Old 01-12-2013, 10:46 AM   #391  

Height: 5'7"

I posted yesterday but was doing it before I went into a budget meeting and I see that it isn't here. So, I will start over.

I had a GREAT loss at TOPS on Thursday (my official weigh-in day). I lost 4.25 lbs! I had some great losses like that last year and then I would let the weight "creep" back on and so I kept losing and then regaining. That WILL not happen this year. I won't let myself do that to me!

Dee: I am very happy to hear the news about DH's cancer. God is good! I am not happy to hear that the doctor let you all worry. I think she should have told him that the cancer wasn't there BUT if he didn't take the meds last year his chances of it recurring were 100%....in my opinion that would have been a better approach.

The wedding party attire you described sounds beautiful and makes me understand the talent you have!

You asked where do I get my energy from and sometimes I don't even know! I don't get the sleep that I should and on Friday's I usually crash early and I always take a nap on Sunday. I'm thinking about trying some of the "protein " shakes. I am going to look at the Jilian Michael whey you talked about.

Victoria--You are one week away from you wedding!!!!! I can't believe that with it so close you are jogging...but you know, watching what you eat and exercising as you are right up to the wedding is going to show on your wedding day. You will have confidence, you will be radiant and happy.

Carri: Thanks for getting us back to posting our food daily.

LeeAnne: Great job on the 2 lb loss!

Hi Liz! Hi Mel!

Here is my food for yesterday: On Friday's I'm a bit "freerer" it's sort of the day I give myself to not be so strict...since it is right after my weigh-in but on Saturday's I get back to it!

Friday, Jan 11
B=1 Special K protein bar , water
L= baked potato with tad of sour cream and cheese. Roasted veggies (aspargus, carrots, red and organce bell peppers slices), 1 cookie, watermelon, and water
D=veggie burrito from Hot Head Burrito-these are huge ladies, but so yummy. I scoop of peanut butter ice cream (I try not to keep ice cream in my house as it is one of my addicting foods).

Ok...I need to get to cleaning this house and paying some bills. We are attending a b-day dinner tonight for my 5k partner...it is at a local italian resturant. I need to plan the rest of my food/meals for the week and get DH out to the store so I can clean while he is gone.

I'll see you all tomorrow. We can do this ladies!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:32 AM   #392  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls !!! hAPPY WEEKEND !!!

Just weighed myself and was 219.8 ...so in the 2 teens but barely....lol...hey I'll take a 2 pound loss this week !!

Susie - over 4 pounds !!!! GREAT JOB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are killing 2013 so far.

Dee - sorry I forgot about the ear question, no I didn't have any ear issues with this last sickness, but I did have a friend who does right now and she ended up in the ER because the ear pain was so bad...hope yours is better soon....thanks for mentioning the Jillian protein powder, I will check it out since you said there is no artificial sweetners in it, I have a hard time finding ones that taste good too....but I'll check that one out....and yes I am lactose intolerant...I normally just drink the lactose free milk, kroger brand since thats where I shop...I like it pretty well, but I will also do almond milk too...dont like the soy or coconut.
The thing you said you dh and you made me smile....being "hot" and all ...it would be nice to get that dating feeling back for a while...so enjoy....you guys got a new lease on life.

Okay girls, gotta go find something to eat on this fine Saturday morning...talk to you later.
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:25 PM   #393  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

to These AMAZING Chicks for their Fabulous Losses last week: Carri -2 pounds, LeeAnne -2 pounds, Susie -4.25 pounds
All of U girls have just showed everyone what Powerful minds & bodies U each have! With your New Year's start-up & a New gorgeous body for your Christmas 2013

Like Carri in Indianapolis would say, "get your engines started for your big race" Or "Looks like all 3 of U r in-it, to Win-it" as Jeff Probst from Survivor says. Our thread posting during 2013 w our successes will b our 'Best year ever'

Weather report for here: last night it poured rain & the only snow we have is inside our woods, otherwise it looks & feels like April. This week supposed to b in the 30*s, yesterday 60*

LeeAnne, I'm sooo proud of U for your health commitment while starting your new job I've never done a 'detox' before, but Dr.Phil's wife was on Rachael Ray & does this daily. Morning Drink: mix 1 c. warm water, 2 T. lemon juice, 3 T. apple cider vinegar. Robin McGraw says, "This mix is a great way to start the day, it not only cleanses the body, but boosts the metabolism."
I know pepole that have done the lemon juice, honey, pepper, detox but it's not for me. So I'm going to try the gentler version that Mrs.McGraw does & see if it keeps me 'regular' TMI & gets rid of any extra toxins. So w your detox the next few days, I hope it helps your body!

Hey Susie, we stayed home again this Sunday from church because of the speakers/band & my ears & watched church in bed. About the ['want beets for supper DeeDee'] to stop me from talking; when I was a child in Charleston @ supper there were 'pickled beets' on the table, my older brother told me, they were 'the hearts of dead animals' & I cried & cried. He did the same thing w 'brussel sprouts & aparagus' telling me they were 'rotted brains' & I don't eat them or 'cooked beets' now, they just don't appeal to me. I do love all the other veggies. Funny how kids get scared & have a bad memory linger into adulthood. Also I don't eat any animal organs because of the toxins in them. My dad spanked my brother & this little southern girl ate her fried chicken & fried carrots & potatos (& I watched my brother to see if he died because daddy Made him eat the beets, brussel sprouts & asparagus @ each meal, after he scared me) But I do eat beet greens

Carri, I shop @ Kroger weekly too & get my flu shots there also. We alternate WalGreen & Kroger w our RX for the $25 transfer & my dh gets free 'ice cream, steaks, booze' men I like how Kroger separates their nutritional/natural foods into a separate area also so if there is a specific food to shop for its much easier to locate & loading coupons/sales onto the Kroger keytag for discounts. And I still shop @ our local Amish grocery stores once a month for all my 'natural grains' especially for bread dough, pastas, beans, etc. A friend gave me crap about buying 'real beans' & rinsing them & cooking them, instead of buying canned beans off the shelf. Ok the beans I buy r raw in a bag, so I rinse them/soak/cook them w/o salt & preservatives, it takes no time to do that & they r tastier, healthier & cheaper so it's a win-win. I have several crock-pot slow cookers, duh they r wonderful. Please tell us here what U r doing w your 'work weight-loss challenge' like your rules & any weekly/monthly challenges U r doing, TY.

Victoria, if U don't have time to post before the wedding, U know we all r wishing U the most Beautiful "Wedding Day" ever

Liz & Mel We miss you!
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:41 PM   #394  
There I am!

S/C/G: 279/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone! I'm hopping on board!
thnknthin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:14 AM   #395  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

Thinkthin- Welcome!! Your ticker shows you have had great results! You are definitely on you way to onderland!! What type of plan are you on and what are your tips to losing?

Susie- I sent you a fb post this am, I hope you're doing well on your walking , I did 5 miles yesterday!! 4lbs!! Fantastic! I have that issue too,Mine creeps back up once I lose , because I'm so proud of myself I reward myself with 2 and 3 day binges until its back. I'm starting to realize I might actually really have a mental problem with food!

Carri- I found you on facebook and added you as well Already in the teens! This is your year!! You have got this under control and will not fail! PRoud of you and glad to see you doing so well and so quickly!

Dee- I'm so happy to hear that your husband's cancer is gone! I'm also sad to hear that the doctor thought it was her place to keep important precious information and peace of mind from you! :HUg:

MIsti- How are you hangin in there ??

today I have lots of laundry to put away , lots of walking to do 22 miles in 6 days because I always skip days , , I have lots of lights to make for the wedding they take like an hour each I ate on plan yesterday after a weekend of binge eating because the scale went back down , so as of yesterday its 209 again. Wow I'm such a self sabotager. That is it!~ I'm not gonna be dumb anymore. I jogged yesterday in the middle of the day I suffered so much more than when its cool out. things are good here mobing along at a good pace, I'm a little overwhelmed right now with all the small but many tasks that lie ahead, but I'm sure it will all work out well in the end. Take care ladies and be tough today you can totally do this!!
cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:25 AM   #396  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls, hope you all had a great weekend...I am so tired today and a little headachey from little sleep ...dh stayed home today as he said his head hurt really bad...he skipped his bp med yesterday and when he does he always gets a bad headache...I would think that would make you more up on it, but who knows I tried to call and get a refill for him but his rx has expired...so now he has to call doc office as they wont let me due to privacy issues.

Dee - I am not doing anything special right now, no exercise...just staying at or under 1600 and no soda ...probably get more strict with carbs and sugar once I feel like I got a handle on things. I love Kroger and their sales, and I always use the little savings card...gotta go there tonight after work ughhhhh ....hate grocery store night, haha

Victoria - great I will look for the friend request ...and thanks for the encouraging words....when is the wedding again?

Hope this work day goes fast ...I'm just not feeling it today...thankfully this weekend is a three day weekend thanks to MLK day....so that will help me get thru the week.

Hi Susie, Mel, Liz, and LeeAnn.....have a great day everybody !!!!!

Food 1/13/13

breakfast - none
Lunch - Subway, ham and cheese on flatbread ( 370 ) and baked bbq chips ( 140 )
Snack - baked cheetos ( 150 )
Dinner - chipped beef gravy on toast ( bread 200, gravy 400 ) - 600
Snack - serving of lactose free milk with some nestle quick power - 180
Total for day - 1440
Old 01-14-2013, 10:26 AM   #397  
There I am!

S/C/G: 279/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi Cheeriloos!

I started my weight loss last year on Jan 4. I started out by just cutting back portions and making healthier choices. In February last year I joined Ideal Protein program and did that for about two months, but had trouble paying for that and decided to do it on my own again. Shortly after that, I fell off the wagon which lasted for about 5-6 months. Unfortunately, I gained about 30lbs back. Very frustrating having to relose the same weight. My husband has been doing this along with me and we restarted our weight loss the first part of this past October. We have been doing it on our own watching carbs, mainly sticking to protein and vegetables. We have cut out all sugar, bread, pasta, starchy foods and even fruit. Since starting back up in October I have lost about 35-40lbs. I try and walk every day either outside or on the treadmill. I weight myself every day, which can be discouraging sometimes. Like this morning for instance, I weighed a pound heavier and was very good calorie/carb wise yesterday. I have started the C25K and am thinking the running may have caused water retainage. That's about all I'm doing. I'm determined to stick with it this time to get to my goal and hope by summer I'll be a lot closer to it!
thnknthin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #398  
Downloading 10% complete

S/C/G: 190/188/170

Height: 5'4"

Argh!! I want to post in here! I thought I had a slow week, but I was 206 this morning, down from 209 last week (??!). I want to start posting in here when I get to 198 as by then I'll have got rid of a stone!

Soooo... Just wanted to post anyway to say hello, and back in a bit!!
the shiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:52 PM   #399  
Sandee

Hi Girls

thnknthin1 So nice to have U join us on this thread, we r all about support including our day-to-day life that can help w our successes or probs that cause us to back-slide. Getting & remaining @ your fav size or goal weight is not about dieting, but not repeating our bad choices. It sounds like U mapped out your gains & loss probs really well, so congrats on solving it. It helps us to help each other w sharing 'tips' when we know each other.

shiv, come back anytime. Your weight# doesn't matter to us Maybe we can help U reach it.

Victoria wow U r doing sooo much, please tell me that your mom & mom inlaw r helping U or your sister, friends w your wedding. I don't want U to burn-out before your wedding day. If U need some help, Please tell them, they love U & want to b there for U. If you've tried on your gown recently & it's snug, just go to Target/W-Mart & buy some shapewear & avoid salt. Please just walk/jog to relax yourself before your wedding, but not to punish yourself for your recent binges & eat OP. What is the name of your protein shake that has only 25 cals, does it have artificial sweetners. Maybe I'd alternate it w my Jillian.

Carri, on Sat. night there was a repeat of the 1st Biggest Loser on, I almost cried w the guy that was sent home when all the teams cried w him. Looks like another really good season. OMG the girl from Detroit was a scank on the Batchelor last week so happy she left, so U see what I'm watching tonight to distract me & de-stress & get a few good laughs. Hey my only prob w grocery shopping is that the bakery & deli aisles make me hungry & my dh will buy it & eat it while we shop. If I was 5'10" & weighed 175#, I'd eat all the time too & whatever I wanted; at 48 yr his job is keeping him looking like a athlete w his metabolism. Yessss I envy him, his bod hasn't changed in our 18 yr together Men r just sooo lucky to have faster metabolisms than the ladies do.

Susie, LeeAnne, Liz & Mel

Food Log: 1/13/13
Breakfast: chocolate protein shake w banana & cool-whip in it.
2 slices toast w cinnamon/sugar sprinkles.
Lunch: 2 slices pepperoni pizza, & 3 breadsticks w ice tea.
Supper: veggie, beef stew & 3 dumplings w hot peppermint tea.
snacks: 1 glass Moscato wine, German chocolate brownie w glass of milk, hot peach tea.

Not active, it was a lazy day & we just read & watched football

Last edited by miniDoodles; 01-14-2013 at 02:53 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:38 PM   #400  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Hey ladies!!

So sorry I haven't posted, crazy busy weekend! DS was really sick on Saturday and missed a birthday party that I took DD alone to, then Sunday was his birthday plus my nephew's baptism, and he was still sick so my little guy spent his 5th birthday on the couch with Daddy playing games, while I went with DD to the baptism, oh well!! He's better today so that's good.

the shiv - Welcome!! You are definitely welcome to post anytime, you don't need to be in onederland, this post is for ladies who are on their way there, or would like to stay there! Congrats on your losses thus far!

Dee - Your food log sounds yummy! Lazy days are nice once in a while.

Carri - Hope your hubby will call the doctor's office, in order to get mine to do anything organized like that I have to stand over him while he does it....it's like a 3rd child sometimes, I swear. Hope you're able to catch up on your sleep.

Everyone I missed - Hi!

Things are going well for me, although only a .2 loss to report for the week though, lol....the weekend with everything going on and lots of food around....not surprising I didn't lose. Oh well. Since everybody else is posting food, I will too!

1/14/13
B. 2 banana vita tops, plus a few bites of the kids cereal (ooops) (300 cals)
L. 2 oz. chicken, 1/2 cup 7 vegetable salad (made it for the weekend, so yummy!), crackers (300 cals)
S #1 - Yogurt, tea and a few cookies (200 cals)
D. Planning on a BIG salad with chicken and tons of veggies (about 300 cals or so with dressing)
S #2 - Tea, cherries, 100 cal pack of chocolate pretzels (200 cals)

Anyways hope everybody has a great day!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:09 AM   #401  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies....hope everyone is having a good morning so far...

Dee - Yes I totally agree with the lady that got let go on the Bachelor last week...she was too much ...she got too drunk and I think that was her undoing with Sean...I think there are a couple he really connected with though right at first, should be a good season...it also broke my heart on BL with the guy that got sent home, to hear him cry like that was really sad, because he needed to be there ...but that is the game I guess...Yes I am also jealous of my husband...normally only 15lbs overweight if he is even that...can diet for two weeks and look like a million bucks...men !!!!

Liz - He will call the doc office IF an emergency...lol...I usually take care of everything as I know you do...stressful sometimes huh? Good job on the loss...hey a loss is a loss...

Hi Mel, Susie, Victoria and LeeAnn !!!!!!! Have a great day !!!!

Food 1/14/13
breakfast - bacon, egg, and cheese on flatbread ( 325 )
lunch - Wendys chili ( 220 ) and 4 pce nuggett ( 180 ), needed something quick
Snack - none
Dinner - homemade chicken parm, with side of spaghetti, made low fat and with portions...550 cals, still higher though
Snack - rice krispie treat - 90
Total for day - 1365
Old 01-15-2013, 09:09 AM   #402  
It is what it is...

Also we don't have to put calories to what we ate the day before, I just do it for my own record in my head.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:28 PM   #403  
Sandee

G'd afternoon girls

Liz, I'm so sorry your son was sick for his b-day, but I'm sure that your family is planning a 'very Happy Birthday' dinner for him when he's well I hope the rest of U stay well. Liz U know any loss is BEtter than a gain, U can b any weight U want like U proved before I was going to ask Arabella when she was here in 2011 if she'd ever been in the audience @ the 'Steven & Chris' tv show in Canada, have U ? I watch them almost daily, they have good guests & info. on their show. The only place in Canada I've been to is the Niagara Falls My hubby has skiied in Canada several times.

Carri, Who r your top 3 for winning BL??? I'm on the fence right now. It was wonderful to see that Bob's blue team did great w their losses w being punished in the game room & being lazy. Shocking to see the red team w 3/-2 lb losses. Happy to see Jillians 2 girls both w great losses, she was like their individual 'personal trainer'.

The only time my dh voluntarily gets medical help is to use his AFLAC insurance knowing @ least he can have fun w the $120 he gets after his injury.... men....

Susie, LeeAnne, Victoria & Mel We miss U & hope U r Well & OP

1/14/13
Breakfast: frozen strawberries in my vanilla protein shake (I use my immersion stick blender for my shakes, or w ice cubes to make them into a creamy milkshake)
Lunch: egg salad wh.wh. sandwich, 3 baby dill pickles & glass of milk.
Supper: chicken, mashed potatos, cole slaw & ice water w lime slice.
snacks: hot peach tea, German chocolate brownie w glass of white wine.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:15 AM   #404  
It is what it is...

Morning Gals !!!!

I am actually feeling smaller this morning, starting to feel the fruits of my labor so to speak, hahahaha, that saying makes me sound older than I am....fer sure ....lol

Dee - yeah I am on the fence about who to root for in BL too...I do like both of the women on Jillians team quite a bit so I could see me rooting for one of them in the end....

Kind of quiet in here yesterday.....where my girls at ?

Now that I have broke back into the 2 teens my next mini goal is the single two's....I am getting excited for that.

Have a great day all !!!

Food Tuesday 1/15
breakfast - english muffin with 1.5 T of peanut butter - 250 cals
lunch - low cal taco salad ( no tortilla chips ) - 375 cals
snack - pop chips - 100 ...granola bar - 190
dinner - two slices of low cal pizza - 210..one cup salad - 150
snack - rice krispie treat - 90....baked cheetos - 140
total for day - 1505
Old 01-16-2013, 11:09 AM   #405  

Height: 5'7"

I FINALLY made it here! The past two days have been crazy at work. I just was given our budget and it's a mess and we have to have all the corrections in by the first week of Feb in order for things to be on track for the next 6 months.

Our "fiscial" year goes from July to June. No one has taken a look at things for 6months, so I had a lot to plow through with two managers and then start hunting down things they didn't think looked right.

It has been hard but I have gotten my inside walks in, and other than Monday night I also have been on the eliptical and bike. I'm going to the Y tonight as well.

I have been a bit more munchy this week--most likely due to feeling a bit stressed with being handed this extra work--but I have done my best to be smart about it and eat dry ceral and protein bars. I did have a mini bag of kettle corn yesterday.

I read through the posts--you girls are so inspiring!

Welcome to the new people...this is a amazing board and we are glad that you have come to check us out and join us.

I have to get back to work---now I need to catch up my other work before all the answers that I sent out emails for start coming in.

I'll be back to doing personals and daily food posting tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote