3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL: Friends and Losers - December 2005 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/69474-lawl-friends-losers-december-2005-a.html)

boyerm 12-15-2005 08:44 PM

Mary, bananas can sometimes help with diarrhea. And stay away from apple juice--that will make it worse! Hope it quits soon!

textjewel 12-15-2005 08:54 PM

Pugsmom - I had one tonight -- I have one or two a week - because they do fill that tired-of-the-same thing problem - I get my starch fix in. . .Even if they have veg in them, I always have more.

They do suggest to up the water when you use them since they are higher in sodium.

Julie

deetsmom 12-15-2005 11:28 PM

Anyone hear of this new diet book called the Fast Track Detox diet? I just saw a news report on it..

adkpugmom 12-16-2005 08:54 AM

Thanks for the info on the frozen meals everyone.. the really odd thing is that my weight is actually down on the scale but my size is up..like really bloated feeling..odd.

deetsmom~ no I have not heard of that yet..let us know more about it..and also what is that new pill they are ranting about..called zoobie or somehting like that..??

My other question is that I have a juicer machine..and would I could the same friut and veg. as normal and then juice them and drink it or is it different if anyone knows..thanks

SyracuseNY 12-16-2005 09:13 AM

Hi Ladies:

RePro: I’m with you on having to have a full protein at lunch time instead of a frozen dinner. They just don’t do the trick for me. I think I’ve had 2 LCs since starting plan in April 2004.

Others: No my results are not typitical ! But I haven’t given up.

Well, we had at least ½ inch of ice on the vehicles today, then about 4-6 inches of snow on top of that. Needless to say, it was a trip driving to work today. Got here 1 ½ late, but got her safely. Today’s temps are suppose to rise and be in the upper 30s for the ride home – meaning it will be ‘nice’ out. J

Have a great day everyone. Star, I’ll be thinking of you! Hugs, Sy

shennie_97 12-16-2005 09:48 AM

Pugmom~ I think we aren’t supposed to have the lean cuisine meals that many times a week (due to sodium) I want to say I was told no more than 3 x a week. (but I guess if you are getting in enough water you should be fine) I also just got a smoothie machine and i was planning on using the regular fruits and making them into smoothie and the COD didn’t say anything about it.

Sy~ stay safe out there.

I didn’t get in nearly enough water yesterday, plus I had the pizza last night and I still am holding on to water from the ham 2 days a ago. I was up 3 lbs this morning, so I am going to have to get on the ball and get my water and lemon juice in so I can be back to normal by weekend. But I did enjoy myself yesterday and DS had a ball. We have the school Christmas pageant tonight which usually is followed by all of the families going to pizza hut (didn’t remember that until after we already ate the pizza last night :lol: ) But I think I will just stick to their little salad bar and I should be fine. I don’t want to get anymore pizza in me until I get this water out.

mrsbeanie 12-16-2005 10:05 AM

Shennie - so glad you and your ds enjoyed his day. I'm sure you'll get that water weight off in no time!

sznn 12-16-2005 10:38 AM

deviant

Morning chicks,

i went to a staff party at a 5 star italian restaurant.

think I did OK - considering
passed on the bread and dessert, and had seafood for the entree'...+ a few martinis :dizzy:
But I feel big this AM - I am afraid of what that scale might tell me.

Oh well - I'll just start guzzling the H2o

good day to all

-S

wtxchick 12-16-2005 10:51 AM

It is snowing today!!:carrot:

We have been in rehearsals every night until late. During the day, I've been running around trying to finish Christmas shopping. The problem is that, being a SAHM, I've learned to be frugal - so I do more shopping than buying!:lol: I hate to buy something and then find the same item somewhere else cheaper! So, I tend to do so much comparison shopping that I am lucky to buy something - it drive DH bananas!:dizzy:

And, I realize why I am overweight. With all of this running around, it has been fast food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Cokes, high fat/high sodium meals...not a vegetable or fruit in sight. I got so sick of running through the drive through so I made a sit-down meal last night. Unfortunately, we had to choke it down in 20 minutes and DH said we'll just have to face the fact that until this Christmas production is over, we just won't have any time at home!

The production is going to be beautiful. The camel arrived yesterday and he is gorgeous - over 8 feet tall with 2 humps. The kids all got a kick out of him. He is very regal and stands very still when the children all gather around to pet him.

We did dress rehearsal last night until 11pm. Our angel costumes are beautiful. I can't wait until our first performance tonight!

Sorry no personals - I'm pulling for each of you!

Andi

mrsbeanie 12-16-2005 11:04 AM

sznn - drink lots of water and hot lemon water it really does help with the sodium and stuff!

mrsbeanie 12-16-2005 11:53 AM

Carmen - How was your birthday?! We all want details!! Hope that is was great!

shennie_97 12-16-2005 12:09 PM

hey beanie,

seems like were here alone today.
DBF was watching friends last night and it was the episode when they are all in the coffe shop talking about their bosses not liking them and joey says "maybe it's because you are all here at 11 in the mornign instead of at work" He said that I am just as bad as they are because i spend my whole day at work on e-bay and 3FC

mrsbeanie 12-16-2005 12:11 PM

Shennie - LOL! So true! The 3fc server was down for a while and I couldn't get back here.... I was in a panic!!

Repo girl 12-16-2005 01:34 PM

Yeah, I could not get on for a while either. Up a pound todayat WI, not full of water, so...Monday will be better! I got all of my gifts wrapped yesterday, now back to shopping for those who I forgot (Both Grandmas!) and shorted (3 year old daughter) and want to spoil a little bit more (DH). Christmas needs to hurry up and come, so that I will stop shopping! I will be broke any minute now. LOL Have a good day, all!!

vibrantecho 12-16-2005 02:12 PM

Hey chickies.

I feel totally BLAH today! I think I'm having my first pre-TOM in 6 years (loved the Depo but decided to get off it since fertility can take up to a year to come back and DH and I do plan to have more kids eventually!) - I feel just bloaty and yuck. I'm supposed to have a riding lesson today, and I think I remember that exercise tends to help, but it's just so hard to leave my nice warm house and go do it. :p

On the up side though, this nothing-in-the-house-worth-eating diet is really working out pretty well. My only goal for December was to maintain the 218's I reached last week, but I've actually continued to lose anyway - down to 217.0 this morning which is exactly five pounds so far for the month of December! Of course we've still got all the holiday gatherings coming up, beginning with an Xmas party tomorrow night in fact, so I'm hanging on to 218 as my benchmark, but I'm certainly not going to turn my nose up at a loss - it's like...breathing room, ha! :lol: