3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL: Friends and Losers - December 2005 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/69474-lawl-friends-losers-december-2005-a.html)

textjewel 12-21-2005 08:22 AM

Morning,chicks!

Tea was fun - I had saved most of my portions, so by the time I got home (around 8:00 PM) I definately didn't want my second lite, so I had a couple of wasa crackers and some lowfat cheese - (Mary- I like the Cabot 50% lite cheese) -- basically food at the tea was 4 little canape's, 4 little deserts(like thumb size) and a really good raisin scone with clotted cream (lovely stuff) and jam.. And a Bellini - which is champagne with peach liquor - and lots and lots of TEA!

Sy - you are such a good sister. Does your DS have problems talking?

Carmen - I think pool is fascinating and frustrating. sort of like bowling. How do people get that ball, (any ball, actually) where it should go?

Fiona - how did the wrapping go?

And where is BEANIE?? Beanie,come out whereever you are?

Star, are you back today? Hobbling along?

Still have a little shopping to do -- we're celebrating on Friday so I'm missing a couple of days that everyone else has.. but only 2-3 gifts yet to get..

Hugs!
Julie

MetalChic 12-21-2005 08:50 AM

Julie, I looked over your list of overcomed diet mistakes. I would count those as NSVs for sure. You go girl! :woo:

shennie_97 12-21-2005 09:19 AM

Moneek, I think birthday cake (small slice) is 1 fat and 2 starches, so I would have probably counted the cake as 1F, 1S, 1 fat.

Sy~ hope DS is feeling better soon. You are a great sister

Julie~ I love Bellini’s, especially at Olive garden :D

No one is in the office today, so I am heading out to WI early and stop by the mall to return some pants I got for DS that are too short. I can’t believe how tall that boy is getting! WI at home this morning was up and I don’t know why, I didn’t have a starch or fruit after noon and all I had for dinner were veggies, so I was sure i would show a loss this morning…oh well. TOM is some time away still so its not that. Maybe I should change my proteins up some, so I will try that tomorrow.

Have a POP day everyone.

Beanie~ miss you, hope all is well

Wrigley 12-21-2005 09:36 AM

Chicks

I am back. Vacation was great. Anyone who is looking to take one needs to take a cruise. I felt like i was on vacation for an entire month it was great. the only part that is not great is that i woke up monday morning and i was sick, and it is getting worse everyday. i even left work early yesterday, but that did not help. hope all is well with everyone.

talk to you all in a bit.

Denise Wilson 12-21-2005 10:11 AM

Good Morning Ladies...
It is such a mess in NYC, there's a transit worker strike and that means no buses or trains running.:( I don't know how many of you guys have been to NY but public transportations is the main mode of transport here. People are walking miles over the bridges to get to work and it really cold. The traffic is out of control i kept my son home from daycare to not have to face it. This is the worst possible time of the yr that this could happen. I love NY (Brooklyn born and raised) but every day i find more reasons to move, especially after having the boys.

Chklithunder 12-21-2005 10:47 AM

:wave: Hi Everybody.

Well this AM the scale was up a lb. Not sure why...I was good for the past 2 days so maybe its all the water I have sloshing around in me. Ah well...today is a new day, and another chance to do the right things for myself. I won't blow it.

Julie - about pool and bowling, I love to bowl, have been doing it regularly since I was about 10 years old, but I have never been any good at it. I am so inconsistent with my throws its not even funny. DH just showed an interest in it over the past 2 years and he's phenomenal. Go figure? With pool, I can take it or leave it, but I tend to do okay on the table. But I will tell you something else - my skill gets better once I have my wine goggles on. :lol:

SY - You ARE a great DSis, and your DSis is so blessed to have you there for her.

Dawn - Oh yes, cruises are amazing. I still daydream that I am back on the cruise that we took in 2001, think about it almost every day! What types of cool things did you get to do when you went ashore?

Monic - IMHO if you don't put your foot down early on at the center, they will continue to pressure you. Just tell them you will let them know when you're ready to make a purchase. They'll back off. Don't let that sway you from going in to get the service you paid for.

Shennie - don't sweat the lb. That must be why they say weighing daily is a mistake. That lb will be gone tomorrow, just wait and see. But then you're the incredible shrinking woman so you already know that, right? ;)

Denise - On the front page of our newspaper there's a picture of all these people walking over the Brooklyn Bridge. It must be a nightmare for you all. The whole city has effectively been shut down. So sad.

Well chicks, here's to another POP :angel: day! :cheers:

deetsmom 12-21-2005 10:56 AM

Denise, My best friend's dad works for the MTA...its a very scary time for them..they lose two days pau for each day they are off:( I lived in Williamsburg for a year or two and was in Manhattan for another 4 after that but am now back to my native CT:) The city is a friggin' mess, its just AWFUL- I cant imagine how difficult it is!!

I went to WI this morning and am down a whopping .2. Im down to about 1lb loss per week but thats ok. I have 7 more purchased weeks and will see where that gets me:)

have a great day everyone! Have fun shopping, Shennie! You've been so quiet lately!

vibrantecho 12-21-2005 11:08 AM

Hey chickies -

Julie - the wrapping went great. We were done in under an hour, I think.

Sad thing, though, I sat down on the floor to start wrapping and R-I-I-I-I-I-P! One of the inside leg seams on my jeans gave out!! I admit they were getting pretty ratty and I only ever wore them around the house or while cleaning barn, but still!! It's not like a knee rip where you can still wear them if you have to, this was almost from knee to crotch, I had no choice but to throw them out. :(

At least this morning I was back to my pre-weekend weight! And the waist on the pants I'm wearing today is way loose - of course if I put a belt on I get a HUGE bubble-looking butt, but I don't think I have to go out in public today so I'd rather have bubble butt than falling-down pants!

Star, hope you're feeling better - miss ya!!!

mrsbeanie 12-21-2005 11:15 AM

I know we have talked about this in threads before but I want an update.

How many pds lost did it take for people to comment on your loss? How long before you really noticed a big change in the way your clothes fit?

Chklithunder 12-21-2005 11:19 AM

Hey Beanie. I'm with you on that one. I've lost 30 lbs now and I have yet to drop a clothing size. They are looser, but they still fit. People have noticed though, they say my face is thinner. I think I'm also down to 1.5 chins instead of the 4 I used to own.

I've heard that once you get down to the smaller sizes that about 10 lbs lost is one clothing size lost, but with the bigger sizes (like me), after you lose about 30 lbs you drop a size. I'm still waiting for that to happen though. :rolleyes:

Repo girl 12-21-2005 11:24 AM

Hi All,
Denise- So sorry to hear that things are all messed up in NYC. In our our little 2 horse town, we don't have public transit or cabs.

Julie- Sooooo jealous about the high tea! I really need to travel more, get out and see some cool stuff.

Wrigley- Same goes for you. A cruise? A month long vacation? I don't know what I would do with myself!

Carmen- I love to bowl, too. I used to league bowl before I had kids. I also used to be pretty good, but we bowled for DH's birthday this year, and I was bad news.

Shennie- My little boy is almost 6, and he is really tall too. I keep wondering how old her will be when he is taller...8? 9? Won't take much. He ran out the front door in his undies this morning and fell off the step in the snow. I tried really hard not to laugh!

Went to DS's to open some gifts last night. DM bought me this really pretty shirt and cardigan set, size L. It fits great, and is so cute and trendy. I have a new goal. Starting next month, when we are not so poor, I am going to start stuffing $100.00 a month into my sock drawer. I should be at my goal by my birthday in June, and I am going to head to Salt Lake City with my DM and DS's for an all out shopping spree. I want to try to have close to $1000.00 saved, and replace my entire wardrobe. I told my sister that I am going to empty all of my drawers into a garbage bag and start over. I need some more motivation right now, so I guess that this is it! Have a great POP day, all!!

deetsmom 12-21-2005 11:27 AM

Carmen - youre absolutely right. When I was heavier, it was about 20 lbs to go down a size..now its a lot less. I had people "noticing" after about 30 and then, as I got smaller, people made a lot more comments with lesser losses. For example...I was down to 163 when I joined LAWL and had goten nice comments then, but now, with 28 pounds gone, I am getting much more dramatic comments from people who I barely know around town and relatives are floored. Somehow these last 28 really made a big "noticeability" difference. I have lost 2 sizes with LAWL since the end of August and am on the verge of another change in size for pants, which boggles my mind. I still am mentally a size 12 but really a 2/4.

deetsmom 12-21-2005 11:28 AM

Katie, that is an AWESOME goal!!! The way youre going though, youre going to have to replace stuff sooner!!

deetsmom 12-21-2005 11:29 AM

I AM COMPLETELY ravenous today, I dont know what gives! Maybe cos I know Sunday I will get some really yummy stuff. Im having my big meal of the day for lunch, I cant wait. Gonna go start my potato:)

Repo girl 12-21-2005 11:30 AM

Beanie!!! So glad that you are back, I missed you! BTW where the heck is Jlyn? I was thinking that I will be going to Jackpot over Presidents Weekend. Wondering if you would like to meet up for lunch on my way through your neck of the woods? I have lost 34 lbs, and it is very noticable. Everyone I see is like "Wow, you look great!!" (Except EMIL, of course) I do have a long way to go still, but noticing the loss is very exciting. Hang in there, pretty soon you will walk by a mirror and be like "who is that?"