3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL: Friends and Losers - December 2005 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/69474-lawl-friends-losers-december-2005-a.html)

boyerm 12-17-2005 08:56 PM

deetsmom, I think skipping the starch and fat was fine, since cookies are basically starch and fat anyway. I probably wouldn't skip the fruit for that.

Also, to answer the question you asked in Mary's announcement thread: no, all that food doesn't make me gain. My weight fluctuates a little, but since I started maintenance I've been consistently between 122 and 125, and since my goal weight was/is 125, I don't worry about the little ups and downs. When you do stabilization, you will add the food back in gradually to see what your body can handle, and my body seems to be quite happy in the 122-124 range.
Hang in there--those last 5 pounds are the worst but you'll be through it soon. I hated the green plan (as I've probably said too many times already)--I was so hungry that I insisted they put more food back in.

deetsmom 12-17-2005 09:35 PM

Thanks for the advice/info:) I cant wait to be in your shoes and in stabilization:) I keep flip floping between being satisfied with 130 as a goal and wanting to challenge myself to go to 124 which is the lowest LAWL will let me go to at 5'4" or so they say. I just think it would be MONTHS till I get there, LOL!

sarah135 12-17-2005 11:56 PM

Confused about juice?

I just started LAWL on 12/7. And the Center gave me TAKE OFF juice , now someone told me they phased that out in April this year and are using FAST FORWARD juice?? Can someone explain and help with the differences? Sarah

deetsmom 12-18-2005 12:15 AM

I dont think theres any difference...looks like it worked though...13 pounds in 11 days is amazing!

SyracuseNY 12-18-2005 08:09 AM

Hi Everyone. I haven't been doing well the past couple days - well, since our office Christmas celebration. Yikes! My goal for "today" is to stick 100% POP and that includes drinking at least 10 glasses of water. Water has been a big problem for me lately.

Finally got the Christmas tree up yesterday and it turned out really pretty.

Got this week off to finish up my Christmas shopping, wrapping, and other holiday stuff. This time is the hardest (no working) to stick 100% on plan, but I'm going to do my best. I have to, for me.

My New Year's goal is to get to my LA Goal by my birthday (April). I have lots of incentive since it's a decade birthday and a very scary one at that! It may be early, but what are your New Year resolutions?

Star, thinking about you and hoping that you up on your feet in no time. And, I love your new shoe! ;)

Mary, hoping you can get over your fear of blueberries after being sick. I did that once on tuna and I rarely eat the stuff anymore.

Carmen: Glad you enjoyed your birthday!

We don't have free to live at our center, it's a corporate center too? I asked about it and they looked at my like I had 3 eyes?

Fiona: Nice to see you back posting. Sure did miss your adventures. How are you feeling?

Well, gotta run. My DS (sister) that's in a nursing home was sent to the hospital due to a bad UTI. I"m going to visit early so I can see if they are feeding her. One of the last times she went to the hospital, they left her food in her room and walked away - no one fed her or gave her anything to drink. She has MS and hasn't been able to use her hands in 5-6 years. We've told them many times, and for some reason - either they don't care, or are not use to tending to the ill / handicap (if that makes sense).

:hug: , Sy

angelica1674 12-18-2005 08:49 AM

Iam not sure about the TAKE OFF juice, I started in Oct and they gave me the FAST FORWARD drink. Its orange and it smells awful. I have to drink it in a closed lid cup so I dont smell the gross smell. I also drank it after thanksgiving and I will after xmas too. I lose about 5-7 pds when I do. Oh a little correction on my last post. I am 29( one month from 30 ) I wrote 27, I guess I was dreamin again LOL.

textjewel 12-18-2005 11:41 AM

Hey chicks!

I finally fell off the wagon yesterday - went for the real stuff - ice cream AND cake. . and then collapsed in a sucrose coma last night. . Luckily the rest of the cake is In The Trash- and I've started off today with blueberries and oatmeal. Now, at least, the thought of sugar turns my stomach - so I'm probably set for the next few months!

And TOM is not here yet -- I guess I'm finally reaching that certain age when things start to not be so regular?? yuck.

About the fast forward drink - I belive LAWL reformulated the drink this past year - it has more fiber and other stuff -- and renamed it fast forward. I haven't bought any since I started, so I don't know if it tastes different. There have been others that have used either 1/8 of a canteloupe or an orange to replace the juice.

Welcome Angelica and Sarah!

Sy - I'm having the same problem with water lately. I'll shoot for 10 glasses today, too. Let's compare notes tomorrow, okay, and see how we did? I can't believe that hospitals don't give the right kind of care for each person - I heard a similar horror story yesterday from one of my friends.

Fiona - let us know about how the clothes shopping went!

Deets 124 used to be my dream weight. Then I learned how long it would take to get there, and what I'd have to do to maintain it. It turned into a nightmare for me -- About your cookie lapse - to me, it's all a balancing act -- I'm with Boyerm - I'd have stopped with the starch and the fat - unless they were really big cookies!

Suzanne - you are so right - I am generally making better choices than I was two years ago (except for yesterday:devil: ) And the social whirl will end in two weeks --

Angelica - I also like the Ken's Roasted Tomato dressing --

Monic - I've done the Easy Steps video a couple of times - it's pretty short, and it didn't make me sweat -I'd consider it pretty much a beginning workout? do you do any now at all?

Anyway - I'm off to do some shopping - have a great day, chicks!

Julie

mnpeach00 12-18-2005 12:34 PM

hello

I'm new and look forward to chatting with all of you!

My bio is posted on the bio thread.

LA'smostDETERMINED 12-18-2005 01:08 PM

Hey..Thanks Julie...actually...i try to do the easy steps all the time....I didn't do it Yesterday since I had already cheated....so yeah..Started good this morning though....I had a whole grapefruit for breakfast while....my mother was baking some tamles.....ugh........anyone care for tamales??? lol......

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...03b/weight.png

wtxchick 12-18-2005 02:36 PM

I wanted to stick my head in before I fly out the door.

Today is our last two performances. Last night's was sold out, Friday night's was almost sold out. Tonight's 7pm is sold out and they are predicting that the 3pm performance also will be. Friday night there was a minor glitch with the sound when the angels (that's me!:) ) came out, but it all worked out. It seems to be the talk of our small city here!!:D The only bad thing about being in it is not being able to see it!:dizzy:

I can't believe that in one week Christmas will be here!

Hope everyone is enjoying this time!!

Andi

vibrantecho 12-18-2005 05:18 PM

Hey Everybody!

Yesterday was Fall Off The Wagon Day for me, too. Mom and I went shopping as planned, it took about three hours longer than I expected so we had lunch, too - went to Perkins and I had the three-egg omelet complete with hash browns AND toast. DELISH! Then DH and I went out to dinner before the Xmas party 'cause one of my mom's clients gave all the staff gift certificates to a local restaurant. I had a cheeseburger, but I only ate half and no fries - but I had two sodas. :shrug: I stayed far away from the food table at the party though, and was only up half a pound this morning, which was a LOT better than I expected. Today we had pizza for lunch at DSIL's for her stepson's b-day, but I only had a couple pieces and a tiny slice of cake. Don't know what the plan is for dinner yet, but I'll try to be as good as possible. :angel:

Shopping yesterday was fun! I got an awesome Columbia jacket (size 1X BOOOOO! :mad: ) and a hat and some long underwear for those REALLY cold days! I'm pretty sure the in-laws are getting me new winter boots for Xmas so I didn't get boots. The coat is so nice that I almost don't want to wear it to the barn, even though that's what I bought it for!

TOM was definitely upon me this morning, which makes me surprised that I lost as much weight as I did this past week or so. No more holiday eating this week until the weekend, so I'm just trying to keep that December "goal" in mind all the time.

MARY! I had totally missed your big announcement - congratulations!!!

Sy and Star and Julie and everybody - have a great rest of your weekend!

sarah135 12-18-2005 09:50 PM

Off The Wagon

Today was the first day, I totally cheated. At work, resident's families bring in loads of treats for us during this time. I ate a peanut butter ball and and small treat - something homemade.

I just want to say I am sorry that your sister is not properly taken care of at your local hospital, Sy. As a nurse who takes care of elderly and handicapp residents, it is shameful.

I go weigh in tomorrow - I let everyone know.

Have a great evening!!

Sarah

adkpugmom 12-18-2005 10:32 PM

Hi Girls ~
I am back from my weekend vacation..and oh my! My intentions were good and I actually started to turn things around before I left and got back on plan BUT... all went to heck this weekend and no need to get into gorry details of my binge..I seriously do have a problem with food and it seems when I give in a little..I take a mile or two..or three! Anyways.. I need "911" Help for this week.. I have a juicer ..Does anyone know if I can make the Juice at home ? I really need to do take off to flush out and rid my body of sugar etc. and would like to make it myself.
My goal this week is to 1) Juice + water 2) stay on plan 3) Christmas Day does not count 4) New Years get a weight buddy & go full force with exercise! Dont give up on me guys...I just need more help right now.. *thanks! * Happy Count Down til Christmas!

JenKaits Mom 12-19-2005 01:20 AM

Hi Everyone,

Haven't been around for a couple of days and I missed you guys! Trying to finish all my Christmas shopping and get presents wrapped. My life has been a bit hectic for me lately so I haven't been getting all my servings or water in :nono: , going for WI tommorow wish me luck!:goodscale

deetsmom 12-19-2005 06:54 AM

Is there ANYONE who plans to be OP on CHristmas? I just dont see how its possible and I am Mrs. Militants LAWL. I just cant see it happening. I can see making the best choices possible, but 2P,2F,2V,1F,2S,1D for that whole day???? Ummm...I dont think so:( Looks like Fast Forward for the day after X,mas- LOL!!!!!!!

Have a great day everyone, I am off for my regular morning routine, get the oldest out to school, hit the post office, LAWL and the grocery store. Ill pop in later:)