3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL: Friends and Losers - December 2005 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/69474-lawl-friends-losers-december-2005-a.html)

mrsbeanie 12-21-2005 11:36 AM

Katie - that would be fun! We could get jlynn and cnt and everyone and have an Idaho get together! I haven't seen jlynn post in a heck of a long time!

shennie_97 12-21-2005 11:46 AM

Beanie~as if you didn’t already know, I love Olive Garden. I didn’t know you can order light dressing there. Does it taste pretty much the same? Is the closest airport to you 3 hours away…wow? I still haven’t really lost a size, I think. I have some pants that are to big, but others still fir just like they always did. I was a 12 or 14 and am now more of a 12, but still have tight 14’s I think a lot of it depends on how the clothes are made to determine what size you wear.

Fiona, your better then me. I had a pair of jeans I loved that ripped like that. I patched them and sewed them for a month or two before i finally gave up on them :lol: I don’t get bubble butt, I get bubble stomach with my pants.

Katie~ your better than me I would have laughed at my DS. Your son does look tall in the pic you posted. The terrible thing about that age is that they can still “fit all of there clothes, they just end up above their ankles in 4 months. I bought 12’s for DS today, he will be in young men’s soon. That is a great goal Katie, I am sure you will have a ball.

Deets~ 2/4 do you even have to use fabric for your clothes :lol: if you turn sideways, I bet we wouldn’t even see you. Way to go

COD said since I had a CC and subway, I am probably up today because of sodium. I am going to WI tomorrow for the Christmas challenge thing. FYI to all that are going for the 10 visits this month to get the $25 dollars. The coupons expire December 31, so you have to know what you want to get with the coupon right away. I am tempted to buy a few just in case weeks why they are still $3 a week, but I will see. I don’t want to buy more weeks and then use that as an excuse to cheat.

Idaho people, I am jealous. You would think that there would be at least one other person on here from Chicago…go figure.

shennie_97 12-21-2005 12:18 PM

ok, maybe i am not soo jealous of you idaho chicks then;)
I can get to Midway airport in 20 minutes in the evening

deetsmom 12-21-2005 12:42 PM

Katie- I hear you with EMIL...mine NEVER acknowledged a THING about my weight...what a ding-bat:( Good thing we have tons of other support, right?!

JenKaits Mom 12-21-2005 12:44 PM

Hello Everyone:xcheer:

Went for my WI this morning and was down 1 pd!:carrot: So far have lost 14 pds,now just need another 46 to go!

Is it just me, or is anyone else kind of nervous about Christmas? I am planning to allow myself to indulge, but I really don't want to blow my progress, so I need suggestions, how do you think I can manage to fit in a bit of extra eating and some drinks without totally blowing it? Thanks in advance for the advice!

Hope everyone has a great day! :)

deetsmom 12-21-2005 01:00 PM

WOO HOO JenKaits:) I am SUPER militant with LAWL but am REALLY looking forward to Christmas. Life is for living and I am going to be very sensible and make good choices,but I am going to eat...no way am I hitting it with 2P,2F,2V,2S,1D and 1F on CHRISTMAS...thats not worth it.

I have had success even when I did a one cheat day last month, so I plan to eat what I want, SENSIBLY, up the water and I will do TO unlimited protein version Monday and Tuesday (I am in a bit of an every two weeks routine anyway and this will be my 2wk marker from the last one) and hope for the best. I hope to have minimal damage, especially since I am now off their guaranteed weight loss (since I hit my original goal) and am on to my own paid weeks. I figure there will be one bad week next week and move on:)

Repo girl 12-21-2005 01:12 PM

Beanie- Sounds great. Have you ever eaten at Tomatoes in Twin? Very naughty stuff!!

sznn 12-21-2005 01:31 PM

Hey Deets - do you find the unlimited T/O effective?
I was thinking of doing a T/O on Monday, Tuesday as well but cannot
live on a mere 6 oz of protein for the day.
-S

mrsbeanie 12-21-2005 01:38 PM

congrats on losing a lb JenKaits thats great!!

deetsmom 12-21-2005 01:43 PM

I LOATHE the 6oz take off plan...I find it nearly impossible for me, unless I was able to sleep all day long (um...NOT!). I do the fast forward plan and as long as I stay away from higher fat and sodium choices, I do well. I mean, being close to goal (actually met the first goal, just changed it), I dont stand a chance to lose THAT much, but I do find it shakes up my system and I don not rebound back up once I start eating again on regular plan. Its a good switch-up for me. I really like the TO juice and find as long as I eat sensibly, its really a good change. I think the other verios on TO is torture:(

Wrigley 12-21-2005 02:06 PM

Well,i was not actually gone a month just 7 days but it was so relaxing that it felt like it was a month.

We swam with the dolphins, climbed Dunn's Rivver Falls (950 ft straight up rocks with rushing water), and layed in the sun. Oh and shopped. I did all my christmas shopping there. It was a blast, and i only gained 2.5 lbs and was not on plan the whole time i was gone.

As for when did someone notice how much weight i have been losing. well, people have noticed the face but that is about it. there was one point when someone told me that my shirts were hanging differently but that is about it. I have bought new pants that are a size smaller and fit great but then but another pair that don't fit so great.

what can you do.

have been sick since i got back...NO FUN

Repo girl 12-21-2005 02:09 PM

Okay Shennie, lets all make a pact: When one of us wins the lottery, that person will book airfare and a mini cruise for all of the chickies on here to meet up for a weekend. LOL

Beanie- I love their chicken gorgonzola pizza. Funny, there used to be a Mexican joint in Idaho Falls called Mi Casa. It is my dream (one of many) to open a small Italian place in Rexburg. I love to cook, escpecially Italian. My husbands step dad has a little cafe in Pocatello. He keeps threatening to close it down and retire. Since he already sold his building to a friend who is planning on bulldozing it when he closes, all of his equipment and furniture will go. I keep thinking that I should be saving my pennies so that I can buy it all from him. Who knows what the future might bring, huh? Course by then I will be all skinny, in maintenance, and able to induldge just a little without getting out of control!

shennie_97 12-21-2005 02:40 PM

Ok I am blaming Julie and Beanie because they got me to craving it. I just got back from lunch and we went to Olive Garden. It was what everyone else wanted too, but they looked at me and asked if I was ok with it, so I caved (very easily) and said sure.

I am in heaven right now. I started off with saying "nothing was taste as good as being skinny will feel" but after i smelled the breadsticks i was done for. I do feel really bad, but I also feel so satisfied. The bad thing/ godd thing more so I guess is that i ordered the never ending pasta bowl and I barely finished my first bowl, I was so full. LAWL has made me so use to small meals, I couldn't pig out.

So i guess I will join the rest of you TO chick on Monday, there is no point in attempting to do it until then. I really want to say forget about the whole week, but I am sur ei will regreat that when the time comes to WI, so I will try to get back on track tommorrow, but I will be holding this water for a couple of days and I have small things going on for the next few days that will probably add more sodium. Ok now I feel bad, I have eaters remorse.

shennie_97 12-21-2005 02:41 PM

Katie, that is definitely a deal, but we all get to go somewhere were it is nice and warm and we can all walk around on the beach looking great.

deetsmom 12-21-2005 02:47 PM

Its ok Shennie...its just a day, er..um...just one week out of a whole life. You'll be fine, at least you had fun:)