3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL: Friends and Losers - December 2005 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/69474-lawl-friends-losers-december-2005-a.html)

SyracuseNY 12-26-2005 07:38 AM

Marbear: I can't agree with you more when I start eatting off program foods I feel terrible.

I have 2 sisters who bake up a storm for the holidays. My sister younger did a great thing this year as far as the holiday goodies (candies, fudge, cookies), instead of her making a plate of goodies for each of us to bring home, she placed a package of those holiday decorated lunch bags next to her plate. This way, you could bring home as little or as much as you wanted. I have to admit, I did take a few treats - but only 1 of each of my favorites. We (DH and me) are happy not to have a plate of goodies in the house.

textjewel 12-26-2005 08:51 AM

Happy Post Christmas, chicks!

Hope all had a great weekend with family and friends. . .

I am not going to do TO this week - my Dsis does a huge buffet on New Years day, and if I need to I'll do it next week. I was happy that I was back down to 179 at home today.

I'm thinking of getting my hair cut this week - that should be good for a couple of ounces, too.

About eating off plan and feeling bad - I wish I did. It would give me added incentive to stay on plan!

Mary - when I was a kid - my favorite toy was some sort of bubble thing that had colored balls in it that you could push - I think I just liked the noise!

Bre - what did you make for Christmas in the kitchen - I want to live thru you. .

Sy - glad that your DS is doing better!

Moneek - we are all in the same boat!

Hey Kisha - WB!

Hi Shennie, Deets, Mary, Star, and sorry if I missed anyone!

I'm sure most chicks are off work today, so it may be quiet on the board today -- I have to go to work; we have a family portrait - a woman and her five daughters! Should be fun.

Julie

LadyIzzy 12-26-2005 09:24 AM

Happy Day After Christmas

Good Morning Chickies,

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I sure did. I cooked a big pot of mixed greens, 2 sweet potato pies, and dressing to take to another home for dinner. Of course, I had to cook the turkey parts to get the flavor for the dressing. Next time, if I'm doing dressing, I should just do the whole turkey too. I got my food fix on and don't feel guilty. Now imagine that. When I got on the scale this morning and had lost 1.5 lbs. Even forgot to drink the special tea and can't understand how I loss. I'm sure the food will catch up later though. Naw, I'm drinking the tea as I type.

Julie, I'm with you on TO. I'll start it next Monday cause I have festive celebrations starting this Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Catch you chickies later.

deetsmom 12-26-2005 09:48 AM

I agree Mary! I had to use my inhaler last night (I also got a cold over the holiday weekend thats taken my voice away temporarily) and today my ankles feel SO bloated. I wore my tightest jeans yesterday as an incentive, but had cheated since Friday so the damage was already done. I actually did a positive thing cos there is NOTHING that is tempting me for awhile now..I covered it all, LOL! I cant wait to get back to healthy eating. I didnt have a single fruit in three days- ACK!!!!!

mnpeach00 12-26-2005 10:19 AM

I weighed in at the COD this morning.... uggggg... up 3 pounds I'm trying to look on the bright side, it could have been WAYYYYYYY worse. But it also could have been better. My mother stresses me out big time and that was my cue to eat and eat and eat.

I would do take off but it's only been one week. Oh well, lots of lemon water for me!

Oh, when I went to the COD today I got my plan changed from Purple with lites to Red without lites.

Repo girl 12-26-2005 10:32 AM

Hey everybody, I'm back from the cabin adventure. We really had a great time. The snow was about 3 feet deep, and the whole world was white. We had to snowmobile 10 miles from the road to the cabin, with huge sleds with all of our supplies packed in them. The cabin was a tiny kitchen with a wood cookstove and a huge old farmhouse table. The only other room had 3 bunkbeds, an old 70's style vinyl couch, and a fireplace. There was also a screened in back porch that we were able to store our food in. We played games, drank coffee and wine, sang Christmas songs, cooked, ate, cut and made decorations for a Christmas tree, and made gingerbread houses. We would lay in our beds or on a sleeping bag in front of the fire and take turns reading Christmas stories. Then on Christmas eve, my dad snuck into the outhouse and radioed us on the CB. He pretended to be Santa trying to find our cabin. The outhouse is a cement building, so he was echoing when he talked. My kids totally bought it, and grabbed the radios and gave him their best little kids directions. It was really cute. Anyway, of course Santa came, so we did the whole present thing yesterday morning, then made a big breakfast, and loaded up, rode out to the parking lot, and came home. Also, we had been hearing coyotes barking and howling a lot, and yesterday my little boy went outside and started calling them, and they called back. This went on for a good half hour, and it is all he can think about. It was by far one of the best Christmases I can remember.

Now, about food, not good. I am with you Deets, I am so glad to get back to plan today. I think that I am going to do TO with oranges with you guys. My blood sugar has been so high all weekend, practically the only protein I have had is the Christmas eve ham that we baked in the wood cookstove, and ham? Well it tasted great, and I need to drink about 3 gallon of water to get all of the sodium out of my system!

Glad everyone had such a great Christmas!!!

shennie_97 12-26-2005 10:46 AM

Merry Day after Chrisatmas everyone...don't you wish that you could say "Merry" for more holidays;)

Did pretty good all weekend until my aunts ham and macaroni last night. I pigged out big time. plus was up late and had more than one slice of cake until about 3 this morning.

Had a wonderful Christmas and I am glad everyoen else did.
Katie~ the birthday cake went over great, we decorated it in sunday school class, but I had them eat it after service and told them to all go directly to their cars, well of course they started eating as soon as they were out of my site and I spent an extra 30 minutes cleaning the carpets that were covered with cake crumbs. But well worth the joy of hearing them sing:D

heading out to the stores to get a memory card and case for my new PDA. (DBF did come through with a wonderufl gift at the last minute) and DS got me a ring that he saved up his allowance for on his own (I was very proud)

hope you all have a POP or pefectly on take-off day.

vibrantecho 12-26-2005 10:59 AM

Hey Chicks! :wave: Sounds like everyone had fabulous Christmas celebrations, how wonderful! Ours was pretty great too. :D And I even got a little post-Christmas miracle - no gain on the scale this morning!!! :dancer: No loss, either, but I had myself psyched up to face a pound or even two, so exactly maintaining is A-OK by me. :yes:

I still have two foodie challenges this week - dinner at DH's aunt's house on Thursday (his cousin and her new DH are visiting from Australia!) - I have no idea what might be on the menu that day! - and brunch at the in-laws' on NYE, which will probably include DH's favorite, "Bisquik quiche." :barf: Thankfully I don't care for it overly much and I will only have to choke down one small piece. DH will probably gain three pounds that day, lol!

Anyway, I'm here at work, too, so I should probably go...work...or something. ;) Ciao!

brittyboo07 12-26-2005 11:12 AM

Hope everyone had a very merry christmas!!!

I am feeling much better but still not 100% right now i think im mostly tired vs being sick. Had to come in to the office for a few hours but getting ready to head out. Oh yeah i wanted to let all those who are biggest loser fans know that Bob (trainer) lost his mother this weekend from what they said at church she had a heart attack on christmas eve. Bob was in Austrailia but should be in town by now. My aunt knew his sisters very well so she and my grandmother will be going to the service on Tuesday. I know that several people here are fans of the show and Bob and he could use some of our prayers right now. Well im gonna go shopping so i will catch up with everyone tomorrow.

Britt

wtxchick 12-26-2005 02:50 PM

Happy Day After Christmas to everyone!!

Youngest DD fever still a little high this morning. Her pediatrician and my doctor are both shut down today, both leaving messages to go to the emergency room which is the last place I wanted to be today. I finally got a hold of a member of our church who is a doctor, filled him in on the situation and he was happy to call her in an antibiotic.

I got to WalMart to pick up the prescription and they didn't have it. I looked in the back and, lo and behold, the pharmacist on duty happens to be a church member. I asked the girl behind the counter if she would please ask the pharmacist to check if the doctor had called it in. He looked up and saw me, checked the messages and told me he would have it ready in 15 minutes. He also mentioned that DH had spoken yesterday in the church service that our youngest was sick. All I can say is thank the Lord for church members!:)

Back on track today. I couldn't bear to do Take Off. I'm just going to stick to my program 100% and trust the weight loss process. I've got to let go of the impatience and just work on developing new healthy habits to replace the old ones.

Shennie - I notice a new pic for your DS! What a handsome young man!

Britt - I hate to hear that about BL trainer Bob! Losing someone you love is always hard, especially around the holidays.

mnpeach00 - I'm on the Red plan without Lites and I find it very manageable (when I have the right attitude!:p ) Good luck!

Deetsmom - I know what you mean! I haven't had a fruit in so long!! I am eating my fruits and veggies today!:carrot: Isn't it funny, we know that we feel better eating right...I can't understand the temptation.

Katie - Your holiday sounds great! I'm glad ya'll had a good time!

Sy - my problem isn't family members baking but church members!! DH came home with 2 pecan pies, a pound cake, white chocolate Texas trash, a 5 pound box of Whitman candies, a homemade tin of peanut brittle, and divinity after the church service!! My Dad is coming today and will leave with most of it to take to his family!

Julie - it's all perspective isn't it? I would love to have weighed 179 pounds this morning!!:dizzy:

Got to go take care of my little patient! I'm also ready to take down all of the Christmas stuff!

Andi

Repo girl 12-26-2005 03:23 PM

I am doing TO today, and I feel so much better. I was in a cloud of high blood sugar all weekend long, and it feels so good to be back where I should be.

textjewel 12-26-2005 05:17 PM

Shennie, quite the little man you've got there!

Mary - do you have access to a doctor that can give you some ideas about what to do about the inhaler?

Katie - glad you're back safe and sound. And that you had a great time!

Andi - hope your little DD starts to feel better soon. Sounds like you've got quite a support network around you!

Peach - stress eating caused by being around other people is the hardest thing to beat --

Hey Britt - glad you're feeling a little better - too sad about Bob's DM.

Bre - we have a date for next week, okay?

I actually had a good WI today - I was at 180.0 and got the 10$ credit. . One more visit this week, and I'll have my second 25$ --

Are there meal replacement drinks? Has anyone tried them?

Julie

vibrantecho 12-26-2005 05:38 PM

Julie - I know the "LA Slim Downs" are considered their meal replacement...counts as 1S/1P, I think??? Never tried them, though.

I got a letter in the mail the other day from my COD telling me how much they "missed me" ha ha! I suppose I should stick my head in there one of these days; I even had them move my file to the one closest to my house (still a 20+ minute drive which is really far for me - I know I'm spoiled, lol!) and never actually checked out the counselors there, yet. ;)

LadyIzzy 12-26-2005 06:39 PM

Julie - you're on and that's a date