Old 11-12-2012, 07:33 AM   #196  
Low Carb

S/C/G: 225/ ticker /135

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1spunkygal View Post
********Rules for Challenge starting Monday ************ - there aren't many, I think our main goal should be to stay OP on ALL days except Thanksgiving and then go again until Christmas Eve...that is how I am doing anyway ...if we do this we can stave off the gaining of the usual 10-20 during the holidays....starts Monday 11/12 and runs thru 11/22 for the first section ...this will be our warm up because that is only 10 days...so we can do that !!!!! Next section will be harder...from 11/23-12/23 ....30 days....WE CAN DO THIS !!!!

OK I'm here & I'm ready we start today we can do this !
1spunkygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:07 AM   #197  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone! Thank you all for the warm welcome , I was a little saddened that I gained 2 pounds and went up to 219 friday, I did get lazy and eat out a few times last week, I thought i was maintaining portion sizes but I was off program. I'm starting again today, Hard core..I hope to be back to 217 by thursday, I lost a whole week! grr, I'm running out time , i'm getting married in January and I really thought I'd be doing better by now. I'm gonna get under 200 before the wedding I know it!
I hope it anyway! I'm thankful for this group ! I would have replied sooner I subscribed to this thread but some reason my email didnt show there were any replies so i though noone wrote anything, boy was I wrong! I'll just check back daily. As of yesterda i'm at 218, wish me luck I hope I can stay OP today at my daughters thanksgiving dinner Lunch at school today, I'll be there at 11 I'm gonna bring my own food! I hope noone notices . I know my kids will , and thats another thing my girls are 8 and 6 and 2 the oldest wanna weigh in when i do and I hope i'm not setting a bad example for their body image, they are both thin but they see me say no i cant eat that I'm trying to lose weight , I should say something else like trying to eat healthy! I told them a big reason i'm eating healthy is that I have a heart issue and I notice it a lot more when I'm heavier which is true , when i was around 246 I could not lay in bed with out feeling my heart pounding , that is gone now except for once in a while I have some sort of arrythmia I found out about it around 6 years ago. Now I better hurry up and lose this weight before I end up worse off. Any tips on how you handle your weight loss lifestyle in front of your children I think I need a lesson on that.
cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:21 AM   #198  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls !!!! Today we start on our challenge and I am ready !!!!!!

For me, I know I can't make huge changes and feel good, because I just get frustrated and quit ...so I am gonna go with what Dee said and use this week to just focus on portion control ...and everyone else should work on that too ( if you don't already have a handle on it, haha ).

I am feeling pretty heavy lately, like I can feel that I have put on about 6-10lbs or more ....and lets face it I haven't really been trying or caring for a good month or more now so I am probably up that much ...I carry most of my weight in my belly so when I gain its very noticable ... I am the poster child for the spare tire ...

Leanne - I feel ya ...I know how frustrated you are ...because you and I are really in the same place....under 200, over 200 ...back and forth ....we just need to really dig in and go for it !!!!

Cheer - I had that heart thing when I was way up too ...I am pretty aware of my heart, but that mainly has to do with some anxiety issues I was having...meds have really helped me in that area ...but when I am heavier I really notice it...speaking of children and eating well with them have you seen those new lightly breaded chicken nuggets by Perdue Simply Smart in freezer section? I am gonna try some tonight and see how they are...but might be something both u and your kids can have and agree on

Hi Dee and Susie, and Mel - hope you all had a good weekend...

LETS GET THIS HOLIDAY CHALLENGE STARTED !!!!!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:52 AM   #199  
~Tori~

Ok ! I had a good breakfast and lunch! Now I just gotta nurse my water and I'll be good until around 1 when i drink my protein water , it keeps me from getting too hungry! i will check back when I get back from the thanksgiving feast, I ate just now before i"m leaving so I don't eat there and mess up I'm ALL IN on this Challenge! I won't mess up even one day! I gotta keep a promise to myself at some point this should be my time to finally do it! Satine my kids love chicken nuggets that would be a great idea! Good Luck Ladies, be strong!
Old 11-12-2012, 10:55 AM   #200  

Height: 5'7"

Hello Eveyone. It is good to be back with you. I survived last week. I ended up working almost 70 hrs in one week.

It was nice to stay downtown and walk to work ( and we had beautiful weather here that week). Also nice to not have to clean the bathroom, make my bed. I think I could live in a hotel! lol DH came down and stayed with me a couple of nights.

I'm like Carri. I like to go away but I like to be at home to and I miss my cat when I'm gone.

I'm taking a 1/2 vacation day today to get in some medical/ dental appointments that I had to cancel last week. I had a great check-up at the dentist. I just came from the Ortho about my knee. He could see one bone spur on my knee but it doesn't look that bad. I am going to have a MRI to see what is going on with the minicus (sp?) and then we will go from there. He said all in all, my knee looks to be in pretty good shape. Of course, he said loosing some weight would help.

I think that is my ah-ha moment is that..when I go to the doctor or for a test I don't like that they blame it or a lot of what is going on with my weight, but truthfully it is. For someone my weight, I am in pretty good shape and can still be agile and flexible and things but I know that they extra weight as I age is going to be a big factor...so it's time to get at this!

And today starts our challenge. 10 days ladies...we are detoxing and dreaming and counting and moving....we can do it. Once we get through that detox it will feel better. And I have that 5k on Thanksgiving day!!

I'm so happy to be here with all of you!

WELCOME to Cheeriloss.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:12 PM   #201  
~Tori~

@ susie, thank you!
@ everyone- I got back from my daughters thanksgiving dinner, it looked pretty good esp the pie but I made it, my mouth was watering literally! I remembered what I said here before I left and I wanted to keep my word, I did! I'm so proud! Small victory but pretty big , I know me and I would have eaten mine, and my babies food plus any leftovers the other two girls had, instead I brought it home for my honey he loves thanksgiving food and I didnt even look at it on the way home. Yay for me . I'm drinking my water and staying on it. Every couple of hours or so I get this feeling of wanting to go hangout in the fridge and munch I'll get better i'm sure , but staying at home with my daughter instead of working is a diet challenge that is for sure!

Hoping you're all staying on Plan and enjoyin your day, will be back soon when I need another pick me up. (It gets lonely here at home while my baby is napping)
talk to you all soon.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:42 PM   #202  
Sandee

Happppyyyy Monday Girls The weekend was 'warm & sunny' here. But it feels like a storm is brewing today, a cloudy sky, temps r falling & the winds r strong-blowing leaves, etc like a 'Winnie the Pooh' wintery day

I'm OP for our 'new Challenge'
I was good all weekend OP & on Saturday I took to my sons b-day weekend; a bbq shredded pork loin in a slow-cooker for everyone to graze-on while we played games & cards all evening & I ate my 1 serving on a 'dinner roll' instead of a bun & 1 heaping serving of Greek pasta salad that the kids Luv as much as the adults they requested I bring. Sunday Miranda cooked & I ate 1 taste of Seth's b-day cake & instead I used my portion of fat calories @ dinner for a thumb-size each of sour cream-bacon-cheddar cheese to fill my baked potato which was delish & a thumb-size of shredded mozzy cheese on the 'Italian Everything Seasoning bread' that WalMart bakes daily, Miranda baked ham & I passed on that, cause I got my protein from my cheeses & my fiber from the veggies & fruit salads. I did Not feel deprived at all from not eating the ham, butter, b-day cake or pop; my body & spirit & were happy w my 1 servings I chose.

I'm soo happy that everyone is on Carri's Challenge today
Hi LeeAnne, Carol & Susie

Cheeri on your up-coming Wedding
About your daughters Thanksgiving dinner Lunch at school today; Wow I support U 100% on bringing your own food About your girls copying U, I saw changes when Miranda was trying to wear her size 7 again & she was embarrassed & had borrowed my size 10's after the baby was born 2 yrs ago. The kids started learning about healthy bodies from mom's example. She ate lots of yogurt, etc & salads & exercised 10-15 minutes after every meal & it took her less than 6 months to b into her clothes & have healthy tight muscles again, she was 27 yr.
Then @ 7 yr & 5 yr old, they did copy mommy's eating style & that's okay because kids know what tastes good to them & their physical limitations of rest-time & pain. The wonderful thing is that they have made exercise & strength training a part of their after dinner, home routine also. Kylee now 9 yr & Preston now 7 yr did 20 reps after we ate dinner on Sat. & Sunday of push-ups & lifting mommy's 5 lb hand-weights effortlessly & running 10 laps outdoors around the house; then they told me it was Grammy's turn; everyone laughed as I did my turn during the push-ups after being tired from running outside doing the laps w the kids. See my point, your girls will not have a bad self-image as long as U keep doing as U r currently doing w explaining the 'good health concepts' to them that U do & what is appropriate selections for their age. U are a wonderful mommy.

Dee
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:12 PM   #203  
Low Carb

Hello to all you wonderful ladies

Afternoon check in & MAJOR confession. I knew we were gonna start this today so I ate (at work) like I weighed 90lbs yesterday (last supper again). I feel good about this day like I did when I 1st started back on July 6th (determined) .

Cheeri : my 2 cents good eating habits ARE a plus BUT ... I wouldn't weigh in front of your daughters esp if they are small (in weight) I passed on the scale OCD to my daughter (she's 31yo) sorry I did this .

I would weigh before they get up in the am.

Where is your most vunerable place we all know mine is work ...spill it.

Last edited by 1spunkygal; 11-12-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:40 PM   #204  
~Tori~

@ Spunk- You're right, I'll avoid the scale in front of them, my most vulnerable place/time, HOME at dinner with my family i need the bread by night time.
@ Dee Thanks so much thats sweet and a good Idea about including the girls in my workouts n stuff
Old 11-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #205  
Low Carb

day 1 SUCCESS ! I'm going to bed now before I blow it

j/k... hope you all had a great day I work the next 3 days
Old 11-13-2012, 10:17 AM   #206  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies - great to see so many posts on here ...the thread is alive again

How did everyone do on the challenge? I did pretty good although not perfect, it's a work in progress and today will be better ...as Susie said it is a detox for ten days...then one day off and back on ....

Susie - 70 hours in one week? Woof !!! Girl you work so hard ....and I hear ya on the knee's thing ...I don't have any troubles yet but I often worry about what I am doing now by carrying all this weight, that is gonna effect me in my later years...we need to do this NOW !

Dee - I love to make pulled pork bbq...and GOOD for you for having such control with your food...you go !!

Leanne - definitely WORK is my worst place ...I get bored and snacky...at home I can always find something to do...

Cheer - great job on not giving in at the thanksgiving lunch...I have had many mouth water situations like that myself, haha, and it is hard...good job.

DAY 2....go !!!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:10 PM   #207  
~Tori~

@ carrie- I find it the hardest in the evening! I get like starving and give in to high carb foods.. Last night i had like 2 bites of stuffing and some mashed potatoes, i'm sure it wasnt enough to mess up my diet cuz it was just picking really but i felt kind of disapointed after, oh well today is a new day and I think I figured out why I was so weak..I didnt get enough protein in I only had half the protein that I should have! Today is a new day.

@ Spunk , thats how I felt too, I wanted to hurry and get in bed so i could forget about the snacks calling me!
Old 11-13-2012, 03:31 PM   #208  
Low Carb

Hey ladies day 2 so far so good .

It's easy for me to go to bed early & watch TV I'm an empty nester. I may not go to sleep but when I hit the bed I cannot eat anymore (silly mind games). I try NOT to eat past 6pm.

Best wishes to everyone STAY STRONG ! be in charge of the food /snack not the food/snack in charge of you

Lee Anne
Old 11-13-2012, 03:47 PM   #209  
Sandee

Hey Girls Day #2 of being OP

My "weakest time--place to eat" for me: 'my silly-bad no-no foods' is when I'm shopping---running errands in the car..... There seems to b a Giant-Magnet pulling me into a Pop fountain w Dr. Pepper, etc. calling my name Or a 'Fast food' drive-thru because I always have lots of places to go & I drive & eat to save on time & I eat badly. But @ Wendy's I actually go inside when I'm alone & enjoy a bowl of 'hot chili' & I feel good about myself or @ Subway eating a healthy breakfast sandwich.

Today I had a ice tea, Arby's jr. sandwich & big York peppermint pattie for lunch running errands. I know the hi-fat candy bars by name The big York has only 1.5 g sat. fat & 140 cals & 10 mg sodium the others r like +240 cals up w +5 g sat.fat & +150 mg sodium & a few yrs ago in Prevention Magazine a proven study said that peppermint decreases our appetites when eaten, in tea or smelled as candle scents, etc. (cinnamon, berries & vanilla scents make people Hungry ) Yup I have many peppermint candles I burn during the winter to help me walk-away from lots of hi-carb foods & instead I'll drink 'hot teas, like peppermint, etc' when I get cravings after supper & I want a snack or a 'hot mug of tomato juice, spiced w chili powder, etc.' to Fill-up my night-time cravings & several other 'quckie' healthy snacks. [Chewing gum doesn't stop my appetite, it makes me hungry for that flavor of food]

FYI By accident a new cracker box jumped into my cart today, I saw it eaten by a actor on a tv show Modern Family recently, so I was curious. Pepperidge Farm Jingos: 1 serv: 130 cal. (23 crackers 1" size), 0 sat.fat, 220 sodium, w 2 g protein not for crackers & they r delish I ate the Lime w Sweet Chili for my snack. W 6.5 servings per container, they will b 1 of my daily snacks this week. They had another flavor I'll try next week.

See you'all tomorrow for day #3 Dee Dee
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:52 AM   #210  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Hey ladies hope everyone is doing good on the 10 day challenge! I'm still at 170 yet I feel like I should be losing :-( My diet has been pretty OP bc I haven't had an appetite lately. I don't know if you hit a certain weight and your body says "That's as low as you're ever going to be". I know this is the lowest I have been since I was in my young teenage years but is it possible to get lower? 168 is the top of the "normal" BMI so I feel like I should weigh less. My body is built big so I know I will never be really thin. Ok I'm rambling so if anyone has opinions pls let me know :-) Love you ladies!
Rtsmme4life is offline   Reply With Quote