3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL: Friends and Losers - December 2005 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/69474-lawl-friends-losers-december-2005-a.html)

sarah135 12-20-2005 02:17 PM

What is the juice recipe you guys are talking about? I think the Take Off juice was a little pricey. I did find some on ebay less expenisve.

Has anyone tried the salad dressings at LAWL? I love ranch dressing but cannot use the light or FF, it's gross so I was just wondering?

Julie - I work shift work, I mostly work days but as a nurse I work where needed.

textjewel 12-20-2005 02:51 PM

sigh - I was at 181.6 at WI today - which is sort of okay -because of my Saturday splurge, and the fact I've had no 'visitor' yet - tried to do some shopping, but the Christmas Spirit was NOT with me. . .

Our center is doing the pre and post Holiday WI's too -- and I've got 7 visits so far this month, so I should get my second 25$ coupon next week.

Carmen - do you play pool?

Mary - just think of that poor woman's kids - they're probably animal phobic!

Sarah - for the juice - many of us Knudsens Simply Nutritious Morning Blend juice - it's pretty close to the LAWL version - at least the old version. I haven't tried it since they've reformulated it.

Julie

Chklithunder 12-20-2005 03:02 PM

Hi Ya Julie. Way to go on being a "frequent visitor" at the center. I've been bad and I'm afraid to go in, plus when I DO go, they will want to see my journal which I only started keeping again yesterday :(. But I know I have to face the music sometime soon...

About the pool, yes I know how to play but I am not what I would consider extremely good. I'd say my strongest weapon is that I do surprise people because I'm a decent shot and for some reason when I play new people they usually tend to think they'll beat me. I even have a trick shot or 2 up my sleeve!

vibrantecho 12-20-2005 03:18 PM

Hey Chickies!

DH and I finished 99% of our Xmas shopping today; the only person we have left is my mom, who refused to give anybody any ideas this year - boo! Thought about getting her some new beach towels for her upcoming trip to Hawaii, but apparently Target doesn't carry beach towels in December! :tantrum: Aside from that, though, we have been power shoppers this year, we bought gifts for about 20 people in just over four hours (two trips to the mall). Now tonight is power wrapping!

Almost back down to pre-weekend weight this morning, which was good. Ate an OP breakfast and lunch and will try to go light at dinnertime and hopefully be back on track by tomorrow. :) Xmas Day dinner won't be a big problem because my mom is making ham and I'm not crazy about it, but my downfall will be the before-and-after meal munchies. I loooooove Xmas cookies! :cookie: :T

Oops, dog wants to go out. Later, chickies!

textjewel 12-20-2005 03:29 PM

Karen's list by the numbers

Okay - I'm about to head out to Tea at the Ritz, and I'm already a little down with holiday madness, and wondering about my hormones -- and I looked over Karen's list -- and I think I'm suffering from #10, and I need #15.

ALTHOUGH - if I look at the positive - I already have accomplished #'s - 6, 7, 16, 18,30, 33, 41, 42 and 49. Can I count these as NSVs?

Have a good night, chickies -- I'll check in later.

Julie

Repo girl 12-20-2005 03:47 PM

Heck ya you can count them Julie! This diet thing is one step at a time, right?

Mary- Holy cow, I cannot believe that lady at the store. What what she thinking saying that?

Carmen- I have been really bad about my journal lately, too. Don't know why, just don't feel like keeping it. Maybe it is because I do not want to write down my cheats!!

deetsmom 12-20-2005 04:01 PM

Julie- it beats not having ANY! Tons of people fit into that category:) Youre rockin':)

Chklithunder 12-20-2005 04:51 PM

You chicks have a great evening. I will see you tomorrow!

LA'smostDETERMINED 12-20-2005 05:37 PM

Hahahahaha...that was funny Mary lol...yeah that lady is crazy...Anyways...Soy Milk...I love the Chocolate soy milk only...and yes I've had the 8th Continent it's the best there is...I can only find that one at
wal-mart or walgreens don't know if you all are familiar with the stores...I haven't gone to go WI but I called and told them that I was out of town and won't be back till the 26th lol...well...it's all a lie....I'm not going till I have some cash on me....they keep forcing those bars and they have not said that there is no as an option....hm.....IDK...I have been sticking strictly to it today and I'm bearly starting on my second week...so....wish me luck...so I've only had 1 cheat day really....awwww I still feeel so dan guilty....oh well....that why I have YOU GUYs.......lol.....see ya later.....Chickies....hehe...<---that's cute....

vibrantecho 12-20-2005 05:43 PM

OMG, I am so freaking bored right now. I'm at my mom's house waiting for her furnace guy to finish whatever he's doing back there so I can leave. Good thing there's no food here because for me boredom = munchies in a big way. Maybe I'll go see if she's got anything good to read...because you know as soon as I settle in with something, that guy's going to be all done and then I'll have to put it back anyway, lol. Pffft. :rolleyes:

shennie_97 12-20-2005 05:59 PM

Moneek~ I think you should just go in and tell them you have decided to do the plan without the lites(is that what you are doing?)

If you are using lunas or somethign else, tell them that you are using lunas, or if you don't feel comfortable with having to hear their lunas are not the same speech tell them you bought some off of e-bay for much cheaper.

You paid for the service not for them to force bars on you...go get your monies worth

Repo girl 12-20-2005 06:41 PM

Moneek- I'm with Shennie. You do not have to do the bars, and they should have told you that. I do not do them at all, neither does my dad or sis, who are also on LAWL. Our center is not into high pressure sales, though, so we must be lucky. Stop feeling guilty for a cheat! The best thing about this diet is we start over fresh every morning. Try not to avoid your center, though. They are there to help you, even when you are struggling. I find that when I do not WI, I do not do as well. Good Luck, Katie

LA'smostDETERMINED 12-20-2005 10:34 PM

I talked to them today...they are going to be closed anyways so I still...have to go in on the 26th anyway...I really do want to do the bars though just feel bad when they are like...." ok well...you ready to buy the bars Monic" and I'm like "yeah...just not now..." anyways....well....I've been ok...did very good today....oh wait no I didn't I had a small slice of banana nut cake my mom made...just a small slice... i didn't have 1V and Dairy so...I guess thats ok...right girls lol...? Yeah....well I did ok...it was just a small peice...! awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

SyracuseNY 12-21-2005 06:47 AM

Mary: I can't believe the lady at the 99 cent store said such a thing to your 2 year old son about a dog and biting him. She must have been part :devil: . Glad you held back and didn't slap her, she sounds like a sick women.

Julie: Thanks for asking! DS's infection seems to be doing better. I visited yesterday and they allowed me to feed her a tiny jar of babyfood applesauce, there were afraid she would choke, but I explained that she always makes faces when drinking - plus she kept telling me her throat hurt her. When I got there, I kept swabing her mouth. I couldn't understand anything she was saying, but they the time I left she was doing much better with her speech. I'm headed there this morning so I can feed her breakfast (that's if they removed the food ban from her chart).

Julie: Hey, don't let the scale get you down. You're doing awesome, just continue doing what your doing and try to get in the extra water. So hard for me this time of year.

Hey Metal, thanks for the info on diets! Working in retail must be **** this time of year, especially this week! I can't remember, did you set a wedding date yet?

Gotta run, hugs to everyone.