Old 11-22-2012, 11:07 AM   #241  

Height: 5'7"

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I did my 5k this morning. The unoffical time was under 55..I think it was 54:35 or something like that. There is a website we can check later to find out. As soon as I know, I wil let all know.

I have some sort of GI issue today. So, I think I will be eating light on the food. That's ok!

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday.

Spunky: Sorry to hear that so much has been going on with you. Good idea to wait until next week for the scales.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:03 PM   #242  
Low Carb

S/C/G: 225/ ticker /135

Height: 5' 2"

Thanks Susie & Congrats on your time !

The situation with my brother is "It is what it is" he never took care of himself... all the more reason that we should. My family is odd & they'll work it out they don't seem to want my help....fair enough. (please don't think I'm cold)
1spunkygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:17 AM   #243  
It is what it is...

Hi Ladies ! Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving with your families !!

Talk to you soon. Gnight.
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:03 AM   #244  

Good morning. My official time yesterday was 54:30. My time for this reace last year was 59:58. I am happy that over a year of training I was able to shave that much time off.

My friend who does the 5k's with me and I are setting a gold of 6 5k's next year and we want at least one to have a time of 49:00:00. I'm goal inspired so I know this will be good for me.

I had a bit of a stomach bug yesterday. I wasn't sure if I would make it through the race but I said a prayer and got through it. As soon as I got over the finish line about 3 minutes later I was happy the bathroom was close! I only got sick that one time, but I really watched what I ate and had very small portions and no seconds!

Today we are cleaning house and I'm getting out my Christmas decorations for the mantel and other places in the house. I'm going to leave the tree until tomorrow.

We plan on heading out to the Mall around 4 and will do a bit of shopping and then have a nice dinner out.

I'm also doing some shopping online.

Spunky: I don't think you are cold. We can't fix anyone...we can only support and even that has a limit.

Carri: I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. When does our new Challenge start?

Dee, Victoria, Mel: Hi!

I know sometimes we talk about other things here than just weight-loss..and I'm glad we do...it reminds me that I am a whole person.

Is anyone a reader? Or have you read any books lately that you really liked or maybe didn't? I LOVE to read..it is the way I truly relax. A friend of mine gave me the Fifty Shades books to read. I wasn't planning on reading them, but I have read the 1st two now and I can't but them down! I told myself I can start the 3rd one tomorrow...I need to get a few things done.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:24 AM   #245  
Low Carb

Thanks ladies ! My family has been wacked for years. & yes I'm glad we talk about more than our weight issues on here cause this Fri weigh in (I said I was gonna wait) I was 201 onward we GO !

I was cancelled this morning @ my reg job (NICU). When our census is low they cancel us in 4 hr increments. I've started picking up side work so I had business cards & a window cling made for my car. (Vistaprint ) It's either feast or famin where I work so ya gotta do what ya gotta do .

Have a good day ladies !
Old 11-24-2012, 11:06 AM   #246  
Sandee

Hi there, it's so nice to have 3 days to just relax now. Thanksgiving was wonderful, it was 58* & sunny all day @ our sons; the baby learned to say 2 new words, 'gobble-gobble' he kept us entertained all day.

Susie on your 5K time Yes I really like to read & find it hard to put a book down once I get started; but I haven't read any books for a few years except magazine & job-related books... I always have too much to do & not enough time to browse @ books in the store, but I know when I buy an e-reader soon that I'll read more again w the convenience of being able to download them. I know I'll download 50 Shades on it I'm not sure which to tell Santa to bring me: a color Nook or a Kindle....

LeeAnne I'm so Happy that U r back w us I'm sorry about your family. Most families have @ least 1 screwed-up member in it. Think of it as a sign or as a Blessing that they didn't ask U to b involved, now they cann't critcize U for stuff, 'it's All on Them w whatever goes wrong/right'....I'm just very Happy that U did Not get Hurt by the careless deer.
Living in the country we daily try to avoid the deer & turkeys running into the street & our cars. Oct. 2011 a buck went through the engine of my dh truck & we don't have rental-car-coverage so it was a 2 week hassle of him using my car till his truck was repaired.

I stayed home Friday & today & shopped online & used the free-shipping codes Too many sick & germy people in the stores & the restaraunt employees r sneezing/coughing during the winter months, so we just eat out for celebrations till spring.

The temps here dropped 10* today winter has sneaked back into the 40*s. I'm making broccoli-potato-bacon soup in the crock-pot for supper now. I gotta start walking daily to enjoy my winter carbs again.

Victoria, Carri, Mel
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:01 PM   #247  

The tree is up, the house is clean and decorated and I have 6 presents bought.

Today has been a pretty relaxing day. I just did things at my leisure. We are about to head uptown to our Hollidazzle parade. If anyone is interested in looking for info on that google Hollizdazzle Wilmington, OH.

We are going to dinner with some friends after the parade..and I konw I'm having some sort of soup. I'm going to need it as it is FREEZING here! I have my warm fuzzy boots on, my turtleneck sweater and wearing my warmest coat, my hate, scarf and gloves...and I have some handwarmers that I am taking too.

Dee: Your Thanksgiving sounds lovely and the soup you are making sounds good.

I think if I were going to get a digital book reader I would go for Kindle Fire..get the wireless one and then you don't have to buy a data package, you can use your wireless connection at home and there are so many places with free-wi fi.

I am so lucky to have a friend who is a librarian and she brings me most of my books and then I look online at Barnes and Nobles and look for titles that sound interesting and ask her to check those out for me. A lot of my friend are readers and they suggest/lend books too.

LeeAnne: Good for you for facing those scales...you aren't that far from ONDERland...you can get there next week or the next if you stay OP! I know you can.

Ok..DH is say...COME ON!!! I'll check in tomorrow.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:25 AM   #248  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

Hey everyone, I guess that I really bombed it this week. I checked my weight last night and i'm up 7 lbs back to where I started, I was really sad when I saw it. I'll just start again and stop screwing up . I really feel dumb , i know its water weight but wow what a disapointment, i ate a good breakfast and i'm goin for a walk right now. Hope you all are doing well I'll check in later
cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:40 AM   #249  
Low Carb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeriloos View Post
Hey everyone, I guess that I really bombed it this week. I checked my weight last night and i'm up 7 lbs back to where I started, I was really sad when I saw it. I'll just start again and stop screwing up . I really feel dumb , i know its water weight but wow what a disapointment, i ate a good breakfast and i'm goin for a walk right now. Hope you all are doing well I'll check in later

Cheeriloos- you are not alone my friend I'm up 4lbs not that I want company or anything . the holidays are NOT easy we can just take 1 day @ a time that's it.

Susie- i guess im not trying hard enough really i need a kick in the pants

Last edited by 1spunkygal; 11-25-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:48 PM   #250  

LeeAnn and Victoria: Someone once told me that our true weight gains are not what we eat between Thanksgiving and New Years but what we eat between New Years and Thanksgiving.

So with that said...one day at a time. For some people the goal is to just net out what they weighed on their weigh-in before Thanksgiving. If on New Years Day you weigh what you weighed before the holiday, than it might be enough for you and from New Years Day you can then plan to get more weight off.

If that is not for you, then figure out what you really think you can loose and go for it. Whatever each person decides..know that this group here will support you!

Dee and Carri: I'm sure you both are busy...but you are missed!

I can't believe Monday is tomorrow; I have enjoyed the time off and feel that I have relaxed and rested and got some things done.

I am sort of looking forward to work tomorrow as our site will be celebrating our company's 175th Birthday and we have a big celebration planed and I'm helping with it. I LOVE my company and I LOVE my job so I am looking forward to tomorrow.

I have made a goal to make my workouts 3 times a week from now until the end of the year...just to keep level. I hope I lose but will be happy as long as I don't have a gain and I feel good. So tomorrow...I'll be at the gym..I have gotten a bit lax on it for the past 6 weeks.

See you all tomorrow
Old 11-26-2012, 05:49 AM   #251  
~Tori~

Default Good Morning Ladies!

I'm up early today as my fiance left this morning to work in another city for one week. It was really hard helping him pack and saying goodbye knowing I'd be alone with the kids at night for six days. I'm not used to that. He is a big part of my weight gain though since he mostly refuses to diet and I cook for him then get weak and eat it. Maybe this week will be good for me.

He and I went for a 4 mile walk yesterday , I was pretty beat by the end of it since the most I go is 3. I'm gonna do good with food again today.

Over the weekend I was searching for a Panini press and ended up with a big george foreman grill from macy's for 19.99 after 15 dollar mail in rebate. yay! I also got a really hot pair of black heels from Ross, then I bought some insoles and tried putting them in last night...there was only one insole! I checked one package and it had two then my daughter started playing with it and put it down, so i went and grabbed another , lucky me I grabbed a package which only had one in it! I have to return at walmart I guess lol , thats ok this time I'll use the coupon that came in the package.

I don't know if I mentioned that my dryer stopped heating up about two weeks ago, it gave me a ton of extra work having to take 6 people's laundry to the dryer with a baby. I'm so happy I got a new one yesterday from craigslist for 25 dollars and it works !!
Old 11-26-2012, 06:10 AM   #252  
~Tori~

Susie: You're right, I just had higher expectations for myself you know, and then I felt all disappointed yadda yadda yadda I'm gonna have to just pick it up which is unnatural to me , I normally wallow in it for a long time and grow more..I havent' read in a while , I have been watching movies though..Watched Breaking Dawn Last night ! Great movie if you're into twilight..saw Thor the other day,,HOT. I don't normally ogle men but that was unreal!

Dee: I really like shopping online and thank you so much for the advice I'm going to sit down and plan the week on paper in a minute, since I normally wing it..I know that structure and rewards system will help me a lot.

Carrie: Hi

Spunky:thank you You're right, I don't want company in gaining but I don't feel like such a loser. I felt like I wasted so much time, I'm over it and I'll just keep going. Sorry about everything thats been going on with your brother and the deer. This will all sort out soon.

Everyone : Have a good day

Last edited by cheeriloos; 11-26-2012 at 06:10 AM. Reason: emoticon weirdness
Old 11-26-2012, 12:45 PM   #253  
Sandee

Happy Cyber Monday girls

I'm a member of your 'oops I should'a walked away from the dessert/snacks club' on Thanksgiving & the weekend. My scale said I was up 2 lbs, so I took 2 water pills & it's off again dum sodium. Soo that being said I'm sure most of everyones gain is from salt....

Susie I'm on board w U on working-out 3x week to New Years I'm starting tomorrow & prob do it for 30-60 minutes until all the holiday craziness is over & then I hope to make it a 'me routine' it will help strengthen my muscles because we'll start snow-shoe hiking & skiing as soon as we get 6" of snow. I hope your knee is ok after your 5k. Its wonderful to have a career that U r loving to go to daily, U r very blessed.

Victoria I got ya on feeling sad while your fiance' is gone. I've never been alone more than 3 days my 'entire' lifetime & then my dh phoned me daily those 3 nights. I feel ok about it now though because I have my doggies w me. Hey if U still have your dryer, buy a new 'heating element' & follow the dryer manual & replace it & if that fixes it, you'll have a back-up for when the craig's list dryer breaks. My dh has replaced my dryer 'heating element' 2x & my dryer works like new. He let me install the 2nd element, girls can do almost everything technical/mechanical that don't need huge muscles Great job on finding 'bargains' I love sales too

Today is a new day & start for the week....So lets not just 'try', lets All 'DO' make a 'plan' like Victoria is doing & start a 'exercise routine' like Susie is doing. Remember when people actually logged-in w a daily planner for the week & month...if U bite it, then U write it, then U gotta move-it to Lose-it, take that fat back-off your body 2,000 steps = 1 mile walked, a person weighing 150 pounds burns 183 calories w 30 minutes of walking, I got that info from 3FC here.

Time to go finish my cyber shopping now. Tonight is our Mexican food night for supper & I love this food & its easy lo-fat & lo-carb recipes soo tasty.

Carri & LeeAnne & Mel
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:11 PM   #254  
Low Carb

Thanks ladies I'm responsible for my weight gain no one else. I'm the one that puts the goodies in my mouth. I cannot blame anyone but myself no one twists my arm

Good advice I need to journal again I do so much better when I do that . Gotta run the grandgirls are coming in the door .....

I agree I hate being alone for a few days the days are OK but I don't sleep well @ night. Not afraid or anything but after the 1st night I'm OK

Not having the dryer bites I hope the one you have now works.

Last edited by 1spunkygal; 11-26-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:27 PM   #255  

Hi Ladies,

I sort of got my workout in today. I realized that today was the last day of the Masquarde Sell at our hospital. Everything at this sale is $5! They have costume jewlery, scarfs (dressy and winter), handbags...watches..all sort of stuff. I bought several items for Christmas presents.

So I knew I wanted to do that tonight after work, so I did our indoor vibrant living walking trail during my lunch hour. It is a route that is mapped out in the building. It takes about 30 min to do it so I did that. While I didn't walk as fast as I would if I had been at the gym--I didn't plan on doing it so I didn't have my walking shoes, I still moved for 30 minutes.

Here is my food for today. It's not great but it's time to start back with journaling and I find it helps me to do it here.

B=1 greek yogurt, water
L=2 veggies egg rolls, rasberries, strawberries, blue berries, blackberries with fruit dip, 1 sugar cookie, water
D=4 taco's (used low fat sourcream..but I have to have sour cream on tacos)
Snack: 2 scoops of peanut butter chip icecream, water
Exercise: 30 min walk at a moderate pace.

Victoria: Dee has given you good advice on pre-writing down your menu. I know that there was one girl on this thread that lost over 100 lbs and she has kept it off..she always planned dessert in her menu..she knew she would eat it, so she counted the calories in her planning..that way she stayed in calorie range and on plan.

Just wanted to share that info with you in case it is something you would want to consider.

Dee: So glad you will join me in exercising up to the holiday. It will get you ready for the snow-shoe hiking & skiing!
What sort of Mexican dinner did you have tonight?

LeeAnn: Enjoy your grandgirls being there with you. I don't like to be alone at night eithier. For that matter, if my DH works on a Saturday I have a hard time going back to sleep when he leaves and if I do, I have weired dreams and wake up feeling "off" and " out of sorts" so I just get up when he leaves.

Carri: Are you ok?