3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL: Friends and Losers - December 2005 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/69474-lawl-friends-losers-december-2005-a.html)

deetsmom 12-20-2005 07:25 AM

You got it Katie...you only live once..do the best you can:)

MetalChic 12-20-2005 08:42 AM

50 Biggest Dieting Mistakes

50 Biggest Dieting Mistakes
by Julia Havey eDiets.com Master Motivator

How many times have you been in a hurry to get to a particular destination, only to find that the road was blocked, detours were set up and your familiar, quick route was impassable? Frustrating, isn't it?

If you think about it, weight loss can be much the same way. We start on a diet -- usually it is the latest trendy plan -- armed with good intentions and plenty of desire as we head down an all-too-familiar path, then suddenly a roadblock! Someone brings doughnuts to work, you forget your healthy lunch at home, or (worse) you have a bad day and throw in the towel... until tomorrow.

Been there, done that more times than I care to admit. What enabled me to succeed at losing 130 pounds AND keeping it off for more than seven years now? Finding good detours around the inevitable roadblocks!

It is important to know what an unfit life looks like. This way you can honestly identify some of the things you may be doing that, unbeknownst to you, are putting barriers in the way of your fitness efforts. So, here we go. See if you see yourself in any of these.

50 mistakes made by dieters

1. Going on a diet that is NOT a manner of eating that can't be adhered to for life.

2. Believing they can eat cabbage soup every day.

3. Obsessing over counting calories.

4. Weighing in more than once a week.

5. Not drinking enough water.

6. Drinking sugar-laden drinks, such as lemonade, sodas, gourmet coffees, fruity blends, etc.

7. Eating more bread, pasta and potatoes than proteins, lean meats, fruits and vegetables.

8. Consuming processed foods more often than fresh foods.

9. Taking the benefits away from vegetables and fruits by overcooking them.

10. Having a negative, defeatist attitude.

11. Blaming others for their shortcomings.

12. Being quick to judge.

13. Not having a plan.

14. Not being aware of the nutritional benefits or harm of what they consume.

15. Finishing every last bite even after they are full.

16. Going back for seconds.

17. Eating at all-you-can-eat buffets and getting their money's worth.

18. Skipping breakfast.

19. Starving all day, thinking it’s the only way to lose weight.

20. Bingeing after falling off the wagon and then waiting until tomorrow to get back on track.

21. Thinking they are genetically destined to be fat.

22. Not believing they have the ability to change.

23. Confusing fat with a personality trait.

24. Thinking they are unattractive.

25. Not living each day to the fullest. Thinking that will come when they are thinner.

26. Wasting time.

27. Not finishing tasks they start.

28. Postponing tasks that need attention.

29. Rationalizing.

30. Thinking pills, powders or potions are more powerful than they really are in realizing weight loss.

31. Thinking of exercise as a must do or chore.

32. Not scheduling exercise as a vital part of their day or week.

33. Indulging in alcohol often.

34. Watching sports rather than participating in sports.

35. Watching television more than one hour a day.

36. Not giving much attention to personal hygiene or appearance.

37. Refusing to read self-improvement materials on a regular basis.

38. Giving up and resigning to being fat.

39. Finishing the food off others' plates while doing dishes.

40. Tasting and nibbling on the food while cooking.

41. Baking cookies, pies and cakes more often than at holidays.

42. Always having candy in dishes for guests, but eating more of it themselves.

43. Buying unhealthy snack items for the kids but eating it themselves.

44. Not having vegetables and/or fruit with each meal.

45. Serving more carbohydrates than any other food group for meals.

46. Thinking dieting -- not total lifestyle change -- will lead to lasting weight loss.

47. Not visualizing themselves actually living a healthy lifestyle.

48. Not taking vitamins and proper supplements.

49. Consuming fast food on a regular basis.

50. Waiting for tomorrow to get started rather than RIGHT NOW!

If you see yourself in any of these mistakes, then it is time to change. After all, what do you have to lose?!

EDITOR'S NOTE: You've seen Julia on the QVC home shopping network and the Wayne Brady Show, in USA Today, The National Enquirer, Glamour, Bride's and more! She's been called "America's weight-loss Cinderella, someone with the passion of Tony Robbins, enthusiasm of Richard Simmons and the humor of Jerry Seinfeld."

deetsmom 12-20-2005 08:45 AM

Ooo....I loved Wayne Brady!

shennie_97 12-20-2005 09:20 AM

Denise~ great WI! :bravo: thanks for the soy milk tip, but I can’t bring myself to try it. I really just don’t like anything that is milk like (except ice cream) I don’t do shakes or smoothies or any of that stuff. Haven’t had milk since I was a baby and then that was soy milk then.

I love 6 month olds, because they can’t say “but why?” They are so cute when they can’t talk back.

Karen~ that was great, I have conquered a few of those, but not as many as I would like.

adkpugmom 12-20-2005 09:27 AM

Morning All ~
Loved the 50 tips ! Printed it to put on my fridge!!! Thank You !! Also to let everyone know... I woke up this morning alot lighter !!! The home juice worked just as good!!! I am on day two now using the left over frozen one from yesterdays juicing.

textjewel 12-20-2005 09:28 AM

Good morning, chicks!

Did not make it to WI yesterday- ended up leaving work late, and got trapped in traffic -- but will today, although the scale is up a bit. . . still no TOM - not sure what is happening, except that I know it's not the normal reason - just sometimes every year or 18months my body goes for a readjustment phase - and this seems to be it. .

Going to have high tea at the Ritz this afternoon with some of my friends - luckily the portions are really small - although wrapped in carbs. But after that, and Friday (family celebration) and New Years -- that's pretty much it for uncontrollable situations.

Shennie - WTG on that SMALL!

Gerber - the best thing for me and sweet cravings is to stay away from them for about a week. After a week, the cravings really go away. The other option is to try SF candies --try SF gum -- or try a sweetish flavored hot drink - like tea or flavored coffee?

Monic - I am not a milk drinker -- so I get my dairy in with yogurt or cheese - but I have used soy milk on occaision in cereal - so it does count as a dairy. About the tamales - how are they made - I've never made them, so don't know how to count it. I'd try to follow the LAWL portions to figure out how to count them. I noticed that you're at the tip of Texas - what's the temperature like there now?

Welcome Kayd - my goal is to try for 35 pounds by 5/31 too - so we're in it together!

Deets- I can't believe that you actually changed your goal to 124 - do you want to be a LAWL customer for LIFE??

Denise - WTG on the loss!

Karen - thanks for posting that list - I recognized myself in a few of those - especially when I'm feeling frustrated and angry! BTW - how's the Target job doing, and will you continue after the holidays?

Fiona - sounds like you're enjoying your DM's end of year shopping!

Sy - how is your DS doing? SEVENTY minutes of CARDIO??

Adkpug - wow - what a terrific picture!

Bre - hoped you stayed warm!

Hey to the other chicks!

Julie

Hi Sarah -- yes, the plan changes depending on how much you weigh and how far you are away from your goal -- do you exercise, or do shift work? That's usually the reason people are put on blue, or for health reasons.

Katie - all your children look like angels!

Repo girl 12-20-2005 09:29 AM

Thanks Karen, That was great and honest! I have a huge, busy morning. Going to eat Op until the Christmas Party tonight, so I need to get my breakfast in now, before I end up running out the door without it!! Will check in later!

mnpeach00 12-20-2005 09:34 AM

Day 1 of TO done, one more to go :carrot: ! I found I MUST NOT let myself get hungry or I'm doomed. I went to the grocery store after work, while hungry, and oh boy it was HARD passing all those evil displays of cookies and chocolate.

adkpugmom 12-20-2005 09:34 AM

Si ~ Thank you so much .. right now it is all mostly in my tummy and hip - butt area.. I have that post preg. pouch.. Yuck!

The juice taste really good when you mix veggies with fruits cause the fruits are so sweet it over rides the veggies. I did it because I wanted to save money and because I usually have fruits and veggies going bad ..or cant get to la for the juice.. I also liked the taste of the LA juice myself.. they both work and taste good !

Mom_of_3_Monsters 12-20-2005 10:00 AM

Thanks for the post Karen ... very interesting !

MetalChic 12-20-2005 10:06 AM

Hey Chickies! :wave:

I also seen some of myself in that list of 50. I am proud to say that I seen less of myself than I used to... :D

Target is ok. The holiday season is horrible, but I expected that. I haven't made a decision on what I am going to do after the first of the year. I guess I will just play it by ear... I thought about staying to help pay for the wedding, but I may cause more problems being at work when I should be making plans. Oh well, I'm trying not to stress over it.

I'm stressing enought over Christmas! :stress: I've gotten a migraine headache :headache: for 3 days in a row. I already feel like I may get another one today. I thought about asking for a spa package for Christmas from DFI; but I have been looking online, and they are extrememly expensive so that is out...

I have a few gifts to buy, and alot of gifts left to wrap. We have to do my Christmas with my DGM, DF, and mom on Friday at lunch because there is no time any other time. DS and I have to work on Christmas Eve then my kids go to XH for a week.

Mom_of_3_Monsters 12-20-2005 10:10 AM

Karen - I am with you on having a few more gifts to buy, waiting on the next paycheck to come in (talk about being down to the wire :dizzy: ) I have not even started to wrap ... Nothing is wrapped :o DH and I have a few long nights ahead of us :dizzy:

Chklithunder 12-20-2005 10:19 AM

:wave: Hi Everyone. Hello to all the newbies. MAN this board is growing.

Well yesterday I did so - so at the holiday party. Not many people showed up. Wonder why. I did have the 2 glasses of wine, and instead of having the P and S before going to the event, I just had a green salad for lunch. So when I got there I was hungry, but it was okay because thank God they had a really fancy shmancy crudite tray, and I hit that sucker HARD. Then I had a few nachos with this spinach cheese dip and a taquito. Not too shabby. I fixed my plate and then got away from the food table, then decided to go open a can of whup@ss on the men on my team at the pool table. I only beat 2 of them because one of them was very good. In all it was a good time and I was home by 7:00 to check homework and spend time with the fam. I will count that one as a success. On the scale this AM, I was down 2 lbs, meaning I am still up 3 from my "week off". Still waiting on TOM too, and still inhaling the water. Wish me luck :crossed:.

Hey Gerber - Have you ever tried the LAWL chocolate biscotti? They are DELISH and they count as a F and a S. Nice break from the bars, in my OPINION. :lol:

Karen MC - whooo that list is a doozy. It has me written all over it. I am trying to decipher right now which ones DON'T fit me. Unfortunately most of them do. I'm working on it though...

Well ladies, here is to a POP day. :cheers: <--that's water

wtxchick 12-20-2005 10:48 AM

DH & I are Christmas shopping today - and I'm actually going to make purchases!:D I've got to finish this thing up!

Cookie swap tonight - minefield there! I can't not go...I don't know if there are cookies on my Tip cards:lol3:

Katie - I'm just hanging on until Monday! I'll restart then and work LAWL to the max! Hang in there!

Got to go hit the mall!

Andi

deetsmom 12-20-2005 11:51 AM

Julie- I AM a LAWL customer for LIFE, LOL!!! Arent we all?!