General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:59 AM   #346  

Hello! I have been somewhat busy...as usual. Walked an hour yesterday. Was going to walk this morning but a friend is coming to swim in an hour with her kids, so I won't make it. Will have to exercise in the pool, I guess. I would have gone earlier, but a friend left her swimsuit here Wednesday after pool day and had to come by and get it on her way out of town...she did not get here until a few minutes ago. (she was planning on leaving at 7am...but with three small boys she was an hour and a half late!!)

Only one thing on the calendar for this weekend...the VBS volunteer appreciation picnic on Sunday afternoon. Should be fun. How do I get so busy? This weekend is looking so nice and peaceful...just waiting for one of my daughters to call and need me. And I can't say no. hehe...

Blood sugar issues continue...seems exercise and walking don't do anything for me anymore. Its rather frustrating.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:14 PM   #347  

Hello! Looks like we are all busy...eh? Wondering if we ought to just let it die. Thoughts?
Old 08-12-2012, 10:25 PM   #348  

Sorry I've been busy. My son that was in Kuwait in the Army was here for a week. I hadn't seen in him in over a year so it was just a thrill. I loved everyday he was here.

Ellen- I would so hate to see this go. I love you ladies but what ever you all think is the best....
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:40 AM   #349  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi Lades. Had a great weekend at my friend's houseboat at Del Hollow. Gtthere Thursday night so I was a good long weekend. Back to routine today. My oldet started back to school okay so I am back to 2 days with my grandson. Guess this means summer is over.

My youngest starts her student teaching on Thursday. She & I are so miserable with our weight so we are starting doing something today. I am gong sugar busters I think. Low GI is the best way to go.

Toni, I am so glad you had a nice visit with your son.

Ellen, I would hate to lose this site too but will do whatever. We will have to find another way to keep in touch.

Breakfast was a protein smoothe. Not much food in the house so unsure of the day. Waiting for a friend to call to go walking. HAve a great day.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:59 AM   #350  

Good morning! Went to the doctor and got all my test results yesterday. There was nothing unusual or surprising, with the exception of the thyroid antibodies being up some. Decided to drop the one med that makes the pancreas kick out more insulin, and added a basal (long acting) insulin shot at night in an attempt to get the bg under control. This morning there was no improvement, but I am not deterred. It will take some time. I am unhappy that I can't seem to get any kind of consistent control without the insulin, but I have to do what will work. So I am determined to stick to the low carb diet recommended by Dr. Berenstein and make this work.

Its raining this morning, so no walk. I hope it stops and clears off some so I can get out there. I may go walk at the mall. Or Wal Mart. I just need to leave my money at home!

Tom and I ordered our anniversary present over the weekend...its a drum coffee roaster! I am pretty excited! It will roast 3/4 of a pound at a time! MUCH easier than what I can do with the hot air corn popper.

I slept late this morning...I had gotten up before 6 and stayed up an hour, but laid back down at 7 and slept until 9. I think I needed the sleep. I feel better this morning after a few days of lower GI upset...think it was from something I ate.

Off to fix some espresso and rustle up some breakfast!
Old 08-14-2012, 10:20 AM   #351  

Went grocery shopping yesterday. Glad to get it done. I got a new computer but DH hasn't got it all going yet. He has to work today so it might be a few days. But thats alright. The weather has been in the 80's the past few days and I'm loving it. Slept till 9 too.

Ellen- I hope all you're doing for your BS works. I've never seen anyone work so hard. The coffee roaster sounds great. Send some of that rain.

Off to have more coffee and think about breakfast..
Old 08-14-2012, 10:24 AM   #352  

Oh Solly I forgot to post to you. Thinking about going back to Sugar Busters too. I'd have to read my book again I've forgotten most of it. Hope you're feeling good. How old is your Grandson now? Have a good day.....
Old 08-17-2012, 09:27 AM   #353  

Hi ladies. Seems like veer time I get started something happens. I was so determined to walk everyday so started Monday with a walk around the block. Tuesday's walked with a friend for about 45 min. That was the first time I have had tennis shoes on in awhile plus I had jammed my 4th toe a couple weeks ago. I lessened my shoe & I didn't have trouble walking but the next day I could hardly walk & still so. I have used ice, wearing a orthopedic shoe but that toe is swollen twice the size. I have it taped but not doing any good. SO now I can't walk. So frustrating. I am down 7 lbs since Monday but I know it is water but at least the number on the scale is lower.

People magazine has articles on people who have lost over 100 lbs all on their own. THey had 3 of them on GMA today but did not spend a lot of time with each one. Will have to read that one for sure.

Toni, my GS just turned 3. I don't know where time goes. Bet you are loving your new computer. I have only had one glass of wine this week. Will have a couple tonight but not overdoing.

Ellen, you do work so hard on your BS. I sure hope you get it under control soon. It stormed last night & is cool today. Temps in the high 70's next week. Seems like summer just ended.

Off to clean this diry house. Have a good weekend.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:32 AM   #354  

My new granddaughter was born Thursday morning. My grandson came to spend the night Wednesday, so it worked perfectly! He is still here. Its thrown me off my schedule a good bit, no walks, or exercise. I hope once I get back to a normal routine, I will see some results from the new insulin regimen.

The weather has been gray and kind of depressing the last few days. I do hope we get warmer weather soon. I want to be able to swim some more.

Off to figure out what I need to do that I have not done yet. The list is long....

Old 08-18-2012, 03:21 PM   #355  

Nice Saturday. Its only 80 something and I'm loving the cooler weather for the week. Can't wait for fall. Did some laundry today and not a whole lot more. Turkey sandwiches on whole wheat pita's for lunch.

Ellen- Its wonderful you had a new baby girl grandbaby. I'll bet your daughter is thrilled to have a boy and a girl now. It will be nice when you can get back to walking.

Solly- Dang thats awful about your foot. Hope it heals quickly so you can get back to walking. Wow can't believe your grandson is 3 already. Need to clean this house too.

Off to have my ice tea and watch a movie.....
Old 08-21-2012, 12:15 PM   #356  

Hi ladies, nothing much going on. Wt is holding. Wish I could walk some. Just ran some errands & did a load of laundry.

Ellen, congrats on your new granddaughter. Hope you get your routine back soon.

Toni, it has actually been cool during the evenings here. I like fall but that brings winter which I do not like.

Public schools started today. My youngest will have her first day of student teaching today. Should have taken her picture aha.

Off to fix DH some lunch
Old 08-21-2012, 08:21 PM   #357  

Hello everyone! Daughter, SIL, grandson and granddaugher just left. The boy stayed with me while they took the baby to have billirubin checked at the hospital. All was fine...but it ended up taking all day. I did get some walking in...we had a run off vote today, and I went with Tom at 8 to vote. He dropped me off about 3/4 of a mile from home and I walked the rest of the way, while he went on to work. Would have liked to walk more, but there is something weird going on with my foot. Its almost like a severe insect bit. There is a red bump and its very sore. Its not getting any better, or worse...but I think walking with my shoes on aggravates it some. Like Solly, I am kind of over this kind of stuff....

The bg is still not improving as well as I had hoped, but I am going to keep on... Today I made a chicken and broccoli casserole that was very low carb. It was great...but now its sitting heavy in my tummy. I already doses myself with a couple pieces of ginger in hopes of it getting better.

Tomorrow we are having a belated birthday celebration for my older daughter. She chose the restaurant...its an all you can eat Korean buffet. UG. The food there is fabulous...but very hard to eat low carb! I am anticipating a bg set back...again. Its nearly impossible not to eat too much when you pay a huge amount per person. And EVERYONE pays for the buffet, they don't have a menu. Wish me luck!
Old 08-21-2012, 08:30 PM   #358  

Enjoying the better weather. And thinking about getting back on the treadmill. I hope I do better with the cooler weather. I'm wanting to go back on the 17 dd, it worked so well for me and I felt allot better. Maybe next month when its not so hot.

Solly-Hope your daughter does good at school. Hows the low carb going? Or am I wrong and you're not doing that.

Ellen- I would love to try the Korean place, it sounds like fun. Hope your foot heals...
Old 08-21-2012, 10:21 PM   #359  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Hey Hey Hey

Howdy ya'll. It has been forever since I've been here and posted. I tried keeping up with ya'll at facebook but it is just not the same. No promises but I'm gonna try to use this board again unless ya'll are gonna shut it down. We have been together WAY too long to lose contact. Ya'll are my inspiration and push when I start getting off track.

My eating has been mostly fruits and veggies. I'm exercising like a mad woman and pretty much staying the same.

I can hardly wait for cooler weather. There was a small break in the temps last night and tonight. It really helped when it came time to run this evening.

Ellen, congratulations on the new grand baby.

((Everybody))

Love and hugs,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:31 PM   #360  

Woo Hoo Crystal welcome back. You are doing so good. And such good inspiration.....