Old 11-18-2012, 07:03 PM   #226  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone,

I am going to do this quick--I have not been "on plan" because I haven't been planning! I just feel so overwhelmed with everything and I'm not sure why.

I won't give up though..I'll work through it.

The MRI was pretty easy but I can tell you that if I had to go in further than my chest I would have to have a open one...I started to freak out with my arms so close to my sides. I go November 27 or 28...I have it written down to get the results.

This Thursday, (Thanksgiving) is my last 5k for this year. I have loved doing them and will try to do at least 6 next year. I haven't trained much for this one but that is ok...I just want to get out and move.

I'm going to look to join some a new class or two at the Y so I can do something different.

Dee: I LOVED seeing your picture! After I heard you on my voice mail, I pictured you very close to that picture. And can I say that your DH is very handsome!

As for hair color...I am a natural red-head so copper has always been my color. I help it out these days since I'm 47. In the summer I put more blond highlights in it since the sun can fade red so much.

Carri: I haven't had a soda since Friday....to get through that "headache", I took some of the Excedrin migraine pills...it helped. I really feel "mean" when I drink soda...and it flares up my IC.

Cheerilos: How was your early Thanksgiving dinner?

Spunky:

Nicolejoy: Congrats on your arrival to ONEderland.

Mel: I hate to hear about all the trouble with your tummy but like you said, it's a blessing in diguise.

I'll see you all tomorrow.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:48 PM   #227  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

nicolejoy so nice to have U here with us & on your Loss.

Hi LeeAnne U know that I just Luv U to pieces & I can count on U to make me smile. I enjoy your 2 cent-opinions that U share How much were they before our economy tanked.... I'd say @ least .89 cents Sooo keep being Honest w us w your 2 cent opinions Good luck w getting back OP again, I Know U can do it I wish I was with U when U were eating w the Amish, they r my neighbors here & they sure have a sweet tooth & r good bakers.

Hi Susie I'm sorry you're feeling stressed-out right now but U know how to handle it Hmm U forgot seeing my pic I posted of me last summer w my 2 little ones @ the lake, I guess I'm not memorable. TY for the nice words about dh. I'm 1/2 Irish & my aunts/uncles were red-heads & blondes. My real hair is strawberry blonde w auburn highlights, I just need a change now & then, I tried being a brunette & I looked terrible & dh had a fit & the salon put it back to strawberry blonde 4 days later. Is your 5k on Thanksgiving a 'Turkey Trot' for charity for a food bank? Okay Susie spill, what is your fav Hostess treat

FYI girls, On the news last night a reporter said he is hoping that Little Debbie or some other bakery co. will buy the Hostess recipes & start producing them I reallly want my creme-filled banana flips & my coconut chocolate creme-filled snowballs.... I can bake a replica of all the cakes but it's a 'treat to buy' them off the shelf whenever I see them....Eating them made me happy funny how childhood habits can comfort us....

Blessings to You & your Families
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:11 AM   #228  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

Carri- My real Name is Victoria.

Susie- My Dinner went well, We cooked the turkey from its frozen state and it came out very juicy and tender. I of course overate by a lot. It was good We took pics of the turkey and the family it was fun and now its over, back to my main focus of weight loss , (Thank God). I am really anxious to lose weight and I'm feeling discouraged about the standstill on my weight loss this past week, I did not lose one single pound and I was on a RFL thing, I am hoping I have a big whoosh this week (please God)

Dee: Omg you're almost to your goal! are you super excited? I can't imagine how I will feel when I'm all the way down there.

Everyone: Hi! Keep up the good work you're an inspiration to me ! and Happy Thanksgiving, we did a new thing this year, each person had five items (we used seashells, with each one you said one thing you were thankful for then placed it in a cup and passed it around. Very nice, we will do this each year. I got the idea from a magazine, What are your favorite Thanksgiving Traditions?

Update: Saturday our family went to take our Christmas Pics, we had a blast I wish I was thinner lol , oh well We get to see them on Friday yay!! I know they'll be cute our photographer is awesome. On the way there my car's A/C started smoking! like electric wires or something, not the engine, on the way home it was fine now i'm confused..

I'm on my way to get dressed and weigh in then me and the girls will have breakfast and go for a walk.

Talk to you all soon , and I'll be back with my update later today. I hope you all have a good day. Thanks so much for being here. It helps a lot to have you all to talk to about this stuff.

Last edited by cheeriloos; 11-19-2012 at 08:22 AM.
cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:23 AM   #229  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls, had a good weekend , well not so much food wise, off and on I guess...dh is home sick from work today so that has me down, I hate sickness in the house...especially from a man ...haha He is at home eating all the soup we have, I guess it's some kind of flu ...you know I will probably get it on Thanksgiving Day ....I better not !!!!!

Victoria - I love that idea about the seashells...my family wouldn't go for it , but I would love to do it ...glad to hear you guys had a good time. Don't worry about the pics and you being thinner, they will be a nice reminder next year at this time of how far you have come !!!

Dee - I love that pic ...I do remember the pic you used to have up...so I did already know what you looked like ( shame on Susie, lol ) I also heard that someone might buy the recipes and keep making them ...and that would be great ...you cannot get them anywhere around here, shelves are wiped clean...people got crazy !!!

Susie - good job on the soda !!! I am not quite there yet, but want to be.
Hope the mri results come out well ...my dh has had a couple for his back where he had to be all the way in ( and he is a very broad shouldered guy so he was smooshed ) and he freaked way out the first time...the second time they had to give him valium to get him in there...haha ...it looks terrible.

Hi Mel !! HOpe you had a good weekend!!

Lee Anne - oh the amish have such good food and treats ....I'm jealous !!!

Have a good day girls !!!!

Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:14 PM   #230  

Hi. Feeling a little better today--not so overwhelmed. I am such a control freak and when I don't have everything...physical or otherwise, in it's place I get a little crazy!

I got on the scales tonight just to see where I was and they said 289.4. I will take it because at TOPS on Thursday I was at 292. I was surprised to be up on Thursday because I felt like I had lost, so maybe it was water weight. My goal right now is New Year's Eve at 279.

Dee: Forgive me for forgetting about that picture. Now that you mention it, I do remember it! I will admit that I don't have the best memory. I think it is because I have to keep so many work things stored in my head so that my Associate Director and Director are always on track.

I leave a lot of personal reminders for me to remember my own stuff!

I would have to say my favorite Hostess treat would be the Ho-Ho's when they came wrapped in the foil. I'm old school! I swear they tasted better then.

I'm really a Little Debbie girl now. I love the white cakes that they have. The good thing about that is that I can control those. Just one a day and I'm good!

Victoria: What a lovely Thanksgiving tradition. How did the weigh-in go and how was that walk?

Carri: Sorry to hear that DH is not feeling well. Mine was sick on Saturday. His was a stomach thing...and I told him he better not share it with me!

Fingers crossed you don't get it.

Spunky: Still on the wagon? Let's be sure it's not a Amish wagon!

Ok..time to eat dinner. We are having a crockpot meal tonight. It is chicken breast and red potatoes, carrots and celery. It calls for Italian dressing in the receipie and it all tastes so good when it comes out. I put in some tofu for me (since I don't eat the chicken) and I make a side of corn-bread stuffing.

See you all tomorrow.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:11 PM   #231  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Hey ladies hope everyone had a great weekend! I went and got allergy tested today and it sucked!! The back pricks were fine but the injections in the arms hurt a lot. I'm allergic to cats, dust mites, cockroaches (weird huh), mold spores, grass pollen and weed pollen. Going to try some new meds an hope for some relief. Sorry this post is short but I'm about to go to bed and wanted to check in. Hope you all have a great thanksgiving if I don't check in before then!!
Rtsmme4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:41 AM   #232  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies …so I was a little upset this morning, I tried on a pair of jeans that I can only wear at 205 or below and they wouldn’t fit….so yada yada yada…I’m fat ….lol !!! Well it's really not funny but ya gotta have a sense of humor about it at some point …

After Thanksgiving is over I am gonna go more serious and try to lose about 10 between then and Christmas …think I am gonna try Chris Powel’s carb cycling…I keep saying I am gonna do it and I never do …but that is a short enough period to give it a trial run …

Mel – I have very allergic to dust mites myself …that is how I get out of cleaning quite a bit …my allergies drive me nuts pretty much all Winter for some reason. Sorry to hear that it hurt so bad …but glad it’s over and you know what is going on now…

Dee – every time I see that pic now I think you look like Loretta Lynn did back in her younger days…we went and saw her in concert a few years back at this very small place in Nashville, IN ( which has since burned to the ground ), and it was awesome…glad I got to see her before she stopped doing shows.

Susie – I hear ya on the brain overload, I always tell my boss that…you keep pushing more and more in and some has got to leave to make more room…haha…hey it only makes sense…great job on being in the 280’s !!! Dh is still sick, didn’t go to work again today…I steered clear of him last night , got him some soup, he was in bed mostly …I REALLY hope I don’t get it, he seems pretty miserable …glad your dh is feeling better.

Hi Lee Anne and Victoria !!!

Have a great day girls !!!
Old 11-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #233  

Hello Everyone.

I will be going to the Y tonight to meet my walking partner and might not get to post again, so I thought I would do it now.

The plan is to walk for 1.5 hours and see how far we get. We just want to get our bodies ready for Thursday's 5k. We figure if we do 1.5 hr tonight, then rest tomorrow..on Thursday our bodies will think we are going to go 1.5 hrs and so it won't start slowing down when we get to about 40 min...and almost at the end of the 5k.

Mel: I have had allergy testing done before and I remember the injection part well. I'm glad it is over for you now. I use a prescribed nose spray daily and it helps with my allegeries (sp?) year round. Sometimes in the fall I have to take some oral meds too.

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with all your special guys!

Carri: Get those jeans out of the closet and hang them up where you can see them everyday...and try them on weekly. You will be back in them soon!

You mentioned Loretta Lynn--I just love her! She is such a lady! I have never heard her sing live. How lucky were you that you did!

Lee Ann & Victoria: How are you doing?

Dee: I just noticed that your picture changed!

Ladies....we can do this...just take it one day at a time!
Old 11-20-2012, 01:52 PM   #234  
Sandee

Hello Girls I hope you'all r ready for Thanksgiving. We're going to our sons family this year. They r doing it their own way instead of a traditional meal & grilling ribs & a smoked ham. I'm bringing cheese-cakes & broccoli w cheese & bacon. They wanted to come here, but honestly w all the cooking I do as my job, its nice to have somebody else b in charge & just b a guest.

Victoria, That's also my grandma's beautiful name. I know you'll like your Christmas pics because U r beautiful. I hope your WI turned out to b what U wanted I'm happy that U like being here w us on this thread.

Susie, I own 5 crockpots & love them all. 3 of them r the 1 qt size & I use them for yummy fondues, 1 cheese, 1 mashed fruit sauce & 1 gravy & we dip or drizzle onto cubed: bread, angel food cake, steamed veggies & meats. With the holiday on Thurs. my tops WI is moved to Wednesday 9am & I dread getting on the scale w all the extra cooking I'm doing now. Most of my customers ordered 'jelly rolls & fudge cake logs & peanut-butter pies w either a fudge bottom or cream cheese bottom this year; & as my TY gift they get a dozen peanut-butter chocolate buckeyes. I've made soo many casseroles that they'll just defrost & finish baking....A busy time...I hope your knee feels great for your 5K Thursday don't get too exhausted that U can't eat dinner w your dh.

Mel I'm so sorry about your allergy tests & pain.... I have the same probs like U do & also w chemical odors & bird dander. Thats why I have doggies that r non-shedding & get a weekly brushing & bath & I don't have probs w them making me sick. When the pollens r High I wear a hat & dust-allergy mask or scarf around my face outdoors in the garden/our woods/on bike trails. We have lots of lakes near us & we spend most our summer on the water/beach (boating, fishing, kayaking, canoeing) or in our pool/hot tub. So I hope U enjoy the water in the summer w the kids & new dh. I use antihistamines, decongestants, Benadryl & RX nasal spray as needed. Funny when we had the hot/dry temps this summer everyone was complaining about I didn't have any allergy symptoms when I was outdoors & I just took 1 Benadryl daily....Maybe Arizona is a healthy place/climate to live.

Carri, the carb-cycling is a really good idea I deleted my pic after reading your post re:Loretta [I put that navy plaid turtleneck into a bag for the Goodwill store]. I'm not a fan of hers & don't want U to think I resemble her; so from this summer I re-posted my terrible-wind-blown hair pic from the Lake w the kids & then I'm deleting it this week. I'm not brave like U, I need somebody to b in a pic w me so I won't take a pic alone. 'I've wore bangs forever & I have natural wavey hair w body (it's easy to style or just wash & go) or use a flat-iron & go totally straight. Anyways I don't have a 1990's hairstyle. Ok Carri, I know its Not U that is putting the pounds back on, it's the new colder Weather messing w our brains making us 'store fat like hibernating bears do' Soo we'll All probably have to experiment soon w our food to stop storing the extra calories/fat this winter. Maybe your summer muscles or the fat just moved/shifted from its prior location & thats why U had a prob w your jeans this morning

LeeAnne, where r U

Eat & Enjoy 1 serving Only... NO 2nd helpings for Us here & Just pass the dessert to the skinny people @ dinner
Old 11-21-2012, 07:33 AM   #235  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

Well, I went to weigh in on Monday, I went up 3.5 lbs Wow I felt like a loser, in a bad way, So i ate all day monday and yesterday. I'm back today and I'm going to kick those 3.5 pounds butt plus more this week and its a short week so I better get cracking . Our thanksgiving is over, (the kids are gone to their dad's until sunday , so no food distractions for me). Oh and the walk I was sposed to take? didnt go..it was too cold for the kids .. I'm going today though and I'm going to eat perfectly on plan until Sunday then I'll have a free meal and do it again.

Carrie, I have a pair of jeans that I cant fit into until I'm in onederland I try them all the time and they wont go past my thighs. dont worry if we keep on trucking we will get there, it might be slow but we'll get there,

Dee Thank you so much, well my weigh in didnt go how i wanted but i'm gonna fix that this week God willing

Susie- thats a great idea I'm gonna start walking here in a minute I'm gonna go another 3 miles today, and then maybe tonight another 1.5 I've gotta get some miles on my ticker!

Have a beautiful day ladies. I'll check in soon and give the scoop on my weigh in for today. i know I'll prolly have gained more but I need the reality check!
cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:22 AM   #236  
It is what it is...

Why is this site so freakin slow all of the time ??? Grrrrrrr ....

but anyway...Happy Pre-Thanksgiving Day Ladies

I am looking forward to all the good food tomorrow, gotta bake a cake tonight for tomorrow, hope it turns out well.

Dee - I can't believe you took that picture down because I said you reminded me of Loretta Lynn when she was younger...I honestly meant it as a compliment. And you even put the shirt or sweater you had on in a bag to give away....wow....

I don't have much to say today after reading the posts...I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving. Enjoy your time with your family and I will try and pop in over the weekend to see how everyone's day went.

Old 11-21-2012, 02:21 PM   #237  
Sandee

Girls & to Everyone that U celebrate it with!

I honestly wish that the Holidays did Not revolve around celebrating w food.

Today is my customer pick-up day for the Thanksgiving week. I finished baking yesterday all my customers: pastries, pies, cheesecakes & fudges. I'm done making their: side dishes, casseroles, salads, biscuits & bread sticks. I'm tired of seeing & smelling food. After 2 weeks of customer baking & cooking for their holiday meals, my body crashes & I won't eat any sugar/desserts for at least 1 month. My body is having protein-veggie-fruit cravings now. I had a employee/assistant for almost 3 yrs till we caught her stealing when we came home (she sawed some teeth off a key & opened our house-lock). It's awful knowing anyone can b in your home so easy. I'm burning-out from food-catering for so many years.
After the New Years parties r over I'm done catering, I'm going to start working @ my design/sewing business more & open a store on Etsy & build a new website to sell @, plus I have my dog kennel business w dog-training classes My new goal is to enjoy my job nomatter what the income is big or little, Life is a Blessing.

We all know the tune 'This IS the Day That the LORD has Made' well it IS a New Beginning every day for US, we gotta give HIM Thanks for us being here right now & stop complaining like I just did above, about my cooking job. We gotta put-on our big-girl panties & Get Healthy...to show our Loved ones that They r important & We r getting healthier right now Because they r Deserving & we will Not keep-on failing them because They want & Need us to b Healthy

Victoria, do U have a nickname like Tori or Vicky we can call U? Ok U had a slip-up w some weakness, but U r starting a new Routine. I know that daily Logging w a list always help me to Accomplish my Daily Goals to 'hit my Weekly Targets'; it's like I Need it written & Looking @ me as my Must Do-It or I may just ignore it & put it-off & b lazy. I have tops weight loss friends that do logging w 4 days walking & 3 days hand-wts. & give theirselves a gift if they meet their goals & have any loss on WI day. Don't beat yourself up about your jeans fitting differently; our bodies change & distributes muscle-fat-cellulite in odd places...gravity happens

Susie w your 5K on Thanksgiving, win it for us Irish girls we finish our races/goals.

Cari & Mel & LeeAnne Good Luck @ your WI this week after turkey day. Mine was cancelled today because the fog was heavy & all the schools were canceled

With Luv & Blessing To Everyone, DeeDee
Old 11-21-2012, 07:49 PM   #238  

Hi Everyone,

I just got my deviled eggs made and in the fridge. The pumpkin pies are in the oven and the rolls will bake in the morning.

For the Thanksgiving meal tomorrow we will be with friends who we are very close to and vacation with most years. My brother, his life partner and their boys (my adorable nephews) are joing us at our friends. We are all so close that it feels like family.

I will be thinking of each of you when I'm doing that 5k tomorrow. I will hear you in my head saying...faster, faster, you got it, faster.

Dee: I like your advice...1 helping...but I think I will have a sliver of pumpkin pie before passing it....after all...I'm doing the 5K so I can!

I am so thankful for my ONDERland friends..Each and everyone one of you who I have met through this board. You help me to keep trying and not to give up.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:07 PM   #239  
Low Carb

S/C/G: 225/ ticker /135

Hey Ladies ! sorry I've been MIA long story short my 52yo brother # 4 had a massive stroke (in Illinois) . I'm more concerned about my 80yo Dad that will have to save the world by himself. Don't get me wrong (please) this brother hasn't had a kind word to say to me since I was 3yo (you read it right) anyhooooooo it is what is is. PLUS a deer ran into the driver door of my car Sat morning. Atleast I missed it's other 4 family members ....LOL !

Haven't been binging or pigging out really but I'm not behaving like I should either. After all this isn't a good time of year eating wise for anybody. Atleast were ahead of the folks just starting out in January. I'm choosing to work for the time & a half tomorrow need to get the car fixed . Don't really want to go to the inlaws anyway too much chaos

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all I cherish each & everyone of you .

I think my weigh in will passed over till next Friday I'm not gonna stress about it this week

Last edited by 1spunkygal; 11-21-2012 at 08:47 PM.
1spunkygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:46 PM   #240  
Low Carb

S/C/G: 225/ ticker /135

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyChoice2bfit View Post

I got on the scales tonight just to see where I was and they said 289.4. I will take it because at TOPS on Thursday I was at 292. I was surprised to be up on Thursday because I felt like I had lost, so maybe it was water weight. My goal right now is New Year's Eve at 279.

Spunky: Still on the wagon? Let's be sure it's not a Amish wagon!

YAHOOOOO on the 289.4 Missy

I did bring back a few goodies but have not really beeen stuffing my beak
1spunkygal is offline   Reply With Quote