Old 11-14-2012, 10:23 AM   #211  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies ...last night was interesting....major caffiene wdl headache...finally gave in and dh ran and got me a pepsi and within 10-15 mins my headache was gone...guess I should've known I can't just drop everything cold turkey and feel okay...I only had one serving last night so maybe I will do that all this week and sort of wean off I guess. That's what these 10 days are for me anyway, a sort of weaning off the bad stuff little by little so my body isnt shocked and mad at me !!!

So I had a so so day yesterday, it's one day at a time for me, I can't do all or nothing or I just get to hard on myself and depressed. work in progress

Mel - Aren't you pretty tall? 170 might be a good weight for you...every picture I see of you on fb you just look thin and beautiful ...but if your personal goal is the 160's then I want to see you get there !!!!

Dee - I am a sucker for a Dr Pepper too ...fountain or not ...so I know exactly where you are coming from. Even when I am being strict and totally OP I still will save calories for one once in a while...DP is the best.
I have heard that about peppermint, I may have to try that.

Lee Anne - I also can go to bed whenever, me and dh don't have kids...so now that it is cold and dark early we tend to go up early and watch tv in bed until we get tired...its nice and cozy ...I try not to eat after 8:00 ...I don't think I could do it any earlier due to my meds ( diabetes )...but I hear the earlier you can cut it off the better.

Cheer - what is your real first name? or did I miss that? Anyway yes I am a carb hound too, and I know I never get enough protein...I really need to start working on that cause I feel so much better when I get more of it. Plus carbs are the enemy....Just kidding ....

Hi Susie !!!!! Hope you are having a good morning....

Well back to work ....today they are bringing in Noodles and Co for lunch for us...I am going to get more salad than pasta but still have some.

Talk to you all later
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:24 AM   #212  
It is what it is...

I need to get the courage up soon to weigh myself and update my tracker with the truth, lol !!!
Old 11-14-2012, 01:46 PM   #213  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hey Girls... Day #3

After posting I'm eating lunch, which my dh had for supper last night (goulash, I'm having a carb craving & the pasta shells will fix it ) Last night I passed on eating & just jazzed-up chicken broth to knock-out my headcold. If I hadn't been routinely eating 'just 1 serving size per meal' of each food for several years; I'd b on a carb binge today.....Nutritionists say Healthy changes Become routines after 5 weeks & its worked for my last 5 years & it made me feel sooo Happy when I read that Carri is trying Portion control by eating 1 serving size of her foods.... Dr. Oz would b smiling @ her & giving her a hug for her measuring her 1 serving portions.

Mel w your cooking for your kids & your sweetie I'm sure we share similar tasting/eating probs. I keep yo-yoing between 141 lbs my goal, & weighing 142 lbs--144 lbs weekly (stupid sodium/carbs) since joining Oct. 2011, I hit my goal 5 times & stay @ 141 lbs for just 1 or 2 weeks & then I gain 1 lb--3 lbs So I really don't know what my goal should b, Susie suggested I do a compromise @ 143 lbs; from my 145 lbs I've maintained 5 yrs now, but 8 yr ago I was 136 lbs & my metabolism now just doesn't burn-up cals/fat/carbs the same being in my 50's. My lifestyle w cooking for customers really Impacts my WI on Thursdays @ tops because I taste for quality control & I know that affects me. I agree w Carri about maybe U could change your goal to 169 lb or 171 lb & b content maintaing that weight @ least through the winter without gains & see how that works. At least that will allow U to toss marshmallows into your 'hot cocoa & eat cozy winter foods' without feeling pressured to b skinny. Just B Happy about How Healthy U r feeling after losing more than 60 lbs. I just liked the look of the #141 so I chose it last fall, but now I'm rethinking after Susie said #143 is also amazing. Anyways that's my thoughts for U, 171 lbs & 169 lbs look like good # for your height & a healthy & a strong toned body, & muscle does weigh more than fat

Hey everyone, I hope U all r having a happy week I gotta go now.
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:33 PM   #214  
Low Carb

S/C/G: 225/ ticker /135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satine View Post
I need to get the courage up soon to weigh myself and update my tracker with the truth, lol !!!
For me the sooner the better just to get a handle on things before it get's worse (shock factor). Although this is just my 2 cents & could be worth nothing . YOU will do it when YOU are ready

Not perfect today but still didn't go over board. I weighed this am & it was 199 BUT I don't record till Friday. I hope everyone is doing good we can only take 1 day @ a time ladies that's all we can expect of ourselves.

Smooches...... Lee Anne

Last edited by 1spunkygal; 11-14-2012 at 07:18 PM.
1spunkygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:33 PM   #215  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone. While I'm not working crazy hours this week I am now trying to catch up on things at home.

I haven't made it to the Y this week...and that's not good. I'll try for next week. I'm just tired.

I'm doing ok with the challenge and staying on plan but I have had some little slips--which is a soda every day. I have to stop those or it becomes a downhill slide for me.

I see that everyone is talking about where it is hard for them to keep eating undercontrol. I agree with the breakroom work area--especially as it is "getting to be that time of year". I think my hardest time and when I fall off the wagon is when I get home from work. I just feel like I NEED something and I know it is a comfort thing.

Carri: Update that tracker when YOU feel ready....it doesn't matter to us...you are still Carri and we still support you.

Dee: I see for you that running errands is a hard time...I've been there too. Because I'm a closet eater and if no one sees me eat it, then it doesn't count!

Mel: So nice to see you...and you look great!

Spunky and Cheerio: I have gone to bed before to avoid eating anymore. It's not a bad deal...and extra sleep is always good right?

Ok..got to go have some dinner, get the kitchen cleaned up and watch a little TV.

Stay strong everyone. I'm getting stronger every day...especially when I come here and read the posts.

I am having the MRI on my knee tomorrow and I have a follow-up apt on Nov 28...I'll keep you all informed. What I want to know is what I can and can't do with it and build my workouts around it and how can I strengthen it....I know how to take some pressure off of it.....take off some weight!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:58 PM   #216  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Carri- I'm 5ft 9in but being at the very high limit on the BMI bothers me...even though it shouldn't :-/ It's time to update your ticker, there's no shame in it going up some- you've seen me do it many times. I'm always here to chat (you know I always check me fb messages). I know you can rock this challenge!

Dee-thanks for the support!!Since starting this journey on June 1,2010 (wow it doesn't seem that long ago!) I've been up and down and tried to maintain. I've learned to stay away from dairy and don't eat fast food or most junk foods. It's easier for me bc I have stomach issues and I feel horrible if I eat those things (a very weird blessing in disguise I guess). Good luck on the challenge but I'm right there with you trying to maintain/maybe lose a few more pounds.

Susie- you are so sweet! Good luck with your MRI tmw!

Hope you lovely ladies have a great night and Thursday!
Rtsmme4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:18 AM   #217  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies, yesterday was again pretty good, not horrible, but not perfect...I like Susie am having a soda a day just to stave off the caffiene wdl headaches for a while ....but may go completely off this weekend...

Mel - thanks, I know you will always be there....fb, text, or here And yes if its going to bug you, then you should work for less weight ...you've come this far, gonna finish it

Susie - you and me and our sodas !!! Help us Lord !!! LOL ...good luck with the MRI

Lee Anne - you are right, I need to just get on there and deal with the number and move on !!!!

Dee - watching my portions is probably the only thing keeping me at bay right now with more weight gain, haha

So since Monday I have had three people at work come to me and say ( at different times ) how thin I am looking and two have said "boy you are just slimming down to nothing huh" ....I have been quite taken a back by these compliments since I have gained about 6-8 lbs in the past month or more...
I am not sure what they are seeing...I have thanked them and went on....but its just odd that I never get compliments and then boom out of nowhere three in three days, when I have gained !! Oh well I'll take it I guess

Have a good day everyone !!!!
Old 11-16-2012, 07:28 AM   #218  
Low Carb

good morning everyone.

Last edited by 1spunkygal; 11-16-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:20 AM   #219  
Sandee

Morning newsss alert

Good Morning America has just announced that the Hostess Co. has gone out of business today I'll sadly MISS my 'creme filled banana flips' I grew up with. If U have a fav, twinkies, filled cupcakes, etc buy ASAP & put them in your freezer

I'll b back later when I have time to post.

DeeDee
Old 11-16-2012, 10:13 AM   #220  
It is what it is...

Dee - yeah I read that earlier ...I was so sad because one, I LOVE Twinkies...and two, I haven't even got to try the chocolate ones yet...I may go out at lunch and buy some up.

OMG, my Ding Dongs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a nightmare..............haha

Carri
Old 11-16-2012, 10:32 AM   #221  
Low Carb

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniDoodles View Post
Morning newsss alert

Good Morning America has just announced that the Hostess Co. has gone out of business today I'll sadly MISS my 'creme filled banana flips' I grew up with. If U have a fav, twinkies, filled cupcakes, etc buy ASAP & put them in your freezer

I'll b back later when I have time to post.

DeeDee
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !

Carri - the choc filled teinkies aren't that great ...just my 2 cents

Last edited by 1spunkygal; 11-16-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:31 AM   #222  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

Hey guys good morning!! I am down to 214!! I can't stay on this site long my computer has been crashing when i come on here, weird i know! I hope you are all doing well! I will keep u posted! I'll try to get some walking in today and tomrrow do some weights!

I'm a sucker for the swiss rolls yum! Sunday we'll be having our thanksgiving dinner and i'll give myself that one free meal that day,(sunday cuz my two oldest go to their dads for thanksgiving day) I'm excited for my free meal. (the one where I eat like a normal person.)
cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:42 PM   #223  
Sandee

Day #5 Wow the Hostess cake co. made the 6:30pm big news on tv tonight it seems everyone is gonna miss their fav cakes

Cherri, Congrats on your 214# On my free-day I like to treat myself to some pricey fruits I Luv & not share them, mine-mine allll mine Have a Awesome Sunday....With your Mommy's day-off TY for reminding me to lift my hand weights this weekend & I'll take my doggies for a walk w me. I'm taking 3 flavors of cheesecake to Thanksgiving dinner, but I'm making 1 w fat-free cream cheese so us girls can enjoy dessert like everybody else will.

I loved reading everyones 'fav' Hostess cakes posted I looked for my creme-filled banana flip cakes & I couldn't find any today OR my coconut covered-creme filled chocolate snowball cakes

Carri, I wanted to try the chocolate creme Twinkies too....do we dare Trust LeeAnne's 2 cent opinion on Such a Critical tasting matter maybe she ate a Dill-pickle just before eating her chocolate Twinkie Have U tried drinking coffee or tea for your Pop-caffeine withdrawls, my dh Has to drink 2 cups coffee or hot tea when he gets up for work @ 5:00am & @ 8am on weekends or he gets your pounding headaches & feels jittery from his caffeine addiction

Well girls @ least we still have yummy frozen Pepperidge Farm cakes for that fresh tasty, quick sugar fix Key Lime cake, yumm... Plus peanut-butter &

Hey the pic of me & dh is 3 yrs ago w my winter hair-color, it's called copper & is pretty. I'm debating on going copper again for this winter, then I won't need a touch-up again for 3-4 months....The room was filled w Christmas lights so my hair looks light-brown here (we both look bad in this pic from the crazy lights, but at least our eyes r open) the copper is flattering on all skin-tones; especially in the winter when nobody wants to look pale/sick. I don't want my strawberry blonde hair during the winter U saw on me @ the lake....Maybe get 2 colors of highlights but that's pricey to keep looking fresh?? .... So many decisions that guys just don't have to think about...They just take a shower & change their clothes, such a simple life for men...

So does anybody else 'change' their hair-color or hair-style during the winter months

Blessings to Everyone & Have a Wonderful weekend....

ps: my snack times today: salsa verde & fat-free sour cream w low-salt tortilla chips. 1 serving size measured @ 3 snack times

Last edited by miniDoodles; 11-17-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:09 AM   #224  

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

MADE IT!!! MADE IT!!!! After almost one YEAR, I am down to 199!!!! HAPPY DAY!!
nicolejoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:08 PM   #225  
Low Carb

Quote:

Carri, I wanted to try the chocolate creme Twinkies too....do we dare Trust LeeAnne's 2 cent opinion on Such a Critical tasting matter maybe she ate a Dill-pickle just before eating her chocolate Twinkie

Hey the pic of me & dh is 3 yrs ago w my winter hair-color, it's called copper & is pretty. I'm debating on going copper again for this winter, men...

So does anybody else 'change' their hair-color or hair-style during the winter months
1st of all - you look really pretty in that pic

2nd of all - try the awful awful chocolate filled Twinkies (wink) yourself BUT don't say I didn't warn you my motto "if it aint broke don't fix it"

3rd of all - I was NOT a good girl today I went to Amish country to my fav YUMMY place which is CLOSING another devastating blow ! & ate like I weighed 90 lbs it was my treat day

back on the wagon in th morning :hug with my hair I do go a little longer in the winter same color md brown .

NICOLEJOY= YAHOOOOOOOOOOOO ! & welcome

Last edited by 1spunkygal; 11-19-2012 at 09:06 AM.