3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL: Friends and Losers - December 2005 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/69474-lawl-friends-losers-december-2005-a.html)

deetsmom 12-23-2005 04:40 PM

Aw Mary, thats terrible:( I feel badly for you!!! I hope your cut is ok- I dont have any ideas but wanted to acknowledge you:) When did your house burn down, that is my true nightmare- I can not imagine that happening:( Otherwise, are you feeling ok?

sznn 12-23-2005 05:24 PM

Merry Christmas to all!!

SyracuseNY 12-24-2005 06:57 AM

Merry Christmas!
Boy do I have a story for you about my DS, the one that's in the hospital. I told you all she was admitted into the hospital yesterday and believe me, it must have been the Christmas Angels that were watching over her (and your prayers) and sent her there. I truely believe it because you won't believe what happened to her. First you know she can barely talk as it is, but we have always been able to understand her - this week her speach has been horrible. So, now she's back in the hospital (new group of people and on a different floor). My DS is still complaining her throat hurts. They were suctioning her throat (because it sounds like she had mucus in there) and decided to do a deeper suctioning (not just her mouth) and they hit something hard and stopped. They found her bottom teeth (partial plate) lodged in her throat. They remove them, and false teeth must have been in her throat since Sunday of this week. They took a cat-scan to be sure nothing more was in there as they thought she also had something in her chest. Her fever was down but has aspiration phnemonia as a piece of food must has passed into her lung. She can talk back to what is normal for her, and as of yesterday - she was doing so much better. Those teeth will not be entering her mouth again. She has been complaining all week that her throat hurt, and followed by her teeth hurt - that is all we could understand and would never have thought that she knew or must have known that her teeth were in her throat. The hospital never saw such a thing, and the NH administrator never heard of anything like that happening. Just a freak situation.

Repro and others, thanks for understanding. Repro, I don't have it was bad as you as my sister is very sweet and doesn't complain about a thing. The biggest thing my other DS and I do it visit her once a week and bring her fastfood as it's her favorite. Now that she has to have blenderized food, it will be harder to to bring her 'real' food, but I think we can once in a while or will figure out a way to get is mushed.

Marbear: Sorry about the cut and the broken snow globe. Can the glass can be replaced?

Andi: Nice about the Santa pictures! I also hope that we all have 'lighter' New Years!

Star, the icon-attack and most expressive writing just found color? :rofl:

Fiona: It's so nice to have you back! Missed you!

I'm up early as I have to stop by and get some bread at the bakery and want to be back home to get minor details done before heading to DM's house for Christmas Eve celebration.

Everyone have a wonderful Christmas!

:hug: to all, Sy

textjewel 12-24-2005 10:17 AM

Happy Christmas eve, chicks!

Had a lovely celebration with my family yesterday, and a lovely carb fest too-- yes I took the skin of the chicken, but thoroughly enjoyed the biscuit and onion rings. .

Sy - I can't believe that it took them a week to figure out what was wrong with your Dsis -- my grandmother was on blenderized food for the last several months of her life. My aunt would bring tuna salad and egg salad because it was more appetizing --

Deets -- I love tandoori chicken, but how do you pass up on the naan? WTG on beating 135!

Shennie - hope you can chat next week!

Mary -eek - can you find a replacement globe at a crafts store?

Andi - start thinking now of a replacement photo for your kids -- even if it's a professional portrait every year - that kind of stuff is priceless.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day with family and friends!

Julie

LadyIzzy 12-24-2005 06:41 PM

!!@#$%^&*()_+

slimdreams 12-24-2005 11:23 PM

Well, I haven't been here in a minute. I've been busy with my at home gift basket business, so I haven't had access to the cpu much. I see some familiar "faces" as well as some new ones. They fired my favorite counselor at my center so I haven't been in in like a month. I told them to put my plan on hold. In the meantime I'm doing what I did in the beginning, and should've been doing, instead of joining the cod. I'm doing on my own! My eating hasn't been perfect lately, but I haven't gained any weight. After New Year's I'm doing take off again. Ds's bday was yesterday, and he turned 9. I didn't over do it like I thought I would with the food. We'll see how I do tomorrow! Well, let me go, I just wanted to drop in and say hello, and Merry Christmas, and Im still hanging in here! It's almost over, so I'll be able to get back on plan, and post more, until Valentine's ofcourse! Which the business will pick up again, around the 13th of January. Alright, ladies have a safe, and blessed holiday!

LA'smostDETERMINED 12-25-2005 12:49 AM

Merry Christmas!
Sorry I haven't been here chickies....I had family over....and guess what? I killed to come on... Anyways.....I've been a lil cheater lol...just a lil one lol....anyways so doing TO on Monday.....hope you all have a great one...by the way....I got the Luna Bars instead...they are so better....See ya Gals!!!! kiss kiss hugz hugs....:hug:

LadyIzzy 12-25-2005 09:12 AM

Good Morning off to the kitchen we go.

wtxchick 12-25-2005 05:24 PM

We were up at 6:30am this morning to do Santa Claus. The original idea was to wait and open the other presents after church, but we couldn't!:D We had a great time since the kids are older and are interested in watching each other open now rather than ripping through everything in a Tasmanian Devil frenzy!!

Youngest DD is still sick. I think the first thing was a virus. This seems more upper respiratory and may need a doctor. If she's still running fever tomorrow, it's a trip to the pediatrician. I hate her to be sick over her Christmas vacation!

If I don't have to make a trip to the doctor tomorrow, I am going to the COD and facing the music!!

Julie - great idea about the replacement pic! Although, shock of shocks, oldest DD decided to get into the picture this year! I think having all the pictures framed made the difference - she didn't want to be left out! They got a kick out of being in the Santa line. All the other kids were in strollers or at least in diapers!:lol:

Mary - I remember when my children loved things like play vacume cleaners and lawn mowers. Now they get to use the real thing! While I miss the little baby days, the "slave" days are also a treat! I sometimes call my oldest DD "Cindy" for Cinderella since she feels so put-upon whenever she has to do anything close to housework!

Sy - Your poor DS!! Having that trapped in her throat for so long and being unable to communicate properly what was wrong. Bless her heart!

Now, it is time to concentrate on the thing that brought me to LAWL in the first place - weight loss. I need to change my ticker and re-read my weight loss materials and get my rear in gear!!

:tree: :santa: :hohoho:Merry Christmas!!!:clause: :ginger: :wreath:

Andi

SyracuseNY 12-25-2005 06:30 PM

Hi everyone. Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. We sure did. Had a nice celebration at my Mom's last night, my favorite time of year. Love everyone getting together. Santa was very good to all of us. DH loved everything he got and I loved everything he gave me.

Visited DS and she is doing wonderful. I sometimes get emotional when visiting her - she saw tears in my eyes and asked ME if I was okay. God bless her!

I've been doing terrible as far as POP but I'm kicking it into gear for the New Year and I'm actually going to start tomorrow. I have some TO juice and will be doing that on Tuesday and Wednesday when I'm back to work.

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas. Hugs, and talk to you all tomorrow.

deetsmom 12-25-2005 10:18 PM

Glad to hear everyone had a great day. I WAS A TOTAL SLOB...Take off begins in the morning, enough said:)

LA'smostDETERMINED 12-26-2005 01:52 AM

I go WI tommarow guys!!! Ewwwww....I have been a mega cheater...lol....!!!