3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL: Friends and Losers - December 2005 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/69474-lawl-friends-losers-december-2005-a.html)

SyracuseNY 12-19-2005 07:25 AM

Hi everyone. Just lost my post trying to be cute and add some special affects. Headed out to the gym so don't have time to repost.

Hugs, Sy

adkpugmom 12-19-2005 08:48 AM

morning all ~
Trying to juice today with my juicer..and I will again after Christmas too.. Hope everyone is doing the best they can at this hard time..will check back with everyone later..have a great day !

Tuhana 12-19-2005 09:14 AM

Hello everyone

Thanks for the directions to the Monthly Thread. I am new. I got weighed in on Firday and in two weeks are down 8.5 lbs. I am now doing the take off (fastforward) for two days.
Thanks for all of the support and ideas with LAWL.
TUhana:p

shennie_97 12-19-2005 09:24 AM

good morning everyone,

Deets~ i actually don't see to much trouble with Christmas. Me and DS always go to a movie int he afternoon (no one but us can go...it's a tradition after the year his father was in kuwait and he was sad.)

Since Christmas is on sunday, I am planning a bigger breakfast and then we are considering going out for dinner at this family restaurant in chicago. With church and my children's program ont hat day, it just seems like too much to cook a huge meal. I am sure my aunt will cook some dresisng and i will have to get some, but i won't take any home with me. And the restaurant has a buffet for Christmas so I can make my choices. Although this sunday christmas seemed like it was going to be really busy and hard, we have just decised to enjoy service and not worry about anything else and that has helped soo much on the WL part.

Back down to the 150's. Got a 158.8, but i saw 159 too, so I will go with that.

textjewel 12-19-2005 09:55 AM

Hey chicks - not much time to post - so I'll catch up later -- I'm still up a bit from Saturday - totally expected - so I may go and WI this afternoon -- I'm still going to try to get my 10 visits in this month so I can get that second coupon.

Hugs to all,
Julie

adkpugmom 12-19-2005 10:07 AM

:wel3fc: Tuhana Welcome to the group.. you will find so much support here! I love this site better than all that money I paid for the program :p Anyways.. just wanted to welcome you and "Cheer" :cheer: you on in your weight loss... your "new life" and getting your self esteem back as well ;) :encore: :encore:

mnpeach00 12-19-2005 10:08 AM

Hi peeps! I got my take off juice this morning and start NOW! I got to work and guess what was on my desk, CHOCOLATE. I immediatly put it in the cupboard!!

I gotta run, my patient is here.

shennie_97 12-19-2005 10:15 AM

NSV for me. i bought a sweater this weekend and it had one of those little plastic-peel off stickers on it that said large, tried it on and it fit fine. I never looked at the tag in the inside until i put it on this morning and guess what, it is a small. Yes a small. I am wearing a small sweater right now at this moment. :D

Mom_of_3_Monsters 12-19-2005 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shennie_97
NSV for me. i bought a sweater this weekend and it had one of those little plastic-peel off stickers on it that said large, tried it on and it fit fine. I never looked at the tag in the inside until i put it on this morning and guess what, it is a small. Yes a small. I am wearing a small sweater right now at this moment. :D

:carrot: :hug: :cp: :bravo: :hat: :woo: :encore: :cheer:

Congrats Shennie !!!

Denise Wilson 12-19-2005 10:24 AM

Good for you Shennie...I don't think i have ever been a small in my life. But i'm certainly planning to be some day in the near future.

Denise Wilson 12-19-2005 10:27 AM

I go WI today, wish me luck... i don't have the best feelings 'cause despite being OP this weekend i feel alittle pre-TOM.

(Shennie as you can see i am utilizing your info about the acronyms, Thanx again)

Repo girl 12-19-2005 10:37 AM

Yeahhhh Shennie! WTG!!

Pugmom- Love your avatar. I have 4 dogs, and am begging DH for another one. Dog crazy around here. I'm with you about the best of intentions and the worst of outcomes. Right now, I am just holding on until the holidays are over!

Monic- Tamales? OMG, good thing we are in different states, I cannot leave them alone!

Mnpeach- Chocolate is my nemesis. I cannot see it, and not want it.

Deets- Out of any of us, my money is on you for a POP Christmas. Not, that you have too. It okay to let your hair down once a year, isn't it?

So, I had a really naughty Saturday, and did great yesterday until about 7:00, when the stomache flu hit, out of the clear blue sky. I missed 1 f, 1 p, and 2 v. I am hesitant to eat anything today, so I had some mashed potatoes for breakfast, and it seems that I am still sick. No COD for me today, not feeling like this. Have great day girls! Will check in later!!

Chklithunder 12-19-2005 10:40 AM

:wave: Hi Everyone and :welcome: to the Newbies. You guys have been BUSY!

I would not have believed anyone if they'd told me how difficult it could be trying to watch your weight (much less lose weight) between Thanksgiving and New Year's. Last week, going off plan wasn't such a good idea. I thought I was "watching it" but evidently not. I wasn't weighing at all, and lo and behold when I stepped on the scale on Saturday I was up 5 lbs. Nuff said. Some of it may be water, some may be TOM, who knows, but it sure doesn't feel good to look down and see something like that, after the effort I had recently put in to bust my looong plateau. Ah well, I was POP yesterday (discovered how poorly I had been doing with water up till then - spent all day going to the restroom). The plan is to be POP today too, as much as possible anyway. Our holiday party is tonight at the Rock Bottom Brewery. Drink wise I should be okay, I will have some red wine. I am thinking though that I should probably have a large salad (so exciting) for lunch and then maybe a P and S before I go so as not to have to eat any of the food they will be serving there. I'll give it a shot...

Sy - Hope all is well with your DSis.

Bre - Regina used PSP - Paint Shop Pro to create the avatars. I was thinking about getting a copy myself and fooling around with it. The avatars are soo cool.

Shennie - WOO HOO on the "S" - Wow! Your Christmas movie tradition with DS is really sweet. Maybe this time around you guys can see King Kong. I was supposed to chaperone my oldest DS and his "friend" to the movies to see that this Saturday but I got a bad report from school and had to put him on lockdown so that meant we did not go. When DH took me, the movie started out pretty good...but I just couldn't hang in there with it.

Beanie - I am glad you're feeling better.

Denise - Your boys are cuties! RE: Exercise - if mornings are definitely out of the question, how about naptime, or just before bed? Let me know how it goes.

Deets - I think you counted the cookies correctly by counting them as F,S,Fat. I know the LA Biscotti each count as a F and a S.

Katie - Feel better soon.

Well, I'm off for more water chickies. Here's to a POP Monday :cheers:!

wtxchick 12-19-2005 10:54 AM

Christmas Celebration is over and we are all exhausted. It was the most fun I have had in a long time. We arrived at the Coliseum yesterday at 2pm and didn't leave until 10pm. We had 2 performances with a catered box lunch from a local deli in between.

After the last performance, as people are filing out, the Praise Team was singing "Go Tell It On the Mountain." A lot of the cast just spontaneously went out while they were singing and started dancing around. Another angel and I decided we wanted in, too, so we went out and starting dancing. DH spied me and we began dancing together. Those who were there got a big kick out of it. If you know anything about Southern Baptists (we supposedly don't dance!:lol: ), you'll understand why our church members thought it was a hoot for us to dance together!:carrot:

I'm not real motivated to do a whole lot today. I'm thinking about heading over to the COD and taking my medicine with the weigh in!:p Then, maybe a little Christmas shopping.

For those of you who are managing the course during the holidays, I say bravo!:cp:

My kids still have 3 more days of school, so I better finish up the shopping quick! Have a good one!

Andi

LA'smostDETERMINED 12-19-2005 11:16 AM

Good Morning to everone...glad to see everone's doing good. I haven't gone to WI but will soon...I've done a lil cheating here and there but it has been minor. lol.....yeah MINOR! Yesterday I really sticked to it um....take that back...I didn't have my 3v but I had an extra starch accidently....I didn't have my dairy ither so....well I had Soy Milk...does that really count...as a dairy...? It says so in the book....? Hmmm...well....It's Monday and I hope I don't fall offf....

Repo Girl...where are you located...? Oh geee...it be so hard for me to leave tamales...although I haven't had any...and If i do plan to...I plan to count 1 tamale as a 1P and 1S is that Ok? OR 1P 1S 1F??? OR 1P 2S 1F....? I don't know....Anyways...well see you laterz....I usually come and check forum a couple of times a day.....

Welcome to all new people:carrot: