3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL: Friends and Losers - December 2005 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/69474-lawl-friends-losers-december-2005-a.html)

gerber 12-19-2005 11:36 AM

I can't believe all the people online here!

Hi Everyone,

I have posted before - so thanks for the encouragement - sorry I have been very busy with work!
Question - what do you do if you do cheat (like eat a piece of toberone? ) are there any tips to beating those chocolate/cookie cravings - OTHER than the bars... this is my biggest biggest problem...
I'm with everyone on the S size... that is my dreeaaam!

Keep up all the good work!

shennie_97 12-19-2005 12:04 PM

Moneek~ I can’t drink milk and they are always trying to push the soymilk on me (which I don’t like either) so it can be your dairy. I couldn’t stop w/ 1 tamle, so I wouldn’t try. My DS godfathers’ mother useto make bunches for the winter and we would have a freezer of them for the whole winter. I miss those soo much, she passed away quite some time ago. I would count it as 1P, 2S (at least 1.5), 1F (maybe 2) since you DM made them, you should know about the sodium and fat and maybe it is lower than I am guessing. Maybe she can make you some that are closer to plan. (if that is possible) ok, I am tasting tamales now, so I have to leave this one alone.

Gerber~ the only way I can beat them is to get away from them, sorry that might not be much help, but in the winter keeping sweets in the car helps a lot. Like last night I was too lazy to go out in the 3 degree weather to get an extra lite. Also if you have those free to live cards, you can plan a treat once a week for yourself so you won’t be completely deprived.

Thanks everyone for the congrats on the size small. I know I can’t fit many other smalls, but it feels really good to be wearing one. Can’t wait to get the final 20 lbs off and go shopping, my pants are starting to hang off of me

It is too cold to drink water in my office. I hope I can figure out something

beanie~ are you off for the holidays already, haven't heard from you today.

kayd 12-19-2005 12:16 PM

:write: :snowball: Hi everyone, This is my first post. I couldn't believe it when I found this thread because I am on LAWL. I didn't know about this forum. I've been on LAWL for 10 wks and to be honest, I haven't been following it to a T. The first 2 weeks I did great, but the last 8, I have been slacking. I was even overeating on the LA bars. I've only lost about 6 pounds, but I think I lost 6 pounds the first 2 weeks, I need to get back on track because I know it works. Anyway my Big goal is to lose 35 pounds, and I'm down 6, so 29 more to go. They say I'll lose it by March, but I'm shooting for May 31.

Well thanks for listening. (or reading I should say)
I'd put one of those little wt. loss scales but I don't know how.

angelica1674 12-19-2005 12:35 PM

Hey everyone! I went to LAWL today and I am down another 3 pounds in 5 days!! They said Im doing very well since its only been 9 weeks and 2 days. I switch to the gold plan at 199. Hope I do ok at that plan. I gotta get past the holiday...ugh! My center is having a contest, if you lose at least 1/2 pd you get $10 store credit( between 12/22- 12-26). Thanks to all of you who have been answering my ?'s!!! Good luck to all, you have been doing really good!!! Happy Holidays

deetsmom 12-19-2005 12:35 PM

Hi all- WOO HOO Shennie!!! I changed my goal at WI today to 124 officially. I was down to 135 solid...I plan on doing TO next Monday too! See you all later! Gotta finish lunch with the kids:)

deetsmom 12-19-2005 12:36 PM

WOW Angelica, youre melting!

deetsmom 12-19-2005 12:37 PM

And, for any other newbies...the scale isnt the only thing doing AMAZING things right now...the inches are FLYING...wait till you see! I meausred at home today and have a 27.5 inch waist...something I NEVER thought Id see (I started my weight loss journey at 203lbs)..IT WORKS!!!!

angelica1674 12-19-2005 12:39 PM

I hope the melting keeps going. You're doing amazing, not too far from your goal. I changed my goal too, to 140 from 160. I'm 5'9" so 160 looks good on me but I thought what the heck I'll go to 140.

LadyIzzy 12-19-2005 12:39 PM

Good Morning Chickies,

Shennie - a small:cp: , you go girlfriend. That is wonderful news.:carrot:

Carmen - thanks for the information on PSP. I have it along with Macromedia(Dreamweaver, Flash, etc.) guess I need start playing with it again.

angelica1674 12-19-2005 12:40 PM

WOW!!! WOW!!!!How long did it take you to lose your weight deetsmom??

shennie_97 12-19-2005 12:44 PM

Kayd~ my favorite cheat is the lite bars, so don’t feel bad. :welcome:
You can put in a weight tracker by going to your personal options the easiest way for me to get to it is by clicking on the private message link in the upper right hand corner of this page and then you will go to edit signature on your left hand side.

Repo girl 12-19-2005 01:01 PM

Deets- I swear, girl, you are my inspiration! I remember (faintly) the days of being that tiny. I know that I can get back there on this plan. Chickies like you and Karen are proof!

Moneek- I live in Idaho. There are a couple of those little taco stands in town, that I'm sure have tamales, but they are too dang good. I have to stay away. Mexican food is one of my biggest weaknesses.

I have decided that I will be going off plan from Friday night to Monday morning. Since we are going to stay at a cabin with no electricity or water, I think that it would be very difficult to keep true to plan. All of the families that are going have divided up the meals, so that we can do a lot of cooking beforehand, so I will be at the mercy of whoever makes what meal. I am doing a big pot of chili with cheese, onions, & sour cream to go on it, and a pan of cornbread with honey butter for Friday night. My mom is actually going to try baking a ham in the woodburning oven for Christmas Eve dinner.
Hope that doesn't turn into a disaster!! I just hope that my tummy can handle going off plan. I will still need to be careful with my choices, or I might get sick, and since we are going to be using an outhouse, that could really suck!!

adkpugmom 12-19-2005 01:07 PM

sheenie ~ Size S M A L L WOOOOHhooooooooooo!!!!! way to go!

angelica ~ you go girl ! doing a great job!

WELCOME " KAYD" glad you joined us..

As far as cravings.. I am having one right now... chocolate... help! help! lol ... punch a pillow , cry and throw a fit.. drink lots of water..try to fall asleep.. anything but dont eat the chocolate !!! lol

vibrantecho 12-19-2005 01:10 PM

Repo - I STILL think you are nuts for spending Xmas in a cabin in the middle of nowhere with no electricity or indoor plumbing!! :faint: Best of luck, though, with choosing the best eats possible under the circumstances.

So, remember how dinner was up in the air last night? I should have guessed that my parents would offer to take us out to dinner. So I had a chicken quesadilla, didn't finish it but was still up a pound on top of the 1/2 pound from Saturday. But I'm back on track today, so hopefully I can shed that 1.5 before the round of Xmas meals starts up again, ha!

In addition to the new printer my mom bought on Saturday, she also fell in love with a flat-screen monitor but didn't buy it that day...said she was going to sleep on it over the weekend and then maybe pick it up Monday (today) while Xmas shopping...guess what I found waiting for me this morning when I got to work? The monitor, of course! She broke down and bought it on Sunday, lol! And it was probably a good thing, too, as that very floor model was the only one left in the entire metro area! So she got a pretty good discount on top of everything. Cha-ching! I got it and the new printer hooked up and it's SO NICE!!! I'm actually looking forward to doing billing next week since I can run all the invoices through the new printer instead of having to write them all out by hand! :no:

Have a good day everyone - I have to see what else she left for me to do, I guess.... :)

Repo girl 12-19-2005 01:17 PM

Fiona- We have had a lot of friends and family agree with you. In fact, my inlaws have had so much to say about it that DH and I made a pact. Even if we come home with frostbite and hypothermia, we are telling everyone that it was the best Christmas we ever had!!! Truthfully, though, I am really looking forward to it. We are taking 4 snowmobiles, and 4 sleds, so we will have a lot of fun riding. Also, no phone, no inlaws, and no annoyances for 3 whole days? It really is Christmas!! Also, the cabin is quite small, with a woodburning furnace and a wood cook stove, so we will not get cold in there. My kids are really looking forward to it, so I hope that it is fun!!