....

Susie, I'm glad I had my dexa 10 yr ago because it showed osteopor. in both my forearms started from injuries & overuse & needing vita D/calcium. So I'm aware of what to do to avoid fractures in my arms & I wear wrist-guards roller-blading & ice skating now. When I take the vita D I get constipated, (TMI ) so ask your doc for more options other than pills in case that side-effect happens to U also.

Carri, wow do U get sick like this every November? My dh started getting flu shots when he turned 40 yr, I got my flu-shot last week. Your WI # will b looking really good I hope your dh spoiled U

Got any fav holiday recipes that r 'healthy', please post them here

Victoria, LeeAnne, Mel, Debbie, Liz & Arabella

Looks like everyone here has started enjoying the holiday season we just need 'pretty snow' for Christmas in Michigan
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:29 PM   #267  
Low Carb

Hey ladies ! my hubby had to de frag, de bug, de spazzle, re do my entire computer . Then I couldn't get on here for a few days don't know what was going on. It just wouldn't let me on this site all seems well now back to normal business.

Dee try Cal mag vit D all together in 1 pill or my super duper pooper recipe 8 oz PlumSmart (red cap) every morning

I've been picking up temporary xtra wk lately (7 days in a row). I'll try to get back here to you ladies soon. I'm down a lb dont ask me how ... LOL

Last edited by 1spunkygal; 12-02-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:26 AM   #268  
~Tori~

Hey Girls, I had a pretty good weekend considering I weighed in on friday and was back down to 214 from 217 and days before 221 I guess it really was water weight. I am feeling good. Did good saturday but had to go to bed early cuz I was having cravings , which I gave into on sunday! Its ok, I'm going to pick up today and run with it I hope to lose at least 2 pounds this week , I'm up early with my lemon water and my work out clothes on , after I drop off the girls I'm going for another walk I think that I'm gonna hit 50 miles alot sooner than the wedding.

Glad to see you ladies are all ready for christmas,,I'm not ~ we have had our tree up a week now , but I forgot to put water in it! My cousin and I had to hold it up, with all the decorations already on it, while my fiance grabbed the baseboard cutter and cut the tree, It was heavy! I lost lots of my balls from the tree and had to put them back and redecorate. I still havent sat down and created my plan, Lazy I guess. I have been thinking about it and taking some action but its not really organized action , like I walk when I can and sometime its at night, I try to stay on plan but dont plan to plan. etc. I found my notebook though and I'm gonna write some stuff in it right now while the girls are getting ready for school .

So glad to have each of you !
Spunk! Great job on that one pound now you're sooo close to onederland~ congrats !
Dee- sorry about your christmas party bummers
Susie thanks, Congrats on your 3 LBS! How was the christmas show?
Hey Carri I have been congested for over a week now, just cant kick it, I'm not really feeling sick just coughing , maybe you should try drinking some water with lemon to help boost your immune system..thats what i'm doing right now.
Oh my gosh I'm back to 214! my next mini goal is 209 I'm gonna get a real manicure!
Old 12-03-2012, 08:30 AM   #269  
~Tori~

I finished writing down my plan and I decided to up my goal to 100 miles before the wedding Its 7 weeks away I didnt even realize my wedding is 7 weeks away!~ I have stuff I still have to get sorted! but i'm happy about it
Old 12-03-2012, 09:22 AM   #270  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies …I had a good weekend, got the tree up and just sort of lazed around …not too much to tell ….not doing so great on my food….don’t know what to say on that.

Dee – No, I haven’t had a cold/flu like this in probably 7 years or more ….I hardly ever get sick …but for some reason this one is really hanging on…I have felt a lot better the last two days, so I am turning around. I have always said I wouldn’t get the flu shot but I am considering it now. Yes, dh did spoil me, he took very good care of me. Speaking of warm temps ( you mentioned ) it is supposed to be 70 here today !!!! That seems crazy for December…I don’t care for it. Haha

Susie – I hear ya on the soda, I have been bad with that too …trying to limit myself to only one a day though …but I know that’s not good either. I also take a vitamin d supplement, 2000mgs a day ….along with a calcium pill ( since I am lactose intolerant and don’t get it thru milk ). I don’t have any issue with constipation with it, but I know a lot of people do. Glad you got a day to yourself yesterday…I love those kind of days.

Victoria – CONGRATS on your weight loss…you are doing awesome !!!!!!

Lee Ann – Hi, glad to see you back !!!

My doggie Les ( 11 ) has a nasty cyst on his back that has to be removed this week…we kept putting it off but it's disgusting now and oozing and looks infected ( sorry if TMI ) …he sort of acts like he doesn’t feel well at times too …so called vet this morning to schedule the removal ..of course it's going to be not cheap…but it’s worth it to get it off of him and make him feel better …as you dog lovers know…any of you have pets with cysts?

Well have a good day Girls !!!!