General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:32 AM   #196  

Good morning buster buddies. Getting ready to go for my walk on the treadmill. Having trouble with sugar. I've got to wean myself off of it again. Don't know what happens, ahh yes I do. I let my guard down and wham I'm back to eating it again. Other than that we're having lots of beautiful salads here. Last night was a nice shrimp salad.

Ellen- Hope you got to go to water aerobics today. That sounds like a wonderful way to start the day. Your picnic sounds wonderful.

Solly- Can't wait to hear if the rasberry ketones works. I watch Dr. Oz everyday. Are you watching the Biggest Loser.

Lady- Welcome aboard. Sounds like you've got a good start going. Good luck with your sugar.

Well off to finish my coffee and hop on the treadmill.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:36 AM   #197  

Good morning! Sorry I have been MIA for a few days. My good friend had surgery Tuesday, and I spent yesterday morning at the hospital visiting her, then came home, grabbed lunch and went to church for a puppet team rehearsal, then potluck. I cut out of the Bible study and came home and literally was in bed ready to go to sleep before my husband got home at 8! I fell asleep by 8:30 and slept until 6. I do not know why I was so tired, but I was. I am on my second cup of espresso now and hoping I can get moving and accomplish something today!

Llady! So glad to have you join us! Getting off sugar is a great start! FIGHT like a tiger to get it out of your diet, and you WILL see benefits. Cravings go down and you will feel better. Once off it, it doesn't control you anymore. Its SO worth the fight. (keep telling yourself that when tempted!) If you begin eating low glycemic foods, and cut out the white flour, white potatoes and white rice, corn and sugar you will see big improvements. Gluten free is NOT hard at all! My husband and I eat gluten free. Almond flour is a wonderful substitute. I buy it online from Honeyville and it works great for muffins and stuff. Elana's Pantry has a lot of recipes that help. Just make sure you watch the sugar content in recipes you find. And please, if you have questions, ask away! I will try and be very regular about checking on here so I can try and answer any you have. We used to have a fantastic recipe section on our board, but 3FC deleted the Sugar Buster area and the recipes went with it.

Off to find some breakfast! Its another typical day at Ellen's...too much to do!

Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:21 PM   #198  

Got my treadmill walk in today. Making a chef salad for dinner. Its a beautiful sunny day today. After while I'm going to Wal Mart. We have to get a battery for our truck. DH had an accident in it yesterday and the back window got broke out so tomorrow we have to take it for a new sliding window. What a week everything happening at once. Sure will be glad when the week end is here. Hope everyone is okay and doing well...

Ellen- I hope your friend is okay. Sounds like so much going on in your life.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:05 AM   #199  

S/C/G: 226/197/145

Height: 5'1"

Good morning all,
with my strep throat symptoms mostly cleared up, my sugar cravings are back. Last night wasn't good, but I'm back with a healthy start today. For breakfast I had 408 calories (my goal is to get atleast half my days calories in before 1), 40g of protein, all low you'vmic foods with no added sugars. Great start, we'll see how goes once I leave the house right?!
I hope you all have a gorgeous day!
llladynasti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:06 AM   #200  

Youvmic ? That was my phones autocorrect - should say glycemic
Old 03-31-2012, 11:37 PM   #201  

Just a fly by....did a puppet show at church today for the Easter Egg Hunt. It went well, and tonight I watched the new Muppet Movie. Now I am all enthused about puppets again and I want to do more!

Had a terrible day for me. I ate a biscuit for breakfast, and popcorn while watching the movie. Had a sandwich for lunch....argh! Back to the low carb straight and narrow tomorrow.

LADY: Don't you LOVE auto correct? NOT! I turned it off....it annoys me to have to correct myself, but I get MORE annoyed when it assumes I mean something totally different than I do... Glad you are feeling better....sorry cravings are rearing their ugly heads...FIGHT!
Old 04-01-2012, 01:47 PM   #202  

Good morning. I binged last night. Interesting how autocorrect wants to change the word binged to the word hunger, as it is not really hunger... except maybe a hunger of the soul. I know exactly why I did it, but that's for a different thread. I went for a nap right after, so luckily most of my sugar hangover is gone this morning. I am back to my regular breakfast. Which won't be so regular when my 9 year old returns from Maui. She is probably going to be surprised about a few things - the clean house, Mommy 's new diet, all the new apps on my phone hahaha . I found some informative sites on bringing your children on board with a low sugar diet, but not enough on no sugar. It's not a sin to live without sugar, right?! Added sugar and high glycemic foods, that is.
I am so new to this but going by apps I found as to glycemic index. If you notice me talking about an item that is actually high glycemic, will you correct me? I would appreciate that very much!!
Toni - so is hubby doing ok after the accident?
Have a beautiful day everyone!
Old 04-02-2012, 01:54 PM   #203  

S/C/G: 164/163/130

Height: 5' 5"

Default Hello!

I was once a member on the SugerBusters board. I couldn't find it, but I found you guys! Some of the usernames looked familiar so I thought I would re-introduce myself. I have eaten a low GI diet on and off since 1998. I wish I could say more on than off...but unfortunately I am back off and have been for awhile (I have the extra 30 lbs to prove it!). Anyway, I am trying to get myself back on track. My father was diagnosed with type II diabetes a few years ago, so that is another reason I know I must learn to kick my sugar habit again.
maables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:10 AM   #204  

Welcome, Maables! We are the old Sugarbusters group. We lost our own area a while back when our numbers dwindled and they reorganized a number of areas. Nice to have you back!

Have my grandson here today and tomorrow. Poor tyke had a fever tonight, but it hardly slowed him down. I gave him, (read that forced just about...) some children's tylenol and put him to bed a bit early. I hope he is better in the morning. Grammie time should not have to deal with illness....

Went to water aerobics this morning. I do love water workouts. I sure am pooped tonight tho! So, off to beddie bye!

Good night!
Old 04-03-2012, 01:50 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 164/163/130

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks Ellen! I am glad to be getting back to where I need to be. I got frustrated about 6 months ago when trying to lose weight again. I would go weeks without a single pound loss. I tried everything I could think of. Gave up my coffee thinking maybe I was getting too much sugar from the cream. Gave up diet drinks. And nothing! So I went to low calorie -- YUCK! Spent the first week starving! I did lose 6 or so pounds but it was miserable and just didn't seem worth it. Then I realized that all that splenda, jello, ranch mix, and the like were loaded with maltodextrin. I am now wondering if that may have been part of the problem. So I'm starting over and only using agave or davinci syrups for sweeteners.

I've had early morning meetings recently that are cutting into my breakfast time. By the time I'm free it's mid morning and just eat a snack. I think that too may hinder my weight loss. Hitting the gym after work. Not a big fan of cardio but love the weight machines.

Hope everyone has a great day!
maables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:03 PM   #206  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies, been busy but don't know what r why. Oly one more week until Jamaica. I am do excited. Needless to say, no wt loss though.

Ellen, hope your friend gets well soon. Also your grandson. I agree grandma time shouldn't include illness.

Toni, I am watching BL but ably 3 weeks behind. I tape it and watch when I can. Nstill taking the raspberry ketones. Moist about 5 lbs then either cold or allergies got me and was sick for 2 days. My friend says it really has made a big difference with her loss. You have to give to a couple weeks to get going

Marbles, I remember you. Welcome back.

Ladynasti, welcome to our group.

Did anyone see 60 minutes Sunday? It was about how sugar is poison. More addictive than cocaine. That's scary.

Off to catch up onmy recorded tv. Have a great week.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:04 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Oh, almost forgot. Does anyone know how close Crystle lives to the tornadoes that hit Texas? Hope sheis ok.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:13 PM   #208  

SOLLY: I just sent her a text message. Will let you know if I hear back from her. Check on Facebook too. I can't until Sunday!
Old 04-03-2012, 09:15 PM   #209  

Had my grandson until about noon today. He was right as rain this morning, but I am dragging. I wonder if I got what he had...thankfully its short.

Will check in tomorrow when I feel more the thing. Heading to bed now.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:25 PM   #210  

Heard from Crystle. She said tornadoes were four hours away, but bad storms are headed her way now. Praying they are not severe....