3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL: Friends and Losers - December 2005 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/69474-lawl-friends-losers-december-2005-a.html)

deetsmom 12-21-2005 04:22 PM

OMG! I never lost like that..that is AMAZING!

Repo girl 12-21-2005 05:02 PM

WTG Moneek!! What did you tell them about the bars?

I am soooo mad at DH. My sis gave him some Rafaello candy for Christmas last night. They are my favorite, and he gave me 2, and I ate them. Well this morning I hauled all of the gifts in from the car, and the box that had the candy in it last night was empty except for a package of handwarmers. After DH gets up he is like "Where is my candy?" and I tell him that he must have eaten it all the night before. He accuses me of eating it, and how rude of me since he shared anyway, and that it is not on my diet. I swore that I did not eat one of his friggin candies, but all morning he has hassled me about it. I finally go out to the car to check and see if maybe they fell out in the car, but no, nothing. Finally I get dang mad (since I am fighting to be OP, and I am POP today) and tell him he is a liar. He starts laughing and says yeah, he ate them all last night, but it was funny to see me squirm. Well, ladies, you can bet that I went Beth on his @ss!! What the heck is funny about that? Men, sometimes they are soooooo stupid!!

Mom_of_3_Monsters 12-21-2005 05:15 PM

Oh Katie ... I think I would have :rollpin: upside the head !!

Moneek - CONGRATS on the HUGE weight loss !!!

Chklithunder 12-21-2005 05:17 PM

OMG Katie. As I read that my mouth dropped wide open. I'd go Beth as well, or at least WWE Raw. Their sense of humor often leaves MUCH to be desired. Yeah, he'd be on the Naughty List for sure. At least for awhile anyway...

BUT you know, this may be one of those things that will be funny if you look back next week, OR NOT! :dizzy:

Well Chickies, its time for me to shut it on down and break camp. You all have a wonderful night.

Carm

Repo girl 12-21-2005 05:21 PM

WWE Raw? That is good. Yes, he totally deserves it. And just a few days before Christmas, what could he be thinking?

sznn 12-21-2005 05:22 PM

Hey Chicks,

Just returned from shopping :dizzy: actually it was not too horrific.
Found some metered street parking right in the heart of downtown.
Paid for an hr and power shopped.
Think I'm all done now :carrot:
It sucks to battle the crowds, but on the upside - most everything is already on sale.
I underestimated the time my outing would take though and just ate lunch now @ 2pm. Not a good idea - I was ravenous!!!

Count me in for the T/O party mon - tues.....and I'm definately in for the tropical holiday, I'll go buy a lotto ticket tomorrow.
I can handle the unlimited plan.
Makes me feel better about giving it a try - thanks for the info Deets.

Guess I should finish my work and start wrapping.

-S

adkpugmom 12-21-2005 06:57 PM

Hi girls ~
I went to WI today and was 153 up from 150 last time.. and that was not bad considering how bad I have been doing.. and today was def. NOT a POP day for me to say the least! I just hope I can get back on plan and stay on after the holidays.

LA'smostDETERMINED 12-21-2005 08:30 PM

Thanky Thanky Ladies...Actually didn't mention about the bars...I did say I was going to purchase some...but when I had the money....dang it's so expensive....anyways....how much has really gone out of you'r all's pocket???

textjewel 12-22-2005 08:37 AM

Morning chicks!

you guys were chatty yesterday!

Wrigley -where did you go on your cruise? sorry you're sick -sometimes airplane travel does that to me - since I'm usually packed in next to someone with a cold.

Denise - I feel for all you NYers --I can't imagine trying to get around the city without mass transit.

Carmen - I love the bit about the wine goggles - I'll have to try that next time. At least I'll be able to laugh at myself better.

Beanie - good to see that you checked in - how long will your DSis be with you? About pounds and comments - it took about 25 pounds before anyone said anything. People are beginning to notice more and more -but most of the people I'm around lately see me all the time, so they don't notice as much. However, I do think that winter clothes hide it more, too.

Fiona - I've had that happen with jeans, too -- it's usually a wake up call. .

Katie -I've been socking away $$ for a fashion free for all for a while - I'm planning to use mine next summer, too.

JenKaits- I'm worried about the holiday eating, too -- I think it's just a matter of getting right back POP the next day - pick the favorites that you really want - that you only get once a year - and for me not to eat myself into oblivion.

Deets - I'm with you on the 6oz torture on the limited TO. Hmm.. maybe I'll try the original version next week with the rest of you..

Katie-I think your dream of a little restaurant is fantastic - I've never wanted to do that, but have thought about catering. . I think your DH needs a wakeup call!

Shennie - do not blame me for your 'mother ship' trip -- about the dressing - I have become a master fork dipper in dressing -- it really helps control the amount - and I've gotten to the point where I don't like coated salad.

Monic -WTG on the super big loss yesterday!

I agree about the water thing - I wake up thirsty, now. (may be related to central heating! - but I think it's because I'm having a hard time with the water in the colder weather.

I think we should each buy a lotto ticket each week -- the first big winner, rents the private plane to pick us all up -- Beanie -you may have to go back to SLC --

I am planning to go to WI today-- TOM did start - 5 days late - so not expecting any big change on the scale. . .

Bre -how are you doing?

Sy -what's up with you?

Hugs to all of us that continue to post even when it's tough to be POP - just posting here reminds me of the plan, and to get back on it. Thanks to you all.

Julie

Star 12-22-2005 09:33 AM

I'm back....

:wave: Hey Chicks - How's it going:?: I see we have alot of new chick friends - oh-rah:hat: :welcome3:

I scanned the posts since 12/15 (my last half workday). You have been busy chatty girls.... Thanks to all the well wishes for me and my BIG FOOT:dancer:
The joint replacement/bunion surgery wasn't as bad as I had thought. Went back to the doctor yesterday and he said I am doing GREAT and can put some weight on the foot now. So today I came back to work:mad: I must say, I did get very tired of sitting in the recliner chair with my foot up, doing nothing but watching tv:dunno: I wouldn't make a very good LAWL nutritionist........:rofl: Anywhoo - I have to return to doctor next Wed and then I will ask him about exercise.......Geez, I sure will have my work cut out there......Plan on going in the a.m. before work and at home at night.....

Well I'm all done with my Christmas shopping, wrapping, etc. My DH's family is coming over Christmas eve and we go to my moms on Christmas day. This year will be so much fun with all the grandbabies:bb: :bb: :bb: :bb:

Okay - I have to run (yeah right) and get some work off my desk.....
Hope to get to know all you new chicks......
Hugs to all - Glad to be back :grouphug:

LadyIzzy 12-22-2005 09:37 AM

Good Morning Chickies,

WELCOME to the Newbies. CONGRATS to the losers. HANG IN to the gainers.
YIPEE to the maintainers.

Julie - I'm fine just dealing with out of town stuff with the family. My brother in W.Va., who didn't want me to know, was he was being transferred between hospitals for a blood transfusions because the local hospital didn't have what he needed. He sounds much better and should be transferred home by the weekend. The keep forgetting that I will track Ben Lauden(sp) if they want me to. The same day my son in Denver was involved in a car accident but he didn't tell me until the following day. He would not wait for the ambulance to take him to the hospital, so I had to convince him to go even if he had to call a cab. He is very sore in his chest area. Men, they know that I am the one who can handle anything and take care it, but they always try to protect me because they think that I will worry and get upset. So, I'm upset for a minute but you go on.

I will come back later. I need to take the puppy outside later
THANK GOODNESS - I hit the submit reply and thought that I had lost this post. Usually, I cuss and try to remember what I said and retype. This time though, I hit the back button and the post was still there and copied it resigned into the thread and pasted it. WHEW hope this works this time. Oh, oh, better copy it again.

wtxchick 12-22-2005 09:45 AM

Today is the kids first day out of school for the holidays and youngest DD wakes up vomiting.:( We had planned to do a girls shopping trip to get a few last odds and ends and have lunch, but I guess I'm by myself.

Shennie - I wasn't even thinking about the Olive Garden until I read these threads! My last trip there I had the grilled steak medallions on a bed of fettuccine with alfredo topped with gorgonzola cheese. It was divine!:dizzy: As for the "light" dressing, I didn't even know they had such a thing. I just let them bring the salad with whatever dressing is already on it. We love that! Now I want a trip to Olive Garden!:(

Fiona - my only pair of jeans bit the dust the other day and I had to take a trip to Old Navy. I bought a cute pair of jeans that had a few "discreet" rips in them. My kids are in heaven - no more mom jeans!:lol:

Julie - this is from a post of yours awhile ago, but your tea at the Ritz sounded wonderful! I love clotted cream, too!:)

Deetsmom - you are the LAWL wonder! A size 2/4 is great! How tall are you?

Mary - the cashier was way out of line! I can't even imagine.

Carmen - I've not been keeping my journal either. I'm going to have to find it!

I know I need to go by the COD and get myself back on track. Being busy is no excuse, but its the only one I've got.

Actually, I have been thinking about revisiting 2 days of Take Off on Monday. From what I'm reading, I am assuming I can do the original one?? The one in the book with 6 oz. protien and limited veggies is scary to me!:)

Must brave the malls while it is early!

Andi

shennie_97 12-22-2005 09:49 AM

good morning everyone,

thanks for the swift kick fiona, wasn't even up a full pound so I feel better and I am aiming for 100oz of water for the day....32 down so far.

Star~ glad you feel better...missed you :hug:

Great loss Moneek

Going to WI this afternoon and stop by the mall reall quick (if i can find parking) I have a $10 coupon to use. :D

Just found out from DBF last night that he still doesn't have my gift:devil: Last year, I didn't get in until the 26th because he tried to go shopping at 7PM on the 24th and was surprise dthat most of the stores were closed :dizzy:. So I guess him shopping today is an improvement. His DM is out of town until the 2nd so he has her nothing and tried to convince me yesterday to just add his name to my present for her...men

LadyIzzy 12-22-2005 09:50 AM

Welcome back Star, so glad that the footsie is doing great. That joint replacement is a miracle. I walked around in agony for about 10 years until I told a podiatrist what I thought would help because the toe pointed downward too much and was rubbing the bone. He said, Oh yeah, we could try a joint replacement to raise it up a little and that could possibly help. Sometimes, I wonder whose hands I'm putting my health in. Every payday for years, I ran around from drugstore to drugstore buying toe guards, etc. before I paid bills or bought grocery.

You will be kicking your heels up in no time. I did exercise (WATP) when I still had the shoe on. At that time, I thought that I really couldn't miss a workout. Now, I miss and miss some more

IT HAPPENED AGAIN - Maybe, I'm not supposed to post today. I have to sign in again each time. Anyhu, let's hope this works

LadyIzzy 12-22-2005 09:51 AM

STOP - No more talk of Olive Garden. I have been refusing to go with my bestfriend. But, I may have to call her this morning and say, 'Let's do it'. She will be so shocked.