3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL: Friends and Losers - December 2005 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/69474-lawl-friends-losers-december-2005-a.html)

mnpeach00 12-19-2005 01:42 PM

Repo- I gave the chocolate to my co-worker who is going to pass it on to someone else. I can't eat just one, I swear it's like a drug, the more you have the more you have to have. I found out that there are those chewy minty nougat thingings in there too, thankfully I didn't open it right away or else I'd be doomed on day 1 of TO.

Repo girl 12-19-2005 01:57 PM

I know what you mean about eating one. It just does not happen! Way to go with the will power!!

sarah135 12-19-2005 01:59 PM

I agree with you about chocolate being a drug. I have to just stay away from it.

I went this am to WI and lost another 1.2 lbs. It is slowing coming off. But at least it is coming off. :)

It is exciting being in a SMALL. I cannot wait - this summer is my goal.

Anyone know anything about the different plans? I am on Blue, but what are the differences and do you change when you lose more weigth?

Sarah

deetsmom 12-19-2005 02:04 PM

Angelica- I weighed 246 when my last son was being induced....that was 26 months ago. I have three kids fairly close together and it was normal each time for me to be mid 200's with them. Post pregnancy my "normal" was about 189.

This last time, at my post partum visit I was 203. I joined WW and lost 40 but it took a LONG TIME...I joined LAWL at the end of October. I have 8wks purchased remaining, so I am just seeing how far I can go, although my best friend is a little worried about me that no amount will ever be enough.

I just want to be my best and stop this weight game for good and work on being a good maintainer, rather than a professional dieter!

deetsmom 12-19-2005 02:04 PM

And I agree with all of you girls- CHOCOLATE is the devil.

brittyboo07 12-19-2005 02:08 PM

hey hey! Wow yall were chatty while i was away over the weekend. I had a wonder weekend didnt get as much done as i wanted but did deliver some christmas presents, went to cousins graduation and graduation dinner friday night, went to my boyfriends saturday came home sunday, lunch and afternoon with family (uncle in for cousins graduation so of course we have to go out to eat) we went to Red Lobster and I had broiled scallops and chicken with veggies and a salad but i did have 2 of their cheddar biscuits opps! I was not POP over the weekend but was fairly OP missed some stuff here and there.

I see that some of us are having a problem with the holiday and the amount of food that is put in front of us. I know i am! Not so much eating to much but not having enough veggies offered and way to many starches offered when eating at someone elses house. I will be taking a salad to my grandmothers on christmas eve so that i can have veggies cause i knowwwww she will have to many starches.

Well i gotta run have to finish up a few things before i take my uncle to the airport.

Britt

shennie_97 12-19-2005 03:03 PM

Katie~ Honey butter and cornbread are a great combination **licking lips** you all sound like you will have a fun, family-filled Christmas…just the way it should be.

Sarah~ blue is typically for shift workers, I was put on it by mistake when I started (at 182 pounds) so if you are on blue for shift work, it will probably stay the same.
Gold starts around the late 180’s (it is 1 less starch and .5 less protein) Green is about 130ish (1 less fruit and veggie…I think) And to go lower than green you have to be 2ft tall :lol:

Deets~ won’t it be great when we can maintain instead of loose. I can’t wait. You will get there before me so you can come back and tell us what the promise land looks like.

Britt~ those redlobster biscuits are worse than chocolate. At least you can hide the chocolate, the smell of the biscuits is sooo tempting.

Went to weigh in and my COD has the $10 coupon for being down after christmas thing, but we have to WI on monday...maybe if I wear heavy clothes for Friday's WI, I can get the coupon by wearing light clothes on Monday. :D

wtxchick 12-19-2005 04:07 PM

DS called from school and needed me to come sign something. If I hadn't, it would have been a 0 and it was half of his grade, so I changed my plans and took him to lunch!:)

I am so tired! I don't know how people who do theater every day handle it. They must be in great shape! I have been so sleepy today - just have felt lethargic. I find myself wanting to eat just to stay awake.

Katie - your holiday plans sound like a lot of fun! I know my kids would really enjoy that!

Deetsmom - I know what you mean about being a professional dieter. I am astounded at your results. You should be so proud of yourself!

Shennie - Remember Matt on Biggest Loser? His strategy worked for him. I like the heavy clothes/light clothes idea!:dizzy:

Mary - how are you going to alter LAWL for pregnancy?

DH forwarded me an e-mail that had a quote in it that has made me laugh: "Since food has replaced sex in my life, I can't even get into my own pants." Crude, I know, but it has made me laugh all afternoon!:lol3:

Does anyone know anything about program changes for 2006? I think an LAWL counselor alluded to something like that on another thread and I was wondering if it is true.

Andi

JenKaits Mom 12-19-2005 04:21 PM

Hello Chickies,

Well, went for my WI this morning and was up .2 :( . I guess things could have been worse, but have decided to try and have a POP week and excersize every day this week because I am not going to have a POP Christmas Day. I am gonna enjoy it, not overindulge, but enjoy!!:carrot:

Shennie - Good for you girl! Way to go, hopefully I'll be in a small some day!

Deetsmom - You are an inspiration!!! Keep up the amazing progress!

Angelica - Way to go!!!

Hi to everyone and I hope you all have a POP day!:)

Repo girl 12-19-2005 04:22 PM

Andi- That is funny.

Mary and Deets- I was 260 when I had my first C-section. By the time I left the hospital 3 days later, I was 225. I know what you mean about water under the skin, Mary. I had preeclampsia with that pregnancy, and I felt like I could pop, too.

If you click on my avatar, you can see a picture of my kids that I took at the mall yesterday. Someone was wondering how you do that. You go to User CP, and click on edit profile picture. Maybe after the new year I will get brave and put my own picture on there.

Have a great POP day, all!

shennie_97 12-19-2005 04:43 PM

Katie, they are beautiful. your youngest looks like a little angel.

Repo girl 12-19-2005 04:47 PM

Shennie, It is funny that you said that. Yesterday we went to my sisters church to hear her sing. One of the ladies said to my little one, "You are such a little angel" and my baby says, "I is not angel. I is Marianna." It was so cute.

LA'smostDETERMINED 12-19-2005 05:04 PM

CHocolate is the damn DEVIL....I agreee.....so is Mexican food...my mother caters so I am so surrounded by it...and besides I live at the tip of Texas....so....awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwDEVIL DEVIL:!!!!!