3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL: Friends and Losers - December 2005 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/69474-lawl-friends-losers-december-2005-a.html)

mrsbeanie 12-16-2005 10:19 PM

La's - many of the girls on this website don't use the bars and have lost weight. I personally don't use them, Katie doesn't, I believe that Metal Chic who is in maintenance and has lost 90 lbs didn't use them either.

Bre - I don't even know what WOWY is? So no it wasn't me! LOL

Denise- We have an excercise thread and star and the girls are really good about helping you get motivated. Star had bunyon surgery and might not be on for a couple of days. But chklitthunder excercises regularly. Maybe they can help.

mrsbeanie 12-16-2005 10:20 PM

Katie - wanted to add that your gingerbread kit sounds really cute!

Repo girl 12-16-2005 11:18 PM

Thanks Beanie, I thought so too. DH watched the kids tonight so that I could go to dinner and do some shopping with my little sis. I came home in a much better mood.

Monic- I have IBS, so I cannot do the bars. I have lost 34 lbs since August, so I am proof that you do not have to do them. I used to be a big time chocaholic, and sometimes I really wish that I could do the bars to beat the sweet tooth. Since I am on such limited carbs on this diet, though, most of my cravings have disappeared.

Bre- I'm glad that you asked that about the avatars. I want a cool new one too, and I don't know how to make or find a neat one.

Denise- Something about having babies that does that to us, huh? I have 3 little ones, and it was pregnancy that packed the weight on me.

Mary- Speaking of which, you are so lucky to have the LAWL nutrition knowledge and be pregnant. You going to do awesome!

Have a good night, all! Katie

LadyIzzy 12-17-2005 09:29 AM

Repo - Wait a minute did I miss reading a post and did you say that Mary is pregnant. Are you talking about marbear? Don't want to congratulate the wrong person. How did I miss that one? I'm slipping, I thought I normally read every post. Repo, I've asked the question a few times about the avatars & signatures and never got a response. So, maybe it's too hard for my simple mind to comprehend, I don't know. If it is a class that I need to take, would do it in a heartbeat if what class to take. can't even remember who did them for metalchik, carmen and others but kind of didn't want have to ask whoever makes them to take time out to do one for me but may have to if they have the time.

Mrsbeanie - I didn't think that it was you in WOWY because the ladies on this board are friendlier than most boards and normally response cause I have to the same handle over there. WOWY is on the Beachbody's board where me and Slimdreams came from.

I should get up and do a little housework, possibly put up a decoration or two and pretend that I'm excited about the holidays. Syke, no decorations, my puppy doesn't care and would probably flip out if I put that stuff around the house.

textjewel 12-17-2005 10:10 AM

Bre - sorry about missing your post about the avatars - our own Regina did those for us -- she's away from the boards for awhile - there was a death in her family.

Can't help you with putting in the pictures -- that's a mystery to me, too.

Mary posted about her pregnancy in a different thread -it's called something like 'why I'm going off the program' . . .

About beachbody - I like to read some of the threads, but this is my home. .

Hope everyone had a good POP (as much as possible) - I'm off to lunch with my gal pals today - my big question -to have desert or not? Life should always present me with such challenges!

Hugs to all,
Julie

shennie_97 12-17-2005 10:20 AM

OK, since I was out yesterday, my normally already long post is probably outrageously long today, so bear with me :lol:

Carmen~ DS wanted to see King kong too, but since out day didn’t start until after school, I had to say no….3 hours long wow! He had to settle for Yours, Mine and Ours…glad your birthday was great

:welcome: Monic. Love the screen name. the bars aren’t magic by far, but they do help with sweet cravings. You can substitute luna bars if you like (I seem to be the only one who doesn’t like them :) ) if you don’t care for the bars you can get a plan without them and still loose fine. Repo, metal chic and beanie I think aren’t doing bars.

Katie~ saw a gingerbrad cake kit at the store and I think I am going back to get it, maybe me and DS can do it Christmas weekend. (although he is all of a sudden to old for everything I want to do :lol: )

Andi~ how was the first show. Know you probably won’t have time this weekend to post, but let us know when you get back.

Pugmom~ love the pic in your avatar

Fiona~ I just got off of Depo too in January (they made me because of some govt. study about calcium deficits) and since I don’t drink milk of any other calcium really I had to stop it for at least 2 years. I was miserable the first few times, but they gave me the ova-ring, which isn’t to bad. Probably won’t ever get to go back to it anyway because in about 2 years, I’ll be done with school and ready for baby making :lol:

:welcome: Denise. The boys are so cute. I know some of the girls have added exercise to their daily routine at home and have the kids join in. (like lifting milk jugs or some videos…just too start.)

Bre~ if you see slim dreams over on beach body, tell her we miss her :)

shennie_97 12-17-2005 10:21 AM

Fallen off the wagon

Ok I have fallen so far off of the wagon. DS had his Christmas pageant last night and I had a plan for pizza hutt, but they were full by the time we got there(163 families can drive pretty fast), so we went to Friday’s and of course I had no plan for Fridays. So I ate some of DS buffalo strips, then had to get mey own and got some jack daniels wings and on and on and on. I am soo mad at myself. I am doing TO today, so I am hoping for something, but I was up about 4 lbs this morning.

On another note, DS’s class did O tannebaum (o Christmas tree in German) and they were so cute. They messed up every word, but they are getting soo big. We just sat back and talked about …remember when she would cry every year and remember when he peed his pants , etc. These kids grow up so fast. Would post a pic, but I couldn’t figure out how to work my new camera until the 7th graders went on (should have read the directions at home :lol: ) but Ds is demanding that I replace his 4 year old pic in my avatar, so I will have to do something soon.

Going to WI, but I know I am going to get the evil look. But I want my free bottle of EFA’s :lol: I usually tell the truth when I cheat, but I really do not want to fight with them today so I am going to just say I ate out and leave it at that. I had a couple of special days that won’t happen until next year again, so I am not too worried.

vibrantecho 12-17-2005 10:38 AM

Shennie - I looooooooove Fridays! Their "Jack Daniels" ANYTHING is so fabulous. I never ever get on the scale after going there, ha! But just keep telling yourself to get right back OP and those 4 *imaginary* pounds will melt right back off! I say *imaginary* because we all know you didn't actually gain four new pounds of fat overnight, right? :yes: It's a lot of water retention you know how to deal with that, right? Drink more water! :yes: :yes: :yes:

Alrighty gals, I'm off to help my mom by a new printer for her office, then we're going to FLEET FARM (that name cracks me up) to buy me some new winter outerwear for the barn. Woo hoo! :rofl:

Fiona

P.S. I was down another pound this morning! I'm loving it, but what the heck is going on?!

Bobby18 12-17-2005 12:14 PM

From a quick read of the posts, it sounds like (almost) everyone is enjoying the Christmas season. I know that I have faced some challenges that I could've done without, but also know that I am making better choices than I would have last year. I am also ensuring that I follow plan as close as possible for the beginning parts of the day and try to leave at least PSVF for the evening.

Tonight will be another challenge. We are going to a friend's house for a Christmas gathering. We are all to bring an appetizer dish, but because it only starts at 7:00 I am going to have dinner before going and won't be hungry for the appetizers. Mon. night is my DH's Christmas party - we are going to a murder mystery dinner theatre. I think that it will be a lot of fun, but it will be a served meal. I will do the best I can with the portions, etc. I will save a Lite to eat just before we get there to curb the hunger again.

Thurs. night is then my Christmas party. It has a medieval theme; therefore, everything we eat (as well as how we eat i.e. no forks) is based around that time period. I am really looking forward to the night and again will do the best that I can with portions, choices, etc.

I think the biggest thing for me to realize is that these types of events don't happen all of the time. Generally, if we go out once a month, it is a good month. I need to ensure I have a plan (which I have) and NOT beat myself up if it doesn't work as anticipated. As well, one meal CANNOT end up being 1 day or more off program.

Sorry, this ended up as a bit of a pep talk to myself. It just helps to get it out and become accountable for my plan. Thanks for listening (or reading I guess).

angelica1674 12-17-2005 02:58 PM

Hey Everyone! Thanks Deetsmom for directing me over here. I am so excited about talking to everyone and hearing feedback. Thanks for the suggestions Deetsmom. I eat eggs, egg beaters,chicken, turkey. I eat Lean pockets for lunch alot. They come in handy because I bring them to work and just throw em in the microwave. I guess I should introduce myself :D I am a married,27 yr old mother of 3 kids( 12, 10, 10 mths) I work in the home healthcare field. I gained my weight with my last pregnancy ( I had a difficult one). So I am just working on taking the weight back off. i am not really sure how these post things work so I guess Ill learn as I go . I did have a question though, Has anyone found a decent Fat free ranch dressing?? I love ranch but those fat free kinds are not to great. The person al LAWL told me to eat FF but I sometimes eat the lite ranch.

LA'smostDETERMINED 12-17-2005 06:39 PM

Hello...geez....it's cold down here in Texas...well at least where I'm at...awwww....I so cheated today I ate 2 extra starches and had about 6 condiments ugh....I feel so damn guilty...booo hoooo...I do! I was doing so good! Support Support ya'll? Ugh....the damn Holidays!!!! Does anyone do the easy steps video???

LadyIzzy 12-17-2005 07:15 PM

:welcome3: NEWBIES :welcome2:

Julie - thanks for the info on who makes the avatars. You always come through. I will hit Regina up when she comes back. I didn't know that there was another thread called 'why I'm off the program'. I guess I need to get out a little more and check it out. I have this thread bookmark to the last page that I read a day so that when I sign onto the internet it comes directly here. I haven't been to the home page since I signed on.

Shennie - I passed the word to Slimdreams on Beachbody. I went to see King Kong with my bestfriend after we had our Friday's lunch. We laughed and filled in the spaces and wished that we could have analyzed the movie in our psyc or human relations class. One prof let us vote on the movie to analyze and The Wizard of Oz won. But now I think King Kong could have been very interesting. I went to Friday's on Thursday and enjoyed my Jack Daniels salmon, french onion soup, mashed potatoes, green bean mix and am not worried. I'll kick it into high gear after the holidays. Girl, you are so close to goal that I know you are not going to mess it up. Wish we could trade places with you. naw, I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. Yesterday and today, I did the protein drink and salad thing along with my special 'tea'. Everything comes out in the wash.

Fiona - Friday's is one my favorite restaurant's. The other one is J Alexanders cause they don't mess around with small serving sizes. You always take a doggie bag home. Their salmon is not deck of card size either and I feel good that I'm getting what I paid for. Their smashed potatoes could feed a small third world country. Love them

Marbear - again, a big CONGRATULATIONS

deetsmom 12-17-2005 08:34 PM

Uy....more baking today and I totally "dipped" into what I was making a few too many times...I had probably 2 cookies (I know thats not TERRIBLE, I am just usually EXTREMELY tight on program).

To make up for this, I didnt have my S, 2F or 1Fat...does that sound like an ok thing to do? Was I supposed to still eat all of my requirements even if I cheated? I couldnt bring myself to do it:( If anyone logs in, help me!!!!