3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL: Friends and Losers - December 2005 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/69474-lawl-friends-losers-december-2005-a.html)

Repo girl 12-21-2005 02:49 PM

Sounds perfect! Don't have eaters remorse, I would have done the same thing, but I doubt that I could have stopped with one bowl!! I don't know, we had pizza at a Christmas party last night, and I had decided to eat what I wanted before we went. Well, I filled up on the veggie tray because it was really good and I wanted too (who is this person inside of me?) Then had 2 pieces of pizza, and was really full. I did come back later for more pizza, but still I feel really good about how I did.

vibrantecho 12-21-2005 02:50 PM

Shennie!!! How about you get back on track right now??? Olive Garden is GREAT and I'm sure you made it worth every bite, but just think, if you start with the water today, and take it easy at dinnertime, you might not be as overwhelmed when you step on the scale in the morning. Then you can have two whole days back on track to hopefully shed any gains, before fully enjoying all the wonderful meals that come with Xmas weekend.

You go girl! :cheer:

Chklithunder 12-21-2005 03:05 PM

I agree.

Chickies - count me in on TO and on the vacation in the sun. I am hoping to be one of the lovelies on the beach as well. Guess we shall see.

Repo girl 12-21-2005 03:10 PM

Carmen- You bet you will!

Fiona- That is really good advice to Shennie!

mom2fivesweeties 12-21-2005 03:41 PM

Mass Transit Nightmare

Hi Denise,

My niece lives in Brooklyn and she emailed me today and said she walked 7.6 miles in 2.5 hours. She said that wasn't bad considering it took her 8-10 hours in the blackout - sigh - you guys don't have it easy up there do you? We live in southwestern Illinois and everybody drives their own cars everywhere - she did find somebody to carpool with until this mess straightens out - her one daughter is on Christmas break already and she can walk the younger one to school.

Hang in!

dawn78 12-21-2005 03:44 PM

In some of the messages posted today, some of you talk about doing take off. I'm somewhat new to the program so maybe this just hasn’t been explained to me yet, but the center has never mentioned anything about repeating TO. I did the initial TO and I actually gained weight doing it. I saw in the booklet where it spells out a different TO from the first one. The one in the booklet limits the proteins along with a list of other things, but the initial TO lets you have unlimited proteins. Are you allowed to repeat the TO plan anytime you want and are you allowed to pick which TO you want to do? The TO in the book sounds like it would be horrible, but I wouldn’t want to gain weight from doing the initial TO like I did previously. What’s the difference in fast forward and TO? Also, what’s the story behind hot lemon water? How do you mix it, how often do you drink it & does in work?

I’m not trying to waste anyone’s time, so I apologize if any of you have already explained this in a previous thread. If you have, could you just possibly direct me there because I have yet to find them?

Chklithunder 12-21-2005 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deetsmom
I still am mentally a size 12 but really a 2/4.

I was just rereading our posts from today. Deets! You are a size 2/4??? OMG. I could not fathom being that tiny, ever. You GO, Girlfriend!!!! Now, a question for you: Is this the size you are used to being normally?

Dawn - about TO... the CODs are saying that we can safely do TO once every 2 weeks. I don't do it unless absolutely necessary (meaning I've been really bad or stuck for awhile). When I asked the COD their thoughts on the unlimited TO after being on plan for awhile, the mgr said that I'd gain if I did unlimited. So, the last time I did it along with my partner Beanie, we decided to see what would happen if we used the limited TO plan, but allowed ourselves unlimited fresh green veggies, with no condiments or anything. We kept to the 6 oz of protein and the 2 bars per day though. And we both had great results.

deetsmom 12-21-2005 03:57 PM

Sometimes the center recommends repeating TO to jump start weight loss again if it slows. Its something some of us do to get strict with ourselves again. I was told you can do the original fast forward with unlimited proteins, green veggies and the juice OR you can do the one that splits 6oz protein and 2c veggies for the WHOLE DAY (plus 2 lites). Did anyone ever offer you an insight as to why you might have gained rather than lost? Looks like youre losing anyway, so good for you:)

shennie_97 12-21-2005 03:58 PM

Thanks Fiona, I needed a swift kick in the behind;)

I have actually drank about 32 oz of water since lunch. I fell so salty and my mouth is dry.

dawm~ take off and fast forward are basically the same thing, LAWL just changed the name of it when the reformulated the juice. after you have started the program, they reccomend you only doing the limited Take off (what book do you have that lists the take off choices?) you can do take off every 2 weeks. LAWL juice is pretty expensive, you can substitute knudsens morning blend for the juice for about $3-$4 rather than the $20-$30 at the center.

Lemon water is a natural diuretic, it helps you get the exta water you hold in your body due to high sodium levels out. you shoudl just squeeze the juice from one lemon into a warm cup of water and drink it down. It does work.

deetsmom 12-21-2005 04:01 PM

NO! And this isnt the dress size, this is my jeans size. Tops are a Small in most stores. I havent worn a dress in a long time, so I wouldnt know what that would be.

My normal size in between each pregnancy was probably a 16...I dunno...I mainly wore elastic waist pants:( When my last son was born, I wore some 20 denim capris after and felt pretty hot:) I started LAWL at 8's and was there for about 9 months. 6's were about 5 weeks, 4's were about 6 weeks and now they are getting loose so again, someone who likes Gap jeans on eBay lucks out BIG TIME!

deetsmom 12-21-2005 04:02 PM

they also say lemon water helps keep you regular..dunno bout that...but I do drink the lemon water for the flushing thing, praying it makes a difference, LOL!

LA'smostDETERMINED 12-21-2005 04:04 PM

Dawn- I did TO about a week ago and it worked great on me...I lost 5 lbs...and I followed the other one...not the one in the book...I did the hot fresh lemon water...i just heated some water in the wave...and added lemon and drank that in the Morning and before bedtime...so I don't know...I also had all the protiens I wanted and all the veggies....gee...I don't know what to tell you...-----------> ladies???

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra...8/165/227/.png

deetsmom 12-21-2005 04:06 PM

OMG Shennie and Mary- the more you drink, the more that is craved. Literally, I have had over 64oz water plus a diet soda and I am just friggin' non-stop on it- LOL!

LA'smostDETERMINED 12-21-2005 04:10 PM

wooo hoooo

Quote:

Originally Posted by LA'smostDETERMINED
Dawn- I did TO about a week ago and it worked great on me...I lost 5 lbs...and I followed the other one...not the one in the book...I did the hot fresh lemon water...i just heated some water in the wave...and added lemon and drank that in the Morning and before bedtime...so I don't know...I also had all the protiens I wanted and all the veggies....gee...I don't know what to tell you...-----------> ladies???

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra...8/165/227/.png

by the way guys...I LOST 6 LBS today...went to WI after work!!!:carrot: